Memorising lines for PRIMING dates.

Reaction score
rocky_mtn said:
You want to stay away from this angle, your paragraph is a C&B in itself. Don't talk about love or magic, don't say them as if you have practiced canned lines, avoid this method. The girl will probably pick this up and hate it. In fact if you aren't too experienced with romance and relationships, bringing this up, especially right away is a recipe for disaster.

Be yourself, get read about current events or a cool hobby like biking or sailing or what ever interests you. Avoid true guy things like video games or cars. Talk only about positive things.

If you haven't read the DJ Boot Camp, do that, it will get you going with some good advice and tips. From what you have said about the book you read, it doesn't sound like the route you should be taking.
Fine, I can do that. Perhaps what I really need is skills in cutting a date short when it's good. Four hours is too long, 10 minutes is too short, maybe 30 minutes should be enough as a fail-safe for saying anything dumb, and if having a really great time - then even more need to cut it off to leave her wanting more..... there still has to be some game in it. When you are reaching a climax - or high-point in the date, then it should be cut off, make up an appointment, and suggest to meet at another time, right?

Let's see, look at the watch and say "gee, I have to to [real or fictitious event], I really had a great time. What do you say that we could follow up with this xyz (propose a future date)?

rocky_mtn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"my time on the parking meter is almost up"
is always a good excuse. Park far enough away so that its not like you go out front and drop in more change.

A casual dinner is always good because you have time to chat when you sit down and before the food comes, eat and then go, date over. Usually lasts about an hour. If you go to a mid ranger restaurant it isn't too expensive anyways. Some guys here say no to dinner dates for the first date, but if I like her I won't mind spending $40 bucks for an evening.

Same thing with a cup of coffee or tea, lasts about 20 minutes, good for chatting. I don't like coffee or tea first dates, but I do like the coffee shop for pick ups and getting #s.

Don't end the date the first time you get her to laugh or agree with you, go with it for a while.

Reaction score
rocky_mtn said:
"my time on the parking meter is almost up"
is always a good excuse. Park far enough away so that its not like you go out front and drop in more change.
Hey that's good, I'd like to have a repetoir of at least three or four close lines, if you got any more.

rocky_mtn said:
A casual dinner is always good because you have time to chat when you sit down and before the food comes, eat and then go, date over. Usually lasts about an hour. If you go to a mid ranger restaurant it isn't too expensive anyways. Some guys here say no to dinner dates for the first date, but if I like her I won't mind spending $40 bucks for an evening.
Well, given the last c&b was a dinner date and I liked the girl, part of the 'radical change' of dating would have to be deformalising the date and making it as simple as possible so we could catch the chemistry of each other and see if we can last a date without nuking each other off before we see a second date. It seems like the more I like the girl, and the more I spend, the more likely a c&b will occur. I dont trust girls I'm meeting on the first dates anymore after that last episode, so I'm not going to make a huge time or financial investment on someone I do not trust is not going to turn on me a week later or whatever.

A girl proves herself if she really agrees to a second date and actually follows through with it, so if there are other inexpensive things to be 'romantic' about, I'd rather risk it on a romantic conversation than spending too much money, time, or inconveniance on a first date. Especially with internet dating, you can have the best rapport and chemistry in the world - and when you meet, it's like the war with roses movie with Michael Douglas chemistry wise. In other words, it's impossible to like a girl on the first date, and unless you know you are going to get some pvssy at the end of the date, I wouldn't go more than coffee.

Now, you have another stream of thought, which is take your date to a Seafood restaurant, sit beside her so you can both have shrimp together, and start playing with her hair and k-close whether she's ready for it or not. However, i dont think I'm going to go there.

rocky_mtn said:
Same thing with a cup of coffee or tea, lasts about 20 minutes, good for chatting. I don't like coffee or tea first dates, but I do like the coffee shop for pick ups and getting #s.

Don't end the date the first time you get her to laugh or agree with you, go with it for a while.
Sure, the books say 75 minutes tops. I'm not firm about coffee on first dates, but I think if you are meeting someone off the internet, you may as well get a snap-shot of them face to face to decide if you like them, or if they like you or not.

Remember, I'm meeting people from the internet. All I know is their pic, and in some cases there is no pic. So, I think ALL interent dates, unless you really feel the mood to do something different, should be cheap coffee date to see if you like how the person looks, acts, behaves, and if you can survive without nuking each other out in potential fights and arguements.

I'm sure that last date would have gone better if I had meet that girl at some cheap Tim Horton's coffee shop and just stayed with her 20 minutes, and then move to set up another date later, or gone for some walk. So, I've learned something there that's going to stick. First-dates do not mean ANYTHING.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke I read that book. I have it in my room actually. Decent book. Never really put too much of his techniques to work though.

Practice makes perfect Luke. You can rattle off memorized lines all you want, and u know what ? Thats fine. you just need to make it sound natural. Make it sound natural and genuine and you'll be fine.

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I've read "How To Succeed With Women," and while I'm not dialed in to all aspects of the authors' ideology, the priming date has done me well, and I use it for all women I meet via Online.

You mentioned your concern memorizing the romantic questions; you are good to do so. I've asked at least 10 women the following romantic questions:

1. What was your first kiss like?
2. What is your absolute fantasy vacation?
3. How do you know when a man appreciates you?

#3 is by far the most effective...ask this one at the beginning of the priming date...you get better as you do it more...it takes practice, but I find asking romantic questions, combined with kino, eye contact , and confident body language, easily transistions me from freind to lover, and the priming date is especially effective in determining an ideal date...

"HTSWW" is a good book, but much of the ideology and strategy runs counter to the current list of highly regarded PUA personalities...keep in mind the book was published in 1998, nearly a decade before the explosion of Negs, Freezes, and C & F.

It is East Coast pickup style...
....what? We aren't in 2008.... And negs and freezes were around a while ago.

Anyway dude, f*ck that book. If you are going to read a book about dating, get Double Your dating by David Deangelo, but f*ck reading books and learning techniques. First off, you've got some serious inner game issues man, I can feel it in your post.

Second, STOP FOCUSING ON THE DAMN PAST. READ THE TRAPS OF LIFE in the DJ bible. Read all of them. Second man, get the f*ck out of here with thinking about all your past C+B. Hell man you're going into the date insulted.

Being yourself isn't gooing to work if you are boring, uninteresting guy. YOU need to be the life of the party. First things first, always think positively. Not, "Well Last date this didn't work out so this date will hate me". You need to work on destroying thousands of limiting beliefs. Go out there and meet people, but I doubt you are ready for that, which I understand. Seriously, I'm not one to push alot of seduction gurus (after my experience of being a Don Juan on a train, I realized that techniques, skills, etc all aren't necessary. You can use them sparingly, AFTER you have developed a DJ attitude), but david Deangelo's advanced and Mastery series would be really good for a person like you. You wanna learn everything you can before doing something, and that's not the right way, even the seduction gurus that want you to buy their **** say that you have to get out there to succeed, but that's going to help you out the most.

You need help man, read the DJ bible man and go do things to develop authentic confidence, not just run off all these affirmations and bull****.

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
You know, is it me or are there just a LOT of 27-post "PUA's" bragging their rookie asses off on this forum lately...???

poopie, re-read the post: EXPLOSION of negs, etc. Did I not write this????

You tell me: Exactly when did negs and C & F begin? Let's see if you really know your PUA history.

If you haven't read the book or tried the principles, don't judge them, OK? It makes you look stupid and close-minded...You have no authority on this subject, poop. You've never tried it...open your freaking mind and LISTEN instead of ranting...poop.
Relax man, no ones trying to brag, he asked for advice, I gave him what I thought would be good, if you don't like it thats cool bro, but getting all upset doesn't hurt me man, it just wastes your energy.

I'm not going to lie and say that I know precisely when they came about, I know Mystery started his research about 10 years ago, and David D a few years back, but they published there working about 5-7 years ago AFAIK. They don't teach PUA history at my school man, I'll be sure to recommend it next year though :).

Third, not to say the book is crap, but suggesting that he memorize paragraphs worth of stuff isn't going to get him the success not just in women, but in life in general man. The entire essence (as far as I understand, but everyday I learn something new) of a Don Juan, is being a man, not a guy who can spit rehearsed lines over and over until they feel natural.

Finally, where did you see my brag bro? I dunno what's going on with people being so hostile about others advice, respect my opinion, I respected yours, I don't want you go popping a blood vessel or something man :).

Edit: Oh and for the final fact, I suggested that to him because I know exactly what he's like BECAUSE I am exactly like him. I use knowledge as a creative avoidance at times, just saying, "Well maybe one more technique or one more skill will make it perfect", but I realized after a while that I could read all I wanted, but if I didn't get out there and meet people and actually have my own personality and not a persona giving to me by a book, it would either:
A. Not work
or
B. Work at times, but would just not feel natural, and you don't get to develop yourself and improve as much as hard work and socializing can provide.

BlahBlah

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what man? You can read Doc Love's _________ or watch podcasts of _________ or whatever other suggestions filter into this thread, but based on what I've read about YOU as a person on this forum I honestly don't even think you're at a mental level yet where many of these advice columns/books/etc. will do you any good. And you know why?

1. You're too serious. This may be an "innate" personality trait you just so happen to possess, but you're letting your painful seriousness ruin potentially great things. How many people crowd around the TV together to watch C-SPAN socially? Virtually no one. And why? Because some seriousness can be good, but an overload of it (i.e. C-SPAN) equates to supreme boredom in social settings. I'm reading your posts and somehow getting bored to tears, which never happens to me. You're even applying this painful seriousness to your research into trying to become better with women, taking an advice book so seriously that when literally 15 people say something contrary to what one book out of the tens of thousands of books published on the SAME old topic of attracting women says, you're already dismissing everyone. Which leads to my next point...

2. You're too closed-minded (based on what I've read thus far in this thread, at least). Closed-mindedness is detrimental in almost all of life's circumstances... ESPECIALLY so when you're trying to find ways to improve yourself in the way you interact with others.

3. F*ck this "solely meeting girls off the internet" tactic. This tactic is used largely by the socially awkward who can't hack it in real life.. if I recall I remember reading you talking about an internet girl who sent you 60 nude pics and photos of her f*cking her ex-boyfriend? Sounds like "meaningful relationship material" to me. If you somehow find a WORTH-WHILE female through the internet willing to meet-up with a guy in his 30s who still lives with his mother and selects something incredibly geek-like for a user name, good luck to you Luke Skywalker... but I don't see it happening.

4. Stop clinging to who you feel you "are as a person." You're "that person" because you're so closed-minded you haven't had enough experience trying to step outside yourself and explore the type of greater man you're capable of being. The people in here telling you to "be yourself" clearly aren't taking a close look at what that actually entails. You've been yourself for 30+ years and are here getting advice from people nearly half your age that have already surpassed you in both life perspective and social consciousness. And that had better concern you, because if it doesn't you're wasting everyone's time here as well as your own.

5. One of your bigger concerns right now is determining how quickly to end a date? Well I guess a good early-exit strategy will help compensate for a lack of acceptable social skills, right?

6. You NEED to make some changes in your life. Your lifestyle right now should honestly be motivating you to alter it (I'm sorry but I REALLY can't get past your living with your mother and many women--for the most part--won't be able to either). You've even mentioned advice your mother gave you in regards to getting a woman? ...c'mon brother...

Point-blank, you need a swift kick in the balls to get yourself together. You're so behind on the learning curve that I would be EXTREMELY concerned & disappointed in myself if I were you... not just over women but over my life in general. And I say this not to be a prick, but because you need to be put in your place because you've been lazily rotting away in your comfort zones for WELL too long. You're such a pathetic case that it made someone ELSE start a thread requesting help on YOUR behalf... wow.

And if you feel anything I've said in my synopsis of your life is unfair, or inaccurate, or just plain completely wrong, well guess what? What I said above was my interpretation of the impressions made upon me by YOUR behavior, YOUR life, and YOUR words... and guess what? I'm sure I'm not the first person to have had any of those impressions about you.

I've written all this to show you that you NEED CHANGE. It goes deeper than "canned lines" or 40-minute timed dates pal. You clearly want some change, otherwise you wouldn't be here trying to become more successful with women. But a few new memorized lines here or there won't counteract your refusal to change the REAL aspects of yourself that could make a significant difference on dating, life success, and your self-esteem/drive to improve yourself ENTIRELY.

Most importantly, I've written this because I care. And most people on this site do too, because everyone views you as someone in desperate need of self-improvement.

And I swear, if nothing I've written has made you start to seriously re-evaluate yourself as a person (or, at the very least, feel some sort of constructive emotions) then you're even more pathetic and hopeless than I'm already beginning to think.

I pity you. As do many others. Now MAKE SOME CHANGES so that someday, improvement after improvement, YOU'LL be the one with the wonderful, superior life pitying the rest of us.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't be bothered reading the whole post but to give a piece of general advice, what you need to do is

1. Stop listening to your mother on how to pick up girls. A mothers stance as a woman will tell you to be sweet and buy her flowers...

2. If you want to memorise things the best thing is to record yourself saying it then play it back a whole bunch of times on your CD / MP3 / whatever player

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
So, um, do want to come off as natural or do you not mind like coming off as conversation-bot?

Here's the formula:

Guy approaches girl and enthrals her and sets up a future meeting then. I don't believe in all this get her number, then call back and set up a date (less flaking.)

Guy goes on date with girl, and gives her great conversation, he's playful, flirty, he teases her, he keeps her active and consumed with him.

He ups the stakes (gets closer KINO) of the encounter as much as he can, and shows off his personality. Most importantly he doesn't put up with boring ass silent ho's.

Reaction score
Espi said:
I've read "How To Succeed With Women," and while I'm not dialed in to all aspects of the authors' ideology, the priming date has done me well, and I use it for all women I meet via Online.

You mentioned your concern memorizing the romantic questions; you are good to do so. I've asked at least 10 women the following romantic questions:

1. What was your first kiss like?
2. What is your absolute fantasy vacation?
3. How do you know when a man appreciates you?

#3 is by far the most effective...ask this one at the beginning of the priming date...you get better as you do it more...it takes practice, but I find asking romantic questions, combined with kino, eye contact , and confident body language, easily transistions me from freind to lover, and the priming date is especially effective in determining an ideal date...

"HTSWW" is a good book, but much of the ideology and strategy runs counter to the current list of highly regarded PUA personalities...keep in mind the book was published in 1998, nearly a decade before the explosion of Negs, Freezes, and C & F.

It is East Coast pickup style...
You are a cool dude. Thanks. I'm a beginner, and I'm going to lean to use this book, and am inspired that it worked for you. Thanks for the feed-back concerning those three questions.

You have this book, you tried it and it worked. Other people on this thread, may or may not have this book, they certainly have not applied it, and then they are criticising it. I have yet to find one person on here, that really gave this book a try to see it fail on them.

I've memorised all the questions, I may certainly incorporate those three, but what do you think of the other questions and answers?

Reaction score
When I make a post about memorising lines of PRIMING DATES, based on the "How to Succeed With Women' book, here is what I expect on a civilised board:

1) People who have tried this book, and have failed when actually applying its principles on a Priming date.

2) People who have tried this book, and have succeeded when actually applying its principles on a Priming date.

3) People who have alternative suggestions or material aside from the book 'How to Succeed with Women'.

I already have a toxic influence with my mom, and simply do not need any other people in here writing long lecture posts about self-improvement, because it's not relevant to the topic at hand, and it sort of undermines this thread.

I would like to thank those who have contributed by offering constructive alternatives or constructive input concerning this book. For all the rest, please do not waste your time writing posts that have no bearing of the topic at hand, you can PM me if you have something to say.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Now that is not a good way to make friends here.

Reaction score
No offense intended to anyone. All I want is respect. I dont need a lecture on self-improvement if I'm making a thread on memorising lines on a priming date.

I can have no shortage of people giving me advice of my life, so when I need that type of advice, I'd ask for it.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
No offense intended to anyone. All I want is respect. I dont need a lecture on self-improvement if I'm making a thread on memorising lines on a priming date. Everyone deserves to get laid no matter how their life is.
I hope it doesn't seem like I'm getting down on you, because I'm not. I want every guy on here to get laid and to have great relations with women.

When we read the subject line "memorizing lines for PRIMING dates," the AFC red light begins to flash: "Here's a guy that doesn't have a clue."

So, our boys jump in and attempt to help the best way they know how-- "Hey improve every aspect of your life and don't depend on some book are lame ass priming questions," "read the DJ bible," or " search pook's post."

Most guys here would suggest that you simply learn how to talk to women and showcase your personality and not depend on some other guy's material.

Anyway good luck and I hope that your date is a success. Write a date report chronicling what happened.

Hawke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Memorising lines... you know the only time i've ever used a memorised line has been when i first start talking to someone, and even then it's only ever a couple of sentences. I suck at starting conversations, lol.

I can't say i've read the book your talking about, and i have to be straight with you and say the idea of a "priming" date really makes me laugh. It makes all of this sound FAR to serious. Stupidly i thought it was supposed to be fun. But if memorising lines is your thing, go for it. The questions Espi suggested certainly sound good, and sound like things all of us have asked.

I will extend and add something though. For the romantic vacation question definately have a nicely detailed place of where yours would be. Filled with lots of emotionally descriptive sentences, nicely detail of accounts of things to do... really make it like some bad romance novel. MEMORISE THAT by all means. All the girls i've spoken with love it when i start to go all detailed with my vacation places, and they even begin to add more details on what they'd love to do aswell. Which of course opens up more areas to ask about, nicely deep areas which makes you two that little bit closer. This makes the questions you ask flow more now, and it seems like you two are really connecting more naturally. And if you can find out about past things they loved to really do and get her to experience it in her mind with you at that time, heighten the feelings she is having, and then end your date at that time, you definately end up hearing from her again. Or atleast i have with every girl i've done that with.

Last thing though, i might be reading you wrong, but try to loosen up. The guys here going on about self-improvement are trying to help you out. Infact they are showing respect by saying what they did and not calling you a loser.

Reaction score
Espi said:
The key, for me, is to incorporate certain aspects of each PUA school of thought. I have found no one formula to be perfect. It's like religion; I don't believe in one particular religion, but I do adopt certain beliefs from each religion. That's why a lot of these bros oppose the book; it runs counter to the basic belief system of the DJ Bible...

May the force be with you , Luke.
That's right. It just seems that the PRIMING DATE as portrayed on the 'Succeed with Women' book seems ideal for people you are meeting on the internet who you dont know.

Obviously since you use that on EVERY internet pick-up as you have admitted, it has to be the best authority on the subject pertaining to internet meeting and seduction.

Reaction score
Espi said:
It can used in all situations...Internet, Gym, etc.

I number-closed a girl who was test-running shoes outside an athletic store....I invited her for coffee at SB...and took her out the following week. That's how I number close most of my targets: Ask if she wants to meet an hour or so for coffee...it's a good way to determine if I want to elevate the game and analyze her answers to ensure the best way to do it.
Ok, this is good stuff. You ask her out for coffee THEN you number close to reduce the chances of flaking. Do you set a tentative time before you number close?

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
I'm trying to memorise a script for the Priming date, the book 'HOw to Succeed with Women' encourages memorising a few romantic questions or conversations and say them out. So far I have a few lines or paragraphs that have been memorized.

I think my mom is being a toxic influence by discouraging the whole idea of using canned lines in PRIMING dates by saying it sounds like I've learned lines and I'm reciting them or acting, as opposed to being natural, and the date is likely to pick that up.

I've been burned too many times on PRIMING dates or first dates, that I have decided to try something different, such as inject a few canned items into a natural discussion that will get the girl thinking either romantic or adventerous. I'm not a naturally relaxed person, and it's likely I'll come across as nervous or uptight, if I'm myself, or if I'm saying lines.

If my previous dates didn't go to hell the way they did by being myself, then I wouldn't think this is necessary, as I'm so pissed off that I find myself either having to try a new approach or give up, and I dont think she understands that. She believes in this chemistry and right person nonsence. I dont know.

I'll pull up my other thread and describe how the other target girl seduction fell apart to shreds. I'm sure people here used canned lines when they started and eventually got used to them.

The book, "how to Succeed with Women' does not advocate canned lines in flirting, but definately advocates some 'canned' lines on the PRIMING date, and is very strict with it. I think my mom is toxic with her advice by saying I dont sound natural, and am seeking feedback here on how canned lines work on dates.
here is all the priming u need to memorize -

every single question u ask her, start it with a HOW, WHY, and WHAT DO YOU THINK......

and every single statement, start it with a TELL ME ABOUT, EXPLAIN TO ME, ELABORATE ON......

while shes talking, be sure to say REALLY?, YEA I KNOW, KEEP GOING, OH WOW, , THATS FUNNY, UHUH, ME TOO.

Theres all the conversation skills as a man that u need!!!!