Looks are more important than you think! Merged [Official thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman
here this will prove my point

:eek: ....JESEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, if youre working on your appearance and making yourself look your best, you shouldnt be worried...Besides, every girl, let alone person, in this world isnt gonna like you...

Mustang

Don Juan
Reaction score
:eek: DAYUM, lots of cool replies,

good looking people say looks matter

average looks say looks don't matter

ugly people say looks matter

Jasmine

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I haven't read it all cos it is too damn long (!!!!) but here is what I have found to be true... We affliate looks with personality traits. It is human nature. If we come across a person that on the 'scale' is a 6, but if we have enough to do with them and fall in love with their personality, we will be attracted to people who look like them in the future because subconciously we think 'same looks, same personality'. This is why no-ones idea of 'attractive' is ever identical.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brad23

True, you don't see many four feet tall Chinese dudes with six feet Scandinavian blondes,

Haha, very funny, azzhole. :p :rolleyes:

I don't know ANY Chinese or Asians that are "four feet tall". The only people in the world who actually fall routinely below the 5 foot threshold are African Pygmies.

Most Asian men are mid-to-high five feet range, and lower 6-feet range.

Oh ****, that makes us roughly as tall as any race men in the world! *Shock* :D :D

The tallest man in the world is Ri Myung Hun or "Micheal Ri", who is North Korean national team basketball player and is 7-foot-9. That's not a typo. And no, he does NOT have a pituitary gland condition.

There are many, MANY tall Asian men, it's just that most (naturally) happen to be in Asia, where they're from. :D Some are even freakishly tall, like the pro-basketball players from China.

Basically, stop re-hashing tired old stereotypes. Are you kidding me? I dont know how old you are, but Asian guys these days definately aren't what you'd call short, even in the western world. "Average" would be a better term. I'm 5'9", just about. and that's very average, granted, but many of my friends are taller than I am, and some built like tanks. So give it a rest.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And with that, I've become a "Master Don Juan". 500 posts, baby!

LOL!!! :D :D :D :D

In all honesty, I feel that I don't deserve that title. I'll just be one in jest, then, until my skills reach the level of a master DJ.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brad23

But you miss out on life by generalising about things.

The funniest and most ironic thing is, that you ended your post against generalizations with this. LOL. Way to go, Socrates. :D

Brad23

Don Juan
Reaction score
jake, i wasn't being racist or anything. You took that WAY too personally, it wasn't meant like that at all.

I can't believe anyone would be so offended by what I said - because it's true, perhaps?

I never said I thought I was better than 'shorter' Asian guys - maybe a lot of women are just racist. Do you think I LIKE racist women? Well, I don't, so in real terms, it's probably not any easier for me to find I girl I consider LTR material than it is for many Asian or Negro guys. So whatever it is you thought I was implying, you jumped to conclusions.

Seriously, I wasn't being an as.shole, you shouldn't have taken it like that, because I was not being hateful at all. I was stating a trend I have noticed (or haven't noticed) and because it is true, I get a bitter reply insinuating that I was being an as.shole when I wasn't.

Dude, I'm afraid there ARE a lot of racist women out there, and saying there aren't is a classic case of pedestalising women.

A lot of the Asian dudes I've met in my life are great guys all round. But many of them seem to hate homosexuals and s.hit like that, without wanting to accept the obvious truths about the world - that women can be fcuking harsh about appearances, including racist thoughts. So being a gay-hater is all right, because we know that all women are perfect and saint-like.

This is complicated stuff, I'm just trying to be honest. God knows I have never said that I am better than anyone just because I happen to be taller than them or whatever. I never said or even thought that.

Clint Eastwood

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't read more than the first couple of pages, but I'll respond to this topic from personal experience.

Are women into looks? Yes But, each woman favors a different look. For example, I grew up wearing glasses, braces, and having zits. I thought I was ugly and dorky looking. But, in recent years, I've gotten very good looking. This has been difficult to adjust to. I 've been favorably compared to Brad Pitt and other men, whom most women consider very hot. Notice I said MOST WOMEN Some women don't consider Brad Pitt hot at all. Some women consider Billy Bob Thornton or even Steve Buscemi hot.

An example of this is that when I went out with one of my friends, I often had women approaching me. He would say that I had women throwing themselves at me. (That's not far from the truth) One night we went out with another friend who is bald and had a goatee. There was a super hot model-looking chic at the bar. My bald friend liked her, but he thought that she wouldn't be into him. So, I talked to her, but sure enough... she wanted him.

Later he hooked up with her, and sure enough she told him that while I was really good looking, he had the look that she is into. So it's not about being considered model-looking that counts for men. Guys can be considered to be butt-ugly by most people, but some women might think the same guy is the hottest thing on the planet. What can I say? Women are weird. I'm sure I won't get any arguing on that point.

The whole point is this . . . Women are into looks, but each woman favors a certain look. You might think you're ugly, but that girl you've been staring at all night might feel differently. You won't know until you go talk to her. You have to realize that dating is a numbers game and you can't take rejection personally. Just keep talking to every beautiful girl you see, and eventually, you'll find one who thinks that you're the hottest guy who ever lived.

As far as personality, attitude, and all that stuff, it's super important too. Women want the whole package... looks and all. Some women think that they deserve Mr. Perfect, even though they are far from perfect themselves. As far as David D'Angelo, he might be after your money, but he's exactly right about most things. Just try his stuff if you don't believe me. If you do it right and get a bit of practice, women will be more attracted to you, at first anyway.

I've been really busy lately, but I'll try to post more on all this later. Don't worry about your looks, just keep going after the women you want. Women are supposed to be the beautiful ones, not guys. Sadly, a lot of women these days have nothing going for them but their looks anyway. Just remember that, and you'll do fine.

Dirk

Reaction score
Looks

Are looks important to HB?

Yes. A HB would have a different standard then a non-HB. Getting that standard for her is probably tough because she knows she has alot more options.

She could get a dude with case and not all the good looking but a decent guy

She could get a DJ stud with not much money.

But ultimately she would want the looks, the job, everything, so looks are important to her.

Depending on her financial situation, her view on life, i.e. how independent she is or rather how her emotional needs are meet, the importance of looks would be determined.

Dirk

Dirk

Reaction score
Re: Looks

Originally posted by Dirk
[Depending on her financial situation, her view on life, i.e. how independent she is or rather how her emotional needs are meet, the importance of looks would be determined.
[/B]

If she was emotionally self-sufficent, financially secure, I think looks would be more important then a HB who needs her emotional needs fullfilled, i.e. a dude that will cater to her.

Dirk

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus Christ guys...
just get all of your azzes to the gym and pump some iron for crying out loud. There are fycking ripped fighters who have never had to read a thing on this damn site and pull so much more ass than you could imagine.

the one characteristic I notice about a vey attractive female with her guy, is that the guy is fyking built. He may not be a bodybuilder, but he has a sufficient build where he gives off the impression of the ABILITY to SURVIVE. His face may be average, but his body will compensate that.

Listen DJer's. There is competition out there. Do not think that YOU are the only ones macking on that broad. It's like the bachelorette. She WILL have her pick of guys. She will pick the one that has the greatest sex appea. And if he has no fycking personality, fine. She will dump him and go for the second pick, and then the third...

So, stop complaining and arguing. Get your azz to the gym. GET HUGE, and then COME BACK HERE and tell all of us that your transformation had NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on ATTRACTING WOMEN.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sstype
Jesus Christ guys...
just get all of your azzes to the gym and pump some iron for crying out loud. There are fycking ripped fighters who have never had to read a thing on this damn site and pull so much more ass than you could imagine.

the one characteristic I notice about a vey attractive female with her guy, is that the guy is fyking built. He may not be a bodybuilder, but he has a sufficient build where he gives off the impression of the ABILITY to SURVIVE. His face may be average, but his body will compensate that.

Listen DJer's. There is competition out there. Do not think that YOU are the only ones macking on that broad. It's like the bachelorette. She WILL have her pick of guys. She will pick the one that has the greatest sex appea. And if he has no fycking personality, fine. She will dump him and go for the second pick, and then the third...

So, stop complaining and arguing. Get your azz to the gym. GET HUGE, and then COME BACK HERE and tell all of us that your transformation had NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on ATTRACTING WOMEN.
I like your general message, that you must compete for women physically, but I'm telling you once and for all, WOMEN DO NOT LIKE MEATHEADS. THE OCCASIONAL TWO-BIT FUKKBAG LIKES MEATHEADS. DECENT WOMEN ARE INTIMIDATED BY MEATHEADS. MASSIVE MUSCLES ARE UNNATURAL AND UNHEALTHY. DO YOU WANT MASSIVE FOLDS OF SKIN HANGING OFF YOU IN A FEW YEARS, WHEN THE MUSCLES INEVITABLY SAG? THE HULK IS NOT ATTRACTIVE.

"Get huge" :rolleyes: Change the record.

TedJustAdmitIt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sstype...what are your stats mate?

How long have you been lifting?

Can you recount some of the positive experiences you've had with women since you've become "built"?

Have you had any negative experiences too?

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TorturedSoul
I dont agree with none of your statement.

So then by default you agree with everything she said.

I think you are attacking her post just because she's a woman in this case. Many people have made similar threads. Including me. Perfect example is regarding some woman ONLY dating tall guys. It happens a lot.

This is a woman being open and honest about women being just as superficial as us, if not more so. I have always been frustrated with woman putting up this superior front, as if they're not lustful creatures as well. Well they are. At least this woman admits it. So why attack her for being honest?

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eh, 5' 11 163. I am not built at all. I have not ever fycked a girl before. Time after time after time, I have been rejected. I always thought that it was what I said or how I acted that did not get the girl. But then I REALIZED, I ACTED NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OF THE HUNKS THAT ALL THE WOMEN WERE DROOLING OVER.

I am througoughly convinced from experience and research that muscularity plays a HUGE role towards generating sex appeal. No need to be a freaking meathead. That is not even possible without steriods. But muscles do give off a sign of masculinity, as RESEARCH has endlesslly proven. I would prefer a football players' build over some dianobol muscle freak

Go to NBC's dateline website and look at "FACE VALUE" article
Go to 20/20's website and look at their article on the looks arguement. The scientists have freaking evidence that how you look plays a great role towards any aspect in life, getting a job, dating women, etc.

Fine, go be a freaking full-time comedian to all the women you assoicate with. I made my decision. I want to be big and ripped. I know not every single woman will find it attractive, but I will be much better off with a better looking body than I am right now. My attitude towards life is positive, yet REALISTIC. I am not sitting on my ass complaining. I am doing something about it. I am doing slow pushups every night. Swordsman situps every night. Training with an accompished martial artist 3 times a week. 5-6 healthy meals a day.

I pledged to myself that I would improve for my benefit. But you guys go ahead. Keep on with that spotty record of hits and misses with your HB6-8 women. After all, IT IS A NUMBERS GAME RIGHT? I guess for you guys it is worth it to waste your time meeting and dating 50 flakeouts just so you can lay 1 HB7 chick. Well, sorry but I dont play by those odds. If nature requires me to have muscles to get the most beautiful and desirable women on this planet, then I will be more than willing to undergo
the lifestyle changes to achieve that.

AGAIN, let me reemphizize. I ACTED NO DIFFERENT THAN THE HUNKS THAT ALL THE WOMEN WERE DROOLING OVER. Shyt, my personality might be even better than theirs, but these beautiful and desirable women do not give a rat's ass about a personality until they are old and wrinkly.

So, my ADVICE? Stay POSITVE, YET REALISTIC. Go the freaking gym, pump some IRON. GET SWOLL. You want BEAUTIFUL WOMEN RIGHT? Well guys, we are going to have to WORK FOR IT!
They dont want average joe with a great personality, when they can choose a hunk with an equally great personality

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have decent sized muscles but narrow shoulders. You are lucky if you have naturally broad shoulders.

I can't tell you how many fat asses with broad shoulders are seen as muscular until summertime that is or when they are at the gym and get crushed by the weights i lift.

Gerange

Reaction score
Your looks are almot 90% of your game!

I'm curious why dons keep saying your looks don't matter or they're just part of your game when it seems to me, after doing approaches for almost a year now in clubs, in malls, on streets and in college that looks seem to be almost 90% of your game?

Think: If your walkign down a street and a fat, ugly chick came up to you and tried to do some C&C, Kino, eye contact, and all kinds of patterns, what would you think? Would you be attracted? Now why do dons say girls are different?

On the other hand, if your a good looking or buff guy, then the girl is already attraced, and given the right circumstances and assuming your not a social defect or a complete nut, she'll be in on you from almost the get-go.

I admit I have not been in the field long enough, and you know what, i could be wrong. Looks may not matter as much as I think, but I was wondering what all of you guys think. How much do looks matter to you?

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
its not so much looks as it is body language. 90% of human communication is non-verbal. so the way you hold yourself says way more then the best line ever could.

of course, if you have a growth bigger than a golfball on your neck, thats a different story....

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ahh..the eternal debate on looks again.

IMO, looks are a plus. altho i dont believe it makes or breaks you, your game defines your success or failure.

However girls are just as shallow as guys are (initial attraction)...which is the cover of the book. girls like to claim that looks dont matter, but theyre just lying to themselves.

Ace of flames is also right about body language. If you have that + looks, it's a breeding ground for confidence...then you're definitely in the ball game to developing game.

AlphaChump

Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks are 90% of your game. 70-80% of which you can't change. Sure, you can work out, and take care of yourself, but you pretty much look the way you look.

And so, thats why I think dons concentrate on the 10% of the game where they can make most of the difference, personality.

If you are really stressed about your looks, you can always get plastic surgery. The impact on your personality and the way you feel about yourself will improve you game way more than the physical change.

Status
Not open for further replies.