The power of good looks in the game

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
The slob can't get another equally attractive woman, so you don't want to be him.

Dman101

Don Juan
Reaction score
I will say this, despite being 6 4 and good looking I've been unable to get women to stik Normally i get a woman to do the work like having her come over to my house, i dont take them on dates we just chill, watch movies in my remote control adjustable bed, and have sex. I know that to keep a woman you need to be spontaneous, exciting, and need to be amazing in bed and I've lost women mainly because I'm not a passionate lover and don't take them to fun places.. Any advice on how to get better in bed..

Also I'm realizimg I'm attracted to a certain type either shorter pretty petite girls, thicker girls w a big ass and titties but small shoulders and stomach or if theyrr tall gotta be cute but skiny preferabwly w a nice ass..

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Dman101 said:
I will say this, despite being 6 4 and good looking I've been unable to get women to stik Normally i get a woman to do the work like having her come over to my house, i dont take them on dates we just chill, watch movies in my remote control adjustable bed, and have sex. I know that to keep a woman you need to be spontaneous, exciting, and need to be amazing in bed and I've lost women mainly because I'm not a passionate lover and don't take them to fun places.. Any advice on how to get better in bed..

Also I'm realizimg I'm attracted to a certain type either shorter pretty petite girls, thicker girls w a big ass and titties but small shoulders and stomach or if theyrr tall gotta be cute but skiny preferabwly w a nice ass..
you have got it easy, put a bit of work in, also ask yourself why you want a woman to stick around

Dman101

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its a scarcity mindset.. I live in the suburbs an hr from new York city so wen I get a woman who is my type who likes me a lot I want to keep them since it takes a long time to get another one. I really want to move to the west coast like Cali or Vegas or even down south to a city like Houston or Atlanta because I just don't see girls I'm feeling that much in day to day life but on vacation I see and get a lot of women I like.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
I haven't met everyone on this forum in person but I'm thinking it's full of all kinds of guys.. guys who are 5's and 6's as well as really good looking guys and the fit types who still have problems with women.
According to one of the more recent looks polls, about 40% of the guys here said they were 8s. I sure don't see 40% of the guys in the general population being 8s, nowhere near. It seems a little odd that so many guys that are that good looking would be coming here because they can't get laid.

As for women not approaching, there are several posters here who claim that they get approached a lot because of thier looks. I recall several recent stories. There was one where the girl came up and asked the guy for a cigarette, then said she didn't smoke, she just wanted to meet him. Backbreaker recently was talking about being approached in grocery stores. In fact he said basically that if you're not being approached like that at least once a month, then you aren't really hot.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
When women like you they compliment you.

If 100 HOT women have not told you that you are handsome, you are not handsome. If 100 have, you probably still aren't.

Women overwhelmingly think like oneanother. You can make up for a lot of it by dressing well and being in shape.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
The guys getting approached could be completely making things up...
Every guy in the world?

Women are extremely aggressive when they feel attraction for a man. The sad contrapositive we deduce from this is that if women are not extremely aggressive with us, that they do not feel much attraction for us.

Once you get the looks part down, it's only 20% of the battle. It just means you get to deal with relationship problems. Women rate men's looks as pass/fail. Men rate women on a scale of 1 to 10.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
bigneil said:
Women rate men's looks as pass/fail. Men rate women on a scale of 1 to 10.

right on the money

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Pass/fail is largely correct. But not all "PASS'" are equal. Plus women use words instead of numbers. Here is a sample of different PASS categories based on chick words.

Handsome = She will b@ng you within a few dates.

Cute = If she's drunk enough at a party, it's on at the end of the night or she will give a solid number for a day 2 lay.

Hot = What are you doing in an hour or less? Then it's on.

Gorgeous = She's grabbing your zipper now.

Doctrine Dark

Don Juan
Reaction score
betheman said:
your chances are greatly reduced and even further if your dont have height. its not impossible but its harder work.
women will virtually always default to the tall good looking guy as their preference, therefore if you arent, you have more work to do or need to have something or things going on in your life to compensate
Yeah...I've basically came to peace with the reality that as a 5'8" guy, my potential dating pool will never be as great as a 5'10" and beyond guy. It doesn't really bother me anymore, so that's good. Just gotta focus on the things I do have control of.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Doctrine Dark said:
Yeah...I've basically came to peace with the reality that as a 5'8" guy, my potential dating pool will never be as great as a 5'10" and beyond guy. It doesn't really bother me anymore, so that's good. Just gotta focus on the things I do have control of.
Six feet and up is where the tires hit the pavement so to speak.

I'm between 5'10" and 5'11" and it does nothing for me. Telling a girl you're 5'10" is like saying "I have a p@nis" lol. It has no effect.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I'm 6'5" so I know I'm lucky.

But I paid my dues. I was 6'3" 150 in high school. I was really tall and awkward for years. It wasn't until I was 23 that I filled out.

Doctrine Dark

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Six feet and up is where the tires hit the pavement so to speak.

I'm between 5'10" and 5'11" and it does nothing for me. Telling a girl you're 5'10" is like saying "I have a p@nis" lol. It has no effect.
Eh, well, the 5'10" reference is mainly from what I've seen within online profiles. Most women want 5'10" and above and won't even accept anything below it so while it's nothing compared to 6'0 or above, at least you're in a more accepted position than myself. Oh, well. I'm not tall or average height, so it's no point in me even worrying about it.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The way I see it, it's about getting to 100%.

Your looks might take you 5 or 10 or 50% of the way there. If you don't have looks, you can make up for it with personality or money or whatever...but no single thing is enough to take you all the way.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leporello said:
The way I see it, it's about getting to 100%.

Your looks might take you 5 or 10 or 50% of the way there. If you don't have looks, you can make up for it with personality or money or whatever...but no single thing is enough to take you all the way.
Try online dating for just 1 day with an average looking male photo. See how far a sparkling personality gets you. lol :crackup: :crackup:

Looks take you almost all the way. Looks is more than 50% of the equation. I would say looks are 70% of the equation. The other 30% is the full package (career, money, personality, etc).

Think of it this way. You are a car salesman at a dealership. This guy walks in and is already totally hyped to buy a new car. All you have you have to do is go with the flow. The sale is in the bag. It is only yours to lose by being stupid. So don't be stupid and mess it up. That is what good looks do for you. It makes the dating game virtually effortless.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
When women like you they compliment you.

If 100 HOT women have not told you that you are handsome, you are not handsome. If 100 have, you probably still aren't.

Women overwhelmingly think like oneanother. You can make up for a lot of it by dressing well and being in shape.
I must be one unattractive son of a b!tch then, because I'm certain 100 women have not told me this, let alone 100 hot women. And I'm already in shape and dress well.

I don't really expect that much attention now that I'm in my 50s, but even when I was younger and in better shape random women never approached me and complimented me on my looks. I can't lift as much as I used to, my joints don't hold up.

I've been told I'm handsome, and I've had girls crushing on me, but only after they get to know me. I've also had a good success rate when inviting girls out, so I can't be that ugly, but they don't just come up to me on the street. They'll look at me, and even smile, but randoms don't approach me.

There's a lot of good (and bad) advice here, but sometimes things like this when reading this forum actually drains my confidence, because it makes me think I must not be that attractive.

Now mind you, I no longer drink and don't really like to be around alcohol. I'm sure if I hung around in bars more or parties where there are drunk girls I would get a few more compliments.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I must be one unattractive son of a b!tch then, because I'm certain 100 women have not told me this, let alone 100 hot women. And I'm already in shape and dress well.

I don't really expect that much attention now that I'm in my 50s, but even when I was younger and in better shape random women never approached me and complimented me on my looks. I can't lift as much as I used to, my joints don't hold up.

I've been told I'm handsome, and I've had girls crushing on me, but only after they get to know me. I've also had a good success rate when inviting girls out, so I can't be that ugly, but they don't just come up to me on the street. They'll look at me, and even smile, but randoms don't approach me.

There's a lot of good (and bad) advice here, but sometimes things like this when reading this forum actually drains my confidence, because it makes me think I must not be that attractive.

Now mind you, I no longer drink and don't really like to be around alcohol. I'm sure if I hung around in bars more or parties where there are drunk girls I would get a few more compliments.
I can count on one hand how many girls said I was cute or hot in my whole life. 100!?!? :crackup:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I would think you guys hardly ever dress up then. You need to put the suit and tie on and the compliments start to fly.

You also need to get ripped and tanned. If one girl per week pays your looks a compliment, that's 50 per year.

Even when that happens, you get lots of phone numbers from hot women, but they are still out of control. You don't get much credit for your looks, even when you do have money. Women these days will have 10 men replace you, each fulfilling one need. No one man can compare to you, but they don't care.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
I would think you guys hardly ever dress up then. You need to put the suit and tie on and the compliments start to fly.

You also need to get ripped and tanned. If one girl per week pays your looks a compliment, that's 50 per year.
If I got a compliment a week on my looks I'd think I'd died and went to heaven (I'm assuming my LTR doesn't count). You guys who get constant positive feedback like this don't know how good you have it. Admittedly, I don't have much occasion to wear a suit and tie. And when I do, usually it's women I know well who comment on it. I just don't get random hotties giving me compliments on how I look. You probably get noticed because you're tall.

I was looking at this one girl yesterday when I was going into the grocery store. But her eyes were immediately drawn to the tall musclehead who was walking behind me. I'm in good shape, but I notice the tall, fit guys consistently get the most attention.

Coincidentally, I watched a program on female orgasms recently. There was a study which showed women had more and better orgasms with men they considered good looking, as judged by facial symmetry. There was a poster here named JustAShotAway who used to always say facial symmetry was irrelevant. But this said that men with good symmetry had fewer diseases and fewer genetic mutations. In other words, good breeding stock.

I don't know, my face looks pretty symmetrical to me (shrugs).

They also said women have better orgasms with men they are in love with, which served to encourage pair bonding. Yes, nature encourages pair bonding, for those of you who still maintain otherwise.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:

Even when that happens, you get lots of phone numbers from hot women, but they are still out of control. You don't get much credit for your looks, even when you do have money. Women these days will have 10 men replace you, each fulfilling one need. No one man can compare to you, but they don't care.
I have gotten a lot of "polite" compliments from girls. But I wasn't counting the "you look nice" type of compliments. Those are a dime a dozen. I meant when a girl flat out comes up to you like a cold approach sort of style.