We are prize but We have to go approach a girl paradox

nelysses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The progression to become a medical doctor (MD) in the U.S. typically follows these steps:

### 1. Undergraduate Education
- **Duration**: 4 years
- **Requirements**: A bachelor's degree, typically with a focus on pre-medical courses such as biology, chemistry, physics, and math.

### 2. Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- **Purpose**: Standardized test required for admission to medical schools.
- **Content**: Assesses problem-solving, critical thinking, and knowledge of natural, behavioral, and social science concepts.

### 3. Medical School
- **Duration**: 4 years
- **Years 1-2**: Preclinical years focusing on classroom and laboratory instruction in the basic medical sciences.
- **Years 3-4**: Clinical years involving rotations in various medical specialties such as internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, and obstetrics/gynecology.

### 4. United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
- **Step 1**: Taken after the second year of medical school, covering basic medical sciences.
- **Step 2 (CK and CS)**: Clinical Knowledge (CK) and Clinical Skills (CS), taken during the fourth year of medical school.
- **Step 3**: Taken during residency, assessing the ability to practice medicine independently.

### 5. Residency Training
- **Duration**: 3-7 years, depending on the specialty.
- **Focus**: Hands-on training in a specific field of medicine under supervision.

### 6. Board Certification
- **Requirements**: Passing an examination in the chosen specialty after completing residency.
- **Purpose**: Certifies that a physician has met the professional standards of a specialty board.

### 7. Fellowship Training (Optional)
- **Duration**: 1-3 years, depending on the subspecialty.
- **Purpose**: Additional training in a subspecialty after completing residency.

### 8. Continuous Medical Education
- **Purpose**: Required to maintain licensure and stay current with medical advancements.

### Summary
- **Total Duration**: Typically 11-15 years post-secondary education and training (4 years undergraduate + 4 years medical school + 3-7 years residency).
- **Licensure**: Requires passing the USMLE exams and meeting state-specific requirements.
Some of my friends are preparing for USMLE. I don't know how difficult it is, but the Language part would be the most challenging part for me.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one thing for sure is, women can get away with learned helplessness, but men can't
More of us can mimick MRAs, by calling for a complete psychological overhaul of our species, the result of which will be that men get just as much latitude as the ladies do when it comes to producing crap like this

I can't help but wonder though: Might the world not be a much saner place if BOTH genders spend less time ruminating on all that we disapprove of, and more discussing our goals and desires?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Some of my friends are preparing for USMLE. I don't know how difficult it is, but the Language part would be the most challenging part for me.
Have you tried any of the online mock USMLE's? Can you make it through them? Terms in medicine are pretty universal. I think you could do it. I would suggest you do it as soon as possible as its mostly book learning while you have it fresh in your head. That is if you think you might ever want to practice in the US.

Is your school qualified by ECFMG?

A US medical license is accepted w/o question in:
  • Australia
  • Belize
  • Bermuda
  • Canada
  • Cayman Islands
  • China
  • New Zealand
  • Ireland
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Kuwait