Lorekeeper's building of a better beast. Journal with pics.

lorekeeper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Allright. Finally got off my lazy ass and decided to do it, I'm starting a journal. Maybe this will keep me motivated. I'm not focusing on women as much right now, and instead I'm focusing on myself.

I'm sick and tired of my body. I've always been fat, and constantly bugged for it. You should have seen how many people bugged me about my size when i visited India.

I haven't worked out for a few years. I'm going to say the last time I went to the gym was in 2005ish and I went from 230 to 270, becoming as strong as I have ever been before dropping to 240 and losing it slowly over the years.

In the past 10 years I have never dropped under 220lbs, but stepped on the scale a few weeks back and was shocked at it reading 219.5! I've never gone under 220 after going over it, no matter how much i dieted. This, and the fact I've been feeling down lately and striking out on a regular basis has given me the motivation to sign up.

Vital Stats:
as of my first week and a half at the gym June 3rd 2010
Weight: 218
BF: 25% (according to this calculator.) last time i checked i was 32%
diet: I've cut down a lot, but it's probably extreme. I would say I'm eating at tops 1600 cal a day.
Supplements: None as of now. Just got a job waiting for first pay.
Gym: Signed up to 2. one in town, one near my house. Go 5 times a week.

Schedule:
Monday: Arms
Tuesday:Legs
Wednesday:Shoulders
Thursday: Chest
Friday: Back
Saturday: play flag football from 1-4:30, linebacker (only full contact pos.)
Sunday: hopefully rest.

Note: Gym days are as follows: Cardio 15-30min a day. trying to reach 2km without gasping for breath. finally started sweating buckets (never really used to sweat) as for the excersises, I'm still in warm-up phase, low weights, practicing form. I'll defiantly not be lifting as heavy as i was due to my calorie deficit.

Starting pics:
Shoulda taken them earlier. This is after 1 week at the gym.

Front:

Side:

Back:

Goals:
Drop to 180, but will settle with a drop to 200.
something resembling a 6pack.
Stronger.
the space between my chest to disappear (have a 4inch gap on my chest).

Sanctimonious

Reaction score
At 235 myself I wouldn't want to scrap with you haha.

Why the isolation work over compound movements?

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lorekeeper said:
Schedule:

Huh? This is a routine I'd see only some of the most advanced lifters on for trying to gain size, cause you're only hitting most body parts only once a week!!!
FIRST read this.http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/destroying_fat_war_room_strategies_to_maximize_fat_loss

I think very highly of this coach as he is literally one of the best in the field, his name is Christian Thibaudeau, believe me when he writes an article about strength training/fat loss, body composition changes or whatever, you just shut up, read and take it ALL IN. ;)

(taken from here http://www.tmuscle.com/readArticle.do?id=1701042 There's a printable version if you click a link @ the bottom of the page)

Splits for Fat Loss

When training for fat loss, you have much more leeway. Because you'll be including more metabolic work (lactate training like circuits, complexes, GPP work etc.), you won't need as much recovery time between training sessions. The tradeoff here is that you'll be consuming a caloric deficit, which impairs your ability to recover.

So while the number of recovery days you'll need is higher (3 to 4 per week), recovery in this case just means, "don't work too hard." You can still do some cardio or other low-intensity physical activity such as walking, to help your fat loss effort along.

As I said, it's hard to gain much strength when training to lose fat. However, you should still include 1 or 2 strength sessions per week during your fat-loss stage, just to hold onto as much muscular mass and strength as you can. Read my Destroying Fat article for more on designing a fat-loss program.

Step 3. Select the proper training zone

One of the key factors in stimulating the kind of gains you want is selecting the proper training intensity zone.

Your body adapts to the demands you place upon it. As long as you attempt to progressively add more weight to the bar, practically any training zone or method you use will lead to gains in both strength and size. However, because you want to concentrate only on size or strength, you need to select the training zone that will give you the most gains for your chosen goal. If your goal is strength, for example, you would select sets of 1-3 reps rather than sets of 12-15 reps.

Use the following table to select the proper training zone for each exercise, according to your One Goal. A properly designed fat loss program needs to include different approaches, which again are covered in Destroying Fat.

Training zones for your One Goal

One Goal

Strength

Size

Fat loss

First exercise for each muscle group

Relative or absolute strength zone

1-3 reps/set

3-5 reps/set

3/2/1 wave

5/1 contrast sets

5x1 cluster

Functional or total hypertrophy zone

6-8 reps/set

8-10 reps/set

10-12 reps/set

VARIABLE

Second exercise

Absolute strength or functional hypertrophy zone

3-5 reps/set

6-8 reps/set

6/4/2 wave

7/5/3 wave

Hypertrophy zone

8-10 reps/set

10-12 reps/set

Third exercise (if you have one)

Same as second

Hypertrophy or strength-endurance zone

8-10 reps/set

10-12 reps/set

12-20 reps/set

Fourth exercise (if you have one)

Same as second

Same as third

Step 4. Select the number of sets for each muscle group

The total number of sets in your program will vary depending on your work capacity, lifestyle, diet, and other factors. Generally speaking, you should be doing between 6 and 16 sets per muscle group, and in fact most trainees make good progress keeping to a range of 9 to 12 sets. If you're doing that many sets and still not properly stimulating your muscles, it may just mean that you're being a *****, and should increase your intensity and effort.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You disagree? You say that you can bust your ass for more than 12 sets, and still recover from that volume? Well, maybe, maybe not. Some people can, but these folks are the rare exceptions, and you'd do well to assume that you're not one of them. I know, this can be a blow to your ego. We all like to believe that we are special and tough. Remember, though, that it's one thing to survive a brutal workout, and another thing to recover and grow from it.

Start in the 9 to 12 set range, stick with it for a while, and really give it all you've got in every set. Once you've given that volume an honest chance, evaluate how your body is responding. If you're positive that you can handle more volume, then you have my permission to increase it.

Remember, too, that 9 to 12 sets for each muscle group is a general guideline. If you have a low work capacity, or a busy schedule, you may need to adjust this range downward to between 6 and 9 sets. On full body days, you should be doing even fewer sets per muscle group (as low as 4 to 6), because of the hefty demands such a workout places on your body.

Step 5. Select the right number of exercises for each muscle group

You can train hard, or you can train long. To gain as much strength or size as possible, you need to emphasize the quality of your training rather than the quantity, which means eliminating excess volume.

Of course you need a certain level of volume to stimulate growth and strength, but more is not always better. Training beyond your body's capacity to recover in a session, or continuing to exercise even when your fatigue level makes further training redundant and counterproductive: these are the fastest ways to halt your progress in its tracks.

Transforming your body is a highly emotional issue. Your gut feeling is that the more you train, the better you'll get. If you just add one more exercise, or two or three, then you can be sure to hit every area of every muscle in your body, and success is guaranteed. Nothing could be more wrong. Being driven to succeed is great, but if you are being driven by your emotions, you are on the high road to zero results.

Do between 4 to 6 exercises total per training session. If you're training two muscle groups in a session, this means you can do up to 3 movements for each muscle group. If you are training three muscle groups, you do 1 or 2 movements each, and if you are training the whole body, only one exercise per muscle group is allowed. Pretty simple math, right?

In some sessions you may need to perform more than 6 exercises (in circuit training, for example), and in some sessions you will perform as few as 2 or 3. But 90% of the time, between 4 and 6 exercises is the place you want to be.

When training for strength, you do more sets of each exercise to maximize neural adaptation. Conversely, when training for size and aesthetics you perform more exercises for balanced muscular development.

Strength = Fewer Exercises, More Sets

Size = More Exercises, Fewer Sets

Remember that we only have between 9 and 12 sets to spend on each muscle group. Use the table below to find the number of sets and exercises to use for your goal and training split. For example, if your goal is strength, and you're on a push/pull split training three muscle groups per session, then you would do 2 exercises per muscle group, for 4 to 6 sets per exercise.

Number of sets and exercises for each goal and training split*

One Goal

Strength

Size

6 muscles per session (whole body)

1 exercise per muscle, 4-6 sets per exercise

4 muscles per session (upper or lower)

1-2 exercises per muscle (as long as you do not go above 6 total), 4-9 sets per exercise

3 muscles per session (push or pull)

2 exercises per muscle, 4-6 sets per exercise

2 exercises per muscle, 4-6 sets per exercise

2 muscles per session (antagonist, pattern split)

3 exercises per muscle, 3-4 sets per exercise

1 muscle per session (body part split)

4 exercises per muscle, 2-3 sets per exercise

*Note that you don't have to use the same number of sets for all the exercises in a training session. You may spread the volume in a variety of ways. Here is an example:

2 exercises per muscle group, 10 sets total:

First exercise: 5 sets
Second exercise: 5 sets
First exercise: 6 sets
Second exercise: 4 sets
First exercise: 7 sets
Second exercise: 3 sets
When training for fat loss, you have much more leeway. Because you'll be including more metabolic work (lactate training like circuits, complexes, GPP work etc.), you won't need as much recovery time between training sessions. The tradeoff here is that you'll be consuming a caloric deficit, which impairs your ability to recover.

So while the number of recovery days you'll need is higher (3 to 4 per week), recovery in this case just means, "don't work too hard." You can still do some cardio or other low-intensity physical activity such as walking, to help your fat loss effort along.

As I said, it's hard to gain much strength when training to lose fat. However, you should still include 1 or 2 strength sessions per week during your fat-loss stage, just to hold onto as much muscular mass and strength as you can. Read my Destroying Fat article for more on designing a fat-loss program.

The total number of sets in your program will vary depending on your work capacity, lifestyle, diet, and other factors. Generally speaking, you should be doing between 6 and 16 sets per muscle group, and in fact most trainees make good progress keeping to a range of 9 to 12 sets. If you're doing that many sets and still not properly stimulating your muscles, it may just mean that you're being a *****, and should increase your intensity and effort.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lorekeeper--

For your goals I would recommend something like a very basic 5/3/1 program with most of your focus on tight dieting and cardio. The massive fat loss will come with dieting, primarily. You might see some modest strength gains while dropping weight due to the muscle memory you already have, but you cant really serve two masters when it comes to physique transformation.

Great journal and good luck.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Upper arm supination with sledgehammer or Thor's hammer (elbow tucked in to your side and bent at a 90 degrees angle, hold the low position of the hammer/bar with your hand. The starting position has the hand in a pronated position/palm facing down and thumb facing in. You perform the exercise by rotating the forearm while keeping the elbow tucked in and bent at 90 degrees. At the end of the rep, the palm of the hand should be facing up and the thumb facing out)

Triceps

Category

Sample exercises

Primary

Close grip bench press, close-grip decline press, triceps dips

Secondary

Close-grip incline press, reverse-grip bench press, JM press, decline barbell triceps extension, decline DB triceps extension, flat barbell triceps extension, flat DB triceps extension

Auxilary

Overhead DB triceps extension, overhead bar triceps extension, cable triceps extension variations, triceps extension machines

Remedial

Close-grip push up on Swiss ball, close-grip push-up on wobble board

Obviously this is not an exhaustive list, but it should be a good starting point for your exercise selection.

When your One Goal is strength, you should stick mostly to primary and secondary exercises in your program: they will give you the most bang for your buck. You can include two primary movements per muscle in a training session, but I don't recommend it, as it can wreak havoc on the nervous system when working in the low rep/heavy weight zones. You would be better off with one primary and one secondary.

The downside of these big compound exercises is that they tend to play to your strengths, bypassing your weaknesses. When performing a movement involving several muscle groups, your body will find the most economical solution, shifting most of the workload onto the stronger, more dominant muscles.

The classic example is the bench press: if your shoulders are dominant, the bench press likely won't do much for your chest because your body will thriftily bypass your wimpy pectorals, shifting most of the workload onto the stronger front deltoids and triceps.

If you are training to build a good looking, complete physique, then you should be using plenty of auxiliary exercises to make sure that the targeted muscles have been fully stimulated. Still, be sure to include a primary and at least one secondary exercise in your program.

If you are training for strength, and have a specific weakness such as a rotator cuff problem, feel free to add a remedial exercise. Because its intensity will be low, you don't have to count it in your total.

The most important consideration in exercise selection is to avoid exercise redundancy. Your body has a limited capacity to recover from physical stress, so it would be stupid to piss away your precious recovery capacity on a redundant exercise.

Redundant exercises are those that work the same muscle group, using the same movement pattern, with the same grip. For example, the bench press, flat dumbbell press, flat machine bench press and Smith machine bench press are all just superficial variations of the same exercise. So are the standing barbell curl, standing supinated (palms up) dumbbell curl and standing cable curl. You get the idea, right? If you're going to select a number of exercises for one muscle group, then pick the ones that complement — not copy — one another.

One last point about exercise selection: avoid indirect overload. I see a lot of people designing lower body routines like this one:

A. Back squat
B. Good morning
C. Front squat
D. Dumbbell romanian deadlift
E. Leg extension
F. Reverse hyperextension

On paper this looks fine. All are pretty good movements and it seems that the emphasis is placed on the money exercises. However, this is a pretty stupid combination. Why? Because with the exception of the leg extension, every single one of these movements will significantly overload the lower back.

Now, there's nothing wrong with having a strong lower back. But think about what condition your lower back is going to be in once you've done your squats and good mornings. Completely fried, and it'll be nearly impossible to do the rest of the workout with any sort of quality. You won't be able to perform your front squats with an upright torso, and your Romanian deadlift and reverse hyper will both be crap, because the prime mover is dead tired.

A word to the wise should be enough. Choose your exercises carefully, with as little cross-over as possible, and maximize performance throughout your workout.

Here's the second part to "Designing a Damn Good Program" (printable version)

http://www.tmuscle.com/portal_includes/articles/2007/07-139-training.html

Train hard blood, sweat and tears. It's going to be a total lifestyle overhaul and you get out as much as you put in. That's cooking your own stuff in the kitchen, doing daily cardio, training seriously with weights, + mindset and doing some studying on your part to understand basic physiology/nutrition.

Go get some **** done, you have no excuses now. I've laid the map out with directions and it's up to you if you want to remain lost or follow a logical plan to reach your destination and goals.:up:

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lorekeeper said:
Allright. Finally got off my lazy ass and decided to do it, I'm starting a journal. Maybe this will keep me motivated. I'm not focusing on women as much right now, and instead I'm focusing on myself.

I'm sick and tired of my body. I've always been fat, and constantly bugged for it. You should have seen how many people bugged me about my size when i visited India.

I haven't worked out for a few years. I'm going to say the last time I went to the gym was in 2005ish and I went from 230 to 270, becoming as strong as I have ever been before dropping to 240 and losing it slowly over the years.

In the past 10 years I have never dropped under 220lbs, but stepped on the scale a few weeks back and was shocked at it reading 219.5! I've never gone under 220 after going over it, no matter how much i dieted. This, and the fact I've been feeling down lately and striking out on a regular basis has given me the motivation to sign up.

Vital Stats:
as of my first week and a half at the gym June 3rd 2010
Weight: 218
BF: 25% (according to this calculator.) last time i checked i was 32%
diet: I've cut down a lot, but it's probably extreme. I would say I'm eating at tops 1600 cal a day.
Supplements: None as of now. Just got a job waiting for first pay.
Gym: Signed up to 2. one in town, one near my house. Go 5 times a week.

Schedule:

Note: Gym days are as follows: Cardio 15-30min a day. trying to reach 2km without gasping for breath. finally started sweating buckets (never really used to sweat) as for the excersises, I'm still in warm-up phase, low weights, practicing form. I'll defiantly not be lifting as heavy as i was due to my calorie deficit.

Starting pics:
Shoulda taken them earlier. This is after 1 week at the gym.

Front:

Side:

Back:

Goals:
Drop to 180, but will settle with a drop to 200.
something resembling a 6pack.
Stronger.
the space between my chest to disappear (have a 4inch gap on my chest).

Lore your not far from your goals. Only thing your lacking is diet/cardio plan, once in place you'll be on your way. I'd recommend a carb cycling approach. http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_...e_nutrition/a_beginners_guide_to_carb_cycling read here and let me know if you have any questions

lorekeeper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to stay away from the computer on weekends (i'm a web designer, on it all day), I'll try covering everything here...

update to follow.

Guys, I guess "getting stronger" was not exactly the best thing to say, re-reading my post, I think it sounds kinda dumb ;) I mean, I KNOW by lifting weights, more and more I'll raise the bar and get stronger, but I think "feats of strength" are off my table for now.

Sanctimonious: I re-read my post, I don't know where you saw me doing isolation. I always start off each session with compound, such as bench dumbell press on chest day, and squat on leg day. I do mainly isolation on arm day because I don't know of any decent compound ones.

CarlitosWay: you're right. it is hard to gain muscle while losing weight. I was wrong thinking that, I will be focusing more on weight loss. i will read the links you have posted after this.

I've always lifted heavy, and with sets of 3x4-6 per excercise. My gym buddy is smaller than me, but in a LOT better shape (aerobic wise) I've noticed a BIG difference between me doing dumbell press@70lbs 3x6 and a press@40lbs 3x10 with a "pump" at the top. I'm still in the experimental stages right now, so i just want to focus on the fact that I am going to the gym and dieting, and focus on making that a habit, rather then how effectively I am doing it.

I HAVE noticed the exampe you gave about your strengths overshadowing your weaknesses in compound exercises, when doing the BB BP, I feel more of a pump in my shoulders/outside chest. only when I do flys do I feel the area i want to target on my chest. (I only do flys as the 3rd set, I do not want to waste time on isolation before I've finised my compounds) Thanks for the time and encouragement.

Colossus: I am not familiar with a "basic 5/3/1 program". is it the dieting, or sets? You are right though. I will focus on dieting and cardio, but i really really really really really hate cardio ;)

EFFORT: the fact that I am just restarting after a large break which didn't end up how i wanted does not make me feel like i am anywhere near my goals. I will post up my dieting plan when I start eating right (right now its just a calorie deficit) and hopefully I'll be able to fine tune it as I go along.

I really hate running on the treadmill. I'm hoping that it gets easier. I LOVED skating (I started skating this winter and it's crazy tiring, hoping to join a hockey league this winter if I get my cardio into check)

Update: (note: I need to start noting what I'm eating, I just realized I don't remember what I ate this weekend)

Saturday: Woke up at 10, ate and went and played football. My left knee was KILLING me, it wasn't a sharp pain, but my knee and down felt like it was bruised and a dull ache. It didn't stop me from playing though. It feels fine today. Dont know what it was, wasn't DOMS since I did leg day well before.

at night I went out with some girls to play pool, they all ordered booze, but I stuck with water. they all claim that I've "lost weight, look fit" but I haven't noticed it.

I still weight in at 218, but I have not done anything other then football this week. I was hoping to get laid last night, but the girl is either dropped into LI mode or playing way too hard to get.

I stayed out till a respectable 1am then hit the sack.

Today (Sunday) I went out for breakfast with my gang. i haven't seen them all in a week, most of them were very supportive of me not going out and not drinking.

Mental note:

I don't think this is necessarily due to working out, or dieting, or the girl I am interested in (last of my plates, all of whom i have dropped), or a combination of the both of them; but i have been feeling down and angry lately. I've been getting angry at how "down" I feel and snapping a lot, I've been getting really physical with my possessions. My car has a few dents in it, and my PS3 will probably never work again. I will try for another few weeks and if it does not improve, will talk to a professional about what to do.

Regardless, I am alive. Tomorrow is another day. When I get up I will be stronger. The cycle starts again.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lorekeeper said:
Hey Guys,

Mental note:[/B]
I don't think this is necessarily due to working out, or dieting, or the girl I am interested in (last of my plates, all of whom i have dropped), or a combination of the both of them; but i have been feeling down and angry lately. I've been getting angry at how "down" I feel and snapping a lot, I've been getting really physical with my possessions. My car has a few dents in it, and my PS3 will probably never work again. I will try for another few weeks and if it does not improve, will talk to a professional about what to do.

Regardless, I am alive. Tomorrow is another day. When I get up I will be stronger. The cycle starts again.
Focus that anger into motivation to complete your goals.

lorekeeper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
Focus that anger into motivation to complete your goals.
I would, if I could contain it till that time. There's two type of anger. one is the "back burner, simmer over the stove" anger which I get sometimes, and I do admit, it's a great motivator, but the one I've been getting lately is the "F*CK!!! GOD DAMMIT!!" *hit something* kind.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lorekeeper said:
EFFORT: the fact that I am just restarting after a large break which didn't end up how i wanted does not make me feel like i am anywhere near my goals. I will post up my dieting plan when I start eating right (right now its just a calorie deficit) and hopefully I'll be able to fine tune it as I go along.

I really hate running on the treadmill. I'm hoping that it gets easier. I LOVED skating (I started skating this winter and it's crazy tiring, hoping to join a hockey league this winter if I get my cardio into check)

-I really recommend the carb cycling approach for your diet
-I'd have you doing a good amount of HIIT and moderate state cardio, all first thing in the morning

lorekeeper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT: I've looked into the carb cycling diet. I will start that. I just dont understand the 4-day/6-day cycles. why is it on a 6 day cycle when there are 7 days in the week?

as for the HIIT. as of now I'm just hitting the treadmill before I do my weights. The morning will be VERY hard for me, I have never been a morning person. I will try.

Update:
got on the scale today. I thought the scale read 210.....220. I was right in the middle, at 215. then I realised the first number wasn't 210... it was 200! :p Clocked in this morning at 210lbs! although the scale is a bit wonky, and might not be 100% accurate, just seeing 210 made me feel so much better.

Gym day was arms today. I hate arm day, I never feel fulfilled.

15min jog, 2km (last 0.25km was a slow trot).
3x8 cable curls
3x8 tricep extentions
3x8 seated preacher curls
3x8 tricep rope pulldowns
3x8 cable hammer curls
3x8 seated tricep raises.

the killer was an excersise my friend showed me at a low weight, 30lb dumbells, 8 seated hammer raises, followed by as many pumps as i could force, walk to the bench, pickup 20lbs immidiatly do 6 hammer curls, then get the 15lbs and do as many hamer-pumphammer-pump reps as you can do (I did 10)

THAT KILLED ME! ;) for the first time in the gym my arms felt totally engorged with blood.

I might get some flak for the excersises, but this is my last week of "warming up" at the gym

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not sure what you mean by the 4/6 day cycles. For you I'd just go all low days everyday on the lower end of the cal numbers and start with 5days of 30min HIIT ideally in the morning before you eat but if you can't just find sometime to get it done.

lorekeeper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT, 4/6 day splits was me not reading the article right. I re-read it and noticed i had skipped over a paragraph.

I'm still not in a CC diet, I'm still getting used to eating less, and I know I should switch to this CC diet soon, I'm just planning it and will go shopping soon.

I've started taking some protein powder, glucosamine, l-glutamine, multivits and some creatine, but it turns out the creatine i bought was monohydrate, which might make fatloss a little harder so I stopped taking it after I read that.

Update:
I've done my first jog @ 10km an hour over 15minutes. I've weighed in yesterday at 209lbs. I hurt my right knee very badly in football so I will be making a light leg day this week, focusing more on some cardio, but will stop if my knee acts up.

I don't feel any different other than the anger thing, but people have noticed, and I need to cut new holes in my belt. the only place I've noticed a bit of fat loss is on my tummy.

oh also, I had a beer saturday night. It was a big party, I figured one beer wouldent be bad. I'ts my first beer in 2.5-3 weeks. not bad considering I normally drink 5 days a week.
will post update pics tonight.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're probably going to kill your metabolism if you're eating 1600 calories.

lorekeeper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
You're probably going to kill your metabolism if you're eating 1600 calories.
I hope not. I did drop down my caloric intake really fast, but I hope it wasn't enough to modify my metabolism.

anyway, here's my week update pics.

Front:

Side:

BacK:

Today was arm day. I didn't feel a pump. I messed up my form at one point. I've always hated arm day. It never leaves me satisfied. I was waiting for my gym partner and said I would keep jogging till he shows up. Unfortunalty that nearly killed me ;) I've NEVER jogged more than 2km in one go. Not only did I beat that today, but I did 3.01km! I gave up after that, walked for 0.5km then ran again till he showed up. total: 4km (2.48 miles) Pretty happy with that.

lorekeeper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday:

10: 1/3 cup oats, 1 scoop protein, 1/2 banana, multivits, glucosamene, l-glutamine, omega 3.

1: 1/2 subways turkey, no dressing.

3:30 1/2 subways turkey, multivits, omega 3

6:30: proetin shake with water. 1/2 banana l-glutamine

8:30 (post) myoplex

9:30 salmon salad, salmon, capers lettuce, no dressing.

thats an average day for me so far.

I did legs at the gym. 10 min cardio (jogging) to warm up.

squatted 6x195 6x195 6x245 (245 was hard for me, but i did it.)
stiff leg deadlift: 6x215 2x265(failed, couldent grip bar) 6X215 6x215
seated leg extensions: 3x8x100

had to leave since I was late for a party at a resteraunt. everyone was eating this amazing pizza, and I got really hungry there, and my hunger hasn't sated :( I'm really hungry today too. I need to add in some carbs.

going to go shopping either tonight or tommorow.

lorekeeper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday: shoulder day: was not feeling it. Gave up halfway into the workout. Went into locker room and sat down, said "**** it, what else better do I have to do?" went back and pounded out the rest. It wasn't a good workout. I guess it was the light run before it, (1km) my knees haven't been getting better.

Saturday i played football. All this gym time is making a difference on the feild. I've noticed i'm running a little faster, doing a LOT more juking, it's funny, the past 3 weeks, _I've_ won the games. It's lifting my confidence a bit more too. I'm a linebacker, but 2 weeks ago i scored 5 out of 6 touchdowns. I did not expect to finish this game, I told the organizer I wasnt feeling it and would leave at halftime. I ended up staying.

Sunday: was my day of rest. Unfotunatly i spent the first half of it moving a friend. I spent the rest of it doing SFA.

I didn't go out this weekend. No one texted me to join them. I just stayed home and walked around. Mentally feeling like ****. I've eaten more carbs this weekend then normal (mostly brown rice and oatmeal.)

weighed in at 207 this morning.