Official bootcamp thread starting 9/16/04

ProduceDpt

Reaction score
Light successes reap continual benefits

So at the conclusion of week one, these have been my big scores.

I was sitting in the student union on Student Council election day, so there were a lot of people campaigning on campus for whatever bull**** candidate they wanted. I figured "hey, this is a great opportunity to meet some girls! I don't even have to approach them!"
But I wanted to do something equally weird. So I went over to the information booth and picked up some phamplets on sexual harrassment, and then sat down at a table in the cafeteria and started reading my book.
A girl approached me. Not very good looking, but what the hell.
Her: Excuse me, would you like to hear some information on Paddy for president?
Me: I'll tell you what I'll do--I'll listen to your shpiel on Paddy for president if you'll listen to some information on sexual harrassment and knowing your rights
Her: *sitting down at the table* Alright, you're on!

I can't believe that actually worked, but she wasn't very attractive at all, so I told her I had already voted. It was a good start, and I did it once more that day with dismal results, but I didn't care because I had all the proof I needed.

Later, I fount myself at the train station in line buying a ticket, and saw that the girl in front of me had a Sydney Uni ID, so I got the conversation rolling by asking her where the location of something was, and she agreed to show it to me. We talked around the train station, and I got her e-mail afterwards. I don't think I've ever done anything like that before. It was pretty killer.

So now I have a huge confidence boost before I head to Brisbane. Or at least, I would be there right now, if I hadn't missed my train...

And to Duke007, I'm actually American, studying in Australia for a year. It's great!

Zonder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all, props for frivolous for organizing this BC. I started the boot camp last Thursday too. I'm still in Uni so I decided to post here instead of the mature man BC. Anyway...

Day 1.

I don't feel comfortable saying hi (big news here). I find it much more natural to say "How you doing" "How's it going" "What's up". So when I talk about saying hi's I usually mean one of the other phrases. I only say "Hi" if I don't want to pursue a convo. And even there I feel "Hey!" is more natural.

In my first class I said hi to 2 guys and started small convo (about school stuff). We chatted for a few mins and the class started. I don't usually talk to strange like that unless I want to get to know them (and not just for the sake of conversation).

During the break I went outside of the building where many ppl go between classes and said hi to some chick who was smoking alone. She didn't look receptive so I moved on.

I spotted a guy (CB) and two chicks (4 and 6) from my class talking about 30 feet from me. CB looked chumpish, bad hair, bad clothes, ugly, hunched over, etc. The chicks might be a 4 and a 6 but he still didn't deserve to talk to them alone. Outraged at this social injustice, I proceeded to remedy the situation and at the same time get 3 more hi's. I made two steps in their direction and choked. My feet suddenly weighed 50 pounds each; a hot wave washed over me and I was unable to continue. It occurred to me that I'd never approached a group of unknown people. "What should I say?" "How can I approach them?" I realized I had no idea what to do and decided to execute a strategic withdrawal to regroup. So I turned around and went back in.

I don't know if I was mad at myself for chickening out or for lacking the social skills to complete the approach but I hadn't felt that bad for months. I always thought I had decent social skills. Now I realize it was because I always stay in my comfort zone. Thank god for the BC.

I was just going back in when I saw I guy from the class I knew (JIM) go out. My eyes followed him out and he joined the group I had tried to approach. I figure, "It's now or never." So I go after him and join them (he seemed to know them from before). I made some inane comment to Jim: "Taking a break, huh," or something like that. He said, "Yeah" and kept listening to the other guy. Now I'm just sitting there like an idiot, cause I expected to join the convo but the other guy (CB) moved between me and the rest of the group with his back toward me, and Jim didn't say anything to help me out (friggin' chump).

CB said something I couldn't hear and they all went to get coffee from a coffee shop 2 mins away. Nobody even looked at me, even Jim. I did the best I could think of in this situation, which was to keep standing there like an idiot staring at them. I thought, "I'm screwed." Fortunately, the better looking chick (Ana - she was above average -6- just because she lacked any features that could be interpreted as ugly, kind of like Natalie Portman) turned toward me and smiled to indicate that I should come with them, so I did and chatted her up. I wish I hadn't. On the way, I managed some short convo with her, but about 30 secs after we started CB started talking to her about something that they'd discussed before so I had to shut up and try to talk to Jim. Jim didn't want to talk to me (I think he had a cold or something). When we got there Ana rekindled the convo with me and I figured the hardship were over, but CB immediately joined us and AGAIN started talking about something I didn't know.

We went back and sat for a few mins before the break was over, all the time along the way he was pretending I wasn't there and trying to stand between me and the chicks. When we got to class we still had a few mins so we stopped to chat. I started talking to Ana again and CB again diverted her without acknowledging me. I chatted with the other chick until it was time to go. I guess that only counts as 2 hi's 'cause the guy pretended I wasn't even there. This was so friggin' embarrassing that I was down for the rest of the day.

In retrospect, I think CB succeeded in making me look like a retard. Jim said only 2 words the whole 20 minutes. Ana was encouraging me to do something on several occasions and tried to help me out but butI couldn't handle CB and screwed it up. I got 2 hi's, which felt like one of the worst failures in my life. I got out-Alphaed but some ugly anti-social moron (who wasn't as asocial as I'd initially thought - knew enough to screw me over). I hope he's not over at SS bragging how he AMOG'd some pretty boy. If this is happening, the chicks will have magically turned into a 7 and a 9 ;)

What I should have done is obviously to tackle him first. I could have tooled him or something and then switched to the chicks. Overall, this was probably the best experience I've had so far. I identified a problem I hadn't known I had and now will deal with it properly.

This experience alone was worth thee time dedicated to BC tenfold! Never underestimate the lessons of a failed attempt!

Week 1, Day 2.

Nothing much to report, I said Hi to a few people in class. During the break, when people were going out I held the door as if I was waiting for somebody and said hi to everybody who passed through it. I know it's cheating, and I like it. Actually I thought it was fairly original until I saw Maverick using the same startegy. Oh well.

Total: 25 Hi's

Week 1, Days 3-6

On day 3 I said a few hi's to people waiting with me in line or in my close proximity. This is how I finished the 50 hi's and even kept initiating convo's for fun. I found that often when I start convo's with chicks they are more reserved than guys, unless it's in class, but it happens even in class if they're really hot (or think they are). Originally I thought I was going to post every day but I don't have the time so I'll post as often as I can.

Aresx

Don Juan
Reaction score
FR/PR: Another try at sarging
Date: 9/23/04

I was using the Opinion opener today, since that's all I've had. I'm trying to make this automatic, and without the slightest hesitation, because I still pause before I approach a girl. I'm doing this at work, so I can't always follow the 3s rule (I might be with a customer), so I just open as soon as I get a chance. Also, this is the main content of my interaction with the girls, no number exchanges, no names. I'm just getting myself to be able to approach like it's nothing.

-Part 1: My first 2 set
I see these two girls with this one average guy. I go up to them later, and as I'm about to open, the guy leaves. I was looking forward to seeing how a guy in the group would react to me opening his friends. Anyway, ask the question, get an answer, say bye. This doesn't sound like much, but read my second FR in the bootcamp ("another miserable failure") and you'll see that for me, it's a mission itself just to become comfortable approaching girls.

-Part 2: HBmarried & HBspanish
Open a chick, and then I see a rock the size of Texas on her finger. Anyway, I'm not closing yet, just opening. I open another chick, and I run into the same problem as yesterday. She doesn't speak much english, so I have to explain the word cheat to her. I follow my own advice from yesterday, and actually stick to my guns this time, following up with the "Why?" or "What makes you think that?" and "Have you ever cheated, has a guy ever cheated on you?" thing.

At this point I start to wonder about a few things.
- I should increase kino upon first meeting.
- I need to come up with a transition or be able to follow up with more stuff

I almost didn't approach these girls for some reason. Although the fear was't tangible, I decided that I was just making excuses, which is a more subtle way in which fear can sabotage you. Since starting to open girls, I've discovered that I'm suddenly less inhibited, and that my C&F remarks around people I know have improved.

-Part 3: HBBlonde & HBbigtits
This one was a little harder for me because I was severely attracted to her, and it made me hesitant. She was kind of stand-offish. After asking the question, I didn't follow up much, and I ejected quickly. When she was leaving the store, and I was there, she pretended not to notice me.

I hesitated a lot with HBbigtits, and had two false attempts. Eventually I grabbed my sack and just did it. With her I was able to prolong after the initial opener by asking "What are you studying?" since she had a book in front of her. I ejected sooner than I could have, touching her arm and saying she procrastinated. On her way out, she smiled and waved at me.

Unfortuantely, I hesistated later on and missed an awesome 2-set. ****.

-Part 4: HBcolorguard & HBtonedbody

I opened this girl. After the initial opener, I prolonged the conversation by commenting on the shirt she was wearing, which represented her school.

She is a senior in high school, and reminds me very much of HBFriend, and I discovered she was on the color guard. Since I actually knew what color guard was, we got into a conversation about who she knew and stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't elicit values on that stuff. I should have asked why she liked it so much, what was the best parts, etc. If I was closing I could have said "Hey when's your next practice/football game, I'll come see you." Or is that an AFC thing to do (come watch a girl during practice, and I have no interaction with her - never mind, I answered my own question)?

At this point I came up with a good idea for initiating some kino - the palm reading gimmick. I could intro this by saying "OMG, you know what your hands are saying about you right now? Gimme your hand for a second, (grab it, slow and calm, trace lines with fingertip)..." Hmmm.. maybe next time.

I opened HBtonedbody and she seemed kind of on her guard. She was playing with her hair, though, but wouldn't face me directly. I kept turning away from her to see the effect of me pulling back/turning away, and it had a medium effect, but nothing to piss my pants about. We ended up having another conversation about male./female roles (would you still marry a guy if he made less money than you... maybe I should have said would you marry ME if I made less money than you), and I just was so annoyed with her body language towards me that I told her I had to get back to work.

-Closing
I used to do a lot of things to impress people I know. In fact, that was one of my first motivations for becoming a PUA/DJ - bragging rights. Now I'm just doing it for myself, since I masturbate much less (2-3 times a day to 2-3 times in 3 days). I didn't even care when my co-workers would stare and ogle the HBtonedbody when she walked by. This is great. And I don't have to brag to anyone anymore... I can just do that here, and actually get useful feedback or flamed (which will keep me aware of when to draw the line).

Holy crap, that's 7 approaches in 8 hours (Hey, I'm at work, too). And the 2-set at the beginning counts as 1 approach. Wow, this is not much, but compare this to my first two FR's.

So I'm up to 9 approaches/short conversations so far. Yay.

-Nocturnal (fastseduction.com)
-AresX (sosuave.com)

TinyFzzyKiwi

Don Juan
Reaction score
well ****, im falling behind, 2 much homework keeping me down all day. Still havnt goteen all the hi's in, but im sure im close to the ec. definatly, getting some very very good ec in with a few people at my school. Just gota get more. Got a solution though, make ec and say hi 2 everyone in my classes, hell, one of my classes has 60 ppl in it.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
weeek 2 started..

how many are on week 2?

my week one was fine..I havent gone out in 2 days.

I have a few girls i got numbers from.
and 1 I want to talk to.

so off to meet more this weekend.

good luck guys

Recluce

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 2, thursday and friday morning.

well i started a conversation with this one girl on the bus... maybe a 6...maybe. i started talking to her in line while waiting for the bus and she sat in front of me on the bus so i pulled her hair a couple of times and looked at the guy next to me like he was stupid when she turned around. she loved it.

i had another date with a girl planned for last night, last week i made the mistake of telling her to call me 30 minutes before to get directions to my place. so i called her 45 minutes ahead of time to tell her that something came up and i would be running 15 minutes late. she told me that she overheated her car and wouldn't be able to drive and she had a big test today so she couldn't do it, BUT she wanted to reschedule so its now set for saturday afternoon. sweet. i also got a booty call from a HB7 that lives half an hour away but missed the call and she didn't pick up when i called back an hour later.

today was good as well. this morning i talked to claire again (the chick that i met yesterday) and she said that i know one of her friends (HB8). turns out it was a girl whose number i picked up last week. go figure. she tells me that her friend is trying to work things out with her ex-b/f. so i changed the subject back onto claire, asked her what she was up to this weekend in attempt to try to get in good with claire so she'll pass on good things about me to her HB8 friend. we talk for a little while and we get off the bus.

on the way back from school i sat with this HB7.5 or 8 (couldn't tell, her booksack was on her lap blocking the bottom half of her body) she was holding about 200 index cards studying something so i didn't really want to bother her until it looked like a good time. i kept my eye on her and when i saw her looking out of the window for 5 seconds i initiate conversation and ask her what class she is studying for. she replies and goes abruptly back to studying. a minute later her calculator falls out of her booksack and lands on my foot. i pick it up and say,"ok...now what are you gonna trade for it?" jokingly. she smiles then i hand it to her and she goes back to studying. 2 minutes later her calculator falls out AGAIN on my foot. so i take the opportunity to bust on her by saying,"ok, i get it. i'll talk to you, but next time just say hi instead of dropping your calculator on my foot." she laughed a little bit and we talk a little more before getting off the bus. i would have number closed her but she seemed like a really shy quiet person.

2 conversations so far. tonight im working behind the bar again and from my success last weekend (check my thread on the discussion board for details on the date with the HB9 i met and number closed that weekend and almost ended up going home with her if i would have kept my head on straight) im really looking forward to it. after all, its ladies night tonight which means free drinks for them. hang on to your panties ladies, here i come!

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to start over at week 1. I started out great last week but I got too busy with school and then my ex gf started coming around me, acting like she wanted me back, then fukking with my head. Damn, I'm such an afc.

Okay I'll start again and I'll restate my goals...

I am joining this to force myself out there, make more friends and get better with girls.

My goal is to make it past week 4. If I can do that I will be very satisfied, past week 5 the bootcamp focuses on dating tons of girls and I would be happy with just one or two. But who knows, my goals might change along the way.
Here I go again with week 1 and the 50 hellos....

"Hi"

"Hello"

"How's it going?"

yada yada yada

TinyFzzyKiwi

Don Juan
Reaction score
man, tonight was pimp as hell at football game. Didn't even watch it. but i think i already got about 6 convo's with ppl alrdy. I knew most of them but havnt actually ever talked to them. Oh well, just gotta keep going and always be improving.

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
u guys do the exercises alone? I feel like a loser walking around by myself trying to do the exercise; especially at night or weekends :(

TinyFzzyKiwi

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, i didnt really complete week 1s exercises, still workin on that.

but i was with a friend when i was talkin 2 people, he knew alot of em and introduced me, so i guess it kinda doesnt count. even though i had gone 2 school witt alot of em, i had nvr actually talked to them.

Doc73

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me, a couple of days after boot camp started I came down with a nasty cold, which more or less kept me indoors for most of the week. That and I had a severe confidence drop as well. Thankfully I have recovered from both and have decided to finish week one and continue to week two.

A couple of days ago, when week two officially started I went to the gym to work out (its amazing how a pain filled intense workout can help you get out of a rut). I had a couple of good conversations with a couple of guys there, and a really good convo with one of the chicks that worked there. The entire time I was talking to her I made sure I held eye contact. The only negative things about our convo was that I had a hard time thinking of any C+F things to say and that I didnt go for the # close. Next time I see her I plan to rectify that mistake.

Yesterday (friday) I went to the grocery store and I practiced making and holding eye contact with strangers. I met the sister of my best friend there and we had a good conversation. Before I left I mentioned that we should get together sometime and she gave me her #. Although I am interested in her only as a friend, it still gave me good practice on how to ask a girl for her #. Besides one can never have too many female friends and she does have VERY cute friends herself :)

On a side note I have begun making a private journal about my progress to becoming a DJ. Its more or less designed to note my successes and to remember my failures so I can learn from them. Perhaps I will publish it on this board once I give my first lay report but for now its for my eyes only. After all, how can I know where I am going if I dont know where I came from.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey guys whats up?

how are things for you guys?

I havent been able to get on. I hope everyone is keeping up.

dont give up if you feel like it. bevcause life is to short to get down and out.

Mr. Canisbus. said to me. "I think, therefore I am"

yes Gentlemen its a state of mind.

good luck

Ak89

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 2

I have done 1 convo so far

On friday i could have started up convo's with at least 14 girls that looked interested in me. But i still have that AFC bug inside of me so i didn't. I just walked by smiled and said high.

But i did talk to this one girl for atleast 15 mins i didnt bother getting the number. I also talked to a second girl but didn't count it cause it was only about 30 secs i was feeling awkward because it felt like i changed my voice and i didnt like it.

lol

so i got a long way to go this week.

I am more confident now and i can now look at anyone in there eye's with no problem. I also pretty decent at saying hi.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I spent the afternoon going to the Mall, Walmart, Target ect. to collect some hi's.

One of the hi's was to a really hot blonde and I was afraid to say hi to her because she wasn't facing me. But I walked up to her and said hi to the back of her, she turned around and smiled and said hi back.

Also as far as the hi's I'm trying to be more conversational. Instead of just blurting out hi all the time, sometimes I say "how are you doing?" which leads to a mini conversation of sorts.

Oh yeah, for those who don't remember, I am making a point to get all my hi's from HB7's or better so it's going slow. I'm giving myself until Friday to finish this exercise.

The EC exercise is a breeze. I can easily hold anyone's gaze. I just hope I'm appearing more confident and not like a pyscho with a staring problem. :)

Hi count so far: 11

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I've been getting a few more hi's in. As I walked into the campus library I got 3 in a span of 30 seconds from 3 different HBs!

The last one I really wanted to get a hi out of pretty badly. She was a tall girl with long blonde hair. I saw her walking towards me and I veered in her direction so I would be within range. I was going to say hi to her with or without any eye contact. But to my amazement she was totally holding my EC. Then I said hi to her and when she said hi back her voice was kind of sultry and sexy. I nearly creamed in my pants!

Needless to say I'm feeling a lot more outgoing! At first I didn't think this exercise would do much for me but I feel way more social. I feel like I can walk up to anyone in this library and start talking. What a powerful feeling.

Anyways, how come not many people are updating on this thread? I thought there were like 30 people involved. It would be nice to hear if other people are feeling the same way I am.

Total Hi Count 22

Last edited:

Zonder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by david90
u guys do the exercises alone? I feel like a loser walking around by myself trying to do the exercise; especially at night or weekends :(
You're actually lucky to be alone. I'll tell you why. I tried several times to do DJing with friends. At first they were curious but when they saw I was improving they started holding me back and trying to get me to stop. Being along you are only responsible for yourself. With friends, you have to convince them to and they don't want to be convinced.

They have accepted the status quo because they like it. They like the status they have in your social circle. The last thing they want is for you to become independent of them and outgrow them. most of them are all talk and no action, they would never be able to even start the boot camp. They want the gullible old you, not the new alpha who will emerge after you complete the boot camp.

Once you complete it you will realize that some people you considered ultimate PUA's are actually just a bunch of jerks, for whom pretending to be PUA's is the only joy in life. They need somebody to believe they are great, once you do the boot camp you will realize that all those "popular" guys you envied through high school and college are just a bunch of lonely insecure kids. The kind of ridiculous problems they have is absolutely inane. You only see the flashy side of them and not the reality they are facing, which is that you're so much better of than they are. . Then you'll be the alpha in their circle. Nobody wants the kid they push around to turn into an alpha. This is why trying to change with your friends around is MUCH worse than doing it all alone.

Last edited:

Zonder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 2

Week 2, days 1-3

I initiated a few convo's with people aroudn me - all went smoothly with the guys and some of the chicks (I only hit on hot ones - some homelier chicks often give me EC but I act like I don't notice.)

Some HB's will just leave the thread of the convo die out and won't give consistent eye-contact or smile. Sometimes they will volunteer a little information, which is usually a sign that they want to continue the convo but it's like it just slips away without their controllling it. I will talk some, tell some story or make observations about the surroundings, ask open-ended questions as a last resort. They just give a short answer and shut up. This is an obvious hint to show you they're not interested; I do the same when a chick I'm not interested in (or a friggin' fag) hits on me and I can't run away.

I've been wondering if that can't be used to get them to be more interested (i.e. they just sit there and wait for you to do something - implicitly to get lost) instead of just leaving them alone. I guess it won'te be harassment if they didn't actually tell me to stop. Give me your feedback.

I got 8 convos so far (only 1 with a hottie) the other HB's just let the convo die out before 2 mins, or after more than 2 mins but just because I talked most of the time - they never tried to hold their end of the convo no matter what I tried.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea no ****.

if ur boys are AFC"s go out with them

but then get away to talk to chicks..this is for you not them. if they are holding you back....tell them to STFU or get new friends..remember you are NUMBER 1

Zonder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Light successes reap continual benefits

Originally posted by ProduceDpt

Me: I'll tell you what I'll do--I'll listen to your shpiel on Paddy for president if you'll listen to some information on sexual harrassment and knowing your rights
Her: *sitting down at the table* Alright, you're on!
That stuff is gold! I can't believe people missed it. Keep up the good work!