Pay for Dinner?

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's for Prom.
I already paid for the tickets.
I wasn't planning to pay for the dinner, but my friends freaked out when i told them i wasn't paying.
This made me think that maybe it's ok to suck up to the girl a little since it is their special night.

scarface316

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shouldn't the dinner already be included in the prom tickets? If not then, depending where you go to eat, you can pay but I would rather split the bill 50/50 between the two of you.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to same problem here.....I already bought the tickets, this is getting ridiculous. My prom is tonight.

If you haven't already discussed it with the girl, I'd say you should go ahead and pay it...unless she offers to chip in.

But then the question arises, how do you go about changing this pattern in the future (of you always paying)? That's what I'd like to know...once it's started, how does it stop?

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, it's prom. Just pay. It's not a regular date. Just give the girl a special night because Prom is all for the ladies.

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
It's for Prom.
I wasn't planning to pay for the dinner, but my friends freaked out when i told them i wasn't paying.
This made me think that maybe it's ok to suck up to the girl a little since it is their special night.
Are you going alone or with friends? Anyway, don't pay... You already payed to much (her ticket), but for now its comming of as a gentlemen (PERHAPS), start paying for everything and you come of an idiot that has to buys his girls... You're 16 years old, meaning you don't earn money, you lack money, meaning if she doesn't pay for herself, SHE LACKS RESPECT towards you! And if she asks you to pay for her dinner, say no and ditch this women! She's a leech and just proven it, don't be naive... You already shown good will: you spend money on the tickets and that already proved you're a good guy. Don't be an AFC...

I had my prom 2 weeks ago, didn't pay any girl her dinner, just acted like a gentlemen. (giving up my seat in the car and walk to the bar, wait with eating before the rest gets his food)... I had 3 girls behind my tail that night, I ended up in a HB8 her place... (Not bad for going dateless to the prom IMO... But in belgium it isen't a must anyway, you guys have your traditions so whatever) All in all, I wouldn't pay cause you already gave up alot of money: 50/50

If you're going with friends: then theres no question about it, you won't only come off an AFC towards her, but to your NON-afc friends too (towards your the AFC friends you'll come off as the man ofcourse... but then again, having a girl with you already proves to them you're "the man")

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
btw, our prom tickets are $13 lol

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ARrocket said:
Lucky bastard. Ours are $65. Each :(
wow lol if it was $65, i wouldn't even want to go to prom.

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah man my prom was whack 3 years ago, I was afc as f*ck and I had a way better time the first time I went to a club. And the tickets were 85, limo was 95 a piece. Dinner was about 20/plate. I paid for everything and I was a brokeass kid! Don't worry how prom will go, just be yourself and have a good time. Honestly, if I can go back to NOT going to prom, I would of because I wasted all of that money.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is better to buy her a cheaper meal than to pay for an expensive one that you can't really afford.

Although my prom took place before the OP was conceived, fwiw I had my gf's parents cook us dinner. Her dad grilled me filet mignon, then I banged his daughter. It was a good time.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've decided that by the end of the meal, if I thought she treated me well and was worth my time, i'll pay her. If she asks me to pay, i'll just say something like "so ur that kind of a girl huh?" and fvck no i wont pay. If it was just ok ish, i'll just say that i hope she's worth it, and pay anyways since it's "the right thing to do".

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't think i'll get laid.
after prom we'll be going over to our friends house to watch a movie and ****, then go out for breakfast at 7am.
there wont be any alone time for us.

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
i don't think i'll get laid.
after prom we'll be going over to our friends house to watch a movie and ****, then go out for breakfast at 7am.
there wont be any alone time for us.

there is always alone time if both of you want it ;)

seems to me ur a confused little *****... think u have the game down by being hardcore and badass... pay for her ****ing dinner... be a man and create alone time.... stop being a *****...

loveequation

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pay a couple of times only...

Sometimes you need to give a little effort for that chick, now I'm not saying give 100% just give a little bit, but now my gold advice, and let me tell you this has worked a lot, is that go smoothly with this chick, yes pay her dinner etc... but do it only the first couple of times, remember you want her to bring something to the relationship, and not only youself because think it for a minute, if she decides to to stick with you anymore she's gonna think, - "well I have score some point with him/her",... remember, women are about long relationships, even if they say no, they want to have somehting secure, but please don't make it easier for her, and don't pay every time you go out with her, tell her, -"Hey why don't you invite me to dinner this time, let's go grab a subway ;)" This has helped me a lot when I want them to commit, remember this word, Commitment on her part, but not yours, got it? ;)

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Crazy Asian said:
It's for Prom.
You are the man and you will learn soon enough that she who posesess a vagina tends to get payed for... WHy? cause there arent enough of then for all the men that want them to they become valuable enough to command special treatment.. SIMPLE SUPPLY ADN DEMAND

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ARrocket said:
No, it's not.

And I think loveequation made a very good point.
I'd be curious on what the cost consist of beyond the venue. As for loveequation's point it does come into play whether you present yourself as either a provider or as a lover. You're more than likely dealing with women who only know of providers. They are looking for what a guy can do or provide than who he is. It'll make more sense when you get to a point of spending $50-100 each time you go out with a woman.