Post your field experimentation ideas here, and I'll do them.

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You know that great approach idea, smooth line, or daring move you've always thought about but never got around to trying it out? Maybe you just never had the right opportunity. Maybe you're too afraid the chick might take it the wrong way and slap you. That's where I come in.

I began what I am calling my FEM (Field Experimentation Mission) on Wednesday, November 14th. Each weekday (except Friday), I will approach one HB at school (university campus, plenty of 'em), with a different tactic, and report results. I started this as a personal test out of curiosity. I often wonder, after reading an idea on the boards, or thinking of one, if it'd actually be a practical method. I need more ideas, too, when I run out (I have about 3 left in my head for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of next week). So, let's get the ball rolling. Post smooth ideas, I'll put 'em to practice.

Experiment #1
Date: 11/14/07
Idea: Approach in a serious manner, as if urgent. Act as if the world's fate rests on her giving me her number. Don't break character.
Idea by: Me
Target: HB 8, Latina
Results:

I approached HB 8 from quite a distance. She was checking out the menu at one of the restaurants in our school's food court. Her back was facing me, and even from a distance I could see her body was smoking hot. Had to cross my fingers about the face, and it turned out she had a cute face with big brown eyes to complement it. I pulled out my cell phone and tapped her on the shoulder with 3 quick finger-pokes.

"There's no time to explain. I'm going to have to have your number NOW," I said, with a concerned look on my face, staring straight into her eyes as if this was going to work. As I said this, I had my thumbs on my phone's keypad ready to insert the number.

"Why?," she asked, after her initial reaction of laughter.
"Human existence depends on this. Is this funny to you?," I said, but I might've slightly broken character with a little grin. It seemed to work out fine though, as she hit me on the arm and began calling out the digits in her number. There was "no time" to ask for a name, so I gave her some light kino and sincerely said, "You've done the right thing." I turned around and strolled out the automatic doors.

Reaction: That was possibly the stupidest approach I've ever attempted, let alone succeeded at. The idea originally came to me as a funny thing just to try out, but hey, I have HB 8's number in my phone (saved under "Ex.1" LOL). Still haven't called the nameless chick.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude...this thread is a GREAT idea. Respect.

+1 REP

I'm gonna have to think of some for you to do and post them later. Once again man, great thread and major props to you if you actually do them.

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Experiment #2
Date: 11/15/07
Idea: Initiate conversation, build rapport, say goodbye, then slip my business card into her back jean pocket and walk away.
Idea by: Me
Target: HB 7.5, I'd guess half white/half asian?
Results:

This is more of a close than an approach tactic. Before attempting this, I realized that this could either end up smooth as hell, or a disaster. Then I realized something else: I don't care.

Anyway, the chick I spotted was pretty cute. I was almost afraid I wasn't going to be able to pull the experiment off because for a good 45 min. while I was eating in the university's food court, all I saw were fat and ugly chicks. Finally, this light-skinned chick walks by and gets in line for some Chinese food. I refill my drink, which is right next to that line.

"Hey Melissa," I said, looking right at her. She turned around to see if I was talking to somebody behind her.
"I'm not Melissa" (Or something along those lines)
"What's your name?" I said.
"Blah blah blah," she said. I honestly don't remember her name.

From there, I commented on her earrings, and the conversation took off. She was surprisingly receptive. She got to the front of the line so I took a pause and waited for her to finish the transaction. When she was done, she walked over to me, and she was holding her boxed food in one hand, drink in the other (Making it ideal for me to slip the business card in). Oh, how I longed for even a slight feel of that cute little booty. :up: I told her I had to take off, and that I'd catch her around campus. I didn't just slip it in and split, I pulled the card out and with my left hand, slipped it in her right jean back pocket, withdrawing my hand slowly and maintaining eye contact with her and a smile. Her face slightly blushed. I turned around and walked away, then looked back after about 5 seconds, and she had set her food down and was looking at the card :crazy:

Reaction: I felt our conversation flowed well, so just about any decent closing would've worked out fine, IMO. I've always wanted to do this one, so even though the results weren't amazing or anything, I got it done and it turned out well. Good times. (Posting 12 hours after this happened, and no text/call from her. Still don't remember the broad's name, tee-hee..)

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
Dude...this thread is a GREAT idea. Respect.

+1 REP

I'm gonna have to think of some for you to do and post them later. Once again man, great thread and major props to you if you actually do them.
The more ideas that are posted, the more picky I can be as to which ones I use. Haha.. but, I'd like to think I'll eventually get to all decent ideas posted.

I'm waiting for the "Spit in her face and ask for her number" comedy post.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn...my mind seems to be going blank right now. I honestly wanna know how much a cool car can help you out though. What would be badass, but I wouldn't expect you to do since you'd actually have to spend money just to do the approach, is to rent a Porsche or something, grab a chick by the arm saying you have to show her something, take her out to the parking lot, and be like, "See that Porsche? Its mine. Wanna blow me?" lol!

Sorry, thats the best I can come up with on the spot.

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something everyone should be doing as a way to gain massive experience. (Testing out different styles/methods/little experiments/etc)

I've always loved the whole "Pickup Lab" frame and always thought highly of it. I'm glad to see there is someone who is actually doing that and also went ahead to make a thread that could be pretty entertaining.

I have a ****load of stuff for you try...some that I've done myself...but I'm going to wait for this thread to grow for a bit and since you still have some Ideas in your head I'll hold back.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
openers:
used to get a number

- pretend you're looking for a gift to buy a friend. if she asks who you say your girlfriend. after she takes you through a bunch of stores and getting to know her, number close. this one works well if you're with a friend.

- go to a college with a thick foreign accent posing as a tutor and walk around seeing if she can help you learn english while you can help her learn your foreign language.

magic bullets:

used when you absolutely need to make a move

- put fake blood on your arm and bandage it so it looks like it's bleeding. have a friend call her saying you need someone to take you to the hospital. when she takes you to the hospital pretend that everything is really hurting. you're going to have to go through some shamelessness here because she's going to be paying for everything and the doctor is going to find out that nothings really wrong. carry no money with you. afterwards take her to your room.

- a motorcycle crashed into your knee and you need someone to take you to the hospital. (similar to bleeding arm)

what can i say i have a lot of time on my hands.

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
xdreamz said:
openers:
used to get a number

- pretend you're looking for a gift to buy a friend. if she asks who you say your girlfriend. after she takes you through a bunch of stores and getting to know her, number close. this one works well if you're with a friend.

- go to a college with a thick foreign accent posing as a tutor and walk around seeing if she can help you learn english while you can help her learn your foreign language.

magic bullets:

used when you absolutely need to make a move

- put fake blood on your arm and bandage it so it looks like it's bleeding. have a friend call her saying you need someone to take you to the hospital. when she takes you to the hospital pretend that everything is really hurting. you're going to have to go through some shamelessness here because she's going to be paying for everything and the doctor is going to find out that nothings really wrong. carry no money with you. afterwards take her to your room.

- a motorcycle crashed into your knee and you need someone to take you to the hospital. (similar to bleeding arm)

what can i say i have a lot of time on my hands.
Needless to say I'm not going to try the bleeding arm thing. The foreign accent thing is something I might try next week, but I have to sharpen up my "fake accent" because it's not that good. I'm caucasian so I might go with a German-like accent.

HolyG said:
****, I wanna join in on this. can I?

-harith
I'm not going to stop you from trying any of the ideas posted in the thread. Feel free to share your results.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do this if you have the balls:

You: I'm envious of your boyfriend.

Her: Why?

You: You are damn sexy.

Her: Oh, thank you.

You: So when do you wanna hook up?

Her: Hook up to do what?

You: To have hot, steamy and passionate sex (in a serious tone)

----

try it. I field tested it already.

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Experiment #3
Date: 11/19/07
Idea: Tell her I'm envious of her BF as an opener, then test her by asking when we're gonna have "hot, steamy and passionate sex"
Idea by: ChrizZ
Target: HB 9, definitely a mix between Latina and something else!
Results:

This approach actually had a little more relevance, as HB 9 is in one of my classes. I didn't even know this until I approached her at the food court today (class is a huge lecture hall, 100+ people). She was eating alone, so I struck. Even as I walked up there was heavy eye contact. I sat down across from her at a booth she was sitting at. Before she could react in a confused way, I opened my mouth:

ME: I'm envious of your boyfriend.
HB9: Uhh.. I don't have a boyfriend.
(!) ME: Why not? You're too sexy to be alone.
HB9: (Smiles, giggled, looked down at table)

Since I can't transmit the conversation word-for-word, here's a summary. She asked me if I had turned in a paper due in a class that we're in together. This caught me off guard. I said "You're in that class? How'd you sneak in there, you stalking me?" She laughed and convo progressed about an essay that was assigned. We introduced ourselves. Anyway, fast-forward to my departure. I looked at my cell phone for the time:

ME: Well I gotta run. I'll catch you in class Tanya.
HB9: (Smile) Bye, it was nice talking to you!

Reaction: I intentionally didn't number close. I want to see where I can take this. Tomorrow's our next class meeting, and I will be looking for her and sitting next to her, and build even more of a connection. It caught me off-guard when she said she didn't have a boyfriend, I expected her to ask "Why?" right away, kind of like ChrizZ's dialogue went. Her name is Tanya.. omg.. Tanyas are always hot in my experience. :woo: Props to ChrizZ for an idea that went pretty well considering I didn't expect the answer she gave me.

I also just realized I didn't say the "hot, steamy passionate sex" part. Bah! I guess this'll have to be a two-part report; I'll bring that up in class tomorrow.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man you have alot of balls going about doing this, plus you scored an HB9 good job!

Heres one I thought up of:
Go to a crowded restaurant that you frequent (maybe even a McDonalds or something) where theres a fairly long line, approach a girl that interests you and tell her that you were meaning to cut to the front of the line, telling her that her only payment is to sit with you. Then you can get into a conversation and close as you usually do! Of course its a bit risky because people in line might get pissed off, but maybe if they see you doing it with a girl they'll think its cute and not mind (or just get even more jeolous)

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
approach a girl that interests you and tell her that you were meaning to cut to the front of the line, telling her that her only payment is to sit with you. Then you can get into a conversation and close as you usually do! Of course its a bit risky because people in line might get pissed off, but maybe if they see you doing it with a girl they'll think its cute and not mind (or just get even more jeolous)
I was a little confused at this. You mean, take her to the front of the line with me as I cut (cut with her)? I don't see a chick being willing to do that. They'd probably be concerned about all the people in line.. But yea, that idea is rude as hell.. LOL.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha sorry if I wasn't clear, but yeah I meant doing the heroically ****y move of whisking yourself and some attractive female to the front of the line in some restaurant and sitting down to eat with her.

Mayfly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are three, but the first will take some cajones to pull off...

1 - Walk up to a girl and tell her the most misogynistic joke you can think of at the moment. Do some research before hand to decide which joke to tell, then spring it and see what happens.

2 - Ask her nothing but questions. You are not allowed to make any statements.

3 - Quote nothing but song lyrics throughout the whole conversation, from opener to closer.

moto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nice thread....

wouldn't you want to try each example more than once or on different chicks so you can really experiment the field?

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
Do this if you have the balls:

You: I'm envious of your boyfriend.

Her: Why?

You: You are damn sexy.

Her: Oh, thank you.

You: So when do you wanna hook up?

Her: Hook up to do what?

You: To have hot, steamy and passionate sex (in a serious tone)

----

try it. I field tested it already.

What are you serious? How in the hell would that help you get a girl interested by saying right off the bat you wanna fvck her? Maybe a true slut or a drunk girl. Tell me, since you field tested this... What response did you get?

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B. said:
What are you serious? How in the hell would that help you get a girl interested by saying right off the bat you wanna fvck her? Maybe a true slut or a drunk girl. Tell me, since you field tested this... What response did you get?
read my journal.

I also highly recommend the book ModeOne by Roger Alan Currie which will help you to understand how I live my life.

Here is a little interview with the author of mode one.