//The Chronicles of BPH\\

Bum

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a lot easier said than done broski but you gotta just keep your spirits high. Its so much easier to socialize/game when you're in your best possible mood.

What it sounds like is that you need to is branch out and network, like you said. Just make friends with everyone. Talk to the popular guys and get on a friendly status with them. Networking does so many good things for you. It opens social doors like nothing else. The more people you know, the more girls you know/can connect with, the more parties you know about, the more activities and fun you can have. It's all about being a social butterfly. I feel like this is a good place to begin definitely. I found that over the past couple years in my experience, I had much more social opportunities when I would hang out with my friend's friend, and meet his friends, and the group they hung out with, and the girls they hung out with, etc. In essence, game some guys... this is going to help in many areas.

Anyway I always feel awkward when out by myself. Take out your friends or someone who's also smooth with the ladies. About feeling awkward approaching, that's something we all inevitably experience at one point or another. Experience will kill that awkwardness. Just go in with a huge ****y smile while approaching groups and have light-hearted, friendly conversation. There's no goals in mind here - just approach and talk like you would with a group of friends you've known for a while.

Good luck man and keep at it. If you have modeling opportunities then the girls will undoubtedly come your way.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bum said:
It's a lot easier said than done broski but you gotta just keep your spirits high. Its so much easier to socialize/game when you're in your best possible mood.

What it sounds like is that you need to is branch out and network, like you said. Just make friends with everyone. Talk to the popular guys and get on a friendly status with them. Networking does so many good things for you. It opens social doors like nothing else. The more people you know, the more girls you know/can connect with, the more parties you know about, the more activities and fun you can have. It's all about being a social butterfly. I feel like this is a good place to begin definitely. I found that over the past couple years in my experience, I had much more social opportunities when I would hang out with my friend's friend, and meet his friends, and the group they hung out with, and the girls they hung out with, etc. In essence, game some guys... this is going to help in many areas.

Anyway I always feel awkward when out by myself. Take out your friends or someone who's also smooth with the ladies. About feeling awkward approaching, that's something we all inevitably experience at one point or another. Experience will kill that awkwardness. Just go in with a huge ****y smile while approaching groups and have light-hearted, friendly conversation. There's no goals in mind here - just approach and talk like you would with a group of friends you've known for a while.

Good luck man and keep at it. If you have modeling opportunities then the girls will undoubtedly come your way.
7/5/11

Thanks for the uplifting comments, but nonetheless my life is hitting a bit of a rough patch lately.

It started out fine and boring; work, didn't workout in order to eat for football, didn't do sprints because of football.

But football today was absolutely brutal, and I nearly cried by te end of the games.

First game was fine, we lost by a little bit. Made 2 catches, screwed up my assignments on defense a few times and was withdrawn as a results.

The second game was where I got really upset. At first I was fine, swatted 2 balls and got in the way of another. This doesn't please me though, my team acts like I made a great play and I think about how they react when somebody better makes the same play; they do nothing more than pat them on the back...why? Because they expect that from them, not from me.

That thought makes me feel like s****. Later in the game I was messing up real badly; I had 5 passes that I can remember being thrown to me:

1. Too high and to the left, in reality if I knew that I was the target I probably could have gone and got it
2. I ran a hail mary and I didn't turn around when the ball was coming to me, I was still trying to get into the endzone when the ball landed behind me
3. Interference on the opposing team
4. Dropped a pass that would have gotten us a touchdown...
5. Dropped another pass by trying to catch it with my chest...

Number 5 was when I got taken out again. I walked off the field and knelt in silence while I tried to hold back my tears...I'm tellin you it feels awful. I watched my team eventually win the game with an interception in overtime. I felt no joy, I don't really care if my team wins if I don't feel like I contributed.

At this point I have an expectation of myself. I'm busting my a** day in day out at the gym, running for endurance, eating twice the amount a normal person does and here I am - starting senior, leader of the team, doing worse that I had since I'd started playing for the school.

It just makes me wonder if I have what it takes to give this school a winning team. I want to be a part of a win, not just on the same team as the winners.

This may not sound very upsetting to you guys, but this is unaccetable in my eyes.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm working out, maybe seeing a girl. Was gonna hit her up today, but nothing is accomplished when I'm in a bad mood such as this one...

Goodnight guys

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I might have missed this, but doesn't your team get any conditioning? Or practice, for that matter.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NorwegianDJ said:
Well, I dont see you practicing throws, catching and positioning on your free time.
I do, just nowhere near as much as weight and endurance training, I didn't think it would turn out to be this much of a problem.

And amohield, not really, there was the weight room during the school year but now this 7 on 7 league is the closest thing we have to conditioning.

Last edited:

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
7/6/11

Fine day, not much happened but it was just an ok boring day.

After work my siblings had over a few friends; Zach, Max and Jada, and spent a lot of time in the pool. Got some pizza, chilled out, that was fun.

There was that girl I was supposed to chill with today, that plan ultimately got screwed up and rescheduled for late on Saturday.

Another girl may be coming to hang out in the next 2 days, see how that goes.

Otherwise I have to just go out and sarge some more.

Goodnight guys, not much happened today.

EDIT: No workout or sprints today, still in pain from my football league game. Squats were hurting my knee and my muscles were sore and weak overall, ankles a sprain. Annoys me that I'm missing a workout, but I'm thinking about injury possibilities.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
7/7/11

Normal day, still sore from Tuesday and my workout suffered as a result. On the plus side I finally found a site that lists all of the legitimate modeling agencies by state. The downside to this is that there is only ONE agency in Delaware. The other plus side is that there are a few in PA that I can visit.

Took some headshots again today, but it wasn't the best as far as lighting so I'll surely take some tomorrow.

I wanted to go to the mall today with some friends, but all of them had work or couldn't come, so I didn't go myself this time. I'll probably go on Saturday with Khayree if I'm not hanging out with HB Lauren.

Update on the girls:

HB Lauren: Nothing new, I'll talk to her Saturday.

HB Vicky: Grandpa's dying which is why I haven't heard from her in a few days. Sad, but it seemed like she was on the verge as using me as an emotional tampon, so I gracefully ejected from that text convo.

HB Amanda P: Called her, she answered and instantly hung up, texted her "Ouch" to which I got no reply. F*** her.

HB Ally: The girl from the mall, turns out she had a boyfriend back in NY, so I just stopped wasting my time talking to her.

Read the Worst AFC Moments thread in the Archive, I have a great one to contribute if I ever find the time to type the whole thing up.

Well anyway, here's the workout:

3x6x185 Squat
3x6x135 Bench
1x5x165 Deadlift

12x20 Renegade Rows (6 on each hand)
12x20 Squat Press
24x70 Pole Push (12 each shoulder)
15 Box Jump
15 Speed Bench Jump
15 Power Bench Jump
24x80 Plank Pull (12 each arm, good form)
24x80 Throw Downs
15x25 Box Step
15x25 Box Sit

No sprints today, ankle a bit sprained from football.

Starting today, I want to compile a short to-do list that will help me achieve short-term and long-term goals of mine.

To Do List:

Pick up and submit applications for jobs at my shopping center

Take decent headshot pictures to submit to agencies

Do Willie's killer workout tomorrow at 7

Get my scoliosis x-rayed again

Go sarge the mall a bit if time allows

That's about all I got for you guys, goodnight everybody.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
7/8/11

You've gotta be f***ing kidding me, I shouldn't have to type this whole f***ing thing up a second time...ahh for god sake whatever...

I'm just gonna type up my text convo with HB Lauren and let you tell me what to think of it, cause I can't type this whole god damn day again:

Me: *calls her, no answer*
HB: Hey, did you just call me? I wasnt with my phone
Me: Yea I was gonna ask if I should expect you tomorrow
HB: I work until 8 again. I thought I only worked until 4, but I was wrong
Me: That sucks. Well make me an offer then
Me: *20 minutes or so later* Ugh never mind I get the hint
HB: Wait, what?
Me: I just feel like im being blown off
HB: No, i just have been busy with bc i took off all last week. Sorry :(
Me: Alright well can you hang out sunday sometime after noon?
HB: Sunday I work all day 11-close. I swear im not blowing you off haha. Do you have a YMCA membership?
Me: Nope. If they have day passes i coud buy one and go...depending on why youre asking lol
HB: Haha well bc i live like there os if itd be easy to do that during the week, bc i feel bad. haha
Me: You want to hang out at a fitness center?
HB: They have a pool, tard
Me: Indoor or outdoor?
HB: They have both?
Me: Lol ok. When?
HB: Haha I dunno, when?
Me: Whenever its hot out lol. But how much is it to go for one day?
HB: Its ten bucks for a day haha
Me: Thats not too steep. When dont you have work so we can do this tho?
HB: I'll get my schedule for next week tomorrow.
Me: Ok

This is the girl that flaked on bowling easlier this week. I know this isn't the smoothest convo in the world but I just want to know how bad it was. Namely because of her "feeling bad" or taking pity on me for thinking she's blowing me off.

Please reply to this one guys.

Otherwise I am not typing up the rest of this report right now, it pisses me off that I have to log in everytime I type something long...even though I'm already logged in. It pisses me off even more when it says the link is invalid...

Maybe later, see you guys.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're blowing yourself off. Dont.

and she clearly doesnt wanna be in charge; go be in charge.

Pair A Dice

Don Juan
Reaction score
My responses are in bold.

BPH said:
7/8/11
Me: *calls her, no answer*
HB: Hey, did you just call me? I wasnt with my phone
Me: Yea I was gonna ask if I should expect you tomorrow
HB: I work until 8 again. I thought I only worked until 4, but I was wrong
Me: That sucks. Well make me an offer then

You should have just stopped at 'That sucks.' Let her respond to you without trying to force a 'Well, make me an offer then.

Me: *20 minutes or so later* Ugh never mind I get the hint
HB: Wait, what?
Me: I just feel like im being blown off

Way, way too needy here. Even if it does bother you, don't let her know that.

HB: No, i just have been busy with bc i took off all last week. Sorry :(
Me: Alright well can you hang out sunday sometime after noon?
HB: Sunday I work all day 11-close. I swear im not blowing you off haha. Do you have a YMCA membership?
Me: Nope. If they have day passes i coud buy one and go...depending on why youre asking lol

You began to save yourself here. That '...depending on why you're asking' is a good response.

HB: Haha well bc i live like there os if itd be easy to do that during the week, bc i feel bad. haha
Me: You want to hang out at a fitness center?
HB: They have a pool, tard
Me: Indoor or outdoor?
HB: They have both?
Me: Lol ok. When?
HB: Haha I dunno, when?
Me: Whenever its hot out lol. But how much is it to go for one day?
HB: Its ten bucks for a day haha
Me: Thats not too steep. When dont you have work so we can do this tho?
HB: I'll get my schedule for next week tomorrow.
Me: Ok

You need to take charge of the situation. It's always going to be hot out in the summer. If/once she lets you know her schedule, pick a time and date. If she doesn't or can't do it. Oh well. Move on.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
7/9/11

Thank you guys for the insight on the text convo. It pretty much just confirmed what I thought, but nonetheless I appreciate replies when I ask for them.

Anyway, today I got s*** done!

Went out to each and every store in my shopping center and asked for applications. I think I have 7 applications, 3 people asked me to write down my name and number, and at least 2 disqualified me because I'm under 18. I even picked up applications from places like a nail salon and gift shop. I filled out a few of those applications and plan to turn them in tomorrow after Willie's morning workout.

Tried to go tanning, but the Sun was burning through my eyelids when it was out and often fell behind clouds, so screw that. I think I actually want to go to a tanning salon or solarium to get something all over. I have a tanline where my boxers would be, and I just don't like it.

Didn't try in my contacts, I know I have to though.

I went to the mall with my friend Will intent on sarging. Problem was there were no cute girls that I wanted to approach. Sure there might have been 2 or 3 HB8s...maybe 7.5s, I just didn't think any of the girls I saw today were hot. Therefore I ran no approaches and got no numbers. Some small events here and there while out with Will, but nothing really worth mentioning.

Went to ****'s to look at football cleats, but none were available for being tried on as far as I know, so screw that. I also could have picked up an application for Pier 1 Imports, but the inside of that place and the smells are just way too feminine to be constantly surrounded by.

I also took a really decent headshot today and picked up our broken laptop from the tech store.

In other news there are 2 cute girls on myyearbook that live nearby, hopefully I can play em on the side and get them to hang out. I just really need a party or place to sarge...my summer is severely lacking in girls and friends.

Early morning tomorrow, so goodnight all.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
7/10/11

I stand corrected...THIS was the toughest workout I ever endured. Willie really kicks all our a**es like never before..

200 push-ups
200 squats with 35lb plates

10 stations 2 minutes each with 1 minute break

8 sprints across the parking lot and back

I won't get into detail, but the stations are really hellish when they have to be taken non-stop. As a result, I did not do my regular workout today and I sure as hell didn't run anymore sprints.

In fact, I didn't do much today. I originally planned to turn in my applications, but I will do that first thing tomorrow after work since some of the places were closed and my parents wouldn't provide a ride early enough for me to meet the manager at a place or 2.

I tried to find a friend to throw the football around with, nobody available. Tried throwing it and catching it up by the pool while I was tanning, but that was awkward with the sun in my eyes.

Read the 29 Reasons thing that BetterOffSingle posted, basic stuff but well explained. On Reason 12. Seems like a very good PUA, but my ideals differ from his in that he seeks marriage while I don't even consider the term yet.

Ah well, possible date with HB Lauren tomorrow some time after work. It would be at the pool at the YMCA, any tips on how to run that would be useful. I'd like to at least make out with her and I just feel like she would find that awkward to do in front of others (such as the lifeguard).

Reply about the above please.

Goodnight everybody.

EDIT: F***, I was looking through some of HB Lauren's pics...and she's pretty hot and all but I noticed she has braces...somebody tell me how that affects the kissing?

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Braces dont affect anything.
Try isolating her, but it's worth a shot, going for it while other people are around, like if you cant isolate her until the end of the date.

Pair A Dice

Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
Ah well, possible date with HB Lauren tomorrow some time after work. It would be at the pool at the YMCA, any tips on how to run that would be useful. I'd like to at least make out with her and I just feel like she would find that awkward to do in front of others (such as the lifeguard).
Just kick it like you know how to. You're a football player. Have THAT confidence. She'll dig it. Don't try to kiss her at the pool. Wait until you're in a secluded place like a car or behind the building or something. Keep building attraction like you know how. You got this.

N_SEAL44

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a lifeguard, I've seen people have sex in the water. Makeouts are the least of our worries haha

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
N_SEAL44 said:
I'm a lifeguard, I've seen people have sex in the water. Makeouts are the least of our worries haha
7/11/11

That honestly made me laugh SEAL. Lifeguard at a pool or at the ocean? One makes sense while the other is just plain weird.

Anyway, HB Lauren flaked...it became overly complicated and plans changed left and right. I suggested we hang out at that playground that's near the YMCA (I used to play there when I was a kid, nice memories) and she replied with "I told you I dont wanna go to the park. haha". I know it may be creepy to meet her in such a lonely place, but it's obvious the girl doesn't have enough interest in me to go anyway. So I'm nexting her until further notice.

Tried to throw some passes around today...didn't work out so well. I jammed one of my fingers on a catch early and soon he had to go home, so I just went home and spent most of my time on the computer reading BetterOffSingle's 29 Reasons and talking to one my natural friends.

Basically I just really have to find out where the girls are these days and sarge over and over again because right now I am not satisfied with my summer. I did set up something with a girl from the beach that I made out with last year. She remembers me, and although she has a boyfriend I suggested that they and my friends go to the under 21 club when we go down there in a week. I figure it'll be nice social proof.

Talked to HB Caroline, girl from my elementary school days, hopefully we can hang out before I leave on Saturday. I have her number sitting in my phone.

To Do List:

Workout

Football (catch my passes this time)

Dentist appointment

Buy a hat (when I was at the mall with Will I found that I look really good with a backwards cap)

Not much else I can add here, Tuesday is always pressed for time between football, work, workouts, and whatever else is sprinkled in.

Before I leave, I would like to say that applying lemon topically to my face every night my acne has now completely cleared. Just an FYI for those that have some mild acne that annoys them.

Goodnight guys.

Bum

Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
Before I leave, I would like to say that applying lemon topically to my face every night my acne has now completely cleared.
How exactly do you apply it? Do you squeeze a lemon onto your face? haha... or like juice it then apply it and wash it off? Not quite clear.

N_SEAL44

Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
7/11/11

That honestly made me laugh SEAL. Lifeguard at a pool or at the ocean? One makes sense while the other is just plain weird.

I lifeguard at a lake.

The lemon trick looks interesting, I'll have to try it.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
7/12/11

Busy day.

Kevin wasn't at work today so I was forced to handle the workload myself. It's awful how hot it gets in the hallways at the school.

Went from this straight to a workout, didn't do Willie's extra stuff because I wanted enough time to get a good meal in and not have so many aches and pains:

3x5x210 Squat
3x5x85 Press
5x3x110 Power Clean

After that I had a dentist appointment and football soonafter. Football itself wasn't too great and I don't really expect to do well until I have pads on and can hit. This time I dropped one pass and didn't quite make it to the other. Still sliding, definitely need some cleats.

We played Charter, my old high school. There was this guy, Kyong Su that I had a feud with my freshman year. He's an aggressive kid, often has a problem with somebody, well anyway he was on the Charter team. We're all hitting hands at the end, saying "good game" and when I pass him he calls me "b**** boy". Surprised at how he still carries a grudge, talked to Willie after the game, told him about his player and says he'll have a talk with him.

Supposed to hang out with HB Caroline today. Pack up bags for the beach and go to the mall or Main St. to sarge.

Talk to you guys later.