Napoleon Hill, Brian Tracy, and the LOA

Reaction score
I've seen Napoleon Hill and Brian Tracy mentioned in positive terms on this site, and I've also seen "the Secret", Law of Attraction type stuff dismissed as a bunch of BS. I was just wondering if there are any here who see Napoleon Hill and Brian Tracy (who in several of his books and tapes makes no bones about believing in the Law of Attraction) who don't buy what the people who made "the Secret" are selling.

Napoleon Hill by the way, claims his method for attracting wealth (or anything else you want) was given to him by Andrew Carnegie, one of the world's first billionaires if not the very first, and got Thomas Edison's "stamp of approval". He also lists names of wealthy and powerful men who claimed this system as the reason for their success, these were the Donald Trumps and Bill Gates of his time.

So, is anyone here a proponent of Napoleon Hill and Brian Tracy, but not the LOA as presented in "the Secret"?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
I believe in LOA 100%.

The secret is just a different way of promoting the law of attraction. The main difference is its just an introduction to the whole LOA concept. Its a good intro for people who don't know about LOA.
Attract one billion dollars to yourself then. I've seen it done in the secret.

I really can't believe people actually believe this sh!t.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Attract one billion dollars to yourself then. I've seen it done in the secret.

I really can't believe people actually believe this sh!t.
Einstein believed in it but maybe you know something he didn't and it could all be b***s**t?

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the point of this thread? Are you having a hard time using Brian Tracy's stuff while at the same time reading about "Super-conscious"?

The "easy-out" is "recticular-activating system", which means you can experience LOA but just say that your mind is getting better at seeing opportunities that were always there.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sold Kirby vacuum cleaners a long time ago, and Brian Tracy did a lot of motivational tapes for Kirby. He is one of the most famous names in sales training, along with Zig Ziglar and Tom Hopkins.

I think much of any sales training method can be applied towards women. It's not the be-all end-all, but it helps in keeping you motivated to approach and handle rejection. Pretty much every sales close can be re-worked to use on a woman, or vice-versa. For example, aloofness, reverse psychology, and prize mentality that we use with women also can work with a sales prospect. I made sales before by getting in an argument with the prospect about whether or not they would qualify for financing. By the end of the sales interview, they are grabbing the order form out of my hand to fill it out themselves while I tell them 'no, no, I don't think you'll qualify.' :)

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Einstein believed in LOA he would have done extensive study into the matter and everyone would know about.

Did anyone actually see the part in the secret where that guy can find guaranteed parks(95% of the time at the exact park he wanted) at the front of a store. OMG are you sh!tting me? Why doesn't he use his powers for gambling, then document the whole thing to prove he can achieve greater odds using LOA and become a noble prize winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usbNJMUZSwo

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
Einstein believed in it but maybe you know something he didn't and it could all be b***s**t?
Yeah, its called the laws of attraction at the sub atomic level.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this thread was about the Lords of Acid....

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
Yeah, its called the laws of attraction at the sub atomic level.
Yeah, quantum physics shows that at a sub atomic level strange things happen to sub atomic particles when observed. Of course everything is energy as thats what atoms are - balls of energy. Scientists say this is the best proof of LOA.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
Yeah, quantum physics shows that at a sub atomic level strange things happen to sub atomic particles when observed. Of course everything is energy as thats what atoms are - balls of energy. Scientists say this is the best proof of LOA.
SHOW ME ONE SCIENTIST WHO CALLS THIS THE LAW OF ATTRACTION

No reputable scientists believe in the LOA, none!

You still haven't shown me any info on Einsteins support.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throw out the word "law", it's not helpful.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, it's a way of looking at the world, your views are not a scam.

SilverSonnet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolf, your views are biased, step back, take a look at what you are saying. You are dismissing it before you have even tried it. Why is it so hard to believe? The only reason you believe it isn't real is because you think that life has to be hard and life is about really small chances and luck. Open your mind to the possibilities around you, and you'll start to see life for what it is supposed to be. Fun.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best example Tracy presented in one of his books of LOA was thus:

imagine two pianos in a room. you bang on one middle C, and the middle C string on the other piano starts to vibrate. That is the physical law of attraction.

The basic form of the "principle" of attraction, in people, as Reset has mentioned, is the reticular activator. This developted through evolution to spot tigers and stuff way off in the distance, out of the corner of your eye.

Throw the subconscious into the mix (the subconcious is just the part of your brain that is ALWAYS working and thinking outside of your conscious awarness) which evolved, some theorize (ref. The Red Queen, Ridley) so humans could recognize non-obvious traits in others, mainly when females are in estrus, and which of the dudes is the true alpha male. (cause we ain't got feathers like peacocks).

The main problem people have with LOA is they think "I am a millionair" for like a minute, and when they don't see a million dollars, they think "man, this law is a scam" This happens because while the conscious mind is thinking one thought of "I am a millionaire" the subconscious is thinking about a bazillion other non-millionaire thoughts, which have been programmed into us since birth.

The trick is to work on your beliefs and change them over time, so when all your beliefs are congruent, (e.g. I am a millionaire), you will see loads of opportunities to make it so.

Of course, the reason so few people achieve this, is the same reason people are fat. It's not that diets don't work, its that people don't stick to them consistently.

The "think" in "As you THINK, so shall you be" is with your WHOLE brain, conscious and unconcious. And this takes a while to re program.

Self Hypnosis, affirmations, EFT, NLP are all useful tools, but they take time and consistent effort, which is why they don't work for many people.

But you could forget the above, and just continuously keep posting on internet message boards why self improvement techniques are a scam. Who knows that might work as well.:cheer:

Taiyuu

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SilverSonnet said:
Wolf, your views are biased, step back, take a look at what you are saying. You are dismissing it before you have even tried it. Why is it so hard to believe? The only reason you believe it isn't real is because you think that life has to be hard and life is about really small chances and luck. Open your mind to the possibilities around you, and you'll start to see life for what it is supposed to be. Fun.
You don't know me and you don't know what I have tried!
Why do you think I hate this sh!t so much? I was in a bad enough situation that I actually believed and tried all this crap, I even wrote down all the things and tried to control my thoughts every day, exactly how the secret told me to. I'm so ashamed of that point in my life.

The secret is a money making scam aimed at the vonrable!

Interesting how no one has contested the holes I shot through the LOA.

Continue living your life of ignorance and fairy tails if it makes you happy.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
The best example Tracy presented in one of his books of LOA was thus:

imagine two pianos in a room. you bang on one middle C, and the middle C string on the other piano starts to vibrate. That is the physical law of attraction.

The basic form of the "principle" of attraction, in people, as Reset has mentioned, is the reticular activator. This developted through evolution to spot tigers and stuff way off in the distance, out of the corner of your eye.

Throw the subconscious into the mix (the subconcious is just the part of your brain that is ALWAYS working and thinking outside of your conscious awarness) which evolved, some theorize (ref. The Red Queen, Ridley) so humans could recognize non-obvious traits in others, mainly when females are in estrus, and which of the dudes is the true alpha male. (cause we ain't got feathers like peacocks).

The main problem people have with LOA is they think "I am a millionair" for like a minute, and when they don't see a million dollars, they think "man, this law is a scam" This happens because while the conscious mind is thinking one thought of "I am a millionaire" the subconscious is thinking about a bazillion other non-millionaire thoughts, which have been programmed into us since birth.

The trick is to work on your beliefs and change them over time, so when all your beliefs are congruent, (e.g. I am a millionaire), you will see loads of opportunities to make it so.

Of course, the reason so few people achieve this, is the same reason people are fat. It's not that diets don't work, its that people don't stick to them consistently.

The "think" in "As you THINK, so shall you be" is with your WHOLE brain, conscious and unconcious. And this takes a while to re program.

Self Hypnosis, affirmations, EFT, NLP are all useful tools, but they take time and consistent effort, which is why they don't work for many people.

But you could forget the above, and just continuously keep posting on internet message boards why self improvement techniques are a scam. Who knows that might work as well.:cheer:

Taiyuu
Ahhhahaha your 41 and you still believe this cr@P.

If you are so intune with the LOA then tell me what you have achieved with this magic.

Can you or can you not get car parks in the exact spot you imagine 95% of the time.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys keep bringing up science and quantum physics but you are yet to link any real support from an actual scientist.

Prove me wrong.

There was only one scientist they could find for the secret and he tried to sue them for his misrepresentation.

SHOW ME EINSTEINS SUPPORT FOR LOA! WHY WONT YOU SHOW ME?

If any of you can beat the odd using LOA, why dont you prove it and make millions?