The importance of height for men

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys need to stop with these height threads. You can’t change your height. But you can change everything else in your life. I’m short and I’ve never had an issue finding a woman.
I'm average but I'm also Asian I'm five eight

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
As long as you’re not an ogre, not a midget, clean, groomed and have social calibration, most will do just fine. Will they get the most attractive women they always seem to be hounding after? No. Can they achieve their SMV match? Absolutely.

This defeatist carp is getting old, facking black pill should be glassed from orbit.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you’re not an ogre, not a midget, clean, groomed and have social calibration, most will do just fine. Will they get the most attractive women they always seem to be hounding after? No. Can they achieve their SMV match? Absolutely.

This defeatist carp is getting old, facking black pill should be glassed from orbit.
So true

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Here's a story that happened one nite in a bar....I was with a group of friends. One of the guys in the group was tall, dark, and handsome, with a full head of hair. Probably 6'2". Big build, good shape. Most would probably consider him a Chad in the looks department. The girl pretty much leads the entire conversation and isn't getting anywhere. He add's very little to the conversation. I'm kind of embarassed that he is so lame, so I insert myself into the conversation because I know this girl is about to bail.

So me....5'10", bald head, regular size guy gets the conversation going. We end up talking by ourselves, and dancing. Later that night she invites me to her house and we end up having some hot sex.

This chic was fresh off a divorce and wanted dihked down good. But it was important that the guy had some conversation skills because she wanted some sort of a connection as most women do. My friend couldn't do that.

I ended up seeing this girl for a few months. Our relationship was all about going out and having sex. Great fun. We barely even communicated outside of when we were physically together. Super easy relationship.

The great thing about women, is once you start connecting with one, the physical attributes become less of an issue. I think its men that care what the opposite sex looks like more than women do.

Don't let your lack of height or whatever physcial deficiency keep you from having success. If you lack height, or hair, make up for that in other areas and you will be fine. Excuses are for LOSERS.

I've beat out guys that were much taller and better looking than me many times. My confidence, conversation skills, and the ability to connect with women will seal the deal for me most all the time. Its what I've always relied on.
This can't be true. I've heard from many on this forum that unless you are 6+ feet tall, look like a Greek God and make a million dollars you have no hope but to bang 300+ lb 2s and 3s, but only when they are desperate.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The interesting thing (for me) is when this 'men have to be over 6ft' started. Before OLD went mainstream, men's height was rarely an issue. Women were still attracted to men who were taller than they were, but a couple of inches taller would be enough.
I think I can add some insight into the timeline on this.

I topped out at 5'10" in 2000 when I was 17. In dating from ages 17-25 as a 5'10" person, height seemed to be less of an issue than it became by my late 20s and beyond. While I was in college from 2001-2005 as an 18-22 year old, my height seemed sufficient for most women I met through campus activities and at the off campus apartment complex parties. I had access to the most unmarried women in one confined area while I was on campus. No urban environment post-college has ever matched what I had on campus in terms of quantity.

While 5'10" was never a great height in the USA market, it became perceived as less desirable once women learned how many options they truly have with tech-based dating methods.

I believe that women started demanding more height once they started to learn how much abundance they truly had with tech-based dating options. This started to become apparent around the late 2000s/early 2010s. Before a significant percentage of women were using tech-based dating options, most women had fewer dating options from their social networks and going to bars 1-2 nights per week. Even a woman who went to bars 3-4 nights a week and didn't use tech-based options could never compete with the quantity of options a woman would get from the tech-based options.

The interesting thing (for me) is when this 'men have to be over 6ft' started. Before OLD went mainstream, men's height was rarely an issue unless a man was literally a dwarf and even then he could 'own it'. Women were still attracted to men who were taller than they were, but a couple of inches taller would be enough.

OLD taught women how to select men. Not on things like intelligence or wit or even ambition, but checking boxes with possible criteria. So when women would checkmark their profile, they get asked 'what age' 'how tall' et cetera to be 'matched' with their 'ideal'. And women being women, they would enthusiastically start checking boxes like 'has to be over 6ft and earn more than 6 figures and have abs'
I agree with all of this. Online dating websites going mainstream (prior to the launch of Tinder in September 2012) is when this changed. In the latter years of dating websites, women started to learn their abundance.

Women's height demands definitely increased as a result of online dating websites. Dating apps like Tinder and Bumble cemented this.

while they themselves sleep in sour sheets in a sub-let mess of an apartment, working sh!tty jobs for nickels and dimes, dreaming to get swept off their feet like a Disney princess.

Despite the feminist push to get women into the workplace, many women are not really happy employees and become disillusioned about finding the white picket fence prince.
With my generation of women (Millennials), women haven't been satisfied to have mediocre possessions in a mediocre apartment.

In the United States with the Millennials (1981-1996 births per Pew Research), women have been pursuing higher education and careers even more. With Gen X (1965-1980 births) and Millennials (1981-1996 births), women became more and more career-focused. More women got bachelor's and advanced degrees and were able to provide for themselves more meaningfully than earlier generations of women. This reduced a woman's need for a provider beta male, since she could at least adequately handle her own provisioning from her own white collar job. Since the majority of men are beta males who based their longer term mating strategy around provisioning, this softened the market for them.

You are correct that feminists have been pushing for more and more to get into the workplace. This became evident with the rise of Second Wave Feminism in the 1960s-1970s. The first large generation where this became apparent was with the Baby Boomers (1946-1964 births) as they were the young adults when this was escalating. By my generation (Millennials, 1981-1996 births), this had become more cemented.

Many women have learned in white collar work what many men in both white collar and blue collar work know. White collar corporate work is not very satisfying. While a woman can provision for herself in white collar work, she will not have that great of an existence alone, even if she has average or better housing and average or better transportation. Men are more designed for white collar corporate drudgery or even blue collar working drudgery than women are. Women are more designed to support running a household and taking children from birth to self-sufficiency.

OLD is a sham and while some 'lucky' guys may hook-up with some desperate women, OLD breeds contempt and dissatisfaction, which is great for business.
The majority of men do not do well with tech-based dating methods, primarily in the form now of swipe-based dating apps.

With swipe apps, there's around 10% of men who do really well, usually due to looks (being 6'0"+ and fit). The majority of men do not stand out enough of apps.

The typical male experience on apps is consists of at least one of the following 3 occurrences.

1. Very few matches
2. Few to some matches, but almost all first dates result in an interaction that is "1-2 dates, no sex, and no extended relationship"
3. Dating well below market value (2-3 SMV points) to get an extended relationship

"OLD changed the game". No, gullible guys allowed the game to become skewed against them. OLD is a misrepresentation of the dating market and tries to get members because they don't care about matching guys who want to conveniently select a future partner from a portfolio. Match dot com knows that low value men will try to match with high value women they can never get, and low value women will not be interested in men at their own level because they hope to snare a hunk. So both of them will not choose their actual matches and Match dot com can use those statistics to make men and women even more insecure and thirsty.
This is well said and reflects what is happening with users of dating websites/apps.

Just be realistic, if you're 5.7 don't expect to bang 5.11 Russian model Natasha.
This is true. As a 5'10" man, my realistic max height is 5'7". A 5'8"-5'9" woman is possible but my odds start to really drop around there.

As a 5'10" man, it's going to be difficult for me to date a 5'11"-6'2" volleyball player woman.

Don't let your lack of height or whatever physcial deficiency keep you from having success. If you lack height, or hair, make up for that in other areas and you will be fine. Excuses are for LOSERS.

The great thing about women, is once you start connecting with one, the physical attributes become less of an issue. I think its men that care what the opposite sex looks like more than women do.
One of the things I have said many times on here is that Game is a combination of looks, money, status, and personality.

I believe looks is the most important of those factors and personality is the least important. I believe that money starts to become more of a factor for men's SMV once they enter middle age (roughly age 35).

While I think personality is least important, a very strong personality can make up for looks deficiencies. A deficiency in any one area needs to be made up for it in another area. @BPH is a great example of this. @BPH hasn't done well on money but has used looks to make up for money deficiencies in his 20s and now early 30s.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the things I have said many times on here is that Game is a combination of looks, money, status, and personality.
I think another quality is missing. I don't know if you'd call it 'Skills' or 'Talent', but it's unrelated to sexual conquest. Like playing an instrument, which will not make you more sexually interesting to a woman, but the ability to make music can be leveraged into becoming more attractive.

Also, I would change 'Personality' into 'Attitude'. It's not your personality, but how your attitude dictates your behaviour. Caring too much about other people's opinions drove me to suicide when I was sixteen, but aborting my suicide gave me my IDGAF attitude and I immediately (3-4 months after my aborted suicide) that women responded better to my attempts at seduction. However, my Personality was still the same, but my IDGAF attitude changed how I expressed myself. Ultimately women like my personality, but it's my IDGAF attitude that 'seals the deal' and makes me desirable in their eyes.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I think personality is least important, a very strong personality can make up for looks deficiencies. A deficiency in any one area needs to be made up for it in another area. @BPH is a great example of this. @BPH hasn't done well on money but has used looks to make up for money deficiencies in his 20s and now early 30s.
I mean, I like to think I have a pretty good personality too :lol:

I'm just poor.

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 5'3 basically listen to this video from 5:50 to 6:15
Can confirm from my IRL experiences
Why?
I know two guys which have 8 traits in this video, but one is tall and ugly and the other one is short and hot.
The tall guy gets 80% while the short one gets 20%.
**** the media, this society is broken!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to like short women, like 5' 2" to 5' 6". I guess I like it because I see it as a female trait. Taller women are okay too, but I don't like them to be 6' 0" (taller than I am at 5' 10"), although I know some guys do.

Not sure why guys being so freakishly tall is so important to women. Maybe because it's a male feature to be taller. Maybe it's a dominance thing. Not over women necessarily, but over other men, they like their guys to tower over other men. Or maybe tall guys look better in their clothes, and are less likely to get fat?

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 5'3 basically listen to this video from 5:50 to 6:15
Can confirm from my IRL experiences
Why?
I know two guys which have 8 traits in this video, but one is tall and ugly and the other one is short and hot.
The tall guy gets 80% while the short one gets 20%.
**** the media, this society is broken!
How short?

gwoppin

Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend is somewhere between 5'2 and 5'4, and something he said that i thought was interesting is that at least hes not 5'6, cause then he would be out of the game by just 2 inches, which would almost be like an extra sting since the margin is soo small, rather than just knowing from the start that he (feels) like he wasnt in the game to begin with

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I tend to like short women, like 5' 2" to 5' 6". I guess I like it because I see it as a female trait. Taller women are okay too, but I don't like them to be 6' 0" (taller than I am at 5' 10"), although I know some guys do.

Not sure why guys being so freakishly tall is so important to women. Maybe because it's a male feature to be taller. Maybe it's a dominance thing. Not over women necessarily, but over other men, they like their guys to tower over other men. Or maybe tall guys look better in their clothes, and are less likely to get fat?
Most women are fine with a guy who is simply taller than they are in heels or at least the same height.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most women are fine with a guy who is simply taller than they are in heels or at least the same height.
Why the fascination with six feet then? Are they just wanting to look up and count the hairs in the guy's nose?

By the way, I bet shorter woman are just as adamant about the 6'0" mark as taller women are.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the fascination with six feet then? Are they just wanting to look up and count the hairs in the guy's nose?

By the way, I bet shorter woman are just as adamant about the 6'0" mark as taller women are.
Because of dating apps.

Women rarely even knew how tall someone was, but with the arrival of dating apps, they get 'selection criteria' like 'How tall do you want your man to be?', so that changes from 'it would be nice if he's a bit taller' to 'has to be 6 feet or taller', because 6 is a sexy round number and 5'11 isn't.

Funny enough, men don't get a choice like that "Do you want your woman to have A, B, C, or D cup breasts?" "How fit does your woman have to be, thin - normal - a bit extra - curvy - overweight - obese?"

And how many times do obese women call themselves 'curvy'?

This is curvy, ladies:
voluptuous curvy redhead cleavage pale.jpeg

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

It's just a round number. Most women couldn't pick out 6 foot if it hit them in the face.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend is somewhere between 5'2 and 5'4, and something he said that i thought was interesting is that at least hes not 5'6, cause then he would be out of the game by just 2 inches, which would almost be like an extra sting since the margin is soo small, rather than just knowing from the start that he (feels) like he wasnt in the game to begin with
5’6” is not ‘out of the game’. Can attest to that.