So.. Got FB Message From The EX GF.. What Should I do?

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
women will keep in touch with you just to get an ego stroke that's all. They don't care about you, they don't want you, they just want the satisfaction of knowing you are giving them attention and possibly finding out that you still want them.
I wouldn't respond.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slick101 said:
So, instead of both of us getting hurt, one of us had to end it. Im sorry it ended horrible I didnt want it to be that way

...[/B]
Womenspeek translation," I wasn't getting what I wanted so I decided to end it . I knew that one or both of us was going to get hurt and so I chose you."

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joe Stud said:
Slickers... you DO realize that she's using this "convenient" request as an excuse to make contact, right? I mean you aren't a real estate agent right? And there are other people she can ask about this matter.

If you need to respond... here's something like what you say: "Hey, kinda busy these days, but let me help you right here & now: I think the Astoria area suits your needs the best. that area is still pretty safe. Good luck! sincerely, Slick"

In the past I'd always say 100% NOT to respond to any little olive branch offers by exgfs.

But I really like Joe Stud's advice for one reason: its almost like a slap in the face to her. Here she is contacting you under the false pretense that she wants housing advice, when what she really wanted to do is check in with you and know that you still want her. And by replying in such a manner that says "XYZ is a good place to live for what your looking for, take care Slick" : your putting a proverbial b-itch slap to her email and communicating to her that her little attempts to sway you won't work.

However after that she will definitely email you back saying more useless $hit or trying to engage you in conversation and at that point I'd cut the cord.

As I'm sitting here thinking I think it would be EVEN BETTER if you respond with a one word reply.... LOL That would be classic!!!

Slick,

I wanted to ask you where I should rent a place, I'm debating between XYZ and ZYX, I think ZYX would be more safe. I also wanted to apologize for hurting you and how things ended blah blah blah. So let me know what you think and I hope your doing well.

Exgf

Your Reply:

XYZ,

Regards

Slick

---------------------------------------------

The only fear I have for you if you DO reply is it'll get that claw back in your back and make you start talking to her more often, then an email leads to a phone call, then etc.

So if you feel like your not over her and feel like an emotional wreck (which I'm guessing you do), then don't reply.

However if you are over her for the most part, then put the b-itch in her place.

And don't ever forget what a stupid c*nt that chick was to you on that family trip. I can't remember exactly what she did, but I remember she was incredibly rude and immature.

PIMP

Chromeo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Normally I would say she is just throwing that in there to get what she wants, but usually they want something tangible like a car ride, or some sort of service or favor.

Giving advice really doesnt take much effort or really have much value, so I feeling like the real intent is the bringing up of the feelings.

Simply giving her the advice and ignoring the feelings as Ease and pimpscicle said would probably press her buttons and I for see a return email focusing more on the feelings/relationship

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO I think you guys are all jaded by women, so you have some built in animosity here, and most of you are over analyzing. As I recall this breakup happened because of family/religious/cultural reasons, not because of a loss of feelings. Therefore the OP should take the high road here and be the good guy. I also feel as though she is genuinely wanting some good advice on the where she should live matter. Now, is she trying to get a response out of the OP about the breakup? Sounds like it, but I dont think it's THAT big of a deal.

If I were you I would respond with this:
-------------

Hey Ex,

How's it going? Hope all is well. Things are great with me! As far as the the question about where you should live blah blah blah........

Well, hope that helps and see you around!

OP
---------------

Don't bring up the relationship and as Ben Affleck would say in one of my favorite movies.....Boiler Room, "ACT AS IF" everything is great and you couldn't be better.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
Not replying is ok, but you want to reply. You dont have to explain yourself to anyone here.

If you wana be clever about this, ignore the whole breakup topic. Give her advice about the house and ignore the rest. The wrong thing to do is fall for the trap and spill your feelings, thats what she wants.

Then if she brings it up again in her reply, you know she's still thinking about you ;)
Nooooooo!!!

Like f283000 said, replying is falling into the trap!!

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
I don't keep up with any of my exes. Sorry. But don't reply.

Case closed. Move forward.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's not point. You wanted more than friendship with this woman and you didn't get it. A friendship with her is only going to further your desire to be with her again. She dumped you and she doesn't want to feel hated. If I wanted to be civil I'd do what Cordon did, give her a 1 or 2 sentence on good places to live and THAT'S IT. That would be IF you wanted to prove you didn't hate her. Ask yourself this though: Why do I need to prove ANYTHING to her? Will it enrich my life if I act like a "good guy" towards her just to make her feel better about herself?

I'd just move on with my life and not even contact her at all. What do YOU feel like doing...really?

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i respect all of your advices... I didnt respond back to her... But honestly I dont even want to respond...

I mean I COULD TEST THE WATER and reply back with 1 word response.. Or a sentence response on where to live like joe stud and pimpsicle stated...

But then I feel like I will be waiting for her response now to see how she is holding.. Then I'll be in another "mind game"

1) Will she message me back?
2) What if she doesnt?
3) And if she does what to I do?
4) How will I feel?

All those type of questions will arise... Im not 100% over her... But I'm der 75% To be honest!...

IF I DO RESPOND THO WHAT I THINK SHE WILL SAY IS THIS

"Thanks alot Alex, I really appreciate your advise, Im just busy with school now and work, and I needed an opinion. If you ever need help with school or work or anything, you know Im always here and you can ask me to help you. I dont hate you Alex, so dont think I do, Im sorry we ended like that. But I hope your doing well. Stay motivated and Good luck with everything and remember Im here if you need me"

~EX GIRLFRIEND

This is what My intuition is telling me.... I put myself in her shoes now... Now if she responds like that to me... (FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE SAYING TO RESPOND TO HER) ...What do you think that reply meant?....

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slick101 said:
i respect all of your advices... I didnt respond back to her... But honestly I dont even want to respond...

I mean I COULD TEST THE WATER and reply back with 1 word response.. Or a sentence response on where to live like joe stud and pimpsicle stated...

But then I feel like I will be waiting for her response now to see how she is holding.. Then I'll be in another "mind game"

1) Will she message me back?
2) What if she doesnt?
3) And if she does what to I do?
4) How will I feel?

All those type of questions will arise... Im not 100% over her... But I'm der 75% To be honest!...

IF I DO RESPOND THO WHAT I THINK SHE WILL SAY IS THIS

"Thanks alot Alex, I really appreciate your advise, Im just busy with school now and work, and I needed an opinion. If you ever need help with school or work or anything, you know Im always here and you can ask me to help you. I dont hate you Alex, so dont think I do, Im sorry we ended like that. But I hope your doing well. Stay motivated and Good luck with everything and remember Im here if you need me"

~EX GIRLFRIEND

This is what My intuition is telling me.... I put myself in her shoes now... Now if she responds like that to me... (FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE SAYING TO RESPOND TO HER) ...What do you think that reply meant?....
Well lets be honest here. You did respond and that quote above is her response back. I mean no need to beat around the bush here lol. You responded. You can't possibly believe that we would fall for that "if she did respond it would be this so what should I say trick" do you? haha

Honestly, the vibe I got from her in her first email is even more reinforced by her response the second time, and that is she seems like a nice person who genuinely wants to be friendly with you and thats it. She isn't looking to get back together or to see if she still has a hold on you as many of the jaded guys here seem to think imo. She wanted some advice, wanted to at least be friendly with you, and thats it. No hidden agenda or motive. I really think some of you are letting your anger with women cloud your judgment in this case. There are occasions where people break up with someone and it was for reasons beyond anyone's control. You don't have to hate every girl that ends a relationship with you.

Anyway, you responded, she responded back, leave it at that and move on.

Cinamon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to p1ss her off, get back at her. Nothing annoys girls more than being ignored. If you dont respond back to her, her mind is going to be working overtime trying to figure out whether u didnt reply cuz ur still hurting, or cuz u have moved on, did you ever care, did she mean so little to you. Those unanswered questions will probably leave her mentally screwed up for a while.

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Well lets be honest here. You did respond and that quote above is her response back. I mean no need to beat around the bush here lol. You responded. You can't possibly believe that we would fall for that "if she did respond it would be this so what should I say trick" do you? haha

Honestly, the vibe I got from her in her first email is even more reinforced by her response the second time, and that is she seems like a nice person who genuinely wants to be friendly with you and thats it. She isn't looking to get back together or to see if she still has a hold on you as many of the jaded guys here seem to think imo. She wanted some advice, wanted to at least be friendly with you, and thats it. No hidden agenda or motive. I really think some of you are letting your anger with women cloud your judgment in this case. There are occasions where people break up with someone and it was for reasons beyond anyone's control. You don't have to hate every girl that ends a relationship with you.

Anyway, you responded, she responded back, leave it at that and move on.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIDNT RESPOND>>>> READ WHAT I WROTE>>>THIS IS WHAT I THINKKKK SHE WOULD SAY IF I DO RESPOND... DONT FREAKIN TELL ME I RESPONDED WHEN YOU DONT KNOW...

But Honestly Im thinking about just responding with, Astoria.

And then see where it goes from there... what do you think?

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slick101 said:
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIDNT RESPOND>>>> READ WHAT I WROTE>>>THIS IS WHAT I THINKKKK SHE WOULD SAY IF I DO RESPOND... DONT FREAKIN TELL ME I RESPONDED WHEN YOU DONT KNOW...

But Honestly Im thinking about just responding with, Astoria.

And then see where it goes from there... what do you think?
What you are saying doesn't even make sense.

You responded. That was her response. End of story. You just don't want the guys here to know that you in fact, did respond. You know how I know for sure? For one, her writing style in the first email is the same as the second. Second, your writing style is way different. And three, you write with a ton of these ......, she doesn't, and there are none to be found in either the first email she sent you, or the second one that you claim to have written.

I told you what to do. Now stop playing games. Honestly I can see why she broke up with you. You're acting kinda odd.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
I think he replied too. How in the hell would he just make up a reply like that because it's what he "thinks" she would say?

lolllll I thought I'd seen it all.

weekender

Don Juan
Reaction score
After reading all of Slick's reaction to the advice, I have a premonition he would/is going to reply.

I broke up with my girlfriend of 2.5 years, actually she broke up with me, and I haven't contacted her since our break up. She still calls my house with private number and masturbates to my voice (an assumption).

All I am saying is, trust the methods everyone is trying to relay to you instead of trusting your feelings of "what if". Get a hobby, call up friends go hang out, plenty to do. Life is simple, your feelings about her is clouding simplicity.

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I didnt know you guys are this stupid. I didnt add (.............) because thats not how she talks.. and YES I MADE ALL THAT SHIZ UP BECAUSE THATS HOW SHE SOUNDS LIKE IF SHE RESPONDS I FREAKIN KNOW HER THAT WELL....You can think all u want.. I didnt respond.. WTF wouldnt I tell you if I did?.. Obviously I made this thread so I can get your opinions.. and Now Im hiding the fact that I responded... from You?...

Now I can see how you guys are really over analyzing this without even thinking clearly... If I responded I would tell you,, But once again Im telling you I didnt respond.. So If you dont want to belive me,, Its your problem,, because its sooo stupid to hide something like that lol...

Point blank I didnt respond But i am thinking about the one word Response such as Astoria.

My guess is... She will feel stupid and confused and If she responds to that Then I cut the cord..

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slick101 said:
Wow, I didnt know you guys are this stupid. I didnt add............. because thats not how she talks.. You can think all u want.. I didnt respond.. .
Seriously??

Do I have I AM STUPID written on my siggy or something? Because if you think for one second that I believe you didn't respond, you're about as F'd up as BP.

But here's the thing, I even advised you to respond in my first post on this thread. So you are sneaking around for nothing. She sounds like a nice girl in her emails. I don't think she was after anything other then to get some advice and say hello.

And judging by how you are acting on this thread, I can COMPLETELY see why she broke up with you. Grow up.

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW... LMAOO.. I just read what I wrote from her Point of view... and I myself can get fooled to think that she responded like that.. I can see why you guys think it was her to respond... But believe me... Im that good into knowing how she sounds like from past experiences

Slick101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Seriously??

Do I have I AM STUPID written on my siggy or something? Because if you think for one second that I believe you didn't respond, you're about as F'd up as BP.

But here's the thing, I even advised you to respond in my first post on this thread. So you are sneaking around for nothing. She sounds like a nice girl in her emails. I don't think she was after anything other then to get some advice and say hello.

And judging by how you are acting on this thread, I can COMPLETELY see why she broke up with you. Grow up.
Buddy do me a favor.. Your pushing something that you dont know If YOU REALLY KNEW YOU WOULD FEEL STUPID AND THATS A FACT... I wish you were here so you can check my outbox, I dont understand why u are acting like this, Now dont repond anymore.. Thank You