The Loveshack/SoSuave Discussion [Merged Threads]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Kamille said:
:crackup: You got me there. It was part of my opening lecture the first class I taught: "some people think it's important to establish whether or not sociology is a science. My perspective is that sociology doesn't have to be a science to be relevant. It all links up to question of objectivity and subjectivity. (bla bla bla professor droning on about stuff that students have no clue why it should matter to them)"

I loved teaching that class.
Read my above post, it is directed at you, based on your expertise.

Lishy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
OK, I understand that..but what I am getting is that it seemed to me like you feel entitled to more of a welcome for whatever reason. At least thats the way I see it.
I am just curiouis as to why you felt you deserved a 'welcome' at all.
That's it, no biggie.
I wasn't part of the raid, and had no interest in it. So Im out of the loop so to speak with a lot of the details.
Interestingly enough, I did try to welcome Touche/Hombre was called a 'phony' and rebuffed! LOL!
No, I never felt 'entitled' to a warm welcome just because I am female!

I was met with that attitude, I never came here with it!

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purple-Haze said:
Why do you refer to your interaction with women as the "game"?
Because its supposed to be fun!

Game entails challenges and dealing with the unexpected. Just like a player on the field, you need to be quick on your feet and improvise at all times if you want to score a goal.

Now I know what you are probably thinking

"All you guys want to do is score some ass!"

And for the most part you'd be right (especially about the younger players). But ultimately we all have different goals and expectations, (sex, relationships, love, etc)

The only way to reach these goals is with dedication and discipline. At the same time we try not to take it so seriously that we miss the point, which is to enjoy ourselves and constantly improve in the process.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lishy. Stay or leave. Your choice. Quit whining about it. You didn't get the reception you'd prefer. Too late to go back and change it now.

Kamille

Don Juan
Reaction score
JackPrescott said:
Do some research or a Paper on the attraction of the "Bad Boy"....what is it that drives women to him? You could make this your PHD topic.

I know a male, age 29, stoner ass drunken pothead, who is about 55 times more obnoxious than me, even on tequila. This guy barely has a GED, he works at a popular Steakhouse, as a waiter, and has done this for about 7 years, no motivation to go to school, move up or get a better job, he enjoys what he does.

Typical day for "Gage"

Gage awakens with a hangover at 12pm. Lights up his pipe, does a few hits and showers. His sexy blonde (25) girlfriend, "Jill" has left for work, 7 hours ago, and has already ironed his uniform for his job. He has to be there at 4. So he has some time to kill. He eats the leftovers he brought from the resturant, and then smokes some more pot as he plays the latest X-Box WW2 game online. Plays this and smokes until 1:30 when "Bill" another stoner comes to pick him up. (Gage does not own a car or a valid driver's license) They play and light up till 2:25, at which time they go to a park and shoot hoops. Then, it's time for work. Bill is a line cook, and Gage is a waiter. He waits tables from 4-10 or so, then he collects his money, has a beer and a shot, and goes home with Bill about 1130 or so, who drives him back home. "Jill" is there, and is asleep in her room...she has already bought them a 12 pack. Bill and Gage light up the pipes, put on some heavy metal music, and continue playing the online WW2 XBox game from 11:45 until 5am. during this time, Gage goes into the bedroom and gives Jill an obligatory kiss on the cheek while she sleeps. Then back to the games. They consume the entire 12 pack, and smoke at least 6-7 bowls, until Bill decides, as the sun is coming up to go home. Then Gage goes and drunkenly passes out in bed with Jill who wakes up an hour later and showers to get ready to go to work and iron his uniform.

Repeat, 7 days a week, 365.
Would this lifestyle suit you? If so, then focus on trying to figure out how to land a woman like Jill. If not, figure out what makes you happy and then focus on only letting the kind of women that matches your lifestyle into your life.

Commando

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha,

Men want to score the lay.

Women want to score the heart.

Somewhere the lucky ones meet in the middle...and get a little.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Señor Fingers said:
Because its supposed to be fun!

Game entails challenges and dealing with the unexpected. Just like a player on the field, you need to be quick on your feet and improvise at all times if you want to score a goal.

Now I know what you are probably thinking

"All you guys want to do is score some ass!"

And for the most part you'd be right (especially about the younger players). But ultimately we all have different goals and expectations, (sex, relationships, love, etc)

The only way to reach these goals is with dedication and discipline. At the same time we try not to take it so seriously that we miss the point, which is to enjoy ourselves and constantly improve in the process.
So it's just a matter of semantics.

Really, we both want the same thing.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

As far as I am concerned all these women activists on LS can suck a big fat one.

How is a MAN going to describe to a women the dynamics of how to be a MAN.

Men do not need to PUSH their IDEALOGY on anyone. If someone asks for help than so be it. To go to a forum full of outspoken female activists is beyond me. I would not have a relationship with most of these women due to the fact that most are already damaged goods.

The kind of woman I find to be QUALITY are spectrum opposites of these women. Just as I am sure these women's QUALITY MEN are LOLLIPOPS.

Let sleeping dogs lie. Differences in opinion is what makes us different. If everyone thought the same, it would be a very BORING world.

Real Men ACT and PRODUCE. Women watch OPRAH. Leave the DRAMA at LS.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
Hey,

As far as I am concerned all these women activists on LS can suck a big fat one.

How is a MAN going to describe to a women the dynamics of how to be a MAN.

Men do not need to PUSH their IDEALOGY on anyone. If someone asks for help than so be it. To go to a forum full of outspoken female activists is beyond me. I would not have a relationship with most of these women due to the fact that most are already damaged goods.

The kind of woman I find to be QUALITY are spectrum opposites of these women. Just as I am sure these women's QUALITY MEN are LOLLIPOPS.

Let sleeping dogs lie. Differences in opinion is what makes us different. If everyone thought the same, it would be a very BORING world.

Real Men ACT and PRODUCE. Women watch OPRAH. Leave the DRAMA at LS.
So you don't wish to partake in this exchange then?

In the event you wish you reply to me, care to tell me what you mean by the above (I direct you to my bolded emphasis).

And tell me, what do you find as being "quality women".

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Kamille said:
Would this lifestyle suit you? If so, then focus on trying to figure out how to land a woman like Jill. If not, figure out what makes you happy and then focus on only letting the kind of women that matches your lifestyle into your life.
I know what makes me happy. The lifestyle of a slacker boy I would find about as exciting as Lishy's lovelife.

I love to study, I am currenty pursuing a degree in psychology. I go to school. I want to learn about the minds of both the sexually addicted male and female, and all about chemical dependency, which I also find fascinating.

I work full time, 44 hours a week, a Counseling Job. It is also fascinating work. And directly related to my field.

In my off time, I enjoy working out, cardio, weights, ect. I love boxing and MMA. I love Vegas, and playing pool, or simply relaxing by the pool, slathered in Tropicanna Oil. (Bananna and Coconut) I love concerts, and wine festivals and good restaurants.

Guess what? I have focused on "letting those kind of women in" and they all want "The FRIENDSZONE" They have no interest in a motivated male, meanwhile, Gage is hitting a 25 year old that could be on the cover of Maxim.
Gage's only motivation is figuring out how to get a ride to Circle K for another 6 pack before the liquor sales shut down at midnight.

I am better built, and phyiscally stronger then the Gages and the Bills. they would be embarrassed by me, poolside, or in the weightroom. But Gage would be embarrassed as Jill oogles my body, but goes home with him.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He means that it appears that the LS women are coming across as embittered, overly self important women, and entitled whom may have lost touch with their femeninity.
In addition to a seemingly Negative pre conceived notion of the quality and character of men who wish to participate in this forum. PH.

Lishy did have something nice to say about a few posters, but there may be a lack of specifics which may make it too vague for some.

Even then, there have been a few snappy quips which were really unneccessary in some of the dialogue.

Men want to speak with women, not have women talking AT them..there is a difference.

You may not FEEL that you all are coming across this way, but many men here feel differently..

I havent seen Kammille say anything derrogatory , and havent seen Purple Haze say anything as of yet. But I havent been diggin up your post history.

I also believe some of the male posters (if they are indeed male) from LS may not be any better in the sens of derrogatory remarks and overly superior attitudes to the other men in this site.

Bascially its this..

No one likes to be 'degraded' and "insulted' in their own forum, in which they have strong beliefs that they feel has helped them in their life.
This goes for both forum Communities

PS Again, the LS women have to understand and either adapt to the masculine SS culture or not.
This is ultimately a Men's forum, they are not as interested in a 'balanced' view. It is a Mens forum.

Men come here to talk to other men about Mens problems and issues.

And they dont appreciate it , especially when theyre having trouble with women, to be talked down to by other women even if it is under the guise of 'help'.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
He means that it appears that the LS women are coming across as embittered, overly self important women, and entitled whom may have lost touch with their femeninity.
In other words, a seemingly Negative pre conceived notion of the quality and character of men who wish to participate in this forum. PH.

Lishy did have something nice to say about a few posters, but there may be a lack of specifics which may make it too vague for some.

Even then, there have been a few snappy quips which were really unneccessary in some of the dialogue.

Men want to speak with women, not have women talking AT them..there is a difference.
Too bad he can't step up and say this himself.

Thanks for the explanation.

TruthSeeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
In other words, a seemingly Negative pre conceived notion of the quality and character of men who wish to participate in this forum. PH.

Are you referring to guru1000's post?

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purple-Haze said:
So it's just a matter of semantics.

Really, we both want the same thing.
It really is semantics. I got into this discussion with TrialbyFire over at LS.

We have different ways and strategies to get what we want but in the end who doesn't want love, acceptance and good times?

The inherent problem is the difference of priorities we tend to have. Women have a tendency to go for the jugular emotionally, and men do it physically.

Now to make things EXTRA interesting, toss in completely different chemistries, moral values and biological clocks and this whole thing becomes one massive time bomb which blows up in most people's faces.

Aint love grand? :D

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Señor Fingers said:
It really is semantics. I got into this discussion with TrialbyFire over at LS.

We have different ways and strategies to get what we want but in the end who doesn't want love, acceptance and good times?

The inherent problem is the difference of priorities we tend to have. Women have a tendency to go for the jugular emotionally, and men do it physically.

Now to make things EXTRA interesting, toss in completely different chemistries, moral values and biological clocks and this whole thing becomes one massive time bomb which blows up in most people's faces.

Aint love grand? :D
But that's the beauty of the male-female dynamic, wouldn't you say?

Me personally, my relationships have been full of drama, etc... But really, I cherish every moment I have had with my SO. Because I know that we're on a journey together...

I really wouldn't have it any other way. He can be a total harda$$ alpha and I've had my moments of hysteria.

Perhaps we're a tad dysfunctional...but I like to think that it's going somewhere...the road to better understanding (and a fun road at that).

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Purple Haze and Kamille are both level headed people with good retorts to our inquiries. Let's have a civilized dialogue so we can learn from each other.

PLease continue.

TruthSeeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most relationships are full of drama, if not all.

I have had one that was so full of it that I ended up ending it which was the best decision I have ever made!

It was a journey for me too. Although we had more downs than ups, I didn't regret any of it cos I must admit, he was a good guy but he let his past come in between us.

I do wonder now and then why some men let that happen in their current relationships if the past girlfriends were a total b!tch to them...

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same as women , low self esteem emotional immaturity, and a feeling of lack of options.
And while the woman usually has a need for security, the man usually has a stronger need for sex. So they become co dependent.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
Same as women , low self esteem emotional immaturity, and a feeling of lack of options.
And while the woman usually has a need for security, the man usually has a stronger need for sex. So they become co dependent.
Which post are you responding to Interceptor?

Status
Not open for further replies.