Quick Way to Learn Fighting

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Take Karate Classes

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To all you people who said kick in the ball...are yall girls or fags or what? You do that and he'll get his friends to beat your ass and everyone will lose respect for you for being a p*ssy. You dont kick people in the nuts unless your life is in danger. Choosing to fight and kicking in the nuts is for b*tches, b*tches.

crunk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take Karate HAHAHHAHA! lol.

And kick to groin is when worse comes to worse btw; but nevertheless, its gunna fvuck you up :woo:

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm into muay thai and i'll soon take some brazilian jj lessons, but i think the most useful martial art you should know is simple and pure boxe... it's not true that most fights end up to the ground, oh well, it is, but, unless you're extremely skilled (and i mean AT LEAST 2 years), when you both are to the ground, it's the bigger that has the upper hand, even when he's just plain fat.

on the other hand, if you learn to punch HARD, he will be the only one who goes to the ground. the most effective move you can learn is an extremely powerful punch, this will put "the end" sign of a good half of your fights.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An important tip that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is to PROTECT YOUR HEAD. Keep your hands up against your cheeks and your arms tight against your body. Try to block punches to the head by raising your arm so they punch your arm instead. Odds in are a street fight you will be attacked by the A hole and a couple of his drunk buddies, so what you want to do is soften their blows by making them hit your arms/hands instead of your head. Body punches aren't nearly as bad as a solid punch to the head, and they're much less likely to knock you to the ground where you'd be in serious trouble. You should also try to soften body punches by tightening your core and moving with the punches to lessen their momentum.

Average guys, even guys with muscles, will get tired quickly from all the punches they're throwing at you. If you're concentrating on protecting your head, you'll spend much less energy than them. When their punches start to ease up, strike 3 times, then go back to protecting your head. Repeat this until they run off or you can get away. If they're tired, they probably won't be able to dodge or block your 3 punches effectively.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn how to guard your vital points, like your head, ribs, and liver.

If the guy is taller than you, get in close so that he can't use his reach to pound you. Go in for some body shots, or just take try to wrestle him down and get him in some sort of submission.

But seriously, don't be stupid. I do agree now that one of the main points of being competent in a martial art is not to go out and be a badass but to develop the confidence of knowing that you can defend yourself. Of course, there are many circumstances where this still won't protect you, like if the guy has a weapon or if you're trying to fight multiple opponents.

And one more tip. Don't try to fight when your piss drunk. I got into a verbal aggressive state one night when I was literally stumbling around (after like 14 beers), talked a bunch of sh*t to a guy, and suddenly found myself in a rear naked choke. Woke up the next morning with the whole one side of my neck red. I was just lucky the guy didn't start socking the sh*t of me.

Killswitch

Reaction score
just keep moving, keep your distance,and if you get a chance just choke him out. Going on the assumption you have no fighting skill.

Most ground skills are useless on the street, do you think you will be going for an arm bar when your rolling around on broken glass with people kicking you in the back? I dont think so.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isnt something you will learn in a day or two, like how to build a birdhouse, this is something that not only takes months to learn the most basic of basics, but also requires constant practice to stay good at it, Sort of like mountain climbing.

shiningshadow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try not to fight. If you want a quick knockout (and you're at close range) you send a knee into his groin, and chin jab him.

Pantera_man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Put a battery or a roll of coins inside your fist. A roll of coins in particular will make your punch more devastating. Go for the jaw, nose, and get a few uppercuts just below the ribcage in the center torse, that hurts like hell.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pantera_man
Put a battery or a roll of coins inside your fist. A roll of coins in particular will make your punch more devastating. Go for the jaw, nose, and get a few uppercuts just below the ribcage in the center torse, that hurts like hell.
Someone's been watching too many movies :rolleyes:

You might throw a harder punch (MIGHT since the coins would throw you off balance), but you'd break your hand in the process.

Pantera_man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not necessarily, I've seen it in action, no broken hands. A smaller guy smashed the absolute sh*t out of my friends face without injuring his hands, the bastard had batteries in his fist.

I broke my hand with nothing in my damn fist.... It depends on where your punch lands.

By the way, I've never seen any movie where that happens....

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, beatteries, blocks, and rolls are for people who have underdeveloped hands. Use a brass knuckle if your going to fight dirty. I doubt this guy is asking how to fight fair if he wants to learn how in a day or two. I doubt he wants to fight dirty though...

I'd say if you want to fight dirty, wait around a corner for him, take him out with a rock on the side of the head and use some metal boots and cave his ribcage or snap an elbow.

I think a forum is THE worst place to teach people this stuff, I could teach you how to fight dirty all day, and than some after I have experience in fighting dirty, but what is the ****ing use? Nobody will respect you afterwards, and what are you fighting for? To make people not bully you anymore? Fighting like a retard will only make other people want to kick your ass, and once they know they can on a regular basis and you won;t go running off to a higher authority than you will be pissed on by them.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fighting is for children.

Get a gun.:trouble:

Xtravaganza

Don Juan
Reaction score
A fight is hardly ever spontaneous. There is always a minute or two when you threaten each other (pushing, etc)

Back in the days, I would slap the guy in the ears as hard as I could in those moments. That usually put them out of control. They always throw a big (slow) ass punch after that. And that's when i grabbed them and went to the ground trying to get the dominant position.

Many times, the guy would just walk away after slapping him. And many times the guy would kick you in the balls.

Believe me. I've been there, done that... and I ain't doing it anymore. It's a matter of luck. It's just a stupid contest of who can make the other bleed the most.

Why don't you try to pick up his gf instead? ;)

DiMallio

Don Juan
Reaction score
i cant believe this guy is asking for advice on how to fight and some people are actually giving it to him !!!!:eek:

if he asked how to defend himself thats fair enough ! but obviously theres a motive here !
i've studied kickboxing and Kenpo and as other martial artists have already said on this thread.. DON'T FIGHT !! IDIOTS ! sigh !

muttley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I practice jiujitsu. Ill whoop yo ass :D

Ok heres the deal. You have to structure every thing step by step.

1) Close the gap
Going pound for pound, toe to toe with a bigger guy will get u knocked the **** out. Close the gap and get close to him so he cannot punch you. I cant explain it here because there are several ways to easily close teh gap and correctly bear hug your opponent from side/front/behind

2) Take him to the ground
When hes on the floor he wont know what to do, he will try to get back up as soon as possible or just get angrier and confused more. Good. Again there are several ways to take an opponent down from the side, front or behind.

3) Establish position
We want to establish mount position. This is when you are sittin on you opponent on his chest. That is the objective.

4) Make him submit/ break bone/ beat his ass

once we can maintain mount position, its time to finish the fight. get him in an arm bar and snap his arm. Snap his wrist or beat him to a pulp with your fists and elbows.

We fight every week like this in jiujitsu training ( minus the punches , eye gouging , kicks , bites ). We close the gap, take down, establish position, go for submission. In a real fight id dod the exact same thing. If any guy wants to go with me then he is TOAST. Id make him bleed so bad.

Go learn jiujitsu, then muay thai or boxing. Im Stuck between either learning muay thai or kick boxing/taekwondo next. i dont know :S

bcherb2

Don Juan
Reaction score
^ You're right, thats a great way to fight, but he said in a day or 2, and if you've never done comlpicated moves like armbars you dont want to try them for the first time in a real fight....