My DAM PARENTS CHEATED AND LIED TO ME!!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe he's in a third world country and 5,000 dollars is worth like a nickel or something. A loaf of bread is about 200,000 dollars in Somalia.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you serious? Damn, I need to move :)

just kidding, no amount of money can make me move to that country

Rint

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are u guys trying to be funny? Seriously $5000 i typed an extra 0 the first time it's 5000 and i live in washington. You guys are just trying to be funny well i ain't laughing because i just lost my life's savings and i know the culprit and i cant do **** about it. That ***** cheated and lied to me my whole life.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should scrouge up some money, buy a leather jacket/boots and an army duffel bag and become a drifter. After taking some odd jobs for a while, you could probably buy a decent motorcycle. Some aviator sunglasses, some facial hair and there you have it, instant bad ass! Next time you show up at your house I bet your parents will take you far more seriously then after you kick in the door and chain saw their sofa.

Rovalier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, but 5 grand is almost nothing as far as college education money goes. What they did to you is unacceptable, but nothing to commit suicide over. backbreaker probably made 5 grand yesterday after a hard days work of shooting pool and surfing the internet.

You could aways join the military, they pay for college education.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 Grand eh? You'd probably spend all that money in the lawyer fees. How old are you?

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 grand.. that's a different story from 50... Dude if your parents will pay for your college then it's no big deal! If they won't, then when you're on your own just don't communicate with them. You're 18 now! I mean that's ****ed up of them to do something like that to you, but just let it go!

Somehow I think this thread is whoring for attention. But common, you're punching ****ing holes in your wall... No wonder your parents give you so much ****.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) move

2) get some help, punching holes in the walls is not NORMAL, cool or healthy...you got some major problems

3) leave your parents bee. Carma is a *****. When they are 80 years old and are in the nursing home, with nobody visting them..... they'll be paying for it.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
$100 for a hole in the wall? Ask her how much she charges for a hole in her face.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
check_mate_kid_uk said:
$100 for a hole in the wall? Ask her how much she charges for a hole in her face.
:trouble:
:crackup:

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to sympathize with this dude. I'm not sure how many of you have experienced frustrations like this while you were living at home, but it isn't fun. If he was whining that his parents wouldn't buy him a car or let him have 29 friends over for a party, I wouldn't bother sympathizing with him. The fact is, they're stealing his money. It doesn't matter how much money it is, it's still theft.

Rint, I'm telling you to move the fvck out. Since you have a job, you should be able to find someone to live with and pay rent until you can get your own place. If the parents are causing that much frustration and problems in your life, then kick them out of your life. Also, change your bank account number, move to a different branch, or even a different bank. It'll fvck them up when they try taking money out of a closed account.

If you don't work at fixing your situation, you've only got yourself to blame for putting up with it. You've been shown where the door is, all you have to do is go through it.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spider_007 said:
1) move

2) get some help, punching holes in the walls is not NORMAL, cool or healthy...you got some major problems

3) leave your parents bee. Carma is a *****. When they are 80 years old and are in the nursing home, with nobody visting them..... they'll be paying for it.
:up:

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
in these parts of the woods, a minor under 18 has to have at least one of his/her parents on the savings account with them.
they legally control the account and the money.

if they cant pay the rent or afford to feed you, they can take it out of your account to do so.

i dont think you have a lawsuit, you just have found another reason to grow up and when you turn 18, be your own person and get out on your own.

i am not saying this is right, but lets face it, life sucks.
True...but if he had 50K (from wherever source)...that is HIS money. The parents can manage that money...but they cannot just arbitrary go out and spent it and used the "we are raising you" as an excuse.

Now...you are right about the other part...if they can't pay rent or afford feeding him...

But I'm not a lawyer. And I don't know everything in this story. There always two sides to a story. And this kid lives with his parents so he should follow their rules...or move out.

Bile

Don Juan
Reaction score
you know, this is why some people shouldn't have kids...what's the point of having kids if your not gonna take care of em.
I was lucky, my parents where like the coolest ever, and its like their entire goal of life has been the one of being good parents, which they've certainly been.
I can definitely sympathise with you, it's like this in sweden too, children have no right in a court, and if he's going up against the parents, he's definitely fryed.
leave home man, divorce your parents, and never see them again...even if they gave birth to you, there is some limits to abuse, and they've totally crossed that border by now...just make sure you can support yourself on your own before you leave home...get a job or some ****, and have someone you thrust manage the money.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I'm going to sympathize with this dude. I'm not sure how many of you have experienced frustrations like this while you were living at home, but it isn't fun.
Agreed. Minors are basically helpless against their parents, short of physical abuse (and often even then). The most frustrating thing in the world is to have your rights walked all over without being able to do a thing about it. Luckily, Rint, Desidinova is right in that at this point you have the freedom to leave so it is up to you to do so, otherwise everything you are subjected to is a result of your choice not to. Your parents shouldn't have done what they did, but unfortunately it doesn't look like the law would agree. Still, spend some time researching what you can do.

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling this is some kind of a prank..