My DAM PARENTS CHEATED AND LIED TO ME!!

Rint

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My parents lied to me all my life and cheated me. My mother tried to force religion and her beliefs onto me and when i walked away she'd follow me and shove it into my face. When i got angry i broke holes in the wall and my parents made me fix them which was fair, but they'd charge $100 dollars per hole + the materials which is only $20. Then i found something out that crushed me. I had a bank account that had $50000 in it that I saved up all my life and i found out my parents stole ALL OF IT. I was saving it for college and they took it and in their defense they said i owed them for raising me. I'm miserable i hate my life and i need help despretly. I dont approve of suicide but i see no future for me as a DJ and as a person

Chronix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lawsuit if possible? 50k is nothing to play with like that. You dont owe them nothing for raising you it was thier idea to have you.

Krak

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow your parents are ****ed up. You should get in contact with a lawer and see what your options are. Then you should get as far away from them as possible.

Impulse

Reaction score
Dude if I were you Id sue the **** outa them. What they are doing isn't right, they maybe your parents but you don't owe them jack. They were the ones who decided to have kids that don't mean you owe them ****. Dude go find a lawyer and discuss this problem, when or if you win move the hell out, sorry but your parents sound like a bunch of fu cked up people.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SUE THEM MAN!! You see to have horrible parents. They are irresponsible, but seirously get a fvcking lawyer ASAP and find out ways you can PROVE IT. Just do it BEHIND THEIR BACKS. THIS IS KEY.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you mean $5,000? I really can't see a teenager managing to get a hold of $50,000... But yes, I'd most certainly talk to a Lawyer. That's the best thing to do, I'd think.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well from a legal point of veiw if the account was in your name then you could file a lawsuit against your parents and the bank as the bank had no right to give them your money.

If the account was in your parents name then the money is legally theres, its still not your fault as most people would asume they cna trust their parents, but i would be suprised if you could get the money back, thou check with a barister before giveing up, im no legal expert.

Either way, what they did was unforgivable and if you where to move out and never speak to them again (thou by the sounds of it you couldnt afford to anymore) that would be totaly justified, thou would not fix anything.

You could tell the local papaers, "parents steal $50,000" from son" they would eat that up, and if you can bring attention to it in the community to the point where people hassle your parents about it, they may decide to give it back!

These are charcter building moments and could define your life, many people become rich with the motivation of saying screw you to society, rather then because of the money.

Im sure you would love to be super rich in the future so that you cna say the same to your parents, so that you can give them a $500,000 cheque and then make it bounce!

Chronix I wish you the best of luck with your ordeal, keep me posted about it.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in these parts of the woods, a minor under 18 has to have at least one of his/her parents on the savings account with them.
they legally control the account and the money.

if they cant pay the rent or afford to feed you, they can take it out of your account to do so.

i dont think you have a lawsuit, you just have found another reason to grow up and when you turn 18, be your own person and get out on your own.

i am not saying this is right, but lets face it, life sucks.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
in these parts of the woods, a minor under 18 has to have at least one of his/her parents on the savings account with them.
wow things are odd on your side of the pond! I have had a bank account in my name since i was 12, whats sad is that right now i have less money in there then over any time in the last 6 years.

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kill your parents!

Dude, that's ****ed up of your folks... Mine are almost as bad as yours but in other ways... My ticket out of my ****ed up life at home is college... Just try and get a lawyer to get back your money, make your parents give it back, or just move on and say to hell with them... When you're up and on your own you won't need them...

Nobody

Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you earn that money, or did your grandparents donate it to you for college? If your grandparents donated it, quit *****ing. It never was yours in that case. If you worked for that money, then you need to get some professional help. Sue them for 200,000 because of emotional abuse as well.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude that is the most fuccked up story ive heard in a long time. if theyre so financially burdened they shouldve skipped spending 50 grand to raise you and bought the three dollar pack of condoms.

suing might be tricky, though. the american way is the parent owns everything, although you can do something i saw on tv once...declaring your independance or something. alot of kid stars do it for obvious reasons. definetly talk to a lawyer and definetly seperate yourself from these people...theyre only dragging you down and before you become a ladies man you need to get your shiit in order.

and dont give up. no matter what you gotta keep going, theres always someone who has it worse. like maybe holocaust victims. maybe.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you can't sue them. It's not possible.

To take the money, they would have had to be signers on the bank account the money was in, meaning they were authorized to take the money, even if it was set aside for you. That's like me taking all of the money out of my kids bank account that I put 100k in and spending it on strippers... is it right? no. It is legal? 100%

If the account was in your name, and they weren't signers on the account, then you can sue the bank for letting the transcation take place, or at least bring it to their attention with the threat of sueing.

Is it Right? Hell no. Is it legal? yes.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To take the money, they would have had to be signers on the bank account the money was in, meaning they were authorized to take the money, even if it was set aside
Personally, I don't doubt that Rint's parents stealing his money out of the bank could happen, even if he was over 18 years old. Why do you think I hate my parents?

At least here, the security on the banks is much tighter now than it was ten years ago. There's no way in hell my parents would be able to get away with that 5hit now.

I never thought of suing the bank. I should've done that when the issue was still fresh.

Rint

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK just the clarify it the money was made by me from working and saving birthday and christmas money my whole life and we arn't poor. My parents just need to stop being ****ing retards and feel it's cool to take my money

Rovalier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rint should get another bank account. Try to conduct some kind of investigation. Was it done online? All at once? Multiple transaction? Document everything. Talk to a lawyer to see what you can and cannot do. I think backbreaker is right, you should also try to bring it to the attention of the bank.

Another sleazy thing you could do is to talk to your parents get some kind of confession out of them again. But THIS TIME make sure you RECORD all of it while they are not aware of it. Make sure you state your questions/subject clearly. If you can't get back your money, send your story to several newspapers (along with a duplicate of the recorded confession) and shame your parents into giving it back. Be cooperative if they call back to talk to you. If you do go through with this, its safe to say you better plan on moving out of the house and live on your own.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
There are times in your life when the only appropriate action is that which you take into your own hands. This is one of those times.

The Melendez brothers may not have done it correctly but they had the right idea.

Rint

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I told my *****y mother that i was going to sue her and pull a lawsuit and she's telling me how she'd win and **** talking all ****y she even said to my face she took my money and that she would charge me $100's more for each hole in the wall as punishment. ****ING HATE THIS *****

Rint

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When people see the holes in the wall my parents just tell them i'm spoiled and how i get mad when i dont get when i want when in truth she's taking all my stuff. Like she stole my computer and she said it's rightfully her's even though i got it from my uncle for my birthday and i'd have more then 5000 if she didn't take my money and put it into her retirment **** THIS ***** SO SICK OF THIS BULL ****!