US soldier throws puppy from cliff

j-flex

Banned
Reaction score
Trinitron said:
Wow one dog.

Thousands die everyday from completely preventable diseases, or die from malnutrition when supermarkets and farmers in the EU (probably america aswel) throw away or destroy tons of food.
Animals are butchered in all sorts of inhumane and disgusting ways all over the world and including the western industrialised nations.

I guess you bleeding heart liberals just don't like people with power. It is hilarious.
i totally agree

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there anyone here who is (a.) against the war in Iraq and also (b.) thinks throwing puppies off cliffs is ok?

Because there seems to be a curious correlation between those who are defending the war and marines at any cost, and those who are saying 'big deal, a puppy, get over it.'

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm apathetic WRT the war in Iraq, and I think throwing puppies off cliffs is a bad thing. I also feel that the fact this is a video gives it an inappropriately large emotional reaction.

For instance in Central Oregon culling of feral dogs is a fact of life. It has to be done. Feral cats are less serious as a menace but are commonly culled as well. Humane societies slaughter so called companion animals by the thousands.

In other news, an average of 45 or so PEOPLE are killed every DAY by intoxicated drivers. Who have we written to about that problem this week?

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rumpelstiltskin said:
And for Aboleo to question Blacks as humans is an abomination, and he is worthy of abolishment!!!

Actually, I was defending blacks... and all other human beings as well, why attack me? I am not a racist, and I do not like being called one. I already tore Quicksilver a new a$$hole over that one (hasn't replied since, has he?).

Where are you getting this information that I am racist?!:cuss:

Aboleo in response to Quicksilver: said:
This coming from a guy who called all humans (Africans included) a virus...

Oh, and "Quicksilver"... if you ever call me a racist again we are going to have trouble... do you understand me?! :trouble:
If anyone here is a racist, it is Quicksilver for hating the human race! :p

Quiksilver said:
And yes, [a human killing a puppy] does bother me more than a human murdering a human, because as a race we keep showing time and time again that we have more in common with a plague than we do with nature.
Todays word is hypocrisy, children. Learn its meaning well, lest you make this stupid mistake for yourselves.

Although, I can forgive him for that little slip in reason... he is just a teenager, after all. I wish he would apologise for his foolish comment, however.

Last edited:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
j-flex said:
nope, but i shoot birds with my rifle
Sport hunting or just pinging wrens in your back yard during halftime?

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Sport hunting or just pinging wrens in your back yard during halftime?
Why does it matter? I don't like the concept of sport hunting or fishing for trophies or pleasure but I wouldn't KILL someone over it as some are advocating for this guy. I have an acquaintance who goes to Christmas Valley Oregon periodically (as many people do) to do the local farmers a service and eliminate sage rats with small caliber rifles.

As much as I enjoy shooting I cannot do that. I think a little less of him for it simply because he seems to enjoy it but it does need done and someone needs to do it, so I wouldn't say he deserves to die over it.

On the other hand this soldier seems to be a bit imbalanced and might need examination and help.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here or in the land of sanity really thinks the soldier should face execution.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Why does it matter? I don't like the concept of sport hunting or fishing for trophies or pleasure but I wouldn't KILL someone over it as some are advocating for this guy. I have an acquaintance who goes to Christmas Valley Oregon periodically (as many people do) to do the local farmers a service and eliminate sage rats with small caliber rifles.

As much as I enjoy shooting I cannot do that. I think a little less of him for it simply because he seems to enjoy it but it does need done and someone needs to do it, so I wouldn't say he deserves to die over it.

On the other hand this soldier seems to be a bit imbalanced and might need examination and help.
There is a noticable difference. One is a sport. It's amazing that there are people who could equate or compare flinging puppies off cliffs as a sport or a means of survival.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a noticable difference. One is a sport. It's amazing that there are people who could equate or compare flinging puppies off cliffs as a sport or a means of survival.
It's amazing that people care so much about motive over outcome. The little dog is dead whether it was culled, killed for meat, made shoes of or whatever. It was not tortured, for whatever that is worth. The motive and means only matter insofar as they reflect on the mental health of a young man who is trained to use and paid to carry weapons.

He needs his head examined.

A swift kick to the nuts wouldn't be all bad either.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
It's amazing that people care so much about motive over outcome. ...
We should care about his motives because if he's lucky he is going to come home alive. He's going to be integrated with the rest of society. He's not some cubicle dweller who hates his boss and asserts control over his life by not allowing other cars to merge onto the highway on his way home. He's a trained killer who deals with the pressures of war by being cruel to animals, not for sport but because it was just something to do. Yeah, I want this guy on the street with me.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
.... The motive and means only matter insofar as they reflect on the mental health of a young man who is trained to use and paid to carry weapons.

He needs his head examined.

A swift kick to the nuts wouldn't be all bad either.

We should care about his motives because if he's lucky he is going to come home alive. He's going to be integrated with the rest of society.
How does that make it OK to put him in a warzone and deprive him of weapons and support? As I said, he needs his head examined (in other words, he needs to be dealt with appropriately) but in the end it was just a puppy and a death sentence is way too harsh for killing animals.

... let him keep the uniform but not the weapons. Let the "powerful" military guy show his own personal strength on his own. ....

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
How does that make it OK to put him in a warzone and deprive him of weapons and support? ...
Someone :whistle: said that the detractors had something against people in power. I said if he wanted to show just how powerful he was he would be able to do it without weapons instead of taking it out on something defenseless. Now if you believed that exageration that's on you. I also notice that you omitted when I said that I supported the troops. How come?

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
.... Now if you believed that exageration that's on you. I also notice that you omitted when I said that I supported the troops. How come?
You seemed to make it clear he wasn't among the men you supported therefore I felt that part of the quote was irrelevant to him. I often elide irrelevant portions of quotes in search of brevity.

In any case it seems that your emotions carried you to flights of literary fancy but that in the end we pretty much agree.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
You seemed to make it clear he wasn't among the men you supported therefore I felt that part of the quote was irrelevant to him. I often elide irrelevant portions of quotes in search of brevity.

In any case it seems that your emotions carried you to flights of literary fancy but that in the end we pretty much agree.
I said that I support the soldiers who act like men. To me his actions were childish and immature. Perhaps I'm expecting to much of the people who represent our country. Maybe we should lower our expectations of what is expected of our soldiers (both men and women). Why should it make sense to expect a person who is armed, trained and in a position of authority to be in control of his actions? This is probably the only reason why I can understand the creation of the Second Amendment. If our nation would consider allowing such actions abroad, why shouldn't we be concerned about what could be done without prejudice here at home?

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said that I support the soldiers who act like men. To me his actions were childish and immature. Perhaps I'm expecting to much of the people who represent our country. Maybe we should lower our expectations of what is expected of our soldiers (both men and women). Why should it make sense to expect a person who is armed, trained and in a position of authority to be in control of his actions? This is probably the only reason why I can understand the creation of the Second Amendment. If our nation would consider allowing such actions abroad, why shouldn't we be concerned about what could be done without prejudice here at home?
This entire post seems tangential to the question at hand.

The man is clearly in need of professional help, I don't think that's a point in serious debate. Any citizen who committed an act like this would be likewise in need of a head shrinker.

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvPCilDBK_s A tender moment involving a "nice" pitbull from a good home and two cute little kittens, she is actually treating them as if they were her own puppies... until she tore one of them to shreads, anyway (read the text to the right hand side of the screen).

KarmaSutra said:
Now you're back peddaling. I should have been more on point. I loathe people who don't have the lack of character to care whether a life is worth more than thiers.
I'm sorry Karma, I'm not sure if I completely understand what you are trying to say here, and I don't want to get the wrong idea... would you please clarify and elaborate on this thought so that a simple country boy like me could better understand it?

KarmaSutra said:
Killing just to do it is absurd and shows that the individual has some severe psychosis.
I agree... killing someone over looking at you, or someone around you and then actually slicing their throat and enjoying the process is absurd and shows that the individual has some pretty severe psychosis. ;)

KarmaSutra said:
I do not need therapy. It seems your passivity is the point of view in question. Perhaps you may want to consider talking to someone?
You didn't bother to read my reply to the story that Fingz directed towards me, did you? I am not passive, I'm just not a psychopath like you apparently are. Again, seek help... for real.

j-flex

Banned
Reaction score
I think people are hypocrites, theres people who think killing a puppy is horrible and outrageous, yet this is the same people who are in favor of killing unborn childs.