What every skinny guy should know...

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
yes, girls do like muscle. all u dudes who say muscle does diddly squat r jus jealous cuz u dont have any. my physique is not the best now, but im workin on it. even now im gaining muscle and people complement me on it, yes, girls too. they say i look sexy. i i'd probably get more compliments if i was more cut, and yes im pretty big. im not one of those skinny guys with muscles showing through no fat. when was the lastt time someone was complimented on bein skinny? never....unless they're on some wieght loss program or something.
muscle= sexy above average, healthy man
skinny= jus another dude

Zero Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" 200 lbs. and I'm still skinny looking. That's not far enough. I'm going to at least 220. BTW, I've put on 20 lbs. in 2 months so it ain't that hard if you are committed.

Zero Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Well, sure...if not being able to scratch your back or fit through a doorway is your goal. If attracting women is your goal, it's probably best to emulate those whose main job qualification is to be extremely attractive to women. All depends on what you're striving for.
Yeah if you want to be a fag male model, go for it....I'd rather be 220 and have the build of an NFL QB. More women for me do what you want.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked my gf how built was too built and she thought for a while and said. 'Ashton Kutcher. Anything bigger is too big.'

So there you go.

persiangino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ashton Kuchter may be relatively skinny but women still find him very sexy. Why? Because he has an atractive face. Same goes for George Clooney, Brad Pitt etc. It's funny how the most jacked up people i know also are the ugliest people i've ever seen. :rock:

beercan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
I asked my gf how built was too built and she thought for a while and said. 'Ashton Kutcher. Anything bigger is too big.'

So there you go.
Im never getting on punked, phuck that,

they'll bury that faggot aston kutcher in his red trucker hat. lol

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
6'1, 175 is the standard template for male models.
Really? Then, 6'1 and 175 must be huge...:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Deus ex Pianoforte said:
If NFL QB's are more attractive to women than male models, why don't more QB's pose shirtless for clothing lines?
Female models have next to no tìts and you can see their bones. Are you attracted by those types of girls? No? Then, why do they pose for clothing lines?

Zero Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are in straight up denial...hit the ****ing gym...if you are 6'0" go for 200, 6'1 210...etc....you won't even look big when you get there, guaran****inteed....that's it I don't have any more time for these sissy men.

Now I am off to the gym...I was 6'3" 180 2.5 months ago and I was 199 last time...hopefully I crack 200 today.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
No, just the ideal height/weight ratio for attracting women. This is due to the golden ratio, or "Phi". The ratio is the Universe's standard of beauty, and appears throughout nature. The male physique is no exception.
Is this something you came up with or you have some evidence of what you say? I'm not talking about the golden ratio itself, but the fact that it gives 175 lbs as the perfect weight for a 6'1 grown man.

Deus ex Pianoforte said:
This only describes a select few high fashion models nowadays, as ultra-thin women are beginning to be banned. Look at Victoria Secret models for the female ideal.
They may be fewer than the past, but they exist, so it means that models are no perfect. Maybe in the future, slim male models will be banned and more muscular guys will begin to rise in the industry.

Models' bodies are perfect for clothes, not for attraction. They are selected basing on how good clothes suit them.
So who has the perfect body for attracting? Well, people whose job is to attract women, that is male strippers:

http://www.hunkmania.com/male-strippers.htm

Look at these guys: a guy with that body at 6'1 would weight AT LEAST 200 lbs.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That would make for a LOT of facially ugly models with very nice bodies. Don't kid yourself. There are no models that fashion designers don't think the public will find incredibly attractive, with the overall total package, so to speak.

I'm not saying that they're not beautiful. My point is that they don't need to be the MOST ATTRACTIVE (which, btw, is different than beautiful) people in the world, they just need to look extremely good with those clothes on (which obviously implies being a lot better looking than average, but not necessarily sexually attractive).

That's an excellent point. I can't really explain that contradiction, actually. The vast majority of my female friends tell me that they are not attracted to men that are as big as male strippers, but I never thought to ask why not. I'll get started on that. I can only imagine that the type of woman to pay a guy to strip for them likes only certain types of guys, and that includes the overly muscular. These same women likely are not attracted to the more metrosexual men such as Orlando Bloom, Leonardo DiCaprio, and the fruity, delicate male models. I'm going to start asking though, that's an interesting statement.

My theory is that most women are insecure and this leads them to think that they are not feminine enough to satisfy these guys' masculinity. They think they won't be able to stay with them for anything longer than a ONS, so they instantly put them on their "black list". Anyway, when these guys appear to be very interested in a girl, that girl *strangely* becomes very attracted to them (this happens constantly, I can tell you guys).
When you have a awesome body, you need to get an even tighter game, BUT this pays off a lot. Why? Because you could never even resemble good-looking slim guys like Orland Bloom or Leonardo Di Caprio (otherwise you probably wouldn't even be here). Most guys' only way to improve instant attraction (of course you can even do without it and just concentrate on your game, but we're talking about instant sexual attraction here) is to get those guys' bodies (or as close to) and improve their game a lot, so they can come off as muscular and sexy but also intelligent and attainable, i.e.: the perfect man.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Keep the proportions right and women won't care about big vs small. Unfortunately, most skinny guys just don't have enough muscle mass to maintain a proper, manly proportion.

My head is huge, so I spend more time on my shoulders than any other muscle group. I'm 6'4, 240, and I'm nowhere NEAR "muscle-bound".

If you go to the gym and get ripped, but are still slim, then that's fine. If you go to the gym and become huge, that's fine too. Point is...get your lazy ass to the gym.

Something worth noting...guys with more muscle are forgiven more fat. :D

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Well, first of all I'm in better shape than both of those pixies. I'm leaner, bigger, and better toned. Second of all, from what I've taken from women, I'm about on the same level, if not above them. I personally find that hard to believe, but here's why. Most women who've seen the show Prison Break say I bear a strong resemblance to the main character (Wentworth Miller, he was on the cover of Details a little while back). And most girls prefer this dude to both of the aforementioned actors. So that's where I came to that conclusion. I'm also leaner, slightly more muscular, and better toned than Mr. Miller. So you make the call.

And yes, I do know that my game needs to be much better than the average guy. I'd say around 60% of women purposely (and quite obviously) avoid eye contact with me, and any other contact if they can help it, most likely due to insecurity. In all fairness though, I'm a WBAFC, so I never get to find out what they're truly thinking, since I never approach.
You got my point right, man. Guys like Leonardo Di Caprio and Orlando Bloom may be beautiful but only some girls consider them sexy, while I think almost no girl would argue that guys in that link I posted are sexy, although they probably wouldn't admit it, even to themselves.

LegendBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
There's a woman for EVERY body type out there. Super skinny, Calvin Klein model, veiny bodybuilder, roly-poly fatass...doesn't matter, there isn't any body type that isn't desired by a woman out there, and no undesirable body type that can't be overcome with good, solid game. Although in all fairness, I think we all know which of the body types I named will be most attractive to the most women. ;)
What a thread. Look guys there is no UNIVERSAL BEAUTY. There is aspects that MOST people agree upon though. That muscles are attractive to which degree I won't get into. Fat is ugly.

Now Deus hit the nail on the head. Being a tank or a slick 6pac boy are based on personal preference I mean if you honestly FEEL your best being skinny then there is nothing wrong. If you feel good big there is also nothing wrong.

I have talked to many girls, my female cousins and they all say body builder is ugly.. Trust me a lot of girls don't like it. But if massive body building is your passion then no problems why put woman first. Because you will find a girl that loves it. Plain and simple.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forgive me from not having read all 20 pages of this thread. I just read Pook's original post and a couple of follow ups. I have to say this is by far the worst post I have ever seen on any board, ever.

This guy (pook) was so full of excuses when he made the post it isn't even funny. I am not really big, just average, reasonably toned guy and I have dated strippers, really hot women, average women, nutcase women, highly educated women, etc. the whole platter. Likely the reason he got better results is because he thought he would get better results! Self-fuffiling prophecy. A man's state of happiness (or unhappiness) has a *huge* effect on how women respond to him.

I am not saying guys shouldn't work out, of course they should. Exercise keeps one mentally and physically healthy... but to stoop so low as to think one has to be a body builder is exactly the way AFCs think which is what caused all their problems to begin with..the toxic shame of not feeling good enough.

The post could have been OK if it simply stated to work out to stay healthy, but to think that all highly attractive women want a pro bodybuilder is just outrageous. Just walk around and look at the next 3 hot women you see with a guy!

edit:
6'3 and 155lbs HA HA HA. OK I didn't register that the first time I read his post. Holy shyt this guy was a total TWIG! At that point he was anarexoic and must have looked like a freakshow. OK, if you are 6'3" and 155lbs then I do agree you need to put on some weight!!!!!!! I was thinking more in terms of guys with a healthy BMI! If you look like a walking stick, then that will turn women off just as much as guys who use roids and are 5'2" and 395lbs of solid muscle or whatever.

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she a chest, legs or bum gal?

I thought that this extract, taken from The Definitive Guide to Body Language by Allan & Barbara Pease (very good read for the aspiring DJ), would be of interest to followers of this thread:

Women are attracted to a well defined male upper body, but most dislike the 'muscle man' body-builder look; a woman feels he is likely to be more interested in his own beauty than in hers.

Just puttin' it out there...:)

General

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook said:
Smart, fun, and interesting. So why is it that all the beautiful women always seem out of your grasp?

Why!? You may even be athletic. You can do karate, can run super fast around the track, along with other things. So why does it seem you can get the average to cute girls but the very attractive women seem out of your reach?

What is holding you back is that you are skinny.

“But I like being skinny,” you say. “Look at all those fat people!” Indeed. “Those guys who go to the gym and all are just idiots.”

There was an article in the Atlantic Constitution that said how average women marry skinny guys over big guys. It also said… why am I parroting? Let the article speak for itself:

It is self-evident that beautiful women end up with the masculine men, in other words, NOT skinny guys like you.

I know… I can hear what the objections you’re saying… because I used to make them. It seemed so ‘jock like’ and is ‘below you’.

I have gained over 50+ pounds of muscle mass. There is a saying that when skinny guys get big, when they look in the mirror, they still see the skinny guy. This is true, as my ‘skinny mind’ hasn’t yet caught up with my body.

Let me tell you of the change of reactions I got from the women:

For your reading pleasure,

Fat Girl = Means a big girl that requires an elephant gun.

Ugly Girl = In the same category as Fat Girl. These girls may not be fat, but it hurts to look at them.

Average Girl = They don’t hurt your eyes, but they aren’t amazing enough to attract your eyes. Average girls are the plain Janes.

Cute Girls = Often, they are innocent average girls whose innocence makes them cute. They are a bit picky about who they end up with as they are inexperienced.

Very Attractive = Great curves, long luscious hair, nice everything. These women know they are very attractive and sometimes narcissistically wear outfits to reflect it.

Very Beautiful = Bombshell. Every guy will notice this girl and stare and gawk. You know one of these women are around by seeing the satellites of boys trying to be ‘friends’ with them. Guys fear these magnificent creatures.

I started out around 155 pounds at 6’3 height. This meant that I was very skinny. I was also considered a nice looking guy. Women loved me being tall.

At this point, I had to deal with a lot of fat chicks hitting on me. These girls were BIG and I wanted nothing to do with them. Ugly girls also would come to me. This was me not doing anything. This was what my body was attracting all alone. If I wanted to get a cuter girl, I had to work for it.

I have problems talking to women, not because I am scared or boring, but because I sense the women think I am ‘below’ them. And the truth is that they do.

I date average women.

Already, things have changed. The fat/ugly women still go for me but they don’t think I’m as easy. They want to enter oneitis with me. The ‘unworthy’ girls category would now all be staring at me. To the beautiful women, I’m just a typical guy. Cute girls now enjoy talking to me.

I still date average women and now some cute women

“You are looking very good,” my older female manager told me. The fat/ugly women no longer hit on me (thank goodness!) and people (out of the blue) are asking why I don’t have a girlfriend. Average girls are beginning to stare.

I date only cute women with some very attractive ones mixed in.

Average girls are now hitting on me. Very attractive women are checking me out. At this stage, every woman is happy to talk to me. They all secretly wonder if I’m gay.

I date more very attractive women but still have the cute ones.

OK, when you don’t have a girlfriend at this stage, the ladies will whisper, “Is he gay?” all the time. One girl got bold about it and asked me point blankly, “Pook, you are cute and all. So why don’t you have a girlfriend?” I was stunned by her bluntness (rare among women).

Average women consider me out of their league. Cute ones try to become my ‘friend’.
I date only very attractive women. Beautiful women are still a bit of an anomalie.

When you get to this stage, something very strange happens. All the attention and staring women gave you is gone (mostly). Ugly/Fat women will despise you as will the average women. Most girls will be scared of you (cute girls, very attractive girls)

Let me give you some examples. One Very Beautiful girl was in several of my classes. I start talking to her and she has plenty of time to leave. But she doesn’t… she stays to keep talking to me. The girls now notice me, but are a bit scared to talk and act around me.

One cute girl is like a leech to me in one of my classes. She must sit right next to me, must ‘borrow my notes’, must talk to me 20 minutes after class everyday…

One Very Beautiful woman was a fitness instructor at my gym (think ‘well muscled’ with nice strong legs (those strong thighs come in handy with her dealings with the Pook-man!)). Every time I saw this girl, she always had a ‘satellite’ boy around her. Who does she end up with? Me.

Or the ultimate example: there was a girl I was in oneitis that drove me to this webpage. As I got bigger, her reactions to me changed as well. At 155, I was ‘average’. At 175, she knew something was up. I got her at 195.

Now I date some Very Attractive women but most are Very Beautiful Women.

I know many of you guys are saying the same thing, “I get beautiful women too and I am skinny!” But the thing is, all these examples here is based on attraction on the body alone. I am NOT working to get these women. My body is doing 99% of the attracting. I can just be a statue and get a response. (But of course, you have to take action. This is based on doing zilch.)

Rather than work hard to get one woman, why not work hard on yourself and get all the women? I don’t work hard to get women, I work hard on my dreams which gets the women automatically.

Like the article says on top, only the extremely beautiful women will risk being with a hunk like you. If you want a girl with a great body, you ought to work on your own body.

Coming from a skinny guy, being big is a totally different world. The worst thing is finding out how people really viewed the old you. People now openly insult my past skinny self and it hurts. It hurts because I never knew they had thought that way of me. Clothes no longer hang on my body properly, but I look terrific naked (I am saying this for the mental imagery of our lovely lady readers).

Big guys are allowed to get away with more things. I allowed to be cruder, to be bolder, to take advantage of women more (I’m serious!), and so on. You can also be stupid as well. My biggest problem is women only wanting me for sex (no, this is not a joke. Yes, it is a problem). You try to find a girl that fits your life and all she is interested in is your body! It is like getting rich and putting up with gold diggers.

So how do you go from being skinny guy to brawny guy? There is a lot of information on the Internet. Diesel’s Guide to Bulking Up threads in the Health Forum is a start. For myself, I used Anthony Ellis’s program. 30lbs in 3 months, no joke. Though, for most people beginning, it will be like 30lbs in 4-5 months. The big problem with fitness is that there are so many different opinions. Many of them are wrong and will waste your time (including trainers). What I loved about Ellis’s program was that it cut all the hype and came up with very in-depth information. It works.

However, the risk with body building is that it can turn into a highly narcissist womb. I often think the mirrors in the gyms are not so much to perfect the form, but to perfect the ego. The risk is that you will try to become perfect and we all know that perfect is boring.

Now for a note to the skinny guys who are successful with women. They will, no doubt, post replies to challenge the relevancy of this post. Know that the central… thrust… of the post is not a bettering of image. It is an increase of testosterone. If you are naturally skinny, and are at a higher muscle mass, your body will continually be at a high state of testosterone building and rebuilding muscle mass just to stay the same. High rates of testosterone affects not only your actions, I believe women can sniff it out. So take a guy, stuffed with testosterone, and push him into a room full of lovely young ladies. He doesn’t speak a word. He won’t have to. The women will go to him automatically.

Such is the power of testosterone. Such is the power of sexuality.

You were 6 3 155.How does a person get that skinny? were you born like that or something man damn.I have never ever ever been that skinny I am 6 3 270.I was a skinny kid but I was never like that.Man you probably used to look like a starving Somalian.Just a question you seem to be a white male how come white females don't prefer skinny guys.I know white guys prefer skinny women.
Women definitely prefer muscle men but skinny guys definitely get girls too.Skinny and muscle guys rule the roost for girls.You will find very overweight and fat guys have to take what's left back unless they have other things going for them.

omen don't prefer skinny guys since white guys tend to prefer skinny girls.have never ever been that skinny.No wonder girls didn't go for you you were super super skinny.

General

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ripper said:
I thought that this extract, taken from The Definitive Guide to Body Language by Allan & Barbara Pease (very good read for the aspiring DJ), would be of interest to followers of this thread:

Women are attracted to a well defined male upper body, but most dislike the 'muscle man' body-builder look; a woman feels he is likely to be more interested in his own beauty than in hers.

Just puttin' it out there...:)

Yes women like muscle but not unnatural looking muscle kinda like guys.Guys would go for a toned girl but they don't want a girl with no neck and a 6 pack and everything.This is just one of the many cases of women think just like men but more in a subtle slightly different way.

General

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
No, just the ideal height/weight ratio for attracting women. This is due to the golden ratio, or "Phi". The ratio is the Universe's standard of beauty, and appears throughout nature. The male physique is no exception.

This only describes a select few high fashion models nowadays, as ultra-thin women are beginning to be banned. Look at Victoria Secret models for the female ideal.

That's probably true.I have never really seen a guy with any kinda size as a model no Michael Clarke Duncan type not a guy with any real kinda belly nothing like that.It's always a normal weight or skinny guy that's a model.It's weird with that though.Even in the fashion industry there is Emme and Tocarra but there is no Michael Clarke Duncan or so what a thing.