The Harshest Lesson/s Life Taught You (so far)

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That sometimes, your close friends can be more loyal to you than some of your family. That within despair, the obstacle truly can become the way. That nobody, absolutely nobody, is going to do for you what you are not willing to do for yourself. That as long as you are still breathing, anything is possible. That sometimes, you have to concede the battle to win the larger fight. That you have to accept people and circumstances in their reality.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Inquisitor,
In your post you say,"being in a third-world country and needing to establish my own generational wealth".....having visited the Philipines for a month before Covid,the level of poverty surprised me....You are not going to make the wealth you seek over there...Your average income is $3.499 even compared to similar Nations like Malaysia at $11.993,earnings wise it's not the place to be...Countries like Canada at$55.021 and Australia at$53.970 provide much better opportunities...Good Luck!

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
A man has no reasonable expectation of being received warmly, much less respected, if he doesn't at least try to LOOK like a high roller

Decades of business casual (Men who grew up in The 80s and 90s, how many times did you see your pops wear a suit? And when he did, was it Armani or the like, or the cheapest thing off the rack? Let's be honest)being a euphemism for "Every f-cking thing is A-OK" + celebrities and tech bros encouraging everyone that it's cool to look like a hobo has created an atmosphere where every guy now putting zero effort into his public image = Self expression

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
A man has no reasonable expectation of being received warmly, much less respected, if he doesn't at least try to LOOK like a high roller

Decades of business casual (Men who grew up in The 80s and 90s, how many times did you see your pops wear a suit? And when he did, was it Armani or the like, or the cheapest thing off the rack? Let's be honest)being a euphemism for "Every f-cking thing is A-OK" + celebrities and tech bros encouraging everyone that it's cool to look like a hobo has created an atmosphere where every guy now putting zero effort into his public image = Self expression
I would just add that WFH also accelerated to the change to ultra “casual.”

I work hybrid. Staff gets so used to anything goes dressing for WFH that they aren’t inclined to dress up too much on their in-office days either.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

I work hybrid. Staff gets so used to anything goes dressing for WFH that they aren’t inclined to dress up too much on their in-office days either.
All true. As has been mentioned elsewhere https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...thing-better-comes-along.282363/#post-3121715 , it ain't just men who scoff at so-called Looksmaxxing either

The advent of Whale Tail during the late 90s-early 2000s https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_tail laid the groundwork for the world we have today, where entirely too many women who aren't celebrities think this https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ki-turns-heads-string-bikini-Bondi-Beach.html is perfectly acceptable

And anyone who dares to say "That's too much" out loud is reflexively labelled a trad con

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

This trend was already becoming noticeable in The early 10s https://www.badgerandblade.com/foru...0-years-ago-just-plain-and-drab.303516/page-3

In hindsight, a phenomena similar to what occurred between The late 80s-early 90s seems to have taken place in our era also: Just as the sleek cuts of Armani showcased in American Gigolo and Miami Vice gave way to the dingy look of Hair Metal as that decade drew to a close, which then went even further awry with the Grunge Aesthetic and Heroin Chic of The 90s, the mid-10s were dark days which the polished look embodied by Suits and Mad Men gave way to what I'm going to refer to Gamergate Chic and the Instathot look

DJ Novice

Don Juan
Reaction score
The money, energy, effort, time etc. sunk into women is rarely worth the quality and quantity of bedroom action in the long run. Laziness, selfishness, the lure of new p*ssy and hedonic adaptation are never beaten. Most romantic relationships are value exchanges so know when they are becoming an unacceptable net loss to you and take action to rectify it or end it.
Peace, quiet, independence and freedom will become more important to you as you get older and your testosterone levels decline. You will tolerate less bullsh*t from women and if they don’t meet your bedroom and other needs you won’t hesitate to pull the ripcord.