//The Chronicles of BPH\\

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
A lot of people omit the deadlift because of the long-term damage it does to spines. If anyone knows a good substitute I'd love to hear it.
This is only for people with scoilis?
If not, then link me.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4/2/11

First off, wow, didn't know this site only had a 10 post limit per day.

The football game ended up being a flop, 3 people showed up total, 2 of them were an hour after the first bailed so I didn't see much of a point. Didn't even go.

Signed up for a stock market game using play money. Looks pretty good and functional, absolutely no idea what I'm doing so I'd like people to advise me otherwise I'll just make mistakes with the play money while I figure it out.

Still working on dealing with the breakout, got a SS day today, taking a passport picture because my mom wants to take us all to Amsterdam...

I for one, hate flying, especially since 9/11 and hearing about all these plane crashes, so I don't really want to go to Amsterdam. But I think traveling around the world would be a good experience for me nonetheless.

Leave your opinions on this.

Going to chill with my friend on Main St. later today. Hopefully I can do some approaches down there. Still got my stuffy nose so that might suck a bit. Might see a movie down there with him since I wanna see SuckerPunch.

Talk to you dudes later

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started that stock market thing in business last week. Im probably gonna use the same website as you are using this week. Just play and learn. Do some research.

Your belief about flying has no grounding really, flying is as dangerous as taking the car to school, or less.

And this is for you. (I know you have some spinal injury, so I dont know about the deadlift. Do some research and see if your injury is permanent, etc. I think that deadlifting untill it starts hurting will only help, as you create a stronger support for it by strengthening your lower back.
http://stronglifts.com/how-to-deadlift-with-proper-technique/
http://stronglifts.com/how-to-squat-with-proper-technique-fix-common-problems/

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started that stock market thing in business last week. Im probably gonna use the same website as you are using this week. Just play and learn. Do some research.
What gets me about the stock market thing is the fact that I have no idea where to start or what to look for. All I know are a few companies that do well (Google, Apple)

EID: Also I read the deadlift page. Useful information, but I would learn best from pictures or videos of the correct form. I watched a few on YouTube and I emulated the first result if you search "deadlift proper form"

YoYoRocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
A lot of people omit the deadlift because of the long-term damage it does to spines. If anyone knows a good substitute I'd love to hear it.

Why don't you consult a physician, physical trainer, or a doctor. These are questions that you need to ask them.

We're just newbies and kids.

There might be conditions that you are unaware of that might need medical attention in regards to deadlifts and scoliosis.

We don't know all the details, and this is your health and future that your "gambling" by asking online. IMO, your best bet would be to go to a health professional and seek advice from them.

I'd speak to someone who has specialized in weight training or scoliosis rather than a general physician.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4/3/11

Somebody tell me about the Don Juan Boot Camp? It seems like something I should do.

My friend didn't hit me back up in time and I didn't end up going because my parents were my rides and they were both out.

Next weekend, no matter who comes or doesn't come with me, I will go on Main St. and have f***ing fun. Hopefully I can make a few friends while I'm at it, considering how boring my current ones are becoming.

Starting Strength:
3x5x150 Bench
3x5x175 Squat
1x5x150 Deadlift

Not much else going on I suppose. Get back to me on the DJ Boot Camp thing, I have it downloaded already. Expanding social circle is up next.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4/4/11

Got my passport today, I'l probably be going to Amsterdam this summer or something, I don't know. I recently just s*** a f***in brick...I wrote a 6 page research paper and it only saved the first 2 pages. Thankfully my brother found a way to recover it, I was so sweaty and upset after I thought it got deleted (LOL).

Since not much else happened today, let's look at goals:

Getting Laid

Workin on it. Not too many other girls I'd be willing to bone in my school right now. If possible I'd like to get laid before my birthday on the 27th of this month. I prefer losing it at 16 instead of 17.

Learning Stock Market

Ok so in that play money stock market game I bought 100 shares of a stock with the symbol GOLD, some kinda resource company. Went down 2% and I have no idea what else or how much I should buy from anything. Might as well make my mistakes with fake money...

Boxing

Gonna request gloves, a mouthpiece, and hand wraps for my birthday. Seems like something I would really enjoy or be good at, having been a sparring champion in my karate school and enjoying contact sports. Got real bored yesterday and shadowboxed a tree with the sparring gloves.

Expanding Social Circle

Here's my issue...I'm not afraid of approaching these guys and making friends with them...but I try to befriend people I want to emulate, people that have a quality that I desire, somebody that will help develop my character. And I don't really know anybody fun or cool like that in my school with the exception of a few people who are either already my friends or stoners. Tell me how to approach that anybody.

Aside from that, somebody tell me if the Don Juan Boot Camp from the DJ Bible is worth my time. I don't want to become dependent on material but this looks like it may help since it requires my own action.

Review and tell me your thoughts guys.

@Norwegian: I read about you having a workout playlist, did you buy all those songs? If not, where did you get them onto your iPod or whatever?

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You didnt click my link or answer my question.
Do MOTUs bootcamp, download the link, answer my question, and be fullfilled.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4/5/11

Nothing really went on today...

My stock is up, I'd be making a 491$ profit if I sell now :D

Anyway SS:

3x5x155 Bench (struggling a bit on the last few reps of this weight)
3x5x180 Squat
3x5x110 Power Clean

I found this thing called the 300 Workout after a teacher saw me weightlifting today. Anybody heard of it? It's a pretty inhuman routine developed by Mark Twight and is NOT a sanctionted fitness routine. Nevertheless it looks like something I'd be stupid enough to try unless I was disuaded.

Tell me about the DJ Boot Camp Norwegian, there's the one you sent me and the one I found in the Bible? What are the differences and are either of them worth doing?

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MOTUs bootcamp is the same one as the one you're talking about. He created it.
The link is not to the bootcamp, it's to an youtube to mp3 converter.
Check out AAAgent or Credos log in the health forum, one of them is doing the 300 workout at times.

Also you shouldn't power clean as much as you do. You're most likely lifting too much on it and not using proper form.