The Harshest Lesson/s Life Taught You (so far)

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

LTG71

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody truly has your back and you have to fend for yourself. This forces men to be resilient but also sad realizing the complete lack of sympathy from society in general.

Don’t take good times for granted. You think they will last but can slowly slip through your hands like sand.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hence it’s easy for him to say that. So long as he is not Quasimodo or socially stunted (and no man who owns a yacht is) a man who owns a yacht will have to fight women off!

What do you mean by chase specifically?
She backs off you back off. She replies later you reply later. She’s busy your busy. She can’t make it you also can’t make it. Basically when she loses interest you don’t chase after her in every way. I’m taking this dead serious now.
@Manure Spherian

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Never argue with idiots.... it is a waste of time.
I love arguing with idiots. Why else would I post on SoSuave?

Joking aside, I really liked your post.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As the title says.

For myself, after having lived at least two decades, with obviously still having very little to show for it, I reckon that sickness does tell you how short life really is (in my case, it nags me everyday). The more I learned about my disorder and being in a third-world country and needing to establish my own generational wealth (for my parents came from not-so-off households), the more I realize how much harder the challenges I have to face really are. The more reality hits me, the more I feel like I'm in purgatory, forced to compromise focusing on my health with making the most of college (this may be my last year or two before proceeding to a Master's degree).

I still consider myself lucky, but apparently my luck is not enough, and even hard work is not enough. I have a clear direction with where I want to go, but I need more long-term strategy in my life, in facing the unknown, and this is where I lack. Financially, it seems I need a miracle.

There are also some truths which beg my more immediate acceptance, but I guess the values and principles I grew up in and made me who I am, still hold me back.

What about yours? Which failures challenged you the most, and how did you change along the way, and what did you go through to accept the new reality?
The whole blood is thicker than water saying.

100% Pure BS.

Family will f*ck you over a lot quicker and with less remorse than friends or even a business partner. Something about, "Oh, it's only my (son, daughter, brother, sister, etc.) they don't need to be paid back. They'll understand." And on and on.

And if you do help a family member out once, now you're a savings and loan, or a hotel, or an emotional tampon, etc. They don't understand, or care, that you have a life too that's also full or challenges.

I'm not looking for sympathy but to validate my point, I had one parent take out two credit cards in my name and default on payments, had their bankruptcy end up on my credit report, "borrowed" all my lawn cutting money for the summer I was saving to buy a new bike (I was 13) and never repaid it, and asked me for money on the regular once I became an adult. The other parent started businesses and bought and sold houses but never offered one cent for my college education. This parent also used college tuition money that was willed to me as a minor on a business she started and failed with and never repaid the money.

Heed my warning.

~Dash

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The hardest lesson? That by being at 2%-ile in height :mad:, my dating life is brutal, like it is almost OVER before it had begun. Even men that HeightMog me by 6" are considered to be on the short side.

I watch this video a lot after getting rejected:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone that brags about themselves on social media is full of cr@p. Real high value men don't do sh1t like this.
Still, they all drool over Dan Bilzerian and Andrew Tate.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone that brags about themselves on social media is full of cr@p. Real high value men don't do sh1t like this.
I believe that although some pull such stunts, high-earning influencers of all niches, some of whom make millions, generally do not have issues attracting women, as it goes for other high-status men.

I personally know rich men who routinely brag. Some rich boys I went to school with also routinely bragged.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still, they all drool over Dan Bilzerian and Andrew Tate.
Yeah... I don't get it. I also don't get the mindless worship of celebrities.

Humans are nothing more than advanced primates capable of rational thought... which frequently takes a back seat to emotional decision making. We want to follow others who we think represents our values... or what we wish we were like a tribe of apes fighting over bananas and tossing our poo at other apes we don't like.

We have a genetic disposition to be in a tribe for protection from Sabor Tooth Tigers and hunt Mastodons... and we look for leaders for the tribe to guarantee success. Those who will not comport to the will of the tribe, are left alone and die off... so natural selection weeded out those that didn't get with the program. If one does not believe in evolution, they will not understand what is going on. You want to see human behavior at the lizard brain level... go to prison. If you are a white dude, you better join the Aryan Brotherhood, if you are Hispanic well you better Le Eme...Black, join Rollin' 30s, 40s etcetera. Asian... well ABZ is waiting for you. If you think you can go to prison and not affiliate based on race... everyone is your enemy.

Smart primates like Bilzerian and Tate or Oprah Winfree and Taylor Swift ... effectively manipulate emotions to their benefit. We pay a thousand dollars to see a Taylor Swift concert... or will buy whatever cr@ppy book Oprah recommends. We have pop psychologists like Dr. Phil and Jordan Peterson... vomiting up nonsense and we just lick up.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Humans are nothing more than advanced primates capable of rational thought... which frequently takes a back seat to emotional decision making. We want to follow others who we think represents our values... or what we wish we were like a tribe of apes fighting over bananas and tossing our poo at other apes we don't like.
And just when I was starting to like you. :cool:

I think you're absolutely right. Our circumstances have evolved faster than our primate brains can handle and now idiocy rules.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole blood is thicker than water saying.

100% Pure BS.

Family will f*ck you over a lot quicker and with less remorse than friends or even a business partner. Something about, "Oh, it's only my (son, daughter, brother, sister, etc.) they don't need to be paid back. They'll understand." And on and on.

And if you do help a family member out once, now you're a savings and loan, or a hotel, or an emotional tampon, etc. They don't understand, or care, that you have a life too that's also full or challenges.

I'm not looking for sympathy but to validate my point, I had one parent take out two credit cards in my name and default on payments, had their bankruptcy end up on my credit report, "borrowed" all my lawn cutting money for the summer I was saving to buy a new bike (I was 13) and never repaid it, and asked me for money on the regular once I became an adult. The other parent started businesses and bought and sold houses but never offered one cent for my college education. This parent also used college tuition money that was willed to me as a minor on a business she started and failed with and never repaid the money.

Heed my warning.

~Dash
I've used Mr. Wonderful's approach when a family member asks for money. When a relative asks for a loan I tell them that I'll gift them triple the amount, meaning that I don't want it back. I also want to know nothing about where it goes and we are to never speak of it again. The caveat is that this is a one time event, and any future asks will be ignored/denied. Of course there are people that will come back and ask again, but I find that doing this lowers the chances and keeps money from ruining family ties.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Activists aren't reliable
And a man invites further turmoil into his life, by buying into everything he hears out of them, instead of subjecting their assertions to the same rigor and skepticism we apply to what we hear out of cable news

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see most of these lessons as harsh
All a matter of the way in which one thinks of such things. They CAN be harsh, if one does what's currently en vogue right now, by endlessy thinking to themselves: "This is awful, horrible, and unbearable... The Satanic System we live under MUST be overhauled and rebuilt from the ground up, so that we can enjoy a Utopia, free of all suffering and injustice"

By contrast, it's empowering(Over and misused as that word often is)to recognize: "No one else but me was put on this Earth to get my needs and desires met. Therefore, it's imperative that I set concrete, tangible goals, and craft viable strategies for achieving them. As well as encouraging my fellow humans to do likewise". This is the way ALL human progress happens

inquisitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see most of these lessons as harsh. In fact upon learning they will relieve you of a great burden. It's delusion that causes suffering.
I used the wording in my question to invoke the feeling, because often the lessons we need to hear and learn are quite harsh - not usually aligned in our own way of thinking that is, in a healthy way, harsh to the ego, harsh to an old way of thinking, harsh for an old self that it must leave and be replaced by a new one.

inquisitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Inquisitor,
As if being born in a very poor Country isn't enough,you are burdened by poor health....Seems you have been dealt a poor hand in lifes card game,sadly you have no other choice but to make the most of it....As you have seen for yourself,your only way out would seem to be higher education,if you possibly can get out of the Phillipines,pleasant and kind as its people are,it is grindingly poor and corrupt...Are their any chances of a Scholarship in the West?....Have you wisely chosen your future career?....To what extent will your Health problems affect your emigration options?
How much better do you think, is a career in the West? Or at least what makes a career in the West more helpful? Speaking from your experiences and where you came from, anyway.