Official bootcamp thread starting 9/16/04

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
btw, with hotornot, you've got to wait for at least a hundred votes to get an accurate rating.

good site for it is wouldyouhitthis.com my account's http://www.wouldyouhitthis.com/?id=97119

lifeforce, what's the basic strategy of ad's machine? i'm gonna have to check out those posts soon

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Unforsaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, when did this turn into a Beauty contest?...I thought this was a bootcamp. lol

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gav:

As I wrote, I'll be approaching and checking interest from the start, if I am not happy within 1-2 minutes with the response I get from her interest then I will next. This is to find a partner so I will not try to use any techniques that is not incorporated into my personality. Great to have you with me in the AD thing. If you had MSN or similar it would be fun to discuss those things. :) You look too nice gav, if I was a girl I would swoon over you and wet my pants. :p

I will also focus some more and ****ing some chicks too, like this weekend that's coming up.

unforsaken: I understand your feelings. However as frivo... has shared his results of wouldyouhitthis? I feel compelled to do the same thing. Sofar only half of the guys who have voted at me want to lay me, now I feel a little disappointed, but I think I can handle it and if I ever turn gay I have a fair chance of getting laid :p

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Straying from the original topic a little, have you noticed on the site Gav posted and also on hotornot it's not the prettiest faces in the top ten, but rather the most toned bodies? Applies to both men and women.

Obvious advice - you want sex appeal, get in shape!

PS. Gav - your mailbox on here is full. :)

Unforsaken

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce

unforsaken: I understand your feelings. However as frivo... has shared his results of wouldyouhitthis? I feel compelled to do the same thing. Sofar only half of the guys who have voted at me want to lay me, now I feel a little disappointed, but I think I can handle it and if I ever turn gay I have a fair chance of getting laid :p
lol...

Yesterday was a good day for me. I followed up with a HB rated around 8 in my class. Her name was Emily. I got to know her better and I notice her kept looking at me instead of the professor. I am trying a new approach with her in taking it more slow. I am seeing if my recent failed attempt have come, because I was rushing.

I also had a interested conversation. As I called my friend, some how I had the wrong number and I ended up calling this lady by the name Carmen. I had no idea who she is, but somehow it went from you got the wrong number to how are you doing.

I would like to thank lbfan1638. He goes to the same University as I do. We meet up yesterday at F.I.U. He gave me alot of support and helped gain my confidence back.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dirtheart
Straying from the original topic a little, have you noticed on the site Gav posted and also on hotornot it's not the prettiest faces in the top ten, but rather the most toned bodies? Applies to both men and women.

Obvious advice - you want sex appeal, get in shape!

definitely. if any of you doing this bootcamp aren't working out i serious recommend getting your ass down to the gym. not only do you get a nice body, you feel a hell of a lot better and puts you in a better state of mind to pickup. somedays i've gone from feeling shyt to being on top of my game after an hour's workout.

dirtheart, cheers for the heads up, mailbox is cleared now

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gav
definitely. if any of you doing this bootcamp aren't working out i serious recommend getting your ass down to the gym. not only do you get a nice body, you feel a hell of a lot better and puts you in a better state of mind to pickup. somedays i've gone from feeling shyt to being on top of my game after an hour's workout.
Interesting idea. Anyone want to design a DJ Boot Camp/Workout Program? Like in week one you get 50 hi's and also get in 3 work-outs of certain muscle groups. Hehehe, I don't know, maybe the boot camp itself is enough, and people will just have to sort out their own workout schedule.

Aresx

Don Juan
Reaction score
FR/PR: Daily Practice

The PR I have is called a Practice Report. Practice means that I'm not going out specifically to meet women, I just test out the openers when I'm at

work, school, etc. Of course, at work I am limited a bit, since I don't want to get accused of sexual harrassment. As Gunwitch (I think) pointed out

to me, you can't get good at driving if you drive one day a week. You have to drive every day, at least a little bit. The same with women. So, I've

bceome nearly obsessive about where and how I can approach women - the answer is everywhere and the how's are on this board and others.

Here goes...

-Part 1: Getting the "Look"
I initiate eye contact with a girl I knew from Miami-Dade Community College. I used to always see her in the gym. We recognize each other, but I

do the whole scrutinize her with my eyes thing, and squint. This gets a smile, so I decide to lock this look onto my face when I'm around women.

-Part 2: I pop my approach "cherry"
I hover around this one HB, waiting around for everyone else to leave, because I am terrified of people overhearing me. Then I remember Sharks

words - "Are you afraid people will know that you **** chicks?" I finally grab my sack, and due to some realizations on my part last night

(mentioned at the end of this FR/PR, as well as the previous encouragement from other forum members, I approach her.
"Hey! (She turns around) I need a female opinion on something. Who cheats more, guys or girls?"
I follow up with:
"Have you ever cheated on a boyfriend?" (She wanted to but didn't)
"Has a guy ever cheated on you?" (No, not that she knows of)
"Not to be too graphic here, but you know a **** is shaped the way it is to pull out other guy's sperm... and some sperm are meant to kill other

sperm?" (LOL Maybe that was pushing it, but **** it, she didn't seem to mind)
We get into a brief conversation, and I notice as I become more comfortable with her, the less attractive she becomes to me (or the less power her

attractiveness has over me). Weird. After a while, she has to go to the cafe to study, and I say, alright well thanks.

YAY! I count this as my first actual approach.

-Part 3: Confidence affects my automatic behavior
My ego is boosted and I am slightly more confident because I had the balls to approach a girl. Thus, when I'm ringing up a woman at the cashiers,

the following takes place.
She is a B, not a HB. I look at her eyes, and without intending to "approach" her, I say:
"Wow, are those your real eyes?"
"Yes."
"They're beautiful." (I said this slowly, and looking straight into her eyes. I wasn't even TRYING to do that. It came about naturally as a result of a

confidence boost from my first approach. Normally I would have said something more neutral, like "yeah they're kind of nice")
"Thank you."- She leaves.

-Part 4: Hesistation and it's results
I see this girl I want to approach, but I am waiting for her to get out of line. I end up assisting her in looking for a book. Then I bust the opener, but

it wasn't really "opening" her. We get into a brief conversation, but it stalls when the details get a little deeper (how she cheated on her bf, and he

cheated on her) and I don't want to run the risk of offending someone while on the job - otherwise I would have tried to find out her whole life story.
I need to come up with some neutral topics to prolong the conversation, yet keep her interested in the conversation and enjoying herself, any

ideas?

-Part 5: Sticking to my guns
I nearly make an excuse to not approach this one cute little skater chick, and there are people like 5 feet away from her, checking out other

books. I am afraid they might hear me. BUT, I man up, and open her, maybe talking a little too fast, and say "Hey, I need a female opinion. Who

cheats more, guys or girls?" She replies "Um... no hablo ingles" Then, in halting English she says "Maybe I understand if you speak slow." I repeat

the question and she says "Guys." I feel a little discouraged because I don't want to try so hard to open if she can barely understand me. So I say

thanks, and leave. I walk away and then think, maybe this could be a learning experience, so I turn around and go up to her and say "Okay,

why?" She shrugs, and doesn't answer. I am done with this one. I say thanks and leave.

-Part 6: Discovery of a good compliment
Later on, my boss, who is sexy as hell, and we always have C&F banter, accuses me of slacking. I say "You're the funniest woman I've ever met."

And she says "Thank you! No one's ever said that to me before." I think it had a good effect, and that type of compliment I can use on any woman

(when the time is right) and they will feel great.

-Part 7: Cute story/joke to tell girls.
"Girls pee in the beach. You can tell because they are all tightly wound up as they're walking into the water, and as soon as they get in, they get

this relaxed look on their face and they sigh - this is when they pee." My cousin told me this, although in a funnier way, with body language and

gestures, and when I told this to some co-workers they busted out laughing and said, it's so true! I think this is a good one for young chicks in the

18-25 age range. Older might get offended by it.

So, my score is: 2 approaches. I need about at least 23 more, or however many it takes for me to be comfortable approaching anywhere. I need to

find a wider array of openers, though.
---------------------------------------

What drove me to do this:

I looked back on the time of when I was a freshman in high school. I saw the drumline and was like oh wow, they are good, I don't think I'll ever be

able to drum THAT fast. I got put playing the xylophones, which was a cool experience, but I was downtrodden a lot whenever I used to see the

drumline play, while I was stuck playing the geeky ass xylophone. I practiced that year like a maniac. If I had to write with my right hand, I'd

practice my left hand. If I took a ****, I would take a practice pad and drumsticks and practice. I'd practice while watching TV. During classes I

would practice. During lunch I would practice. While waiting for a ride I'd practice. I'd even practice AFTER practice. It was my obsession. When I

could, I got some of the other drummers to work with me. Sometimes I just went to watch them play and tried to learn by ear. I went to websites

and learned some exercises, and practiced some more. I loved it. By my sophomore year, I was really good at drumming. I made the drumline that

year, and everyone was like wow, and happy for me. After I became a bad-ass, I had the option to do Drum Corps for Boston Crusaders - not the

best, but a very good drumline. Drum Corps is like a professional marching band, and even the worst players there blow away really good players. I

even started teaching drumming for a while. Here's where this is relevant.

I parallel this to becoming a PUA/DJ. I beceme great at things when I get obsessed and commit myself to it. So instead of my previous scientific

approach of going to a club, or a county away once a weekend, I am trying to do it every chance I get. If I'm not on the field, I'll be theorizing. Of

course, I have to balance this with college courses, too, but damn this is a much better approach. Okay, so instead of studying like I'm supposed to

now, I'll do like I did in high school and look for some more openers.

This is ****ing great.

-Nocturnal (fastseduction.com)
-AresX (sosuave.com)
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/4381937

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Briefly back to wouldyouhitthis.com - the site is a piece of crap. Don't take a rating here seriously

This hoebags got 93%....has the world gone insane??

http://www.wouldyouhitthis.com/index.php?id=86633

It's looks like she's already been errrmmm.....used :)

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 1 Day 1 (Thurs. Sep. 16, 2004)

This is it! I am pumped! Right after work, I'm going to go out and about and work the exercises.

Dammit, I was snookered at work and wasn't able to leave until 9 p.m. I headed straight for the local Walmart to try the EC and "Hi" exercises combined.

What is it with people? They just look away when you make eye contact. No hi's.

This is going to be more difficult than I thought. No problem, I'm over it. I'll keep on keeping on.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 1 Day 2 (Fri. Sep. 17, 2004)

Freakin' snookered again at work!! Couldn't leave until 8:30 p.m.

Went to the boardwalk and same damn thing, no one returned eye contact from 15 of my EC initiations. Do I have leprosy or something? I know I'm not ugly. No hi's.

Maybe I'm not coming across as relaxed, comfortable and/or confident. I've got to chill and treat the whole thing as a fun experiment or game and just run with it.

Tomorrow's another day.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 1 Day 3 (Sat. Sep. 18, 2004)

Had to take my mother to the doctor's and so I told her to call my cell. once she was done. During her appointment I went and explored the local neighbourhood on foot (Dundas between Jane and Keele, in Toronto).

Same thing. No one was returning EC and when I got close enough to say hi they weren't looking at me.

Another thing, there were groups of people walking around, in 2's and 3's, and I didn't even bother trying to say hi to them. Maybe I should've. What's the difference really?

1 successful EC and hi to an Asian guy, who happened to be standing in a doorway and smoking. lol

There was this damn fine chica who was walking towards me and I did the EC. It was returned. I was determined to say hi to her no matter if there was or wasn't EC when she was close, but 2 storefronts away she enters a beauty salon. C0ckblocked by her vanity. LOL

A lady says hi to me and asks for directions. I'm not counting this.

Another fine chica and I establish EC and we hold it. We're actually checking each other out. Stupid me though, I FORGOT TO SAY HI. Duh. After we pass one another, I'm slapping my forehead for being a moron.

At least I've convinced myself that I'm not totally a social leper. Baby steps I know but still it's something.

My mom's appointment is done, she calls and I take her home.

Later I go to visit my friend who owns a flea market. I figure there are going to be lots of people, the weather's awesome, and so I should be able to get lots of hi's.

I end up spending more time shooting the sh1t with him instead of doing the exercises. An hour and a half later...and the flea market's closing up. I did manage to get in 3 hi's though. That's 4 total.

I go to my car and the driver's side door is unlocked. I locked it. I open the door and peer inside.

The stereo's gone! A freakin' big hole and the dangling wire harness are staring back at me. I left the faceplate on because I always do when I'm visiting, what I think is a secure parking area. The flea market even has security and boy did they get reamed out for this. The only other thing missing was my CD case full of CD's, that I burned myself from mp3's, so no huge loss there.

I had parked my car on the side and it was kind of out of the way and out of view from the main entrances, so that was secluded enough I guess.

The dash surround for the stereo was chewed up and the HVAC insert was cracked. Nothing else stolen or damaged. It seems like the thief or thieves entered the car using a coat hanger type thing from the top outside window seal and opened the lock.

Kind of bummed out but this is life in the big city. No problem, I'm over it. I get to get a new stereo now and I'm installing a car alarm and the face plate goes with me no matter what.

Another thing - NO SOCIALIZING WITH FRIENDS DURING THE EXECUTION OF BC EXERCISES! NO EXCEPTIONS! If I'm going to c0ckblock myself, I should drop out right now. lol

Another full day ahead tomorrow. Let's hit it.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 1 Day 4 (Sun. Sep. 19, 2004)

Had tons of errands to run but still managed to get 5 hi's in. That's 9 total so far.

Had a comprehensive eye examination that lasted for over 2 hours, including touching the eyes with a probe like thing while my pupils were made to be temporarily dilated for a fixed time. I hate anything sharp or pointy getting close to my eyes. Have to ask the folks about this one.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 1 Day 5 (Mon. Sep. 20, 2004)

I have got to get a new job. Couldn't leave until 7 p.m.

I'm getting sick of the office atmosphere, figuratively not literally, although stress is definitely a psycho-somatic thing and so I have to nip it in the bud before I reach the point where the stress starts ailing me. The office politics bs is just too much.

I know I won't be able to supplicate to the powers that be at work anymore because of my DJ reversion but that's their problem, not mine.

In a recent DYD newsletter, in one of the emails submitted to David D., it said that you should make your own reality and then live in it because otherwise you're subject to the whims of others. I totally agree. I'm going to move on to greener pastures or start my own farm as it were. I'm leaning to the latter rather than the former, but I digress...

Are you guys counting the store clerks, restaurant servers, etc. who are people that are paid to be nice and talk with you as hi's towards the total of 50? I have been saying hi to all kinds of people working in the service industry but I'm not counting them. I might start doing that if time's winding down and the total of 50 is not within reach.

Went to the local Lenscrafters after work to get my eyeglasses prescription filled. Picked out 2 sweet pairs of glasses. One regular and one pair of sunglasses.

What is it with the poofy sunglasses? Real men wear Rayban Aviator or Sharpshooter shades. I'll probably get flamed for that one but I had to say it. I'm digressing again...

Walked around the Woodbine Mall and got in another 5 hi's. That's 14 so far.

Holy crap! I still have 36 to get through for Tues. and Wed. before starting Week 2 on Thurs. I may have to call in sick and go hang out downtown tomorrow or Wed. :cool:

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 1 Day 6 (Tues. Sep. 21, 2004)

It's about 4:05 p.m. right now and I have to go and pickup my car after work, so I'll be leaving at 4:30. After that, the rest of the evening is going to be devoted to the EC and hi exercises.

Phew! Got in 20 hi's at Square One. There's some damn fine women here. I'm definitely going to make Square One a regular place for PU's. That's 34 hi's so far. Only 16 more to go.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bootcamp Journal for Maverick001 --- Week 1 Day 7 (Wed. Sep. 22, 2004)

Left work a little late today, about 6:30 p.m. and headed over to the local Walmart again. I kind of cheated here, I think. Here's what I did. I bought a Coke, stood nearby the entrance sipping it and greeted people as they were coming in! Easy as pie. Made the 50 hi's. lol

The biggest lesson I learned is that people, generally don't get their knickers or boxers in a twist if you say hi or hello in an open friendly manner. Those who are cold, aloof or otherwise ignoring you...who cares? It's the old sw cubed or (sw)^3 axiom if you will. Some will respond, some won't, so what...NEXT!

All in all, this BC is going pretty good.

This next week's going to be really challenging though because I've got my son over an overnight weekend visit, so this Friday, Saturday and Sunday are total write-offs as far as working the BC Week 2 exercises go. Oh well, I can handle it. I'll just work harder on the remaining days.

My apologies for posting all these at once but it couldn't be helped. Comments are welcome.

Last edited:

Recluce

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok need a little advice

Last edited:

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Moderators,

Please move my posts, in this thread, from Sep-23-2004, to the "Boot Camp for The Mature Man" thread.

Thanks.
Mav