MrConfidences thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
Open your mind my son. You finally admitted what youve been told multiple times. How about you stop being so close minded. Practice makes perfect.
I have practiced though, that's how I've run into girls like that.

Nobody

Don Juan
Reaction score
MrConfidence said:
I have practiced though, that's how I've run into girls like that.
Bro, I bet I can get a number before you can. and we're both POS.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody said:
Bro, I bet I can get a number before you can. and we're both POS.
POS? WTF? And how do you know I can't get a girls number? You see it's not that I can't get a girls number, but it's that I haven't asked for a girls number yet. I can build rapport with girls fine after the approach, that is, if the girl is interested because if the girl isn't interested, you could bring up the most interesting topics, and she'll still give you that one word bullsh*t. I think what I really need to work, as far as approaching goes, is opening, and overall finding stuff to talk about.

nyc123

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr confidence, I have the same problem. I'm better off than before but I'm still not where I want to be. I guess everyday I told myself to just be a man. Whenever I felt nervous or something I would just tell myself to be a man. I guess it helped for me.
Oh yeah working out is good too. But don't be an idiot when you workout. too many people think they work out but have no idea what they're doing. Research the topic about working out and you'll get much better results.

supajsilver2

Don Juan
Reaction score
MrConfidence said:
Now, I know you one of you guys mentioned that I should listen to comedians in order to get more funny, but can you recommend any particular comedians? There are hundreds of comedians out there.
My favorite subject! I'm big into standup. Glad I can help.

There are a lot of different styles of comedy out there. Here's some big names and styles.

Dane Cook- hottest comedian out there. He's really energetic and very well known as far as comedians go. He tells a lot of stories, listen to and key on the way he does that. Personally, I think he gets annoying, but he's wildly popular and a funny guy. Latest CD is "Retaliation," buy it, if only for the sake of being in on such a popular guy.

Jim Gaffigan- also a very popular comedian, but Dane is much more known. I like Jim better. He makes fun of himself a lot and does this sort of 3rd person voice, pointing out what the audience might be thinking about him or what he just said. That's what you should listen to. Other than that all he talks about is food, which won't exactly help, but that 3rd person voice he does can really give you another perspective. Latest CD is "Beyond the Pale," buy it.

Demetri Martin- not very well known, but one of my favorites. He's mostly a one-liner comedian, but he does it in a non-traditional style. Seems like just a cool guy in general. He's very creative, and there isn't exactly a specific quirk about him to pay attention to, but he's flat out funny. Latest CD? I don't know, but download or watch his Comedy Central Presents special, and you'll see what I mean when I say he's creative. He's a "watch" comedian, not a "listen."

Mitch Hedberg- my favorite comedian. He's a strict one-liner guy, but he gives you a different outlook on...you name it. As you've probably heard, he died a couple years ago of heart problems, drug related. He's a stoner kind of comedian, but the funniest guy I've ever heard. Polar opposite of Dane Cook. One thing to point out that is not good about him is that he never looks at the audience, he stares downward, he seems shy, talks quietly...not things you want to do as a DJ. Either way, funny funny guy. Latest and unfortunately last CD- "Mitch All Together." buy it buy it buy it. RIP. Here's a great Mitch line to give you an idea- "I bought an art farm the other day, and those little bastards didn't grow sh*t"

Chris Rock- Racial humor might not be your thing (or mine), but he's my favorite "rant" style comedian. Might seem all like complain complain complain but that's something you can do in every day life that others can relate to. Make a sh*tty situation funny by pointing out just how sh*tty it is and why. Might as well. Watch his HBO standup specials, they're classics.

Jerry Seinfeld- How could I fail to mention him? His standup, in my opinion, is awkward and kinda sucks. "Seinfeld," the show, is perfect. Nearly all of the episodes are relationship-based, hilarious stuff. It points out the humor in what you might normally see as a lame situation. It's all about relationship and it's a lot of guy humor. Watch the show.

Glad to help..good luck....

shydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just do it. here this might help, Your gonna die tomorow, and today is your last to live, So live it happily!! DIDnt help? well then practice makes it perfect, start apraoching guys, then ugly women, then average women, then the hott ones! YOu have be in shape and dress properly and have some style, if you wanna have more chances of not getting rejected, never aproach with fouked up style hair, or whatever. YOu gotta L00k g00d, then chiks will come to you.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
For some reason, I don't think you guys know where I'm coming from. I'm not scared of approaching girls because they're attractive, I'm scared of approaching them because I'm afraid, I'll approach her, and it won't go anywhere, I'm also just afraid she might not be interested. But no, I don't know why you guys think that, but I'm not afraid of approaching girls because of there looks. Don't believe me? One of the hottest girls in school approached me, and I wasn't even nervous when I talked to her, I just, talked to her. I've also stated like a hundred times before that I dress well. However, even though I do dress well, I could start getting in shape, and actually washing my hair. I think if I just practice opening up to girls, and get better at talking to them, then I'll be set.

supajsilver2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, you're on the right track man, give it some time and practice is all I can say at this point. PM me if you want to about anything humor related, any time.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to here someones opinion on what I asked in the previous post.

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know youre approaching a bunch of girls now and sorta just "sarging" but on your way you could also try to get to know her better, if she meets your requirements then ask her out, but you could just try for a more passive approach, friend-like without forgetting the basic attraction cues.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MrConfidence said:
and actually washing my hair.
*sigh* Yeah, that might help.

*shakes head* Man, you must wash ALL of your body EVERY day at LEAST once. I don't understand what's so hard about that... just DO it. It's simple ****. That's what we do in North America.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Mr_rogers said:
*sigh* Yeah, that might help.

*shakes head* Man, you must wash ALL of your body EVERY day at LEAST once. I don't understand what's so hard about that... just DO it. It's simple ****. That's what we do in North America.
Wow calm down man, don't get me wrong, I wash everyday, I just don't clean my hair, just sort of let the water run down on it.

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I gotta go to class but I'll tell you what worked for me shortly, basically theres 2 things 1st is having inside your mind the right mindset, approach or whatever, 2nd is getting used to the situation, whne youre confortable ocnversation is 10 times easier, for the mindset you need to try affirmations, visualization, reframing, all those thing, the mindset part of it is the least easy o change, once youve got the right mindset the situations turn into something different but you still need to practise, is really important that you do it with the right mindset, if the convo dies and you cant make it continue then either the other person sucks at conversation or you need to learn more ppl skills.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MrConfidence said:
Wow calm down man, don't get me wrong, I wash everyday, I just don't clean my hair, just sort of let the water run down on it.
I'm not angry, I'm just a bit stunned at the fact that some people don't wash properly. It isn't exactly hard.

Just to let you know, when you don't wash your hair, grease and stuff will build up, leaving it look slick and gross after awhile. No matter what you do, the simple fact is that people sweat when they sleep, which means that you need to wash your hair every day at least once. If you don't, you'll look like crap, and you'll probably smell like it, too.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Delete this.

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you really say elaborate?

I'd say something like
"So what you're trying to tell me is you sat on your ass and ate cheetos all weekend?"

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Delete this.

Last edited:

Black Circle

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol yea never say elaborate again. you'll get good, just keep it going like you are.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrConfidence said:
Look, I'm aware that it sucks, but if I never get criticism on my convos, how am I supposed to get better?
Stop being so goddamn boring, get some wit, and be at least a little creative. Youre boring as sh*t bro, i can tell. Dont be so lame. Oh yea, if youre gonna try to use big words...dont be serious. I do the samething but its all about delivery. Relax a little and youll be aight.

MrConfidence

Banned
Reaction score
Delete this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.