Want to know the % of attractive young (18-30) women in the United States?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I know I mentioned my theory on looks and that people (men and women) usually fall into one of four catergories.

Ugly-5%
Average-45%
Attractive-45%
Very Attractive-5%

Since I was curious to see if I was right, I examined SEVEN high school graduating classes SENIOR COLOR PICS of WOMEN ONLY!

H.S yearbooks were a good tool for two reasons:

A.) MOST people (I.E ugly, avg, attractive) have to have taken and put in the yearbook INSTEAD of a bar/club or other social setting where ONLY attractive looking people hung out.

B.) MOST women will generally look the same (except for some slight facial aging) from their high school yearbook until the time they are in their early 30's (when looks start to decline)

THE WHO OF THE TEST:

I looked at 7 seperate graduating classes from the same high school in a predominantly white middle-upper middle class town from my hometown of Toms River.

A.) About a 1000 various pics of girls were looked at (none looked at 2X)

B.) 95% of these girls were causcasion (of all ethnicities) and the other 5% were Hispanic. (Very,very,very few Asians/Blacks in Toms River)

THE WHAT OF THE TEST:

A.) To OBJECTIVELY see what girls would be considered "ATLEAST CUTE" (a 6.5 for most mens scales) by the MAJORITY of most MEN. I tried to avoid preferences of hair color, texture, eye color, etc.) and looked at the FACE ONLY.

B.) Facial Attractiveness was based on FACIAL BALANCE AND SYMMETRY. (If you don't know what Facial Balance means, look it up)

C.) Girls were put into two groups:

G1: Attractive (Cute/Attractive or Very Attractive)
G2: Non-Attractive (Average or Ugly)

*Note: As long as a girl had atleast some cuteness or a decent amount of facial attractiveness, she was put into the attractive group.

*Note2: Women who did not qualify as ugly, but did not have enough facial balance to be in the Attractive group, were put in the non-attractive group
. Most women in this group were heavy (had round faces), unattractive noses, dentofacial deformities, gummy smiles, poor teeth, etc.)

THE VERDICT:

A.) Out of about 1000 women, the % of attractive white women for each graduating class ranged anywhere from a low of 38% to a high of 50% with a mean around 45%.

B.) Since I was judging off photographs and some girls might of had bad pics or angles, it is safe to assume the # of attractive women in these pics is more on average of 50%

THE CONCLUSION:

A.) I think this test HOLDS WATER since I seemed to get relatively the SAME results for each graduating class and I USED A LARGE NUMBER.

B.) MOST attractive women fall along the lines of cute/attractive with VERY FEW being EXTREMELY GORGEOUS ( ONLY 10 % of the Attractive group or so-same could be said for the ugly women (10%) in the non-attractive group.

C.) On average, for every ugly girl out there, there is one extremely good looking one. For every average girl out there, there is one cute/attractive one

THE GOOD NEWS:

A.) 50% is a rather decent amount and it is NOT 10% or something (If that were the case, men would be getting killed by each other for attractive ***** left and right) lol.

B.) You walk into a room full of 100 white women in their 20's, you are bound to find atleast 1/2 of them atleast somewhat cute or better.

C.) There are VERY FEW ugly women.

THE BAD NEWS:

A.) Although I think 50% is a good number, there is STILL NOT ENOUGH attractive women to go around for everyone, so that means competition.

B.) Face it, there are VERY FEW SMOKING HOT (5%) white women out there (United States) and the MAJORITY of the attractive women we see are usually only cute/attractive (think 7's-8's)

OTHER THOUGHTS:

A.) Of course, these are only averages for white America and your local area where you live could have more attractive looking girl than non-attractive girls and vice-versa.

B.) I chose white women since that is what my yearbooks are and since that is what the majority of people on this board are and who also reside in North America.

C.) Hispanic women IMHO, are generally better looking than caucasian women.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please God Stop With These Fvking Looks Obsessed Threads!!!! God Is Going To Strike You Blind If You Don't Cut It The Fvck Out! What Is Wrong With You????

:mad: :trouble: :trouble: :mad:

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, iqqi why so much hate? All he is saying is that about 50% of women are cute. The rest are average and only a small portion are ugly.

BTW I'm sure you are aware, that this board does not cater to the female demographic...

LivA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, that's impressive that you think women keep their somewhat good looks until their early 30s. Most guys think that looks start to fail at age 25, sometimes earlier considering the bad eating habits of the general population.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Wow, iqqi why so much hate? All he is saying is that about 50% of women are cute. The rest are average and only a small portion are ugly.
I have gotten way too much daylight, today. Need sleep.

But I AM really alarmed at the rate these stupid look threads are going up, and whoever said that Mahon was obsessed with looks was being nice. Really. I mean, they have even started locking threads, because there are too many. Besides, this thread is kind of dumb.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I have gotten way too much daylight, today. Need sleep.

But I AM really alarmed at the rate these stupid look threads are going up, and whoever said that Mahon was obsessed with looks was being nice. Really. I mean, they have even started locking threads, because there are too many. Besides, this thread is kind of dumb.

Dumb? I think it is genius you J.O. and it took me alot of time to complete it.

I think my results are quite accurate.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
LivA said:
Wow, that's impressive that you think women keep their somewhat good looks until their early 30s. Most guys think that looks start to fail at age 25, sometimes earlier considering the bad eating habits of the general population.
MOST women go downhill after aged 30

MOST men go downhill after aged 35

I don't necessarily mean downhill by "letting oneself go" but signs of facial aging and slower metabolism.

LivA

Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050 said:
MOST women go downhill after aged 30

MOST men go downhill after aged 35

I don't necessarily mean downhill by "letting oneself go" but signs of facial aging and slower metabolism.
Well, when you facial aging, you just mean like wrinkles, right? When I think of aging, considering most people gain weight, that their faces will become rounder/wider, and also, hair gets drier, if it's not taken care of or damage.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
LivA said:
Well, when you facial aging, you just mean like wrinkles, right? When I think of aging, considering most people gain weight, that their faces will become rounder/wider, and also, hair gets drier, if it's not taken care of or damage.
Some wrinkles, bags under the eyes, and the loss of the elasticity of the skin (which we have in our youth) and why 18-22 year olds are considered the best looking.

LivA

Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050 said:
Some wrinkles, bags under the eyes, and the loss of the elasticity of the skin (which we have in our youth) and why 18-22 year olds are considered the best looking.
Yeah, I can see that. Considering how the majority of women/girls are taking care of their bodies now, there seems to be a fine line between 20 and 30, as far as physical attractiveness.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
LivA said:
Yeah, I can see that. Considering how the majority of women/girls are taking care of their bodies now, there seems to be a fine line between 20 and 30, as far as physical attractiveness.
depends, I think MOST women (If they still exercise) still look good at aged 30 if they were attractive when they were 20 or so.

Dilberto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He also forgot that fatness will wipe-away attractivenes in EVERYBODY.

Take away the FAT and 75% of women suddenly become very do-able.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think a high school senior picture is a good estimate of looks, because these tend to be more like glamour shots. So based on that belief I think your estimate of attractive women is too high. People look better in those shots.

I've done my own rough estimates of what I personally find attractive and in various cities I've lived. If you factor in women of dating age (Ie don't count the ones too old or too young) I'd say I find on average 3 out of 10 women attractive enough or above threshold to have interest in . This makes sense since I tend to go for HB7 on up.

But if you then take out the women of said group who don't have kids, the number drops again.

LivA

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ricky said:
I don't think a high school senior picture is a good estimate of looks, because these tend to be more like glamour shots. So based on that belief I think your estimate of attractive women is too high. People look better in those shots.

I've done my own rough estimates of what I personally find attractive and in various cities I've lived. If you factor in women of dating age (Ie don't count the ones too old or too young) I'd say I find on average 3 out of 10 women attractive enough or above threshold to have interest in . This makes sense since I tend to go for HB7 on up.

But if you then take out the women of said group who don't have kids, the number drops again.
How much does take away from the quality on a 0-10 scale, 10 being highest?

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Ricky said:

I think people generally look better in person than in pics. That is why I added an extra 5% to the final 45% tally.

However, maybe my whole theory is only true for myself and not others. After all, you can be alot more picky than me and rule out alot of the girls I thought would qualify as attractive.

One thing I noticed that is true, the better-looking the guy (or the better looking he thinks he is) the stricter his scale and the pickier he is. The uglier the guy, the less pickier he seems to be. This one guy I worked with was on the ugly side and he practically thought anything with a slit between their legs was hot.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
mahon83050 said:
I think people generally look better in person than in pics. That is why I added an extra 5% to the final 45% tally.

However, maybe my whole theory is only true for myself and not others. After all, you can be alot more picky than me and rule out alot of the girls I thought would qualify as attractive.

One thing I noticed that is true, the better-looking the guy (or the better looking he thinks he is) the stricter his scale and the pickier he is. The uglier the guy, the less pickier he seems to be. This one guy I worked with was on the ugly side and he practically thought anything with a slit between their legs was hot.
I disagree, these girls make sure they look their best when about to take the pic and the photographer and girl always try to get the best pose, infact usually they are shown the image and if it's not liked it's retook. It's not like olden days strict style it's like glamour shots.

So your estimates of 50 % of girls being fairly good looking or better is an overestimate IMO. I agree with the poster above, it's more like 30 %. My sister and her mates all look good in their school photo for the above reasons. I'd say 1/3 tops rings true from what I see.

MM

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe you actually went through these yearbooks and did this bro...

Pics or it didn't happen.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Yet ANOTHER looks thread? Very nice, mahon. How are you not banned yet?

Remember this?:

A moderator posted that 3 days ago. 3 days. And yet here you are again. Like a child testing his mother, you persist with your looks threads.

You've already been warned, and yet you still flagrantly disregard the rules of this forum. You are truly sick, which means that you no longer have control of yourself. Something needs to be done, and I hope you can help yourself before somebody has to do it for you.

P.S. Where are your pics?

Oh I believe it. You don't know who you're dealing with. ;) Check this guy's thread history. He is totally preoccupied with looks, to the point (as I showed above) where he will risk banning in order to keep discussions involving looks alive. He's either incredibly ugly or incredibly good-looking, which is why many of us are demanding his picture. I think we're up to, what is it now, Mahon? 6 looks threads in the past 3 days? Is that what it is now?
AHAHAHAH I didn't even realize it was mahon...yeah he starts some pretty ridiculous threads for sure.

Mahon get some sunlight bro.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
I disagree, these girls make sure they look their best when about to take the pic and the photographer and girl always try to get the best pose, infact usually they are shown the image and if it's not liked it's retook. It's not like olden days strict style it's like glamour shots.

So your estimates of 50 % of girls being fairly good looking or better is an overestimate IMO. I agree with the poster above, it's more like 30 %. My sister and her mates all look good in their school photo for the above reasons. I'd say 1/3 tops rings true from what I see.

MM

I think 30% is too low, if anything it is atleast 4/10.

Why don't you guys take 10 minutes and go through your senior class and do an experiment. I bet you will get at around 45-50%, just like I did.

Glamour shots? Give me a break. It is not like these girls have professional makeup artists before they get their pic or anything.

And Dues, you French Faggot:

If you were paying attention, you would of seen I posted a pic on another thread.

You people are just envious I come up with some good theories, because I am usually right.

BTW, I don't ever remember reading any agreement terms before I joined this site that looks were banned.

And another thing...THIS IS NOT, "Do a looks matter thread". Some other a-hole just usually ends up hijacking my thread and turning it into a looks matter thread. I.E, My last thread was about how other guys rate themselves and the girls that check them out are usually in their looks range or so. I NEVER mentioned anything about looks mattering.

Status
Not open for further replies.