Looks are more important than you think! Merged [Official thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching Survivor: Cook Islands?

Arguably the best-looking chick there is Candice Woodcock (wow, awesome last name lol, btw!). Billy had a big crush on her...but who does she end up hooking up with?

Adam Gentry, a copier salesman...who looks like an A&F model.

In other words, BARBIE chose KEN. Looks chose looks. This is actually pretty common in the REAL WORLD. Where hot sorority girl types stick with A&F-type frat boys.

A lot of guys here are wishfully focusing on a few visible exceptions...but I think if you did a statistical study, you would find that people generally tend to couple up with those close to their own level of attractiveness.

Last edited:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wayword said:
...A lot of here are wishfully focusing on a few visible exceptions...but I think if you did a statistical study, you would find that people generally tend to couple up with those close to their own level of attractiveness.
Perhaps, but they tend to have some of the shortest lived relationships. Take all the hookups from shows like The Bachelor, The Real World, Road Rules and countless others. How many of the hookups are still together? How many are actually still remembered by anyone?

We always say "don't put all your eggs in one basket" when it comes to pursuing women, what's even worse is a guy who sarges with only his looks and no substance. Just how long to you think he'd be able to keep a woman's interest, especially if a better looking guy comes along or even worse an average looking guy who can keep her interested!

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Perhaps, but they tend to have some of the shortest lived relationships. Take all the hookups from shows like The Bachelor, The Real World, Road Rules and countless others. How many of the hookups are still together? How many are actually still remembered by anyone?

We always say "don't put all your eggs in one basket" when it comes to pursuing women, what's even worse is a guy who sarges with only his looks and no substance. Just how long to you think he'd be able to keep a woman's interest, especially if a better looking guy comes along or even worse an average looking guy who can keep her interested!
I agree, but looks are the first selection criteria...that leads on to other further tests and criteria for LTRs. Hunks might still fail those tests and break up...but at least they get that chance.

But if you don't even pass muster on the first test...it doesn't even matter if you would pass the rest.

Case-in-point, Candice is a semi-pre-med student but Adam is just a copier salesman. He's not particularly smart or knowledgeable, either. Certainly, by other criteria, he's mediocre or subpar out of all the guys. However, looks were enough to get him in the door for now...that all the other guys couldn't even get past to begin with (no matter what their latter qualifications are).

For example, Yul was a varsity track & water polo player/valedictorian. He got a scientific degree from Stanford and a law degree from Yale. And he is also consistently one of the best competitors on the show (along with Ozzi).

But you think Candice gives a shyt, tho? If she's not already attracted to his looks first...then NO. None of that shyt remotely matters!

Last edited:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wayword said:
I agree, but looks are the first selection criteria...that leads on to other further tests and criteria for LTRs. Hunks might still fail those tests and break up...but at least they get that chance.

But if you don't even pass muster on the first test...it doesn't even matter if you would pass the rest.

Case-in-point, Candice is in semi-pre-med student but Adam is just a copier salesman. He's not particularly smart or knowledgeable, either. Certainly, by other criteria, he's mediocre or subpar out of all the guys. However, looks were enough to get him in the door for now...that all the other guys couldn't even get past to begin with.

For example, Yul was a varsity track & water polo player/valedictorian. He got a scientific degree from Stanford and a law degree from Yale. And he is also consistently one of the best competitors on the show (along with Ozzi).

But you think Candice gives a shyt, tho? If she's not already attracted to his looks first...then NO. None of that shyt remotely matters!
I've heard this story before and have seen friends "get in the door" by either their looks, their car or their occupation alone because that was all they had to offer. They either jump from relationship to relationship once or twice a month telling the same story over and over; "She only wanted me for my money" or "The sex was great but now she won't return my calls." It's the same story over, and over and over.

Ever wonder why guys constantly post about their LTR (4 whole weeks :rolleyes:) going south all the time? They post about how things have gotten boring, how they can't help cheating on their girlfriends, how their girlfriends want to hang out with their friends more than him. This is because they are hooking up on looks alone, no common interests and if per chance they start learning about the woman after the fact, they find out something that they don't like about her. Most often, they end up breaking up within a couple of month. But hey, at least they got in the door.

I'll agree, there are women who will date based on looks alone, I bet it's a lot less than most guys would believe. It's just bazaar to think that guys would keep sarging these women, is it that they are completely blind to what's going on or that their looks is all that they have to offer. I don't know what the answer is but it's amusing to watch them post day after day trying to figure out how to hook up with a woman who they have no chance on holding their interest for any extended period of time.

Zero Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
I put a new pic up on hotornot today and I am 9.9 today after 14 votes...my previous photo was an 8.6 so it just shows you need to find your best photos and test them cause I had no idea this 9.9 photo was gonna be so hot, I thought it'd be more like an 8.

S

skip2mylou_781

ban this dreal character, he is a complete troll

yes I was banned, but im back!

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OMG. He's back. The fact that you got banned says more than enough. All you guys defending the looks are more important than any other thing are just a bunch of trolls who can only call names and posts that are not thought through.
The only argument you guys use are judgments of women (who use different definitions and interpretations) and things that people SAY.

You have to look DEEPER than surface commumication. Then you'll see WHY most women say they are with guys who they think are 'hot'
Hint: It's not anything looks-related.
It's as I said over and over: Because they are masculine male/alpha male/sexual man/DJ/whatever you want to call it.
A guy who has confidence, the right body language, is sexual and masculine (this doesn't have to do with the body shape you've been given by birth). In short: KNOWS how to spark and build attraction at a GUT level.

Amen. :cool:

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skip2mylou_781 said:
ban this dreal character, he is a complete troll

yes I was banned, but im back!
This complete statement is ironic and makes me wonder about a question. Why do you think that you were banned?

comic_relief

Zero Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
mr_elor said:
Riiiight, and this has what relation to the last few pages? We've been talking about how important looks are.

Either you've missed the point or it's some vain attempt at bragging.
Dude its like 70 pages...I'm not reading the whole thing just to do some KBJing about theory....its about looks and I have a pic (now it is down to 9.1)...I'm not bragging cause my other pics were 7s or 8s. So if I can get a new pic that is 9+ it just shows that anyone can bump their online profile up with a little work.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Mods...kill this thread. Its gone on long enough, skip's returned as a troll, and....I'm sure somewhere in the 33 pages of 100 each, there's the answer.

But, for the sake of sanity (and the reduction in notification email)...looks matter to certain adjustable degrees. That's the answer, close please :up:

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
^ Skip...that was totally unrelated to any post of yours. The argument should be closed once and for all, that's the sole answer.

Sorry, oh, and stop trolling :down:

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Man skip...you usually can say more then that. Can't say anything back because I'm right? Comeon, I know you want to say more, don't let your soft puccy outside take you over. ;)

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, come on up to Canada, your expense. I'll show you how eskimos and igloos in Ottawa fight with frozen swordfish and tuna.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks United States for fvcking up the world, and following (and yet still outdoing) our gay sex lead. Also, thanks for a high drinking age.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Sure, if you think you have a chance with me. Don't let me distract you from Pamela now...or else I might have to take her away from you just to show you how we Canadians roll.

S

skiptomylou781

skip_tomylou781 said:
i will not die you c0cksuckers. i will find you king frodo or should i say deus ex pianoforte....f'ucker

**** OFF WHOEVER THE HELL YOU ARE!!! stop ****in being a goddamn troll impersonating me!

Status
Not open for further replies.