What every skinny guy should know...

General

Don Juan
Reaction score
Matt Rogers said:
I am sceptical. Granted if you are good looking and add some muscle you will be even more attractive to women. But take someone who has an average face-one that never turns any heads, and an average body (not fat, not thin, just average). Now if that guy was to build up his body to say Mens' Health cover boy standards, how much would the quality of the women he attracts really increase?

My feeling is maybe say go from 5s to 6s and possibly 7s. But to get the 8s,9s and 10s you do need to be good looking facially, either in a pretty boy way or a masculine way.

I disagree your body is very imporant.A lot of guys out there that overall have average faces get lots of women just because of their body.Look at Usher and there are a few others.Usher is considered ugly by many women women say he has a big nose and all of that but because Usher has his 6 pack he brings in more girls.It's just like an ugly or average girl.An ugly or average girl with a banging body will get men.Heck probably even more than a good looking one in some cases.Just like how men look at women women look at men.

HoneyHitter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
I asked my gf how built was too built and she thought for a while and said. 'Ashton Kutcher. Anything bigger is too big.'

So there you go.
Dude, Ashton Kutcher is a celebrity...what do you think, that doesn't count?

Quoting the DJ Bible:
What women say, think, want and do are four separate things.
Amen

beercan

Don Juan
Reaction score
HoneyHitter said:
Dude, Ashton Kutcher is a celebrity...what do you think, that doesn't count?

Quoting the DJ Bible:

Amen
cmon , fu<k aston kutcher dude.:moon:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man this thread is great.

I want to say that the path goes like this

As you gain weight, you are more confident, because

-you look better
-you are more determined
- you are disciplined
- you are more self loving (damn i look good!)
- women's attention at the gym

so naturally your confidence goes up..and then it all snaps in place as you think - hey i can get this chick!

and voila!

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to build abit on that...

As far as approaching girls:

1) When you are bigger and look jacked/ripped, it gives you a whole heap of confidence when approaching because in your head(or atleast mine), you KNOW that the girl will be receptive, that she won't be totally repulsed by you. When she turns to look at you, she sees your body and her primal instinctive part of the brain would essentially think "Yeah, I'd tap that" and in short she would be more receptive to what you have to say, and more open to seduction.

So even if you have an average face, if you get the 8-10/10 body, you're good enough for a huge percentage of girls/women around the world.

At that point it's up to your game to get her back to your place.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sometimes get to the point where I don't have to say anything with girls. I just walk up, say one thing or just look at her and it's game over.. those are good times.

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Just to build abit on that...

As far as approaching girls:

1) When you are bigger and look jacked/ripped, it gives you a whole heap of confidence when approaching because in your head(or atleast mine), you KNOW that the girl will be receptive, that she won't be totally repulsed by you. When she turns to look at you, she sees your body and her primal instinctive part of the brain would essentially think "Yeah, I'd tap that" and in short she would be more receptive to what you have to say, and more open to seduction.

So even if you have an average face, if you get the 8-10/10 body, you're good enough for a huge percentage of girls/women around the world.

At that point it's up to your game to get her back to your place.
I would also go on to say (though im not big jacked/ripped) that you take rejection a lot easeir because you know deep down you have an attractive body and that for the 1 women that says "no" there is another one that will say "YES!!!"

Even though I take rejection in stride and use it as a learning experience, it still eats at me when I think "what if I looked like a Men's Health model, would she have rejected me then?"

Of course I could be full of shyt thinking that, but then again ive never been big so i haven't been on the other side of the fence to know, so to speak.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:

With an average face and a 8-10/10 body (which means above average height, broad shoulders, pretty big arms and visible 8-pack), you are going to attract almost any girl that isn't a celebrity.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lifting heavy weights energizes men and fills them with masculine energy. women are attracted to masculine energy. its that simple.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With an average face and a 8-10/10 body (which means above average height, broad shoulders, pretty big arms and visible 8-pack), you are going to attract almost any girl that isn't a celebrity.
That's exactly my point... Everybody, unless they have a thyroid problem or something, can achieve an 8-10 body.

All you need to do is use a gym consistently for a couple years, eat disciplined and clean for a couple years, take care of yourself for acouple years, and spend a month building a tan and mabye get some laser hair removal, and you're all set.

I'm on my way, several months in, and I get comments and all that stuff. I'm probably at a 6-7/10 right now, if 5 is average. Still workin on the 6pack and thinkin about getting a tan.

So yeah, as long as you aren't UGLY ugly in the face, then building a 8-10/10 body will do the work for you, as long as you wear clothes that show off and enhance your hard work.

One more thing, I never thought about height, because as long as your proportions are right, then height doesn't matter so much in my books.

peace

Reaction score
This is so true I'm 6'1 185 poundish and I don't have ugly/fat chicks hitting on me. I know that a bunch of them have crushes on me. Anyways when I gained some fat, I noticed that fat chicks hit on me for some reason. I really gotta gain another 20 pounds and lower my bodyfat to only attract the models and HB9-10! :rock: Ya... I'm shallow o well I'm an assh*le too. :rockon:

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to take back some negative comments I made in this thread, for the fact that I think it didn't sink in that he is 6'3". I was just focusing on the weight and thinking, hmm 205 is heavy.

The reality is 205 is a great weight, if its muscle, for a 6'3" dude. If i used BMI's, my current weight actually puts me inbetween his 175 and 185 observations since i'm only 5'11".

So he started out at 6'3", 155, then hel* yeah, he need to put on a LOT of weight. That's too light for even my 5'11" frame!

eko

Don Juan
Reaction score
jakethasnake said:
This is so retarded. Use your common sense, people! Sprinters are muscular because they run SHORT distances - they train for explosive power, and their bodies utilize glycogen for short-term energy. Long distance runners like marathonners are the ones that lose muscle mass like crazy because they constantly burn energy to run long distances. Think about it. Sprint training will not only build up your explosiveness - it will also promote better balance, reflexes, and overall musculature/posture. It's a great element of cross-training you can add to your weightlifting, if you want to be buff, but also fast and explosive. If you just want to weight 250 pounds at 5'9", then that isn't for you.
http://www.mensracing.com/photos/2004/olympictrials04/dayeight40.jpg

this guy (alan webb) set the high school mile record (3:53) and American record (3:48). he ran up to 80 miles/week in high school and he's pretty damn big.

there are actually a lot of distance runners that aren't skinny

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eko said:
http://www.mensracing.com/photos/2004/olympictrials04/dayeight40.jpg

this guy (alan webb) set the high school mile record (3:53) and American record (3:48). he ran up to 80 miles/week in high school and he's pretty damn big......
Umm... no he's not. His BMI is 21 at the most. Granted "big" is relative, but he's not big by any standard. Muscular, maybe, but certainly not big. Skinny dudes can be toned with muscle; like that guy. If that guy covers up those guns with a shirt, he's gonna look like any other shrimp that needs a few pounds. He has almost no pecs.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
Good Post

And I agree 95%, but there are two missing factors here.

1. It all depends on the type of women you are targeting. There is no 1 right strategy that will work on every woman

2. In the end, the mind is always the most powerful tool. Neither Casanova or Don Juan were big bulky guys, yet they are who we aspire to.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
April 2007

May 2007

So just out of curiosity, did you have more chicks hitting on you before or AFTER you lost 4 inches and 115 pounds?

OWNED!

Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
One more thing, I never thought about height, because as long as your proportions are right, then height doesn't matter so much in my books.

peace
actually, it does matter. Maybe not in YOUR books, but the women that may reject you if you're 3-5 inches shorter than them. The classic phrase "tall dark and handsome" true when you think about it.

Reaction score
Espi said:
I agree...I know from experience that the majority of women do not prefer size; they prefer proportion.

I used to weigh 240 lbs. (6'2"); currently I weigh 215. At both weights, I maintained a healthy diet and a well-proportioned physique, but I seem to draw more female attention (i.e. glances, approaches, etc.) at my current weight than my 240 weight.

Size will get you noticed quickly, but that doesn't mean you can sustain a woman's attention.
were you fat at 240 pounds? because at 6'2" 240 pounds of muscle wouldn't make you look like a bodybuilder, you'd just be pretty well carved and still slim-like. And the same for pook, being 6'3" and 155lbs is very skinny, but being the same height and 205 is VERY well proportioned, and NOT bodybuilder looking at all. For all these guys that are claiming they got more attention when they lost weight, they probably had fat before and now that some muscle shows they get more attention fro 7s-9s.

Please understand, muscle weighs way more inch for inch than fat. You guys don't seem to realize that a 6'3 guy at 205 lbs of muscle will be way slimmer in the waist and arms than a 6'3 guy at 205 lbs of fat.