The aftermath of the "Mystery Method" and "The Pickup Artist"

zen511

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I am completly offbase, maybe this has been discussed in the past, but I am simply wondering now that these methods seem to have become mainstream and visible to the public how will it affect us.

I am just throwing this out there in a rather zen like stoned state, but if we viewed women as an economic consumer and the product of consumption is men, after all we are all selling ourselves. We might be in some serious trouble.

The market itself moves in a positive direction when there are uneducated consumers present, if the consumers themselves are educated they compensate for what was once unknown to them, thus creating a shift in the market to another completly different consumption curve.

If I am correct at all does this mean we should be trying to find new and cutting edge "techniques" to offset this possible shift and stay ahead of the bell curve.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all a plot to wipe "The Community" off the face of the Earth. In the 90's there was a book called "The Rules" That basically was a manual of sh1t-tests for women to run on men. A few years ago "The Game" was published which told everyone about The Community and it's players. NOW The Pickup Artist is available to EVERY person who has access to VH-1. Every person both men and women will watch the show. Men all over the world will ask every woman they encounter if they saw the two women outside fighting. Every woman in the world will offer to buy the guy a drink if he promises to stop telling them stories and then sneak away forever after telling the guy to wait at the bar for their drinks. This will also cause mass pandemonium, dogs and cats will begin sleeping with one another and will cancel out the species. We're all doomed.... :nervous:

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Stay away from gimmicks and techniques and scripted material and it won't be an issue.

Everyone thought that the same thing when Style's book came out, and to an extent, girls started hearing the same openers night after night and had guy after guy demonstrating things like "The Cube" and "Pick a number between 1 and 4" and all those other cold read gimmicks.

Now, there is talk of a movie based on the book by Style so it will become even more mainstream and of all the community "secrets" will be out.

Soon, anyone running "The Cube" will be laughed at and branded as a fake, as will anyone else running other peoples routines and using gimmicks.

Develop your inner game and throw away these crutches such as cold reads and all this other crap.

It's all fake BS anyways and will prevent you from truly progressing as a DJ and it's only a matter of time before every HB hears and sees these "methods" demonstrated night after night, so just "keep it real" and fix your inner game so you don't need to depend on these crutches.

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
These shows make real men stand out since they don't need "game"

IceBreaker

Don Juan
Reaction score
then buy my products which will come out soon!

lol. :D

joking... what mystery's doing is good, he provides more challenge, we just won't use the same "techniques" the same way, we just have to improve on it. It makes us better "hunters" haha. what i'm trying to say is, it makes us internalize the pickup mentality, rather than becoming a social robot (which isn't cool) which leaves us wondering what we're doing wrong! (damnit, i've been doing excactly what they saying, word by word, why isn't it working).

pick up is about mentality, go back into the vh1 the pickup artist... they changed - they didn't say, i learnt better techniques, i'm going to meet more woman. they're saying. "i can't even recognize myself - they've taken everything we are, and torn it apart". Mystery changed their lifestyle. or stylelife... he seems to like doing alot of that kind of thing.

venser

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nonetheless you can't argue that the world didn't get a whole lot harder after "the pickup artist".

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, not really. Those guys on the show aren't that good either, fake fur coat and that dumb **** is just outer game...Granted they did improve some but not "master pua's":kick:

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not worried.
If there is anything I've garnered from this and other similar sites, it's inner growth, self-acceptance, and some semblance of peace of mind. These are goals I've worked towards for the last 2 or 3 years now, and that has had a greater impact on my "game" than any stupid-**** rehearsed, canned line that every ****, Tom and Harry is using out in the field.

The crap they do on VH1 is for dweebs who can't think for themselves.

Posters such a Pook, Senor Fingers, et al....these are the people who have rekindled my spirit. And with that comes the lust for life that invites success in everything else you do.

JDA70

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That show was way over due.
The thing is...is that 7, 8, 9, out of 10 guys have no
game what so ever and they aren't doing anything about it and never will.
The last episode was the best because Kosmos
and that other dude had to become the teachers and alot of guys will see
that and learn that you need to have your inner and outer game right.
Not only that but more guys will now be looking into becoming MEN instead of being AFCs.
Sure they will start out with indirect game which is what MM is using but it's
not a big deal as every one has to start somewhere.

What about the ladies you ask?
Let's get real here, the girls know we have an agenda but
they want to be approached. We are talking relationships and sex here
and they want that just as much as we do if not more.
It's a positive for them because they now
can better seperate the men from the chumps.
It clears things up a bit. Shows whos got the stones and who doesn't.

Incremental

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, one of the girls I'm seeing watches the show religiously. Every now and again she'll ask me to tell her a story.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
Francisco d'Anconia said:
It's all a plot to wipe "The Community" off the face of the Earth. In the 90's there was a book called "The Rules" That basically was a manual of sh1t-tests for women to run on men. A few years ago "The Game" was published which told everyone about The Community and it's players. NOW The Pickup Artist is available to EVERY person who has access to VH-1. Every person both men and women will watch the show. Men all over the world will ask every woman they encounter if they saw the two women outside fighting. Every woman in the world will offer to buy the guy a drink if he promises to stop telling them stories and then sneak away forever after telling the guy to wait at the bar for their drinks. This will also cause mass pandemonium, dogs and cats will begin sleeping with one another and will cancel out the species. We're all doomed.... :nervous:
Yes, and every woman will become a lesbian. ANd we'll have a woman dictator president who will mandate that all men be castrated except for the few who will be preserved for breeding purposes. :nervous:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evolve or masturbate.

Natural selection isn't about the 'survival of the fittest, it's about survival of the species best able to adapt to a changing environment. Relying on one rigid, autonomous methodology (i.e. PUA scripts) is a recipe for disaster. You have to develop new methodologies that reflect the change in environment. It's time to learn new tricks, time to learn to adapt - this is what separates the DJ from the PUA - adaptations, innovation, etc. I'll only add that, once you do perfect a new methodology, try to keep it secret a bit longer that Mystery & friends this time.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
Derek Flint said:
Stay away from gimmicks and techniques and scripted material and it won't be an issue.

Everyone thought that the same thing when Style's book came out, and to an extent, girls started hearing the same openers night after night and had guy after guy demonstrating things like "The Cube" and "Pick a number between 1 and 4" and all those other cold read gimmicks.

Now, there is talk of a movie based on the book by Style so it will become even more mainstream and of all the community "secrets" will be out.

Soon, anyone running "The Cube" will be laughed at and branded as a fake, as will anyone else running other peoples routines and using gimmicks.

Develop your inner game and throw away these crutches such as cold reads and all this other crap.

It's all fake BS anyways and will prevent you from truly progressing as a DJ and it's only a matter of time before every HB hears and sees these "methods" demonstrated night after night, so just "keep it real" and fix your inner game so you don't need to depend on these crutches.
Amen :woo:

domino

Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:

But really man how many people actually read books? This show is 100 times more harmful than a book, and if there is a movie that comes out then forget it this community wont be the same, it will just open doors for people to make new ways to game or instead of "negs" we will have to use compliments "afc" stuff girls will like guys who buy them flowers and buy them drinks since every guy will deny girls a drink and the only way to stand out from this is to do "afc" stuff...... oh man what if that happened we end up having to use the stuff that we were told to not do!!!!! danm Mystery he will receive the title as "the most HATED PUA in the world".

Ace_McGregor

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you come up with your own lines/routines based on the principles of what Mystery is teaching then you won't get caught. But there are a lot of lazy guys out there that will use the exact lines from the show and get busted - and rightfully so. Be original!

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Most of the stuff shown on that show was old techniques anyway. The effective principles of the game that work are the same and don't change, Things like being a challenge, being mysterious, DHV, just basically not being AFC.

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it seems like most of Mystery's terminology is the same exact words we've been using here for years!
Also his outfit looks pretty stupid to me. I would never dress like that! That being said, I still have alot of respect for what he's doing and I think he's gonna be making tons of fame and money which after all gets more chicks than anything!

JuanMoore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder how men get laid before there was a fast.seduction.com

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its Just One Method

the MM is a great way to systematically meet women in the field................but there a few others that are worthy,

Jopseph Mathews renegade report or SELF MASTERY

Ken Gorden(1990's) kenxtions--which is interestingly similar to mystery method

David Deangelo by far has the most stuff

CARLOS XUMA STUFF

NET2BED SYSTEM

SPEED DATING SECRETS-m Janssen

these are but a few.........I am sure people will mention others (swingcat, juggler, ross jefferies, and I excuse me cause I dont know all the one word nic names).

The dating black book, the dj bible, the new DaVagina code 2008, the game, etc.

ChocolateVanilla

Don Juan
Reaction score
domino said:
But really man how many people actually read books? This show is 100 times more harmful than a book, and if there is a movie that comes out then forget it this community wont be the same, it will just open doors for people to make new ways to game or instead of "negs" we will have to use compliments "afc" stuff girls will like guys who buy them flowers and buy them drinks since every guy will deny girls a drink and the only way to stand out from this is to do "afc" stuff...... oh man what if that happened we end up having to use the stuff that we were told to not do!!!!! danm Mystery he will receive the title as "the most HATED PUA in the world".

I don't even use Mystery Method so it won't hurt me in any way. It's just funny how in the past, everyone said "read Pook", or read the DJ bible, and do the DJ bootcamp, now I see more and more posts say "check out MM" instead. It just shows you how mainstream Mystery has become.