Lifeforce Weightlifting Journal

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
Lifeforce:

one trick from the "king of cheating here"

Here has been my thoughts, I tried it a week or so ago and was pleased with the results. I do heavy deads on Friday, and they can make my lower back tight for a while. If I follow up with SLDL a couple days later (monday) I noticed sometimes my back can be tight, which can take my mind off working my hams.

So, me being the cheater, I threw on a belt to do SLDL... and man, I could really focus on stretching the hams, and they were blasted the next day. Just a tho't.
hmm... thanks man.. I just might try that. First I need a belt though. Maybe I can make my own belt like my straps which I have only used ONCE! Not to brag or anything. ;)

Silverwex: Ohh yeah, damn soreness after the negative military on the push press. I have a little wider than shoulder width. I do alot of olympic lifting too, and that has probably something to do with it.

Double: Thanks man, I just wanted to try some militaries when my friend did it. Haven't done them in a while since I've started push pressing instead. I was pleased though =D The jump squats are barbell on back and then you jump from the ground. People looked at me and probably wondered what I was doing jumping up and down with a barbell =D

Gav: Yeah I run in the gym, but it's mostly machines and small runts who own the place so I don't give a ****. There was a cool guy who commented on my stone carrys and said he recognized them from worlds strongest man. I feel 100 kg is pretty good, in WSM I think they use 150 kg.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The jump squats are barbell on back and then you jump from the ground.
Sweet. When I learned them in High School, we always did them in the front. Don't know if there's a big difference or if there's a risk of injury from one side vs. the other, just thought I'd share:).

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bench 3x75 kg
Bench 3x70 kg
Bench 6x70 kg (high tempo, close grip)

Static Holds 10x90 kg 198 lbs
Static Holds 10x130 kg 287 lbs
Static Holds 10x170 kg 374 lbs
Static Holds 10x180 kg 396 lbs
Static Holds 8x185 kg 407 lbs
1 rep = 1 second

Captains of crush trainer left 12 reps
captains of crush trainer right 15 reps
Maxing on coc 2 right 3 mm from closing
Maxing on coc 2 left 2 cm from closing :/

I'm taking some time off until thursday, I have an exam in sports at thusday.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you have some nice static holds and coc here. no wonder i have so much trouble deadlifting. coc#1 has arrived and 2-3cm are missing to close them!! i can't believe your gotten so strong with your hands good job!!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks double! thanks mid_au!

Alot of technique in the coc too, you'll get nmr1 real quick double.

Static holds are when you lift a olympic bar from the rack and just hold it until your grip start to give away. It's a killer for the supporting grip.

Captains of crush are grippers you use to get stronger crush grip. Very useful sometimes. They come in different numbers according to how strong they are:

Trainer (T): 100 lbs
Number 1: I think it is 140 lbs
Number 2: 195 lbs
Number 3: 280? lbs
Number 4: 365 lbs

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another lousy pass

Warm up

Deadlift

6x60 kg
4x85 kg
2x105 kg
1x135 kg

Deadlift maxing
0x155 kg **** **** **** ****!!"!

Deadlift with platform 5x115 kg
Deadlift with platform 4x120 kg

Military press 5x52.5 kg
Push press 3x65 kg
Push press 2x70 kg

Bench with widest grip possible 5x20 kg
Bench with widest grip possible 5x40 kg
Bench with widest grip possible 5x50 kg
Bench with widest grip possible 5x60 kg
Bench with widest grip possible 2x65 kg
(working on improving the bench, new routine)

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm. btw didnt you say you are taking some time off due to your exam?

is the platform lift more on the back or on the legs?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's more on the back and the hamstrings.

I'm sorry to be abrupt but I'm mentaly exhausted.

here are some of the things we did:
20 minutes warm up (more like, 20 minutes of hell)
Then aerobics (more like scare-crow dance)
maximal number of skip rope in 60 seconds (managed 107 :()
Bip test (I was awful! )
Strength tests, triceps dips, hanging in rings, etc.. (piece of cake)
agility tests (I was fastest ;))
High jump
Vertical jump (I beat the second best with 12 cm ;))
Side jumps
standing long jump (I was best)
Some gymnastic exercises with bar (totaly rocked)
30 meters
thrusting a steel ball (I was best)
Basketball
badminton
dancing (I killed on the dancefloor ! :D)
stretching
and to tip it off I showed my special interest
Squats (the teacher was impressed by my lightweight 105 kg ATG! :rolleyes: she commended my technique and when I was with the class she said I wasn't allowed to answer any questions of any of the weight training related questions after I answered the first one :D)
Snatch
Clean and Push press :rolleyes:

anyway, total of about 5 hours of training. I'm still mentally exhausted even though it was yesterday I trained. Got the emails of a nice girl too. No number because we just talked while we danced and between some exercises. I think she will remember me fondly, we got to touch each other alot when we danced, alot of endorhines and we both were pretty sweaty so it was like seing some vurnarbility in each other, create some bond you know. Just too bad there wasn't any stone carrying taking place. :mad:

Ohh yeah, talked alot to another girl too, but she had boyfriend and I didn't bother. A third girl was awfully cool to hang around with, she was very happy and ligthhearted, something I seldom see today.

Lifted a steel thing where you put the bikes which must have weighed at least 100 kg. Much like a rack pull, pretty cool.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds cool man. you got great results, or? gratz on the best performances but everything would have been a shame in these discipline right:D how long was your standing long jump?? the jumping with the squat bar has paid off dude!

did the girl just told you that she has a bf or you found out? just wondering in my experiences girls never say that if they think you are a "cool guy" and if they think you are an idiot they will tell you even if they have none. but maybe i'm just the ultimate attractor for attention/cheating *****s.....or maybe this is normal dunno. getting the email was a good idea if she lives far away(you say your doing a lot of travelling) i will keep that in my mind never thought about getting email. but real letters can be very stylish;)

i thought deads always mainly work the back and hams?but sorry i am new to lifting
:)

can you send me the PM later on or something? tomorrow morning i go to the doctor well we will see

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Off course I'll send the PM.

I hope that. During the cardio I was pretty much ****ed. I'd rather walk 50 meters with a 100 kg rock than running 5 kg. My standing long jump was 2.5 m+, the teacher didn't measure any longer. The vertical increased by 8 cm since last time, and I've gotten bigger too! =)

I found out when she made out with him later. the other girl doesn't live so far away, she looked really nice... you know one of those women who are all radiant when you look at them. Like they fit you well and you know instantly that this girl is worth going for. I'm gonna talk to her for a while and then get her number. It would be cool to meet her again, no DJ rules, no nothing planned. She seemed to like to touch me alot and when I touched her when we danced. More than the other girls I danced with. She was very eager to give me her mail too, like we were splitted up alot and she went back three times to explain that she only had mail and then she wanted me to write my email too when I got hers "in case I loose hers".

Well, I'm pretty unsure what it works, it just help me off the floor.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha. that was a good jump man. i was asking because one time i was thinking about joining the police, of course not fighting for society+rules, more of a corrupt police officer making lots of illegal money and having adventures, along with some occassional good deeds. something like denzel w in training day :D but thats probably unrealistic :/ you had to jump 2,2m

yeh i know these girls. thats why i was so pissed about not making any move with the girl who gave me the beer. probably some other girls thought you were hot too...but this girl knows she's hot herself and knows the game and thats why she was the one who touched the most. yeh sounds cool prolly she thinks the same about you. i agree with no dj rules, however the only thing that one should never do is to have too much contact before going in for the kill. because if it doesnt work out then you are ****ed. but prolly having some other girls on the side helps.

good then i will answer the PM now

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bench pressing 8x65 kg (wide grip, getting used to it)
Bench Pressing 6x70 kg
Bench Pressing 4x70 kg

Incline benching 4x60 kg
Incline benching 4x60 kg

Biceps Curl 8x35 kg
Biceps Curl 4x35 kg

Close grip Chin downs 8x70 kg
Close grip Chin downs dropset 6x65 kg 5x55 6x45
All partial Reps

10 dips
Skull crushers 8x30 kg
Skull crushers 4x35 kg

Leg Raises in machine 15x15 kg (did abs day before so I took it easy)

170.5 lbs without clothes 14% BF

I feel I'm getting used to the wide grip now, it felt more secure this time and my arms didn't shudder when I lifted. I will go for 8x70 next time. Hopefully I will be up at 8x80 kg soon and finally press that damn 100 kg. I hate being forced to remake my grip and go down in weight.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how can you have that low bf?? is your diet that clean or how come i lost 8kg and i'm around 14%now after cutting lol. dont wanna gain that much fat again lol :/

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done a cut down from 80 before down to 74 then up to 80 again. Now I'm at 77.2 kg this morning and I'm gonna cut down to 72-74 kg 10% BF. I don't want this cutting cycle ****ed up by being sick.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My new BB routine

Day 1 chest + arms + abs
3 set Bb Bench press
3 set Bb incline press
2 sets biceps curl straight bar
2 sets chin downs with close grip
2 set Dips 10 reps
2 set skull crushets
3 set of ab exercise 15 rep

Day 3 legs + shoulders
3 set squats
3 set SLDL
2 set Front Squats 5 reps
4 set standign calves raises 10 reps
2 set military presses
2 set push presses with controlled negative
2 set lateral raises

Day 5 Back + abs
3 set of deadlifts
2 set of barbell rows
2 set of close grip chin-ups 10 reps
2 set of shrugs
3 set of static holds 10 seconds each
3 sets of leg raises attached to machine 15 rep each

All 4-8 unless other stated.

Ohh this girl I met, damn! !! She is just like me... she do the same things, have the same mentality as me, she looks awesome... If she fit me this good that she seem to then lifeforce will fall in love :D

mid_au

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce
I've done a cut down from 80 before down to 74 then up to 80 again. Now I'm at 77.2 kg this morning and I'm gonna cut down to 72-74 kg 10% BF. I don't want this cutting cycle ****ed up by being sick.
hey lifeforce!

how long did it take you to gain that much weight?

good luck with the new routine! :cool:

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man.

It took about 3 months to gain 6 kgs. Nothing fancy but I kept the bulking pretty slow to gain maximum muscle. 2 kgs of it is probably water and glykogen (lost 2 kg the first two days of cutting).

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so this is your new routine, finally. looks good. no closegrip instead of incline?