Long hair or short?

NatRat

Reaction score
B-Real said:
I was just curious on what you guys thought of the hair situation. Maybe some of you don't care or may think this is a bad post, but..

Is their some kind of significant meaning behind having long hair versus short. I mean is there some kind of lifestyle that you must have to have your hair long?

I'm probably thinking too deeply as I sometimes do, but I was just curious on what yall thought was more attractive. Or what the girls may find more attractive.

Cause I always thought for a long time that long hair was for girls. But I have my hair kinda long now and I 'm kinda digging it. Does long hair seem to childish? Cause I mean I have had my hair short in the past and I can't just let it be like it is naturally cause i think it doesn't look good. So I put gel and stuff in it to kinda spike it up and make it look messy. But now I've got it kinda long.

But anyways.. any feedback would be nice

I've always wore my hair long, although I've been told by everyone I know that I look better with my hair cut short. But for me short hair has always struck me as being a bit conformist. But that's just my personal opinion.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Archaxis said:
Ninety-five percent? You're sooooo full of sh1t. :nono: Why would the girl being hot have anything to do with it? If she's good looking, and she ALSO places a priority on a guy's looks (which not all girls do), she's going to be attracted to a good looking guy... and his hair length isn't going to have sh1t to do with it unless she has some bizarre aversion to guys with long hair.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a hot chick that wouldn't shack up with one of the following, even BEFORE you told them they're all professional models (well, Kotzen is a musician) and rich :

http://www.ecrush.com/cfc/images/billboards/travis_fimmel/fimmel_right.jpg
http://www.diva.si/img/clanki/ostale/besedo imajo moski karl-lindman.jpg
http://models.com/model_culture/oftheminute/images/sept/ck_ethan.jpg
http://www.metal-rules.com/interviews/images2004/kotzen1.jpg
1. a girls hotness has alot to do with it, becuase ugly ones know theyre low in demand, and take what they can get, this includes accepting a guy who has fabios hair. hotter ones know they can do better easily, and will reject a long haired guy in a heartbeat. allthough 5% are freaks of nature, and will accept a long haired guy, but I wouldnt count them. long hair is one of those classic turn offs of women, it pretty much goes in the same class as being obese or having an approximate dwarf height. its one of those things that women just find disgusting.

2. yes, women will be attracted to good looking guy, but long hair kills his looks. a good looking guy becomes ugly when he gets fabios hair, thus women wont want him. see point 1 above, long hair is a classic turn off. 95% of women have a real problem with it, it makes their pvssy dry up.

3. as for those long hair models you showed, just becuase theyre models doesnt mean anything, women will still reject them becuase theyre too womenly looking. try short haired models. again, there will be the 5% freaks of nature who will gladly shag them. those guys have too long of hair, Kochen is real bad. Fabio is probably considered more attractive than him.

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
God_of_getting_layed said:
1. a girls hotness has alot to do with it, becuase ugly ones know theyre low in demand, and take what they can get, this includes accepting a guy who has fabios hair. hotter ones know they can do better easily, and will reject a long haired guy in a heartbeat. allthough 5% are freaks of nature, and will accept a long haired guy, but I wouldnt count them. long hair is one of those classic turn offs of women, it pretty much goes in the same class as being obese or having an approximate dwarf height. its one of those things that women just find disgusting.

2. yes, women will be attracted to good looking guy, but long hair kills his looks. a good looking guy becomes ugly when he gets fabios hair, thus women wont want him. see point 1 above, long hair is a classic turn off. 95% of women have a real problem with it, it makes their pvssy dry up.

3. as for those long hair models you showed, just becuase theyre models doesnt mean anything, women will still reject them becuase theyre too womenly looking. try short haired models. again, there will be the 5% freaks of nature who will gladly shag them. those guys have too long of hair, Kochen is real bad. Fabio is probably considered more attractive than him.
1. One, I'll agree with the fact that less attractive women (who are fully aware of it, many aren't) will have lower standards than more attractive women (who are fully aware of it, many aren't) who may have higher standards... but the idea girls would only reject a guy on the basis of having long hair predicated on the fact the 2. were actualy true, which it isn't. :nono:

2. Based on what data?! I've had long hair since I was in highschool, and after leaving redneck USA, I've had no problem meeting attractive girls. Dude, I think you're just one of those d1ckheads that don't think guys should grow their hair long because you actually admire your dad who still lives in the 1950's or some similar sh1t. Every girl's going to have her prefrecences in terms of length and style (probably more of the later), but in the vast majority of instances she ain't gonna turn down Orlando Bloom because he's got locks. I prefer long hair on my girls, but I've dated several who had short hair who were smoking hot. It's an accent, not a pre-requisite. Neve Campbell's appeared with short hair, and I wouldn't hesitate to hit that desipite it not meeting my prefrecnes. The same goes for girls. Sure, there are a few out there that are totally repulsed by long hair (or short hair for that matter), and those who will only date blond guys or whatever, but it's not like I'm gonna dye my hair becuse of it. That's sh1t logic. :down:

3. Dude, they're not the least bit effeminite, Lindman would be the only one out of the four that leans the least bit in that direction, most have very masculine features, you don't notice because, A. YOU obviously have a negative bias towards guys with long hair and believe it's inherently effiminate, and B. you're not a woman. Also, I'm pretty sure Kotzen has pulled WAY more pu$$y than yourself, and his mug was tacked up on far more girls' walls than yours...

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
on hair
depends, I have a face that goes well with extremely short (nearly bald) middle and long model type...
when I'm real short I look like a model
middle i look like a good athlete
long model style i look like one of those guys coming out of a comic, dunno why but i only look like a model when i'm nearly bald

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Archaxis said:
2. Based on what data?! ............
its common knowledge long hair is a big turn off. women who like orlando bloom liked him better in black hawk down than lord of the rings. although there are those 5% freaks of nature I talk about. face it, long hair is a classic turn off. does that mean anything to you? being a lard-ass and having long hair have something big in common, theyre universal turn offs, they kill any good traits you have. get it?
3. Dude, they're not the least bit effeminite, Lindman would be the only one out of the four that leans the least bit in that direction, most have very masculine features, you don't notice because, A. YOU obviously have a negative bias towards guys with long hair and believe it's inherently effiminate, and B. you're not a woman. Also, I'm pretty sure Kotzen has pulled WAY more pu$$y than yourself, and his mug was tacked up on far more girls' walls than yours...
are you kidding? 90% of models are more masculine looking than those models you showed. being in the 10% masculinity percentile is pretty bad. THat might as well be a good text book definition of feminine looking biotch. but of course you think they arent, you have long hair:rolleyes: and Kotzen is ugly, he looks like jack white from the white stripes, you know who that is?. its not a compliment. he also looks androgeneous.

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
its common knowledge long hair is a big turn off. women who like orlando bloom liked him better in black hawk down than lord of the rings. although there are those 5% freaks of nature I talk about. face it, long hair is a classic turn off. does that mean anything to you? being a lard-ass and having long hair have something big in common, theyre universal turn offs, they kill any good traits you have. get it?
No, I don't... because it doesn't, dumbfvck. Like you said, women who prefer his hair one way are going prefer it one way, but most are going to want him either way... because he's a good looking guy. And it's not a classic turn off, you retard, there are whole eras and civilizations where men with long hair was the rule rather than the exeption... the Norse and Native American cilivazations for exapmle. There's no scientific evidence to point to anything of the sort... either gender cutting their hair is a relitively new concept, evolution-wise. So shut the fvck up about your assumptions and throw something non-anecdotal out here of shut up. :mad:

are you kidding? 90% of models are more masculine looking than those models you showed. being in the 10% masculinity percentile is pretty bad. THat might as well be a good text book definition of feminine looking biotch. but of course you think they arent, you have long hair:rolleyes: and Kotzen is ugly, he looks like jack white from the white stripes, you know who that is?. its not a compliment. he also looks androgeneous.
I'm not gonna sit here and have some faggy discussion over weather a dude is good looking / masculine or not... but fact is, if you don't have overly effimnate features, growing your hair out long isn't going to make you the least bit androgeneous... and if you are androgeneous, cutting your hair short isn't going to help. I have hard, angular facial features (not to mention facial hair), and don't look the least bit girly because my hair is long. Sh1t, while I'm a decent looking guy, I'd make one ugly girl.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Archaxis said:
No, I don't... because it doesn't, dumbfvck. Like you said, women who prefer his hair one way are going prefer it one way, but most are going to want him either way... because he's a good looking guy. And it's not a classic turn off, you retard, there are whole eras and civilizations where men with long hair was the rule rather than the exeption... the Norse and Native American cilivazations for exapmle. There's no scientific evidence to point to anything of the sort... either gender cutting their hair is a relitively new concept, evolution-wise. So shut the fvck up about your assumptions and throw something non-anecdotal out here of shut up. :mad:
It doesnt matter if long hair used to be accepted in some old civilization, becuase in our civilization now, long hair is a classic turn off. wither or not long hair is accepted in some other civilization is irrelevent. I never said it is burned in our genes for females to find long hair a turn off, I just said the way things are today, long hair is a huge turn off, maybe in 50 years it might come back, but I doubt it. in american culture, long hair has too strong an association with femininity, any non-feminine associations it has is with metal heads and grunge, this is probably one of the reasons its a turn off. basically, becuase of this, women are conditioned to barf when a guy with long hair comes along, so to speak, lol. even if he is genuinely attractive, long hair cancels it out. a good analagy is a chicks with a shaved head. why is that a turn off to you? well the answer to that question is exactly the same reason long hair is a turn off for women. get it?

I'm not gonna sit here and have some faggy discussion over weather a dude is good looking / masculine or not... but fact is, if you don't have overly effimnate features, growing your hair out long isn't going to make you the least bit androgeneous... and if you are androgeneous, cutting your hair short isn't going to help. I have hard, angular facial features (not to mention facial hair), and don't look the least bit girly because my hair is long. Sh1t, while I'm a decent looking guy, I'd make one ugly girl.
so your sporting the grunge, metal head look eh? see my above paragraph, that is a turn off as well, and long hair is associated with that as well as femininity. it seems no matter where you look, long hair is associated or reminds a woman of something that is a big turn off. no wonder women find it fvcking ugly, even if the guy isnt. sorry man, get a hair cut!!! give yourself a marine corps crew cut for god sakes. I mean, your ugly.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i keep it buzzed/shaved. girls like to rub it. :woo:

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Soprano said:
i keep it buzzed/shaved. girls like to rub it. :woo:
Same here, they seem to like the prickly feeling. Not to mention the amount of coin I save on shampoo!

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
POLL:

What colour hair to you prefer in women?
A) BLONDE
B) BRUNETTE
C) GINGER

What size titties do you prefer?
A) 32A
B) 32B
etc etc etc

You'll get different responses to each of these questions with different guys. Say, you might get 50% liking Blonde, 45% liking Brunette and 5% liking the ginger variety.

By the same logic, I prefer brunettes, but I don't turn down hot blondes either! You think a girl would turn down Jon Bon Jovi even if she has a thing for skinheads?

It's a question of taste.

NOW: Replace the hair colour question with "What hair length do you prefer on a guy", and ask to to girls. Same logic.

Conclusion: You've got more things to worry about.

psychocandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Archaxis said:
No, I don't... because it doesn't, dumbfvck
give yourself a marine corps crew cut for god sakes. I mean, your ugly.
Guys this is the most pointless argument I've seen in a long time.

I've had long hair.
I've had short hair.

I didn't notice it make any difference to the number of girls I picked up.

Go outside and find out for yourself. And if you want to have long hair or short hair, go for it. You shouldn't change yourself for any girl... :up:

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long hair looks really good with high fashion, which is why many male models (who fvck lots of models [hot women]) have long hair. There's also a correlation between "get laid like a rock star" and rock stars having long hair. Buzz cuts look good with sh!tty clothes and boring personalities. So, if you wanna be boring and have your style express that, get a buzz cut.

Long hair is not the only good hairstyle for men, but it's almost always better than a boring-asz buzz cut that any sad sack can have.

NB I don't have long hair right now, but it was to my shoulders until a couple of weeks ago. It made women wet, but it made me hot, so I cut it.

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
doctoroxygen said:
Long hair looks really good with high fashion, which is why many male models (who fvck lots of models [hot women]) have long hair. There's also a correlation between "get laid like a rock star" and rock stars having long hair. Buzz cuts look good with sh!tty clothes and boring personalities. So, if you wanna be boring and have your style express that, get a buzz cut.

Long hair is not the only good hairstyle for men, but it's almost always better than a boring-asz buzz cut that any sad sack can have.

NB I don't have long hair right now, but it was to my shoulders until a couple of weeks ago. It made women wet, but it made me hot, so I cut it.
your full of sh*t. just becuase there is a correlation between 2 things doesnt mean there is a cause and effect relationship. just because rock stars have long hair and get laid dont mean the long hair is contributing to it. theres a correlation between people being in jail and having black hair (most in jail are afro american), but it doesnt mean having black hair will increase your chances of being put in jail, the black hair isnt taking over his brain and causing him to want to break the law. correlation and causality, not the same thing, get it?

Most women prefer buzzcuts over women long hair, its the "sexy manly tough guy who will protect me" thing that women have. long hair means "little b1tch who would scream like a woman if a guy tried to mess with him", a turn off to women.

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesnt matter if long hair used to be accepted in some old civilization, becuase in our civilization now, long hair is a classic turn off. wither or not long hair is accepted in some other civilization is irrelevent. I never said it is burned in our genes for females to find long hair a turn off, I just said the way things are today, long hair is a huge turn off, maybe in 50 years it might come back, but I doubt it. in american culture, long hair has too strong an association with femininity, any non-feminine associations it has is with metal heads and grunge, this is probably one of the reasons its a turn off. basically, becuase of this, women are conditioned to barf when a guy with long hair comes along, so to speak, lol. even if he is genuinely attractive, long hair cancels it out. a good analagy is a chicks with a shaved head. why is that a turn off to you? well the answer to that question is exactly the same reason long hair is a turn off for women. get it?
No, I don't... I asked for data, not another reiteration of your bigoted opinion. Where the fvck is long hair on men associated with feminitiy? Plenty of long haired bad-asses, rock stars etc... have been portrayed as the anthisis of feminitiy. In fact, as much as I try not to stereotype, when I see a guy with long hair, the first thought is, "I wonder if he plays in a band"... which is about as fvcking alpha-male as you can get. I'm guessing that the average person thinks the same thing. Furthermore, the male homosexual community is just about the only place in the U.S. where you won't find men with long hair.

so your sporting the grunge, metal head look eh? see my above paragraph, that is a turn off as well, and long hair is associated with that as well as femininity. it seems no matter where you look, long hair is associated or reminds a woman of something that is a big turn off. no wonder women find it fvcking ugly, even if the guy isnt. sorry man, get a hair cut!!! give yourself a marine corps crew cut for god sakes. I mean, your ugly.
Dude, this is further proof that your ill-founded opinion is your own bullsh1t bias... what the fvck is wrong with metal? You are a complete joke as are your opinions. Shove off, redneck.

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most women prefer buzzcuts over women long hair, its the "sexy manly tough guy who will protect me" thing that women have. long hair means "little b1tch who would scream like a woman if a guy tried to mess with him", a turn off to women.
Dude, where do you live where guys still have buzzcuts?! Not any major U.S. city, off any military base, or our outside a trailer park. :crackup: I've got nothing against short hair, but a buzzcut? No wonder you have such a sh1t perspective here. Buzzcuts went the way of mustache, thank god... :yes:

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
archaxis,

obviously, your ugly, and your mad that Im right. long hair is ugly. ANd you just proved yourself wrong by admitting that long hair is strongly associated with metal.(which I already pointed out). most metal bands today, I dont know what you like, but my impression is you lke lamb of god, BLS, slipknot, who the **** knows,but all those band members are ugly. and if you look at most of the fans that listen to that ****, theyre twice as ugly. so if long hair is strongly correlated with metal, its correlated with uglyness. maybe back in the 80s, metal guys were sexy, but today, metal guys are ugly as ****. they all look like crack heads with long hair.

and I stand by my point that long hair is way associated with femininity. If you randomly select any human being in the US, and it has long hair, and you check its gender, its WAYYYYYY more likely to be of female gender than male. If you randomly select a human being with short hair, and check its gender, its WAYYYY more likely to be a heterosexual male. long hair is a good predicter of the female gender. thus its strongly associated with it. GET IT?

a far better predicter of the female gender then a metal band affiliation.

and by the way, as if long hair isnt ugly enough, something tells me in general, you aint too good looking, so thats 2 negatives right there. YOUR DOUBLE FVCKED! get a marine crew cut son. join the military, itll make a man out of you. women LOVE military guys. its makes em wet. you dont beleive me, ask any woman if they think military guys are sexy. theyll say YES!!!!

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
archaxis,obviously, your ugly, and your mad that Im right. long hair is ugly. ANd you just proved yourself wrong by admitting that long hair is strongly associated with metal.(which I already pointed out). most metal bands today, I dont know what you like, but my impression is you lke lamb of god, BLS, slipknot, who the **** knows,but all those band members are ugly. and if you look at most of the fans that listen to that ****, theyre twice as ugly. so if long hair is strongly correlated with metal, its correlated with uglyness. maybe back in the 80s, metal guys were sexy, but today, metal guys are ugly as ****. they all look like crack heads with long hair.
First of all, you're the master of sweeping generalizations, and second, you're WAY out of touch. Sure, there are fugly metal guys... and not a lot of them present themselves well, but that's kinda the point. The "sexy" 80's "metal" guys (make note of the quotes there :rolleyes:) you're talking about, in most cases, weren't actually sexy... nor were they metal. They were a bunch of faggy pu$$ies that spent WAY too much time on presentation. I mean seriously, have really taken a look at some of those dudes? There were just as many ugly dudes there as anywhere else. That's going to be true of any profession really: glam, metal, or the military. Only so many guys are blessed with good looks (10%? Less, maybe :confused:), the rest are lacking. Men are not the fairer gender... so yes, most dudes in metal are fugly as any profession where looks aren't the selecting requirement, from accounting to engineering to sales to cooking to underwater basket weaving. MOST people I encounter associate my long hair with being a musican (a guitarist in partuclar, and not any specific genre) and nothing else... and it's usally a girl hitting on me. :p It's the same as seeing a guy with a three-piece suit and associating it with being a business man, no matter if he's good looking or fat and ugly. A doesn't have anything to do with B... sorry. :down:

and I stand by my point that long hair is way associated with femininity. If you randomly select any human being in the US, and it has long hair, and you check its gender, its WAYYYYYY more likely to be of female gender than male. If you randomly select a human being with short hair, and check its gender, its WAYYYY more likely to be a heterosexual male. long hair is a good predicter of the female gender. thus its strongly associated with it. GET IT?
Well you stand as being wrong then... I've never met a guy with long hair that turned out to be a girl (most transvestites and drag queens are short haired homos wearing wigs), but I have met a good number of guys with long hair that are musicans... and most aren't the least bit feminine. You can't make a statment in a culture where 95% of the male population has short hair that "a guy with short hair is going to be a guy". You stating the fvcking obvious. I've got three or four male friends who shave their head bald (which is about as rare as long hair nowadays) but it doesn't indicate that they're old just because a good majority of bald men are old (not by choice). Statistcs and preception are not the same thing.

and by the way, as if long hair isnt ugly enough, something tells me in general, you aint too good looking, so thats 2 negatives right there. YOUR DOUBLE FVCKED! get a marine crew cut son. join the military, itll make a man out of you. women LOVE military guys. its makes em wet. you dont beleive me, ask any woman if they think military guys are sexy. theyll say YES!!!!
Of course, just like if you ask a chick if she thinks "rock stars are sexy", or "firemen are sexy", you dumbfvck! :cuss: She's going to envision the idealised version of the given profession... not any of the ugly bastards I've known as firemen, in the military, or musicans. But this is my whole goddamn point here, you keep insisting that these sort of blanket generalizations exist, and while they may to a small extent, the fact of the matter is, that in application, a good looking guy is a good looking a guy and an ugly dude is an ugly dude, end of story. You can dress him however you want, change his hair, clothes, and profession all you want, but it doesn't make a lick of difference 99% of the time. Of course there are a few girls that would break it off with Brad Pitt if he grew his hair back out, but there's also girls that wouldn't touch a military man with a 10 ft. pole. They're the superfical extremes in the situation and the minority. A good looking, decent guy in the Army should have no problem with attracive girls, so should a good looking, decent guy with long hair.

Myself, I'd say I'm a pretty good looking guy and I've heard it from strangers on a good number of occasions, often being told that I'm 'gorgeous' and whatnot. And I actually get hit on LESS when I wear my hair under a benie and appear short-haired. That alone blows your theory out of the water IMHO. How do you figure that is? And I'm 29 years old (don't call me "son", fag!), have a B.S. in product design, and work as a designer and engineer for a construction company and make more money than your average jarhead on the fast track to a pine box with an American flag draped over it. There's no point in applying for the military now, I'd not get much out of it, nor will they take me at my age.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your full of sh*t. just becuase there is a correlation between 2 things doesnt mean there is a cause and effect relationship. just because rock stars have long hair and get laid dont mean the long hair is contributing to it. theres a correlation between people being in jail and having black hair (most in jail are afro american), but it doesnt mean having black hair will increase your chances of being put in jail, the black hair isnt taking over his brain and causing him to want to break the law. correlation and causality, not the same thing, get it?

All he said was correlation. If you want to look like a rock star, who does get laid, grow your hair long. Not "if you grow your hair out you will get laid" - not what he said. For a while, every romance novel had a long-haired, muscular man on the cover. When Hollywood wants to portray an ancient hero, more often than not they go with long hair. Hell, Samson had long hair, and look where a buzzcut got him. Point is, for a very long time masculinity and long hair have been closely aligned. There are other good points on this board about that.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ARGH. Appearing "masculine" with a buzz cut is NOT THE ONLY WAY TO CONVEY SEXUALITY, WHICH IS ULTIMATELY WHAT ATTRACTS WOMEN. In fact, buzz cuts imply that you don't care about your appearance, and live pragmatically, i.e., "My haircut serves a utilitarian purpose."

Tweek_1984

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always used to wear my hair short and had decent success with girls. Then I grew my hair really long, almost shoulder length. I thought I looked good as did my friends and family but I didnt have much success. So I started to worry that I was looking too feminine. So I cut my hair short during last summer and the difference was crazy, I looked about 15 and the short hair really brought out any imperfections in my complection. I started to grow my hair out again.

By the autumn I was sporting a shaggy style and I went on to meet my now hot girlfriend. She's not a airhead blonde 'barbie', but an intelligent and sophisticated great looking girl. As soon as I showed her pictures of my old long hair she thought I looked hot and she went and showed her friend who thought I looked way better with long hair.

So, I'm still in the same relationship and Im growing it out.

Conclusion? If you like your hairstyle and you're pretty sure it looks good, it probably is.

I don't think it matters whether you have long or short hair as long as it makes you look cool. I suppose different hairstyles may have a different affect on different women. For example I'm unsure whether I'd be with my now current girl now if I'd had a skinhead or super-long goth hair.