My progress journal... (pics included!)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
I got two questions and I didn't want to open a new thread.

1. Does running in between lifting days have any effect?

2. Should I take any supplements?
1. I would not run at all when trying to gain.. you can do some high intensity cardio or GPP (in CONTROLLED amounts) to enhance your gains but distance running will eat up calories and muscle like no tomorrow. You won't find many big marathon runners.

2. I would get in a protein supplement for workout times (whey isolate) but otherwise no, get your protein and calories from food. I would also suggest some vitamins and minerals as I don't believe you get enough from food unless you pay through the nose for organic produce. But it depends on your budget, the minimum is protein powder, multivitamin and fish oil (10-15g a day minimum)

eaturmcts

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss read his diet, and then please tell him to get a better diet before he starts worrying about 10-15g of fish oil a day. :)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eaturmcts said:
Warboss read his diet, and then please tell him to get a better diet before he starts worrying about 10-15g of fish oil a day. :)
DAMN. I had actually written a post for his diet and didn't post it. lol.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
Sunday, September 02

Okay, so since I can't lift until next week I decided to do some conditioning today to see how far I can push my limits.

My nutrition for today was:

1x PB&Jelly sandwich

1x glass of milk

1x orange chicken + rice

1x about 2l of water
Conditioning for body recomposition doesn't come through distance running..

Got some tasty food choices there but a) they're not particularly conducive to gaining muscle and b) I eat more than that for my breakfast.

Go for 360g protein a day as a minimum (you will get more on workout days because of PWO) sourced from red meat, WHOLE eggs and maybe some chicken/fish (these choices do little for anabolism but can be used for variation).

You'll need to eat six times a day as well.. 60g of protein per meal, and 60g protein (from powder) PWO along with 60-70g carbs from whatever source you want. 1-2 hrs later have a solid protein+carb meal.

As for the rest of the diet it's very hard to tell.. I would start with lots of protein and fat and vegetables, and be conservative with carbs, increase them slowly until you're growing with the minimum of bodyfat accrual. I think low carb approaches with refeeds are the best way to grow while staying lean but they're slow, and with your teenage metabolism you should be able to get away with more carbs than an older guy.. start off with carbs in the first half of the day (and PWO) and we'll take things from there.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
@ ChrizZ,

Dude your gonna have to eat a lot more fruits,egg whites,chicken,ground beef/turkey,tuna,peanuts and veggies to get where you want.

Just eat those whenever you have a urge to eat and you'll be there in no time flat.
If you're just going to eat parts of foods (eggs) why not specify only white meat from turkey and chicken? I mean since dark meat are the fatty parts of those meats and fat is scary.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the single most anabolic thing in the world is the (raw) egg yolk - even more so than red meat. if you leave that out you're leaving out a whole slew of potential growth.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
the single most anabolic thing in the world is the (raw) egg yolk - even more so than red meat. if you leave that out you're leaving out a whole slew of potential growth.
Yes while that could be true,you could also develop heart issues if you are thinking that way.

Truth is no one knows what's best for you or I,it's up to us as an individual to find out on our own.

Who knows,maybe the poster could eat 10 egg yokes a day and still have a 100% healthy heart,maybe his cholesterol could rise significantly. We shouldn't' be advising people to eat stuff that could lead to health issues.

Without your health your nothing.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every guy that walks down the street COULD be a child molestor. Don't let your kids outside.

Driving is pretty much the most unsafe thing in the world. Get in your teleporter.

I COULD get syphillus every time I have sex. Time to give it up.

Public bathrooms COULD have meningitis. Do you hold it all day?

PEANUTS (which you specified) have aflatoxin and phytoestrogen. Do you want CANCER?!?! Do you want bewbies?! Do you want breast cancer in your new bewbies!!!!!!

Hey at the least you can get your cholesterol levels tested like you should do anyway whether you eat dietary cholesterol or not and easily cure the problem. Good luck surviving car crashes and other diseases, though.

The funniest part of your post is the fact that you stressed the could just like I would've imagined in my head even if you didn't. Did you make the wide eyed paniced face when you were typing them too?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt, show me one healthy guy who eats 10 egg yolks a day (or even 36 as I have done) and has developed heart problems because of it.

following on from MrR, tuna COULD give you mercury poisoning, chicken/turkey COULD give you bird flu, peanuts MrR has covered, beef has saturated fat which COULD give you heart disease, fruit and veg should be okay but they COULD be covered in pesticides and parasites.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not here to argue with you guys. I'm just making sure that the poster knows of potential issues that may show up down the road.

Come on now WA,show me someone who has a fully developed chest and show me where exactly where the incline bench press with a bar formed the muscle. You can't. You can only guess that by doing it for soo long and see the end result that the incline benching with a barbell paid off.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
Come on now WA,show me someone who has a fully developed chest and show me where exactly where the incline bench press with a bar formed the muscle. You can't. You can only guess that by doing it for soo long and see the end result that the incline benching with a barbell paid off.
What the bloody hell are you on about, kid?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When the anabolic diet came out, a lot of people were scared of the very high fat and cholesterol levels suggested to eat. So, many guys got their cholesterol levels monitored.
Many actually saw a drop in cholesterol levels. I think I heard it was due to the body not needing to produce it's own when it already had high amounts.

If you're concerned just get you're levels checked. There shouldn't be an argument here.
If levels go down it's good.

Last edited:

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
They actually saw an drop in cholesterol levels. I think I hared it was due to the body not needing to produce it's own when it already had high amounts.
the body will find an equilibrium between its own and dietary cholesterol. agricultural carbs are more responsible for poor cholesterol levels than eggs/fat.

besides, cholesterol turns into testosterone.. :D

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
What the bloody hell are you on about, kid?
I'm putting what you told me into perspective.

See your post above.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
okay, so I only did the max testing so far.

I did one max set with 5 reps.

Squats: 150pds

Dumbells: 80pds

Bench Press: 50pds

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there is NO NEED to take any more than 3g of fish oil per day.

Muscle gains and soreness are related, when you reduce soreness from to much fish oil you reduce your gains.