Tihash's Daytime Approach Journal

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #139

This is at Books a Million Thursday evening on my way home from the office. See a somewhat exotic looking chick there. I open her as she looks through the bargain books on whether she found anything cool. Not really, she says. Re-open her a minute later on some book recommendations. Get a decent convo going for about 10 minutes. She easily gave up the digits. We shall see...

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #140

This is at B&N. See what might be a HB in self-help. Open her and she is too old. But her bf comes over right away anyhow. The beauty of simply asking for advice is that it is never awkward if a bf walks up because you're just so normal dude asking a friendly question. Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #141

This is at B&N Sunday.

I see a cute blonde in the "Cultural Studies" section. I enter her aisle, procrastinate about 60 seconds, then it seems like she might leave. That spurs me into action.

"What are you looking for?"

blah blah blah

She is cute, but young. I'd guess about 20, maybe 21. She is all smiles and what not. About a 20 minute convo, I close and she readily gives up the digits.

We talked on the phone today. I suggested coffee because I really don't think she is 21 yet. We have plans for Wed., so I will keep my fingers crossed she doesn't flake.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #142

This is at Borders Sunday.

There were, I think, a few HBs in the place. Just as I walk in, in the business section, I see a hot blonde.

But there was this dude about 15 feet away. I thought he may be the bf, or he may be one of those dudes too scared to approach her and say something but who gets close to the girl hoping she will say something to him. BTW, life doesn't work that way.

So, I am laying back for about 60 seconds trying to assess the situation. During this time she sits down on a bench in the area. Then I hear a....

"Woof!"

I heard what sounded like a bark from a small dog. The blonde looks over at stalker-guy, smiles a half smile, and promptly walks off to the other side of the store. I can now see she has one of those little dog carrier bags. She took off because she was embarrassed that the dog barked!

I don't know why, but it takes me about 4 minutes to approach after this.

I walk up close, and in almost a whisper, I say: "What kind of doggie do you have in there?"

It is a cute little Chihuahua. We talk for a good 30+ minutes. She seems slightly nervous and is all smiles and laughs at all my jokes. She gives up the digits without hesitation.

She made me late for Sunday dinner with my parents. Thus, I couldn't approach any other HBs in the venue that night.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for this one... she has a respectable job and seems to have her life in order. Plus, of course, she looks great.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Updated Stats

#133 got over her flakiness. Our first "date" was her coming over at 10:30 tonight to watch a movie. LMR out the yin yang, but just when I gave up, and to my delight, she gave me head and swallowed!

So....

Stats since i started the re-numbering in 9/2009:

Cold Approaches: 142
Phone Numbers: 48
Email Addresses: 3
Dates: 13 (only count once even if multiple dates same girl)
BJs: 2 (do not count if got BJ and lay, only count as lay)
Lays: 7 (only count once, even if she is a repeat customer)

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Composite Approach #143

This is today at Target.

See a hot girl whose shorts are so short her butt cheeks are almost hanging out. I approach in the DVD section and get her talking for a minute about recommendations for my female friend, but convo goes nowhere. Can't get her out of the opener. She does a walk-off after a minute or two.

Another hot girl in cosmetics. This girl is like a 9. I open her on housewarming gift. Try to transition out of the opener but no go. Afterwards I though maybe I just should have gone direct. For direct to be comfortable with me, the girl must be a knockout. This girl was.

Finally, this one was at Borders. Open an ok-ish girl in the cookbooks section. A dude was sitting on a bench 2 feet away. Proud I opened with him within earshot. I tried everything to keep her talking but no dice.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #144

This is at Homegoods today, following the trio of nothing set forth in #143, above.

I see an albeit very young but very pretty girl. She is looking at a pillow with sequins.

"That looks cool."
"Yeah."

then

"Hey, let me ask you a question..."

A nice 10-min convo ensues. After #143, I thought I was losing it! It was so nice to have a hooked convo and get lots of smiles from the chick.

Unfortunately, I close and she pulls an "I don't give my number out"

WTF

Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Updated Stats

#142 flaked by canceling last night's first date via text like 3 hours ahead of time. Sucks!

Did bang #133 today. That decreases the BJ only numbers by one and increases the lay numbers by one.

So....

Stats since i started the re-numbering in 9/2009:

Cold Approaches: 144
Phone Numbers: 48
Email Addresses: 3
Dates: 13 (only count once even if multiple dates same girl)
BJs: 1 (do not count if got BJ and lay, only count as lay)
Lays: 8 (only count once, even if she is a repeat customer)

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #145

This is last Saturday at B&N.

See an okish but cute girl about 31 or 32. I ask what she is looking at.

An odd "conversation" ensues over about 6 minutes. It is mainly me trying to maintain a convo with her. Oddly, she doesn't walk off. But she also doesn't give me much to go on.

Frustrated, I walk away. This girl was socially inept. NEXT!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #146

Same day, same B&N.

See a nicely dressed but older (35) woman. I get near her in the bargain books but she scoots away.

Half an hour later I approach her in humor section. "Did you find something funny?"

blah blah

She is originally from Poland. Is a FT student. Blah blah

She is uninspiring, but I get her number for the heck of it.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #147

Same B&N, same day.

See a cute 30ish girl. I approach her as she is looking at an art book.

She looks good (better than #146) and can carry on a convo (unlike #145) but after 3 minutes she tells me she is waiting for a friend who is just about to arrive.

I eject, and sure enough a female friend and her go into the coffee shop area.

Maybe she is taken, maybe not, but I got the distinct impression she didn't want to be seen talking to a "stranger" when the friend rolled up. her loss. Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #148

This is at Target on Saturday.

I see a cute girl in HABA. I ask about an opinion for my friend's housewarming, where I was assigned to get something for the bathroom.

She sincerely and politely answers my question, and I find nothing to comment on... I don't see anything interesting that she is wearing, and don't see anything cool in her cart. Like a fool, I let her pull the, "Nice talking to you" and walk away.

:cry:

I include this approach only because I must NOT let things like this occur!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Downside of Opinion Openers

See #148. This happens all too often.

I think the key is to transition BEFORE she gets done giving the opinion.

So, it would go like this in the shampoo aisle:

Me: "Hey, can I ask you a question? My friend just bought a condo, and the rest of us are throwing her a housewarming party. We are all getting a gift for a different room of the condo. I got assigned the job of getting a gift for the bathroom. I was thinking about getting a basket and putting some girl things in it... what do you recommend?"

Her: some sincere answer to the question

Me: (before the sincere answer ends) "Hey, I can't help it... I have to tell you you're really cute. What's your name?"

or

"I've got to say, those shoes are awesome! What are you up to today... just hanging out at Target?" (this is basically ignoring her "advice")

I REALLY need to do the above. I keep letting possibilities slip away...

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^

I don't think so. Consider it "soft" direct daygame. I'll try it out this weekend if I can and post the results.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #149

This is also Saturday at the same Target.

See a girl looking at books in the multimedia area. She is cute and in short shorts and about 25. I say, "Is that a cookbook?" blah blah

She mentions a bf and she is killing time there, so I walk away.

I know there are "bf destroyers," etc. I think it is hard enough gaming single chicks so I choose not to spend time on taken ones.

Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #150

This is Saturday night at a TGI Friday's. I am there with a friend. A cute-looking woman, looks early 30s, comes in and sits by herself at the bar. We are at a table in another part of the restaurant.

The target keeps looking around, as if she is waiting for someone.

5 minutes later, after we order, I leave to go wash my hands as is my custom.

On the way back, I go up to the girl at the bar.

BTW, up close, I now see that although the body is rockin', the face has had some hard times. lol

"Hey, I saw you here by yourself and had to see why you're alone"
"Oh, I'm waiting for someone."
"Good. I was just checking. You look like someone who shouldn't have to be sitting alone."

I walk away.

Curiously, she keeps looking about for the next HOUR and no one shows up. A waiter stops by 3 times to hit on her.

Weird. She is still alone by the time we finish dinner and leave.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #151

This is last week at a Super WM.

See an okish girl in the juice aisle. I open her on a recommendation for juice. Sounds lame, but you have to work with what you are given, right?

Transition out of the opener but you could see her physically get unconfortable with the covo. She didn't like talking to a "stranger" and started moving away physically. Oh, well. Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #152

Same day, same SUper WM.

See a cute girl in scrubs. Can't make myself open her in frozen foods, so i catch up when she lands at the deli. I take a number and stand next to her. I open her on what's in her cart. She mentions a bf at some point so i walk off. Next!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #153

This is at Borders. I see a cute girl sitting outside on the phone. She is on that thing forever. Eventually she comes inside and I open her in the greeting cards.

Pretty easy transition to personal stuff. I get the number, and then she says she has to go. As an update, I called 2 days later and got no return call. Flakes! Grrr...