The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

yonggg

Don Juan
Reaction score
day 36

been reading many encouragements here.
feeling so positive lately.

she just messaged me said happy eater to me.

how should i respond? i feel bad if ignore her in this easter day
i should at least reply happy easter too, how do u think?

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yonggg i would reply with a "happy easter too" but not to any subsequent messages...dont wanna come off too sour imo. And do it in like 2 hours.. Wish i replied to her 'how r u' txt but thats 6 days ago now hahah

Day 36! Awesome man...gonna try to get up on those double digits too! Happy easter bro

yonggg

Don Juan
Reaction score
beatjunkie said:
Yonggg i would reply with a "happy easter too" but not to any subsequent messages...dont wanna come off too sour imo. And do it in like 2 hours.. Wish i replied to her 'how r u' txt but thats 6 days ago now hahah

Day 36! Awesome man...gonna try to get up on those double digits too! Happy easter bro
yea just sent that,
i sent it after 3 hours. i feel so positive lately,

but wtf, didnt i just break nc with that?
i forget that i shouldnt contact her whatever happend in 60 days,
oh man...

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yonggg said:
yea just sent that,
i sent it after 3 hours. i feel so positive lately,

but wtf, didnt i just break nc with that?
i forget that i shouldnt contact her whatever happend in 60 days,
oh man...
no you're fine. it's called etiquette. i wouldnt sweat it as long as u don't send any follow-up texts. and you're feeling positive man, so keep it up!

yonggg

Don Juan
Reaction score
no i didnt send any follow up text.
glad idont have to restart to day 1.

but still, i feel i was better off ignoring.

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yonggg said:
no i didnt send any follow up text.
glad idont have to restart to day 1.

but still, i feel i was better off ignoring.
imo and shoes i would've tortured myself thinking i should do it...its easter after all. i think you did the right thing :cool:

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Finished my 60 days at the end of last month.

Wished her happy birthday last week; first time I contacted at all since end of January, with a couple of ignored emails from her inbetween.

She replied to my birthday email within 3 minutes. I haven't replied since.

This method is gold.

stevedudley

Don Juan
Reaction score
day 18 no contact. Still struggling with this. I dont feel its getting better. Will not contact my ex but it still hurts. At least I have my son now for 3 days. He is my priority. Love him so much. Just hope I get stronger as the days go on.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stevedudley said:
day 18 no contact. Still struggling with this. I dont feel its getting better. Will not contact my ex but it still hurts. At least I have my son now for 3 days. He is my priority. Love him so much. Just hope I get stronger as the days go on.
My man. It does get easier. I know it doesn't seem like it, but stubbornness is a virtue in these situations.

Am guessing as you have a son you are a bit older than some. I have read many things over the last six months, but one of the best pieces of advice I read was to remember that chick in school/college/uni that you thought you would NEVER get over. You're over her now, right? You're now trying to get over someone else, right?

It takes time; we ain't robots man. But read many things, get out meet hotter women any chance you get, embrace techne that you are comfortable using. Then start over again.

Day 18...? On Tuesday you'll be a third the way there, but you gottsa live life again at the same time, otherwise it's just no contact. Which basically might amount to nothing, left alone.

Stay with it. And with other chicks, preferably in your own bed ;u)

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/10/09/this-too-shall-pass/

this is a fantastic article for all those going through the pain. read it. the website is also great and contains loads of good articles and practical advice.

start of day 7. woke up early and felt like crap..found this article and will now live 'in between heartbeats' as the author says.

HW1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 27......

Feels worse than day 1. Been good the past couple of weeks but out of nowhere came this heavy feeling again. Been going to the gym, continuing other hobbies and going on dates but still can't get her out of my head. There are so many other oprions around me but can't seem to shake her...

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HW1984 said:
Day 27......

Feels worse than day 1. Been good the past couple of weeks but out of nowhere came this heavy feeling again. Been going to the gym, continuing other hobbies and going on dates but still can't get her out of my head. There are so many other oprions around me but can't seem to shake her...
day 24 and while I don't feel any worse I certainly don't feel any better. it's tough man

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Feeling a bit better now. Keep telling myself "its just a girl".

Been bulking up and hitting the dumbbells like a beast too, that really helps.

Almost half way to 60 days, no way I'm gonna fvck it up now.

Dmb11122334

Reaction score
Day 13

Day 13, not great but not terrible either just very blah at times. I have no urge to contact but am curious how I would respond to her reaching out ( almost positive I would not react). Got rid of all social media contact and deleted the number it helps. Staying busy and working out def help. I am committed to 60 days wish me luck :)

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
goodmorn from this side of the world.

start of day 8. yesterday was by far the worst. at the office and feeling sick this morn. i must keep pushing hard tho.

Cheeks and everyone else you guys are my inspiration! keep going and good luck!

beatjunkie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
goodmorn from this side of the world.

start of day 8. yesterday was by far the worst. at the office and feeling sick this morn. i must keep pushing hard tho.

Cheeks and everyone else you guys are my inspiration! keep going and good luck!

stevedudley

Don Juan
Reaction score
start of day 20. one third towards 60 days. Cant say its getting easier. I will not contact my ex but it still hurts. Just hope the feelings will disappear in time.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right lads,

Keep up with the good work. I remember my 20-30 days, it’s when you truly are breaking the back of the challenge. And it is certainly a challenge. The truest of challenges; you are defying physical, psychological, physiological mental and emotional needs. This is what is making you a better man. Breaking the pain barrier.

There is a famous French quote that I read a few months ago, and it helped me along with many others (I don’t recall the French translation):

‘Flee and they will follow, follow and they will flee’. This is referring specifically to love or a loved one, and though not always true, I’d say a good 7 or 8 times out of 10, it at least forces their hand in communications, and re-frames the break up by shifting (at least some) power back away from the ‘follower’.

There should be other advice allied to this post, because as I have said above, it is not a case of simply not responding to a person for 60 days.

One has to indulge and engage with life again: has to at least attempt to improve oneself in some way, preferably more than one, at least one physical and one mental; has to indulge one’s innate desires again, which may have been stunted by the lost relationship; has to attempt to engage in conversation with someone else where there is a mutual sexual desire, in order to learn that there are other out there; lastly I would say that a reflection of one’s own failure in the previous situation is also a priority, be those failures acute or obtuse, we must learn from mistakes and carry the learning forward; read, read many things, always.

All of the things listed above compliment no-contact, and enable one to truly experience life without the ex-partner, to see that they can live without that person in their past, and in a fulfilling manner. I firmly believe that if I hadn’t done all of these things during my 60 days, the whole exercise would have been a fruitless exercise.

Now I can respond to my ex and reckon I could even meet her for a drink and not feel the same vulnerability and neediness I did 6 months ago. I have regained control over that situation and though there is no relationship to speak of, I think there is at least some chance of creating one again, should I want to in future; which I’m not really sure I want to anymore anyway.

You can sit there for 60 days and pine for this person and that person, or you can use it as a great opportunity to regain control over your own existence. I would go as far to say as it has been one of the best things to happen to me in the last 5-10 years; and I owe several individuals in the Manosphere a debt of gratitude for that that I am unlikely ever to repay (least not being those here at sosuave, those at the Chateau and Mr Rollo over at The Rational Male). Most of what I am saying here is regurgitated from their own blogs, posts and comments.

Ideally the original post would be reinvented as ‘60 days to getting your life back’ (rather than alluding ‘60 days not contacting someone you’re trying to get over/win over’) This is no criticism, absolutely the contrary; if it wasn’t for this post, I’d still be at day -1 probably.

Stay strong, men.

Cheeks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMonkeyKing said:
Right lads,

Keep up with the good work. I remember my 20-30 days, it’s when you truly are breaking the back of the challenge. And it is certainly a challenge. The truest of challenges; you are defying physical, psychological, physiological mental and emotional needs. This is what is making you a better man. Breaking the pain barrier.

There is a famous French quote that I read a few months ago, and it helped me along with many others (I don’t recall the French translation):

‘Flee and they will follow, follow and they will flee’. This is referring specifically to love or a loved one, and though not always true, I’d say a good 7 or 8 times out of 10, it at least forces their hand in communications, and re-frames the break up by shifting (at least some) power back away from the ‘follower’.

There should be other advice allied to this post, because as I have said above, it is not a case of simply not responding to a person for 60 days.

One has to indulge and engage with life again: has to at least attempt to improve oneself in some way, preferably more than one, at least one physical and one mental; has to indulge one’s innate desires again, which may have been stunted by the lost relationship; has to attempt to engage in conversation with someone else where there is a mutual sexual desire, in order to learn that there are other out there; lastly I would say that a reflection of one’s own failure in the previous situation is also a priority, be those failures acute or obtuse, we must learn from mistakes and carry the learning forward; read, read many things, always.

All of the things listed above compliment no-contact, and enable one to truly experience life without the ex-partner, to see that they can live without that person in their past, and in a fulfilling manner. I firmly believe that if I hadn’t done all of these things during my 60 days, the whole exercise would have been a fruitless exercise.

Now I can respond to my ex and reckon I could even meet her for a drink and not feel the same vulnerability and neediness I did 6 months ago. I have regained control over that situation and though there is no relationship to speak of, I think there is at least some chance of creating one again, should I want to in future; which I’m not really sure I want to anymore anyway.

You can sit there for 60 days and pine for this person and that person, or you can use it as a great opportunity to regain control over your own existence. I would go as far to say as it has been one of the best things to happen to me in the last 5-10 years; and I owe several individuals in the Manosphere a debt of gratitude for that that I am unlikely ever to repay (least not being those here at sosuave, those at the Chateau and Mr Rollo over at The Rational Male). Most of what I am saying here is regurgitated from their own blogs, posts and comments.

Ideally the original post would be reinvented as ‘60 days to getting your life back’ (rather than alluding ‘60 days not contacting someone you’re trying to get over/win over’) This is no criticism, absolutely the contrary; if it wasn’t for this post, I’d still be at day -1 probably.

Stay strong, men.
Stellar post. I do have faith that I'll be stronger once this is through.

rasj1983

Don Juan
Reaction score
35 days have been passed, i'm already feeling better, this next weekend it's my birthday, i don't expect contact from my ex anymore, what i wish is more strength to fight this kind of situation in the future and a better life, and i thank you the support and the life experience that you guys shared.