Post your field experimentation ideas here, and I'll do them.

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IsiMan84 said:
Soooo I take it you aren't in Fullerton anymore then? So much for finding a competent wingman near or around campus...
No sir! Haven't been on campus since I graduated. I can, however, offer you campus-specific tips for CSUF.

I remember one time at the TSU underground I rented one of the ping-pong tables (I went down there alone). Took one paddle, walked up to an HB sitting on one of the couches alone (watching TV), handed the paddle to her and said "You ready?"

She looked shocked. She had her notebook in her lap and backpack on the floor by her feet. "Beat me, I'll buy you lunch," I said, smiling. She went with it. I ended up destroying her though, so no lunch, but it was fun and we had a lot of laughs. Didn't really feel like closing either.

kush

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach a girl and tell her that you lost a bet and have to get her number for secret reasons

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Incog said:
No sir! Haven't been on campus since I graduated. I can, however, offer you campus-specific tips for CSUF.

I remember one time at the TSU underground I rented one of the ping-pong tables (I went down there alone). Took one paddle, walked up to an HB sitting on one of the couches alone (watching TV), handed the paddle to her and said "You ready?"

She looked shocked. She had her notebook in her lap and backpack on the floor by her feet. "Beat me, I'll buy you lunch," I said, smiling. She went with it. I ended up destroying her though, so no lunch, but it was fun and we had a lot of laughs. Didn't really feel like closing either.
Hmm doesn't sound like a bad idea to try. I'm a grad student in the campus housing so I could probably check out the TSU one of these days. I went in there once last semester and it was about 90% Asians playing ping-pong or video games. Any other time I walk around campus it's mostly people trying to get you to sign up for crap, so I generally go to the engineering buildings, rec center or library and back home. I've walked through the quad maybe twice. Where did you do most of your approaches from the past field reports?

As far as campus housing goes, I've pretty much just had a few parties at our place but it died down a little bit when we started having tests and stuff. The first few weeks I was hard at work getting numbers and telling people to come by our place for whatever event I was putting on. I was limited on opportunities because I have night classes while most activities are going on. I acquired probably 30-40 numbers in the first 2-3 weeks, but lots of dead ends. Getting off-campus students to come to our place is almost impossible. I got with one girl through one of the parties who I don't talk to anymore, but managed to get a couple regular girls from non-party stuff.

Anybody else I've met that doesn't live in the dorms is either through soccer or the occasional campus activity, but a lot of dead ends with those too. I went to a few of the sporting events last semester and turnouts were pretty sad for the most part. On top of that, compared to the Midwest it seems like a lot more work to get somebody to warm up to you. Whether the reward is worth all that work I have yet to determine. I'm sure it doesn't help much being on a commuter campus either.

Any other suggestions? I wouldn't mind picking up where you left off but knowing where to start would be a great help. Thanks.

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not on here very much anymore, so when I do briefly visit (it's been about twice a year, unfortunately), I make sure this thread is bumped.

There are a lot of lessons to be learned in this thread. Keep your head up.

- Incog

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two years. Two motherfuggin years man. Coulda used a wing when I was on campus. I'm back in Texas now though.