Quick Way to Learn Fighting

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone got a guide that gives like general tips or pressure points to hit or something that I can learn in a day or two? Post a link or something thanks. or e-mail iamgigantor@aim.com

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fighting anyone anytime soon?
lol
good luck.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Patrick124
fighting anyone anytime soon?
lol
good luck.
nah i just wanna know for the future :cool:

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I always figured that if you kicked someone at their ankles, their whole body would fall. And once that person fell, never let them get back up.

jenzos

Don Juan
Reaction score
alrighty... a good fight is an unfair fight. I hate to say it, but use everything you have there is no pride in a good ol' street fight.

some main things to remember is to always avoid a fight. But if you MUST fight someone never underestimate their skill but never doubt your strength/skill.

I have learned some MMA (mixed martial arts) and it all goes out the window when your throwing punches at someone. You must be calm and steady and wait for the other person to make a mistake unless you are obviously bigger and stronger feel free to take him out.

If someone tries to take you down you "sprawl" away from it. Meaning you use your weight against his back and take ur legs back so he cant reach them. at this point, any person who is inexperienced at wrestling will not no what to do. At this point you can let them back up or just stay on top and just rail punches to the side/back of his face.

If someone throws a horrible punch grab a wrist with one hand and twist and punch with the other in the face.

If someone manages to get on top of you there is something called "gaurd" what you want is full gaurd. Meaning they are below your legs and cant reach your face with punches. As soon as they get past your knees you are SCREWED! (meaning their butt would be on your stomach) There are a few other guards but this one is basic and most useful.

As for standup boxing I am not that great at. Just keep your head up watching everything the person is doing. Never let your eyes wander away. Keep your chin strong. You will get knocked out if u have a weak chin.

any questions please ask.. i obviously have nothing to do right now haha

Tkay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for the balls

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To use a pressure point with skill you must be skilled at breaking a fight down to the core processes. Knowing where a ressure point is is useless, timing is critical in 95% of useful points. There are points of contact that will create greater damage with a quick jab compared to an ill-timed pressure point punch. While on the other side of the spectrum a spear thrust will cause great damage when done at the right angle of attack and the pinpointed pressure point. So knowledge must be ingrained into your memory, there are good research areas on google, I have lost the links many years ago and they are most likely expired or closed pages(they depended heavily on freedom of speech). Good luck in your search.

jenzos gave some good general tips... but as always general tips are next to useless if you are a fat bugger with untrained reflexes, immobile joints, lack of endurance, and without a good balance of movement.

Best of luck to not getting your block knocked off:D

sickness

Reaction score
fighting tips

As a martial artist, I can tell you that my best advice would be not to fight! Women don't like men who pick fights, and besides, there are a lot of legal consequences. However, if HE attacks YOU first, this is what I would do: grab his shirt collar and pull him in close to reduce his punching leverage, then pull down on the back of his head and control his arm (the right one usually) so he can't swing. From there, you can fire knees into his face, then wait for someone to break it up. But you must accept the consequences of your actions.

LongDrinkofWater

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rule #1 - avoid if at all possible.

Otherwise, go fer the nuts. Kick'em where you wouldn't want to be kicked. Also, behind the jaw below the ear is a pressure point. Poke youself there as a test to find it, and you'll realize this isn't were you would want to be punched...

...and remember, it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog that usually dictates the winner......

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dirtyvibe
Anyone got a guide that gives like general tips or pressure points to hit or something that I can learn in a day or two? Post a link or something thanks. or e-mail iamgigantor@aim.com
In a day or two? Not gonna work. When it comes to a real fight, you just won't think about using any of the techniques it will be so fast paced.

Ive been a kickboxer for about 5 years now, and in order for any moves to be effective, you need to practice and practice them MANY MANY times.

Want to learn to fight? Take up boxing/kickboxing/tae kwan do.

Or just start fighting people on a regular basis. You will get your ass kicked but you will learn to fight pretty fast.

psychgrad

Don Juan
Reaction score
get close to the opponent and grab the back of the neck; bring the head down and start kneeing the crap out of him.

tyte3

Don Juan
Reaction score
:woo: aight so ...first of all avoid it like they all said...cuz if you need help on how to fight yur screwed... only fight if he hits you first...secondly get some back up... make sure you have somebody who will be able to get yur back if you need it. this is what you wanna do... go to...grapplersgym.com...its a wrestling site...mostly most fights start off with a tyte of wrestling...and once yur on the ground its all beating the crap out of each other from there. so ya go to grapplersgym.com... and after that i suggest going to boxingscene.com... its a boxing site they should have some tips there in the forums. and well yup thats about it...try to avoid the fight though...cuz if your asking for help...it wont help you...this guy probably has some fight experience... so ya...try to avoid it, get backup, and if not goodluck. peace.

Haboob

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Don't fight unless you really have to or its in self defence.
2. Don't fight somone who will win.
3. Take up boxing or some kind fo martial arts.
4. Go to the Health and Fitness forum. Go to the gym. Get big. No one will mess with you.

[]D [] []V[] []D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i just have 1 comment.

If your gonna practice anything, dont practing ONLY punching and kicking. Most fights end up on the ground in 5-10 seconds so learn some wrestling or close combat/submission moves etc.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Punching hurts, weapons are good. I've been meaning to use my elbows more next time (haven't fought in years, last time some mentalist was throwing garbage at my house, and then me. I did a beautiful flying karate kick to the back as he was bending over to pick up another bag of crap. Then I knelt over his chest and was about to punch the soft parts of his face. Then I realised he was just blind drunk and he started crying for help, so I let him go.)

Anyway, elbows - any tips? I'm thinking block, block, elbow to face, maybe same elbow back across then a few body blows and to the floor.

Fighting is actually a lot like Tekken - wait for your opponent to make a stupid move and use it to your advantage.

jenzos

Don Juan
Reaction score
use elbows when your mostly on the ground. Throwing 'bows while standing is a BAD idea.

Knees while standing however is a great way to KO a guy.

They throw a bad punch (which means they are off balance) grab by the back of the head and pull down and add the knee to the skull.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jenzos
use elbows when your mostly on the ground. Throwing 'bows while standing is a BAD idea.

I can see how it could be less effective, I'm looking for ways not to break a knuckle. But noted, probably won't try it unless great opportunity presents itself.

chill

Don Juan
Reaction score
ive been in some nasty fights, and in every one it goes to the ground within a minute. So while knowing how to box is usefull, i think that wrestling is much more so. Theres been some good stuff here, but i gotta add my 2 cents:

1. someone above said the following: As soon as they get past your knees you are SCREWED! (meaning their butt would be on your stomach). I agreed with the rest of what he said, but i got a move to get out of this. Lift your legs up and lock them together under his chin, and pull him away from you and to the ground, effectively switching positions. From here you can knee him in the side, get in some face shots, or if your going dirty, go for the balls. The only issue with this is you need to have some leg strengh and move really fast, or he can just pull your legs up to your face, and THEN your screwed. The only people this wont work well with is wrestlers, just to give you a warning.

2. learn some take downs. Like i said, practicly the entire fight happens on the ground, so being in the dominant position when it does go to the floor is really important. My favorite is when you catch one of their punches when they are pulling back their arm and you can twist it. From here you can choke slam him, elbow him, or you can twist it really hard and kick him behind his knee so he drops. Now you have the perfect position to knee him in the face, which pretty much ends most fights.

but seriously, if you can, solve it with words. Its a way better method to solve problems than seeing who can make the other guy bleed more. But its your call....

crunk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didnt really read the others threads cause i dont got time, but here it is: Don't Fight if you don't have to. I practice Jeet Kune Do Concepts, Filipino Kali, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. When it comes down to it, your gunna be fighting for your life, *swinging for the fences*, and the more you think about it, the more you really dont want to loose. I've not been in that many fights, but i dont need to. When the time comes tho, im gunna be a savage bastard. Eye Jab to the eyes, im gunna punch the throat, [not to the face], im gunna slap the ear, Side kick to the front of the knee, im gunna grab hair and knee in the face, Kick to the groin. Im gunna do what it takes to win,,,using discretion of coarse ( all depends on the situation).

The last thing you want is to get ur face slammed into the pavement. Nowdays everyone has a weapon as well.. so if they got a knife, im outta there. 1 Mistake and your finished so use common sence. You've prolly read and heard it more than 1ce, dont fight if you dont have to. Bottom line.

So there's that alternative ^^^ , or if you dont go around fighting and ur getting pick'd on , theres always the 9mm method, but thats not nessisary unless someones threatening your life. Use good Judgment and Be saFe!

Cheers