Napoleon Hill, Brian Tracy, and the LOA

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset, can you or can you not get car parks in the city, in the exact position you imagine with 95% success.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
If you deny POSITIVE AFFIRMATION at the age of 20, tell me how your life went when you reach 30.
Hey, I CAN do that! lol. Not that great. Lots of pain and frustration.

Fortunately for me I'm young enough to change, and I am changing.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK lets do an experiment.

Lets all imagine checks coming it the mail every day instead of bills. Just like David Schirmer did.

Ask the universe every day and see what happens.

If you do this enough you should be able to give up your job.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
If you deny POSITIVE AFFIRMATION at the age of 20, tell me how your life went when you reach 30.
People get along just fine without positive affirmation.

You are not the judge of success in someones life.

The secret is attractive to greedy people with materialistic goals.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
OK lets do an experiment.

Lets all imagine checks coming it the mail every day instead of bills. Just like David Schirmer did.

Ask the universe every day and see what happens.

If you do this enough you should be able to give up your job.
First things first. Imagine money and ABUNDANCE (this includes happiness, love, laughter, hot chicks everywhere you look, good times with friends, etc.) just flowing into your life. Start imagining money (and abundance) coming to you in weird, fun ways. Do that for a few months and notice if anything has changed or not.

Put it to the test for yourself in your own life.

Or don't.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Master Bates said:
lay off the acid.
A quite unnecessary statement. Brother Reset is giving invaluable and positive help to us brothers and you want to sh!t on it with this?

I think you should reprioritize brother.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
wolf116 said:
People get along just fine without positive affirmation.

You are not the judge of success in someones life.

The secret is attractive to greedy people with materialistic goals.
No. This pessimistic and vile perspective will do nothing but sully yoiur vision of what abundance the future, YOUR future, is available for the taking.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
A quite unnecessary statement. Brother Reset is giving invaluable and positive help to us brothers and you want to sh!t on it with this?

I think you should reprioritize brother.
Oh give me a f'n break. It's hard to take someone seriously when they preface their post by admitting they believe their thought waves alter the universe and external events. When advice is coming from a mindset and core set of beliefs like that, it's of little value and help to me.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Master Bates said:
Oh give me a f'n break. It's hard to take someone seriously when they preface their post by admitting they believe their thought waves alter the universe and external events. When advice is coming from a mindset like that, it's of little value and help to me.
Lol, I missed your acid comment. I wasn't actually giving you advice, or expecting you personally to get anything from my posts. I didn't "admit" anything. I'm not ashamed of my beliefs. I'm quite happy with them.

What is really interesting to me is the amount of energy people put towards something they have no interest in.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
First things first. Imagine money and ABUNDANCE (this includes happiness, love, laughter, hot chicks everywhere you look, good times with friends, etc.) just flowing into your life. Start imagining money (and abundance) coming to you in weird, fun ways. Do that for a few months and notice if anything has changed or not.

Put it to the test for yourself in your own life.

Or don't.
Have you even read my posts in this thread? I have already done all this.
I have a book filled with the cr@p 'the secret' preaches. Drawings, positive affirmations, things I am thankful for etc. I would go through that book morning and night for months.

I was at bad point in my life and my intelligence was compromised.
I'm very ashamed at myself for being so gullible.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
reset, can you or can you not get car parks in the city, in the exact position you imagine with 95% success.
Missed this post. I have gotten parking spaces by wanting them, green lights the whole way, that sort of thing. It's fun. Again, you really should investigate this stuff for yourself-- whatver experiences I share probably won't have much relevance to you. So if it's something you're interested in, give it a shot (or don't).

But it's not really something I worry too much about. This is like level one of an infinite level game. If I don't get the parking space, so what? But yeah there have been times when I've wanted a space in a certain area and that moment I get it. But I don't keep track. Other things happen that blow my mind that make parking spaces seem pretty mundane.

Wolf I'm basically saying, try it for yourself. Or don't.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Have you even read my posts in this thread? I have already done all this.
I have a book filled with the cr@p 'the secret' preaches. Drawings, positive affirmations, things I am thankful for etc. I would go through that book morning and night for months.

I was at bad point in my life and my intelligence was compromised.
I'm very ashamed at myself for being so gullible.
Yeah I've read your posts, maybe I missed that one. Basically, what you expect to happen, or what you focus on most of the time, is what's going to show up in your life.

Maybe the whole time you thought it was BS. That's pretty common.

And hey, maybe it's just not the sort of thing you can get much from at this point in your life. That's cool. Move on to something else then.

And for crying out loud, don't beat yourself up. You tried something out. Life is meant to be explored and experienced. What's wrong with that? No one's keeping score.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RESET! PLEASE STOP TELLING ME TO TRY THIS FOR MYSELF.
I have honestly tried this stuff, fully believing in its worth.

If you say you can get green lights more then the average person. I challenge yo to run a scientific test.

Every time you drive to work count the green lights you get, average you score over 100. Then after you reach 100, think red lights and record your results. If you show a substantial difference you will win a noble prise.

In fact why don't you apply it to gambling.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't need to respond to challenges dude. I'm telling you some of my experiences. I really don't care if you think they are scientific or not scientific. Believe what you want. I've debated this topic endlessly other places. Your experience doesn't invalidate mine.

So you say you tried it, it didn't work. Cool. Then let it go. I can't convince you of jack shyt, don't really care to.

Drop the LOA thing if it isn't making you happy, and try something that does.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset, with your skills you should be able to quit your job and play poker machines all day.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
I don't need to respond to challenges dude. I'm telling you some of my experiences. I really don't care if you think they are scientific or not scientific. Believe what you want. I've debated this topic endlessly other places. Your experience doesn't invalidate mine.

So you say you tried it, it didn't work. Cool. Then let it go. I can't convince you of jack shyt, don't really care to.

Drop the LOA thing if it isn't making you happy, and try something that does.
Just like the religious, you refuse to investigate your beliefs and remain ignorant.

I'm not trying to be happy!

*Spelling edit*

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My skills? Lol, I'm still learning myself. It is a skill though. There's a lot of resistance to money, we have many beliefs that say money is scarce. As my beliefs in abundance have grown yes more money in weird ways has come to me. It basically happens at the level you're willing to deal with. If you won the lottery today it may really shake your world up and it could be a negative thing. So you would kind of intend not for reality shaking things to happen. If you're more open to abundance, you'll probably experience it more.

So, you can basically have an abundance mentality, or a scarcity mentality. Your choice.

One thing I WOULD advise though, is to move away from just MONEY. Abundance mentality includes everything.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Just like the religious, you refuse to investigate you believes and remain ignorant.

I'm not trying to be happy!
Actually, I was a pretty hardcore atheist for many years. I spent most of my time debating religious people, I was an active skeptic, read all the atheist literature, was really into James Randi, penn & teller, carl sagan, all the "debunking" stuff. It was really good for me. Spent many many years struggling and investigating these topics, so I didn't refuse. I embraced skepticism. Still have a healthy respect for it.

Doing that helped me move away from my religious upbringing. And when I let all that stuff go, and rejected it, it was easier for me to embrace the deeper things. It started with taoism, which I saw as a spiritual belief I could maintain and still be atheist, and it's basically picked up from there.

It's been a long road and it's full of questioning. I still question. I question LOA. I try to make sense of what I experience in light of my previous belief that it couldn't be possible. That in itself has been interesting. I'm always investigating.

So, I've been on this little "quest" for years brother.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair enough.

As for money, I have never cared for it. I'm a poor student and I'm happier that way. The secret is focused on materialism because it will make the most sales that way.

All of the wishes I made when using the secret were based on self improvement.
Things like overcoming my dyslexia and ADD, shyness and weakness (body and mind).

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just discussing this the other day. The secret is ABOUT a subject. It is not the subject itself. Most people respond to materialism so that's maybe what they focus on but that's not the whole story.

Materialism, is a word, a label, for one aspect of abundance. Abundance is "lots of stuff" and there is "lots of stuff" in the universe. Thoughts, nature, trees, hot chicks, cars, crickets, movies, water, empty space. There's an abundance of abundance. The meaning is whatever meaning we give to it.

Keep focusing on improvement. That's all you can do. You'll never have it all figured out. I will never have it all figured out. But if you keep focusing on ways to improve your life, which you are doing, then you have a better chance of getting to that "place", whatever it may be to you.

Just move forward. If you find something that says to you "look into this" then go that route. If you find something that says "this is crap, ignore it" then do that.