We have a traitor in our midst . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was actually going to post about a possible drinking problem I might have, but if anyone feels better, this thread actually inspired my gut to throw up for the last 20 minutes. I don't feel much better, however. especially since i threw up my advil.

oh.

and i have an alibi. I was actually on the phone with a sosuaver last night. I don't remember everything I said to him however. :(

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Granted. But anyone worth their internet / networking salt can work around that with anonymizers and such...used to do it at work all the time.

This iqqi person means nothing to me, but I detest herd groupthink and we have no real way of knowing that the iqqi on loveshack is indeed the lush that hangs out here all the time. Unless of course he/she/it admits that here under the present iqqi screenname we all love and adore haha.

Reaction score
iqqi said:
I was actually going to post about a possible drinking problem I might have, but if anyone feels better, this thread actually inspired my gut to throw up for the last 20 minutes. I don't feel much better, however. especially since i threw up my advil.

oh.

and i have an alibi. I was actually on the phone with a sosuaver last night. I don't remember everything I said to him however. :(

OH DAMN! She's going for the sympathy card!

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
They can tell with the IP address.
Righhtt!

Lets get the mods from SS and LS to start tracking iqqi/Iqqi 's IP address. I'm sure LS would love a chance to engage with SS.

iqqi you've made allot of enemies here...why do you still stay?

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
<deleted on edit>

Reaction score
iqqi said:
Well who were you talking to and where are they? I come in peace.

hithard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares what gender iqqi is or if LS iqqi is the same as here. It could be a monkey banging on the keyboard for all I give a damn.Cyber drama is just not worth the angst. I don't want to see this forum consumed by this, or this thread spreading out to 20 pages of hating.

It’s a waste of time getting angry over this. And with the little proof there is I think this is getting overcooked

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Right.

And me and Davenjuan are one and the same, too.
thanks for reminding me of that debacle.

even some of the mods arent always correct in there assumptions. In this case i have to give iq the benefit of the doubt.

i apologize for my quick assumption as well.:flowers:

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the troll has a nice big fat belly today because all of you didn't read the signs. :kick: just like in real life, you Allow, encourage, enable, and facilitate women to disrupt your lives.

Reaction score
The troll is also smart.. it knows I like to drink so it hit me with that "I have a drinking problem" post... HMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
And I think Francisco is David D.
Hey wait, the last time I heard I was supposed to be one of Mystery's minion. I need a scorecard.

Anyway, what's the "official" outcome from this experiment? Was there anything that was learned that could be posted for someone who wasn't a part of the fray?

HOMBRE

Banned
Reaction score
Tolerant?

I thought you guys were so tolerant here. Since the Loveshack thread was closed as I was responding, I'll have to respond here.

I'll correct you Hombre, there are very few members here who believe in beating their chests about what a MAN they are. But neither should men be ashamed of their gender, as current social mores have it. As a woman you probably can't relate to that.

Do we measure our masculinity by how many women we've slept with? It's not the benchmark, but it's a desirable aim for most men to have sexual choice, and aren't you
buying into the same value system by suggesting our opinions are worthless if we haven't had any 'real' relationships with women?

Could I negate a woman's POV if she had been unable to find a decent man, or been abused by the opposite sex?

my main accomplishment was to have a laugh, and I succeeded. Sounds like you enjoyed it too. So it's a win-win.
[/QUOTE]

No one said men should be ashamed of their gender...social mores? I haven't seen any social mores that say this. And sorry, but I AM seeing a lot of chest beating. And please don't assume I'm a woman. You don't know that.

I'm not "buying" into any value system. I stand by the assertion that if you haven't had a "real" relationship by the time you're 30, there's something very broken and damaged inside of yourself. I will always stand by that. I've seen it time and time again..in women AND men. There are exceptions (bad luck, etc.) but for the most part it holds true.

A woman who has been abused or hasn't found the right man yet also has to take personal responsibility. No difference in my eyes.

Oh yeah. I thoroughly enjoyed the laughs...still am in fact.:crackup:

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not "buying" into any value system. I stand by the assertion that if you haven't had a "real" relationship by the time you're 30, there's something very broken and damaged inside of yourself. I will always stand by that. I've seen it time and time again..in women AND men. There are exceptions (bad luck, etc.) but for the most part it holds true.
I might have to disagree (although, I am open to change my mind as I was already married at a young age and cannot relate to the "I rather don't have a relationship in my 20s" part). Here is why, men and women are different from a biological perspective.

A woman prime for child birth is in her 20s. If you add maturity factor and education... we can assume her best years are upper 20s.

A man is different as the equivalent to that woman is a man in his mid 30s.

Many men rather focus on their education and career in their 20s...so they can gather the fruits of their hard work. After all...they can still bring HEALTHY children and be part of those children active lives...when they (men) are in their 30s and 40s and even 50s.

So...I can actually see a man without a meaningful relationship in his 20s.

You see? Women are judged for their beauty...while men are judged for their ability to provide.

That's life.

Once again...I am open minded and willing to listen why a MAN that has not had a meaningful relationship (e.g. even if he managed to have LOT of sex in his 20s) should be considered "very broken and damaged".

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Hombre, it's my guess you've named yourself after the macho men's perfume/cowboy dude that was Joey's nemesis in an episode of Friends. Which, if I'm right, probably makes you a chick...except seeing as I got the reference, I must be a chick too... hmmm.

For the record, I have been spectacularly successful with women in my life, including lots of great LTRs including the one I'm in now. Partly I have come to realise, this was down to rejecting the pressure from women and the post-feminist PC society I grew up in to be ashamed of my sexuality, to go about 'dating' in the prescribed 'flowers & dinner' way, and generally be a bit of a ****y bastard instead. I've seen other men do it by the book and get heartache and no reward, and they feel cheated.

As for the society and the media representation of men over the last few decades, I direct you to this thread of mine.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123269

HOMBRE

Banned
Reaction score
I have no clue what you're talking about with "getting" my reference. Never saw an episode of Friends in my life. Don't know what cologne you're referring to.

You're a "chick?" Ok. Don't assume to know which sex I am though.

I'm not in the mood to read your link now. I can only take this stuff in small doses but I will say this. Society and the media don't dictate how REAL men act. The real men I know are completely their own men. They're not concerned with how the media portrays them.

Oh and...they don't watch Friends either.;)

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They do if their girlfriend wants to.

Ok, stay androgynous if that's what floats your boat. But if you don't want to read my responses, don't ask questions.

But in short, no Real Men don't take their cues from the media, they just are. But were 'real women' wrong to be annoyed by how they were portrayed by the media in the past? And don't children need some guidance in their gender roles from society?

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HOMBRE said:
The real men I know are completely their own men. They're not concerned with how the media portrays them.

Oh and...they don't watch Friends either.;)
Hmmmm....you ARE a woman.

Unless you are not a "real man". You see? If you were a real man...you would be saying something like

"Real men are completely their own men. We are not concerned with how media protrays us.

Oh and...we don't watch Friends either. ;)"

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way...Hombre...this is the mature Forum. You don't have to put your sex here...but you certainly have to write your age.

HOMBRE

Banned
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
They do if their girlfriend wants to.

Ok, stay androgynous if that's what floats your boat. But if you don't want to read my responses, don't ask questions.

I'll ask all the questions I want to. You don't have to answer. Any questions I ask aren't solely directed at you anyway.

But in short, no Real Men don't take their cues from the media, they just are. But were 'real women' wrong to be annoyed by how they were portrayed by the media in the past? And don't children need some guidance in their gender roles from society?
So we agree here. Yes, Real Women are/were wrong to be annoyed about how they're portrayed in the media. If they were Real Women they wouldn't give a rat's ass. They'd just be secure in who they are.

And no. Children only need guidance from their parents as far as gender roles. Parents have control over what they see/watch. So there we disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.