Lifeforce Weightlifting Journal

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im back for today:cool: i gave my computer away (not for ever), but now i need to do some research and so i wanted to visit you guys in the H+F forum of course.

have you gotten your graphic card back?

looking good =) how much bf is it now?

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce:

Befrore:
http://www.geocities.com/piratkaptenen/lifeforce/transformer.JPG

After:
http://www.geocities.com/piratkaptenen/lifeforce/wheels.jpg

All I gotta say is, congratu-f*cking-lations on your leg development, it's impressive as hell!

I enjoyed reading your squat updates, and knew that your hard work would pay off. Wish more people had this kind of dedication (tom platz mentality) when it came to their leg training. Btw, how are your calves in proportion to quads? Don't neglect those.

Your upper body development is very good as well, your traps are really shaping up. The chest seems to be your hardgainer body part.

One thing I can recommend is doing bench sets with half-reps. Basically you lift the bar a bit over your chest, but never fully strengthen out your arms. You do a lot of short
& fast reps (from an outside perspective it doesnt look like you are raising the bar, it looks like you're jerking it up and down [man that sounds gay]). But it works! This is the only time I ever do fast reps by the way.

The goal of the exercise is to make the chest work with little help from the triceps. You can see an awesome demonstration of this in Pumping Iron when they show Lou "The Hulk" Ferrigno training. Sergio Olivia used to do this all the time too. Make sure you have a spotter because it will tax out your chest and you wont be able to bring the bar up by yourself.

You wont be able to use as much weight, but this is a body sculpting method, not a strength training one. Give it a shot if you want to increase your chest size. I usually do it after I finish my chest workout to fully tax the muscle. Afterwards, my chest stays swollen for like 3 days lol.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks mindovermatter, I've had alot of trouble with chest as you can see. I'm gonna try that out next time I bench. I've started semags way of lifting, doing a set and then taking 15 deep breaths and put up some more reps. I feel it has been too few reps lifting this way so I'm gonna throw your idea in last of my chest pass.

The calves are 16 inches, my legs are about 23 inches. I don't know a good ratio of leg to calf but I need to get then growing. I really appreciate your comment and everyone elses. My legs are very easy to add mass to, I just wish it was as easy with the other body parts too. =)

Do you think I can be around 10% BF?

I have got it back, but I am not surfing so much, I usually go out and enjoy the summer instead. Good to hear from you double. I think my BF is around 10% it should be.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
btw... tom platz is one of my idols, the man is sick. I saw him put up 23 reps of 500 pounds with a single ply! And he was smiling!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squats 6x110 kg
Squats 4x110 kg (rested 15 breaths)
Squats 12x85 kg ATTG

SLDL 8x100 kg
SLDL 4x100 kg (rested 15 breaths)
SLDL 8x100 kg
(do a deadlift with straight legs and straight back from the ground)

Hamstring curl 5x55 kg
Hamstring curl 5x45 kg
Hamstring curl 6x35 kg
Hamstring curl 8x25 kg
(all in one set, could hardly walk after these)

Leg press 10x107 kg (right leg)
Leg press 4x107 kg (left leg)

Biceps curl 4x40 kg (straight bar
Biceps curl (negatives) 6x45 kg

I almost passed out several times, it was hot as hell in the gym. Squats were a real pain to do. For the first time in 8 months I felt as good as I did the first month of training. Sad I've dropped so much on the squats, but I did them without rest on the top this time. I usually took 1 second of rest when I lifted heavier.

I'm back in bulking now! 165 lbs with a goal of 180-190 10% BF to next summer.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yooooooooooooop the wheels are soooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.

yeh it's so hot here. im sweating all day since i got my weight up, when im sitting, when im sleeping etc, like i was in a club just sítting with some skinny friends. i didnt see one piece of sweat on them, and my shirt was wet afterwards, sweat drops in my eyes(i shouldnt have plucked my eyebrows like a girl!!). really a bad sideeffect of the increased muscle, i feel so tired all day, no urge to approach, to workout etc :/ hope i get used to it soon or it gets colder soon .......

i have it back now , too. but maybe i give it away again soon :p

sorry does more look like 11-12% to me........but hot for sure you could be a male cheerleader:cheer:

:D

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deadlifts 3x125 kg platform
Deadlifts 2x125 kg (normal)
Deadlifts 10-11x110 kg (normal)

The heat was unbearable, I am positive it effected me negativly at my deadlifts and all other lifts

Good mornings 8x85 kg
Good mornings 4x85 kg (15 breathes pause)

Rows 8x55 kg
Rows 6x65 kg

Biceps curl 3x40 kg
Biceps curl (negatives) 8x45 kg
Biceps curl (negatives) 3x45 kg

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Double
yooooooooooooop the wheels are soooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.

yeh it's so hot here. im sweating all day since i got my weight up, when im sitting, when im sleeping etc, like i was in a club just sítting with some skinny friends. i didnt see one piece of sweat on them, and my shirt was wet afterwards, sweat drops in my eyes(i shouldnt have plucked my eyebrows like a girl!!). really a bad sideeffect of the increased muscle, i feel so tired all day, no urge to approach, to workout etc :/ hope i get used to it soon or it gets colder soon .......

i have it back now , too. but maybe i give it away again soon :p

sorry does more look like 11-12% to me........but hot for sure you could be a male cheerleader:cheer:

:D
haha... thanks man... I just might sign up for that. =) Back in bulk now though.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol i hear my workout curse about the heat and less weight, too. while im chilling in my time off the weights but well somehow i miss it ofcourse. maybe i shoot a picture or two soon, although i neither have mass nor low bf i think chest and espiacially lats look good so i think it would be worth a picture. im focusing only on dips and chinups recently so is it a wonder =]

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Goddamn LF... what a transformation... awesome stuff.

My knees aren't the greatest, so i'm a bit reluctant to take to em with squats/deadlifts... is there a safer way of doing them, or will leg press suffice (if even thats ok)?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks man =)

I don't have the experience to tell you an answer to that. I've mostly done combos of squats and leg presses, never leg presses alone. From day one I've been squatting at the gym. If you have a special condition with your knees then I understand, but isn't it possible to go with light weight and then learn perfect form and then lift? Should have read this reply before I posted in your journal.

The problem with leg exercises is that almost every lift you can do will require high amount of weight and alot of pressure on the knees. Leg extensions I think is the worst exercise there is for the knees. Alot of professional lifters go only with leg presses but they are pumped with steroids too so it might not be the best thing to do. Avoid squat only as the last resort. If I had to abandon squats it would be a legpress/SLDL routine.

Back exercises are easier to switch. You can do heavy barbell rows, good mornings and shrugs. But I do think deadlifts are essential too.

The heat is just insane. Yeah I've seen you've only been focusing on this, seeing a picture of you would be awesome. You have been cutting since the last pics and npw you've done more chin-ups than ever. Screw low BF! =) I've been thinking a little,. wouldn't it be pretty cool if people posted some workout pictures once in a while?

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeh i will borrow my bros digicam and take a few shots in the mirror will see how it works out. omg, im so pissed off :(

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds good, why are you pissed off?

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im totally wasted from drinking for 10hours, getting only 2hours of sleep...i make some more pics tomorrow but promise is promise here we go------- and yes i did clean my mirror after i saw the picture =P

the reason why im so pissed off im gonna pm or even make a thread but for now im too tired man

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/xx-xx-xx/P1020064.jpg

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
btw why am i posting progress photos in YOUR journal....well i guess im really wasted:D

onelife

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey Lifeforce, just out of curiosity whats your current diet? Im finding this the hardest part of my training..

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your looking good mate! Earned yourself a night out =) Ok, PM if you feel like it.

Onelife:

My diet is pretty straightforward. Loads of water. But bear in mind this diet is nowhere near good in the traditional way. If I had the time and the money I'd eat ****loads of meat.

Meal 1
Oatmeal porridge + 1 scoop of whey + 2 spoons of mashed flax seeds - 1 multivitamin and 1 multimineral

Meal 2
Usually 6 slices of some form of healthy bread with a little peanut butter.

Meal 3 Either rice w/ chicken or another plate of oatmeal.

Meal 4
2 scoops of whey in milk

Meal 4 when training
2 scoops of gainer + creatine + glutamine

Meal 5
2 scoops of whey in milk

Meal 6
2 scoops of whey in milk

Meal 7
0.5 kg cottage cheese + creatine

As it is summer I eat a little cheat now and then. The large amount of whey is used because as a student I really can't afford to eat such expensive food in the summer since I'm not working.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chest day

Chest
Bench press (very strict): 8x60 kg
Bench Press (very strict): 6x65 kg
Bench press (very strict): 6x60 kg

Incline Db bench press 8x24 kg
Incline Db bench press 3x24 kg (after 15 breats pause)
Incline db bench press 5x24 kg

Flyes 8x11 kg (trying them out)

(couldn't do partial reps on bench presses because I had no spotter)

8 Dips (very strict)
6 dips (very strict)

Close grip bench press in smith (all other occupied) 4x47 kg
Close grip bench press in smith 8x37 kg

Skull crushers dropset (don't remember weights)

Leg day
Squats 5x110 kg (very strict with no pause whatsoever at the top)
Squats 10x95 kg (very strict)
Squats 7x100 kg (very strict)

SLDL 6x110 kg (very strict)

Leg press one legged left 8x115 kg
Leg press one legged right 8x115 kg
Leg press pump set 10x178 kg (maximum weight)

Hyperextensions 10x25 kg

Military press 5x42.5 kg
Push press 6x55 kg
Push press 5x55 kg

Lateral raises 8x6 kg
Lateral raises 7x7 kg

Awfully hot in the gym, I almost fainted alot of times. Some guy came up to me and said I would destroy my muscle if I lift like that. The thing was that the squat bar got stuck in the rack so it almost topled over to one side and he only stood there looking. Could have helped a little I know I would have. I've been doing squats alot more strict and with no pause at the top at all. It's brutal. I was dead at the military presses

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i applaud you on your strictness:cheer: i hope you keep it up, else im gonna tap you on your fingers with my old-schoolteacher stick if ya know what i mean:D seriously im bettering my form also....going slowly down on squats etc....i lift WAY less but growing and getting stronger is more important than having some useless number in the journal, right?! poor lifeforce, has the gym no climatic system? im lifting without shirt in these days....but everything is wet afterwards...i think the gym owner might get a bit angry if you do that. check your PM# mate!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throw some stuff out from your PM box so I can respond! Like I said in the PM, you have made an awesome transformation man! I'm sorry of not being of more help to you in the other post, it would be so much simpler to be useful IRL.

I feel sorry for me too. =) On the leg and deadlift days I almost faint every time I lift. Not cooling system at all. Completly agree man, leave the ego at the door.