My progress journal... (pics included!)

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
there is NO NEED to take any more than 3g of fish oil per day.

Muscle gains and soreness are related, when you reduce soreness from to much fish oil you reduce your gains.
What a load of crap.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
Come on now WA,show me someone who has a fully developed chest and show me where exactly where the incline bench press with a bar formed the muscle. You can't. You can only guess that by doing it for soo long and see the end result that the incline benching with a barbell paid off.

WOW MAN THAT IS DEEP. Are we really here? Am i a part of a dream? Cogito ergo sum?!?!

Get real.

There are several life axioms that cover this.
K.I.S.S. - Keep it simple, stupid
Occam's razor

There's the philosophical circle jerk and then there's the real world of deduction, reason, and probability. Back to the whole statistics course again...

Next you'll be telling me that gravity isn't real since it's technically not proven.

MAD COW!!

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
10-4-07

after one month. I lifted hard. I have to admit that I didn't take care neither of the nutrition nor the workout plan.

I'm thinking of buying some weightgainer. My goal is to hit the 200pds mark.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see a difference. Keep it up man. I know from personal experience the hardest part of this process will come in a month or so for you, when the immediate results taper off and you start building in small increments. Just don't even get discouraged or give up.

I'm not a weight guru like some of the other guys on this forum, but if you need advice on running or cardio-type stuff, I can help you. I was a runner in college and high school and still on occasion run competitively.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
10-4-07

after one month. I lifted hard. I have to admit that I didn't take care neither of the nutrition nor the workout plan.
QUOTE]

what do you expect to happen if you don't take care of the 2 things at will transform your body? you don't need a weight gainer, you need to take care of your workout plan and your nutrition

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GROOOOAAAAAAR ! ! !

I'm slowly becoming a beast :D

October 24

(after almost 2 months of working out)

my weight is 195 pds now.

side

front

back

back 2

arm

feedback pls...

Last edited:

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also wanna go boxing 3x a week. How would that affect my progress?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
looking better man i can see the changes. Keep up what your doing. Boxing would eventually slow down your progress since its a taxing activity.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
looking better man i can see the changes. Keep up what your doing. Boxing would eventually slow down your progress since its a taxing activity.
thx

anybody else?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, know-one can help until you start posting your diet and training. Don't start boxing until your experienced enough to continue to gain because it is very hard to do both!

POST YOUR DIET AND WEIGHTS!!!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there's more than one testimonial on this board that trying to combine weight gain with martial arts/boxing/etc is suicide

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think I want to gain more weight. Wouldn't it be better if I would just get more muscular and lower my bf? It's 13.4% right now.

okay, here is the workout plan that the fitness trainer gave me:

warm up 5-10 mins

dome side step 2x15

3 ways lunges 3x10

cable squat + fly 2x10

lower back extension 2x10

lat pulldown 2x10

side crunch 2x15

reverse crunch 2x15

plank (core muscles)

shoulder compo 2x10

biceps + triceps compo 2x10

seated cable chest press 2x10

seated chest fly 2x10

sb pullover 2x10

bench revers crunch 2x15

windshield wipers 2x15

medicine ball toes touches 2x15

what do you guys think about that?

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^^
I thought you were going to follow the program in the 'where to start' sticky'?
Fly's, cables, and pull downs are useless for beginners. I think crunches too (someone care to elaborate?).

I did gain a lot of strength while doing bjj, but barely any weight. Also, my gains were newbie gains. Maybe you should start boxing right now and when you start platueing off in lifting, take a break from boxing.

If you want to do strength training during MMA, keep your reps and sets low, and the number of exercises you do low. Keep your workout short (20-40 minutes excluding warm up), you should still feel refreshed and ready to do much more after your workout.

Talk to these guys, they are strength enthusiasts who also do MMA sports.
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

wolf116 said:
When the anabolic diet came out, a lot of people were scared of the very high fat and cholesterol levels suggested to eat. So, many guys got their cholesterol levels monitored.
Many actually saw a drop in cholesterol levels. I think I heard it was due to the body not needing to produce it's own when it already had high amounts.

If you're concerned just get you're levels checked. There shouldn't be an argument here.
If levels go down it's good.
ooo, can I get that source???

Drum&Bass said:
there is NO NEED to take any more than 3g of fish oil per day.

Muscle gains and soreness are related, when you reduce soreness from to much fish oil you reduce your gains.
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

HK1

Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
I don't think I want to gain more weight. Wouldn't it be better if I would just get more muscular and lower my bf? It's 13.4% right now.
I dont think you need to worry about your BF for now. Id pack on at least 20+ pounds more onto your frame and think about it at that point. If you keep your current level of BF (actual weight, not %) and put on more weight in muscle, your BF% will be lower. Even if the actual # hasnt changed.

You should also see a chiropractor, for some reason in ALL of your back pics your left shoulder seems to be much higher then your right side. Might just be the pics, but every pic looks out of balance to me.

Remember, you're 6'3". You have a lot of frame to build on, keep at it.

As for the rest of your post, that list...Im a fan of the KISS rule. Actually, ill dissect it :D This should make for some entertainment.

Couldnt resist, ill be the one in bold
ChrizZ said:
okay, here is the workout plan that the fitness trainer gave me:
this should be good
warm up 5-10 mins
so far so good
dome side step 2x15
... :confused:
3 ways lunges 3x10
:confused:
cable squat + fly 2x10
:confused: seriously, wtf
lower back extension 2x10
ok, that I recognize
lat pulldown 2x10
meh
side crunch 2x15
if heavy, sure
reverse crunch 2x15
... :confused:
plank (core muscles)
Ok
shoulder compo 2x10
biceps + triceps compo 2x10
mmmmkay
seated cable chest press 2x10
Wtf for?
seated chest fly 2x10
sigh...
sb pullover 2x10
pullover I know, but sb?
bench revers crunch 2x15
windshield wipers 2x15
this I can picture(I think), but still wtf
medicine ball toes touches 2x15
...is this guy(?) serious?
Two questions:

1)What exactly is this "fitness trainer" trying to get you to accomplish?

2)This fitness trainer is aware you dont have a vagina, right? :whistle:

:crazy:

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spes, Wolf:

the body will produce less blood cholesterol to balance out a higher dietary cholesterol intake, correct.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HK1 said:
I dont think you need to worry about your BF for now. Id pack on at least 20+ pounds more onto your frame and think about it at that point. If you keep your current level of BF (actual weight, not %) and put on more weight in muscle, your BF% will be lower. Even if the actual # hasnt changed.

You should also see a chiropractor, for some reason in ALL of your back pics your left shoulder seems to be much higher then your right side. Might just be the pics, but every pic looks out of balance to me.

Remember, you're 6'3". You have a lot of frame to build on, keep at it.

As for the rest of your post, that list...Im a fan of the KISS rule. Actually, ill dissect it :D This should make for some entertainment.

Couldnt resist, ill be the one in bold

Two questions:

1)What exactly is this "fitness trainer" trying to get you to accomplish?

2)This fitness trainer is aware you dont have a vagina, right? :whistle:

:crazy:
well, what should I tell him the next time I see him?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
well, what should I tell him the next time I see him?
ask him if he's ever squatted 500 and benched 300, if he says yes listen to his advice. :D

alternatively, tell him you're trying out a number of different routines now to see which one you like best - that's the polite way of blowing him off.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
ask him if he's ever squatted 500 and benched 300, if he says yes listen to his advice. :D

alternatively, tell him you're trying out a number of different routines now to see which one you like best - that's the polite way of blowing him off.
well, he's 5'11 245pds and said he once did a 90pds biceps curl. I'll just ask him why he doesn't let me do the big compound exercises.