Quick Way to Learn Fighting

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by englishman
Sounds like your book smart but lacking in experience and maybe a bit fearfull of a real fight instead of a contest type of fight, its really rare that a street fight will kill ya, if its one on one anyway...
He knows more about fighting than most other posters in this pathetic thread, that much is clear.

Your statement makes you out to be the ignorant one.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by manuva
He knows more about fighting than most other posters in this pathetic thread, that much is clear.

Your statement makes you out to be the ignorant one.
Ive had over 200 street fights, been to jail for assault, was a soccer hooligan, have a 2 inch scar on my forhead where I was glassed in a bar fight, have taken judo, boxing and kung fu? and I can honestly say I only lost a handfull of those fights!
So who's full of sh1t now fvck head?

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blowfish
Best technique in a fight is learn not to get into fights...
Is that what your mommy told ya?:cheer:

Dante1a

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like to clear up a couple of things about responsibility that we as posters may share when addressing a situation like this.

Telling someone to do certain techniques, etc..seems at first like good advice, but generally it will get them in a situation where they feel confident until everything goes wrong. Then, that could lead to them getting the sh** kicked out of them. (I've given people the same advice that I now am rallying against..I've seen the results.)

Englishman, respectfully I must say that you are wrong. Street fights CAN get you killed. Now granted, most don't..but due to the unpredictability of a fight, you never know what can happen..you never truly know wether the opponent is alone. You never know of the opponent's mental instabilities or ultimate goal.

Fights are damn ugly things. Several years ago, I was involved in an altercation that ended with four seriously injured people and myself with a fractured larynx (from spinning into a punch). Now, I was/am a professional singer among a few other things in the music industry. It has taken me years to get back to where I can recover and sing professionally again. Why? Because four a**holes decided they wanted to jump me and my girlfriend. All the ugliness could have been avoided if they had just decided NOT TO ATTACK.

That brings me to this point..it may never truly be appropriate to fight, except: When you are defending a helpless thing or something you love.

Good morning, everyone :)

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dante1a

Englishman, respectfully I must say that you are wrong. Street fights CAN get you killed. Now granted,
I agree, thats what I said previously...

its really rare that a street fight will kill ya, if its one on one anyway...

Yep, I agree, fightings sort of retarded most of the time, but ya know if your a wimp and you go and learn some martial art for a few months and then discuss it on a board like this then never have a fight cause ' hey, im licensed to kill, and ive sworn an oath to not use my training exept in self defence' (aka, im a soft cvnt).
Then your an afc of the fighting world....:cool:

Blowfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like your book smart but lacking in experience and maybe a bit fearfull of a real fight instead of a contest type of fight, its really rare that a street fight will kill ya, if its one on one anyway...
You sir, have broken one of the rules in fighting: never underestimate your opponent.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive had over 200 street fights, been to jail for assault, was a soccer hooligan, have a 2 inch scar on my forhead where I was glassed in a bar fight, have taken judo, boxing and kung fu? and I can honestly say I only lost a handfull of those fights!
My money is still on you.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blowfish
You sir, have broken one of the rules in fighting: never underestimate your opponent.
You sir? are a d1ck, your a few words on a page, what do i give a fvck if your 10 feet tall and built like a brick sh1thouse?

Kurt the KJ

Banned
Reaction score
Don't fight unless you have to. Go to the gym and work out to get big. Carry a shank on your posession at all times. Another trick, is to get a water gun that looks like a gun like the one in 'Mr Deeds'. Kthxbai.

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kurt the KJ said:
Don't fight unless you have to. Go to the gym and work out to get big. Carry a shank on your posession at all times. Another trick, is to get a water gun that looks like a gun like the one in 'Mr Deeds'. Kthxbai.
Carrying a fake-realistic gun is the stupidest thing you can ever do. You know why?

Most people carrying a real gun WILL NOT use it unless they absolutely have to (even if you punch them in the face), but if you pull out a fake gun, they'll end up pulling out their REAL GUN, and then you're ****ed because they'll think they have to shoot you before you shoot them. So either carry a real gun and be ready to kill and go to jail, or carry nothing at all.

zip

Don Juan
Reaction score
First, fighting is stupid and and can go to jail for assault.

If you want to just learn how to defend yourself, Educate yourself. Learn how to get out of situations and to avoid certain events. Learn to be the bigger man and walk away. Sometimes that doesn't work...

Muay Thai, BJJ and even wingchun will be good for you. Also check out judo. Avoid karates and taekwondo, too flashy, won't teach you the real deal (unless you study with a professional, someone with crudentials that is known in the MA community and highly recommended and you train under them for a number of years)

But for something quick- MT, BJJ, Judo and Wing Chun.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
systema

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
englishman said:
You sir? are a d1ck, your a few words on a page, what do i give a fvck if your 10 feet tall and built like a brick sh1thouse?
Everyone is just a few words on a page here. If you don't care, why are you here?

Show a little bit of respect. We don't have to help you at all.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when did this post go from giving advice to becoming another flame fest and look my scar is bigger then yours type of posting LOL

Wee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Two things:

To the guys that say "don't kick in the balls, don't fight dirty, no one will resepct you", maybe you can talk once you get out of highschool. We all know those fights everyone is crowded around in a circle and two pvssies are just trying to slap eachother in the jaw. Rules don't apply there, because most reasons to fight in highschool can be settled without getting phsycial. When I was 16 a guy tried to rob me. Didn't have a weapon. You aren't scared about looking like a pvssy there, you wanna get the fvck out. I was a skinny ass kid and I'm only 5'8 so, yea a couple kicks to the nuts worked wonders. That type of senario is the only type you should fight in.

Also, to anyone that says years of training go out the door when you are in a street fight, hell no. One of my friends has been taking that karate sh*t for years, and I saw him in a fight once. Took the guy out in 10 seconds. If you actually learn the sh*t they teach you, it is helpful. My two pennies is you probably don't have to fight, and if you absolutely must, there are no rules.

Oh, I started lifting years ago, most people don't try stuff with you if you look big. I have friends that are stronger than me, but I train for size so I havn't been in a fight or had any guy wanna fight me for a while.

Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
englishman said:

yea well bruv i got a ****ing black eye from down the boozer last night like init,****ing yea!

and ive been to prison for shoplifting!

Reaction score
Well preaching which "fighting/martial arts style" is best seriously gets you no where. If you want to LEARN how to fight the quickest way is to PICK A FIGHT AND ACTUALLY EXPERIANCE ONE. If your too p*ssy to do that don't bother reading "how to fight articles" you won't have the balls to throw a punch and will end up seriously getting hurt. If you want to get better at something you gotta practice it. So if you want to be a good fighter... do more fights = kick boxing, other martial arts, wrestling, hocky and football is good to getting used to the idea of violence. :box:

Personally I try to avoid physical conflict cuz I end up hurting the guy... but sometimes it's nesseccary. There is no honor in street fighting the guy doesn't give a sh*t about you or your life so you should act accordingly and self-defend yourself but don't go overboard if you have to go to court. I almost got into serious trouble when I punched the guy in the face, broke his "expensive glasses" and made a cut on his face which was close to his eye. (Going to court after getting your ass kicked is the most p*ssy thing to do especially if your the one who started it. Example. Real World guy who got black eye in bar fight.)

Caesar20

Don Juan
Reaction score
b!tchslap him. claimed to be one of the best possible defences as the attacker will get embarassed if slapped in front of the public.
or get CS spray (tear gas).

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guns always work well. Swords/large blades can work well too. Katanas can slice a limb off like butter.

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
derEikopf said:
Guns always work well. Swords/large blades can work well too. Katanas can slice a limb off like butter.
Howitzers are also very effective.