Knowing too much about Gf's past

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find out what/how she thinks about dad-if he's an AZZ, you will be. She'll have a deep covert men are scum belief. I'd bail just from the dysfunctional relationship her parents have.

Some posters here are seriously in denial or ignorant. After my second son was born, I found out about a marriage I didn't know about[her family kept it secret that long]. Then, when my oldest son turned 13, he started dating a girl from my home town. My wife was really nervous about it. Turns out she started haveing sex at 13-not the I was drunk because mom had a heart attack and got pregnant and married at 18 I was led to believe. Other comments were also surprising. Divorced her because of her lack of respect, not for past history. BUT I didn't find out until she has me tied down with 2 sons.

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a chick who is 19 and has a 37 year old BF, who is estranged from "daddy", is a classic red flag. this girl is FB material not GF. Be her BF at your own peril.

DJArlington

Don Juan
Reaction score
my ex did a sex tape that I found on her computer and refused to delete it. i still stayed with her after that, my own AFC stupidity. we had been dating a while when I found it.

what you are dealing with my friend is simple - every girl has a past, just get over it. if you see some red flags then you know what to do . at our age it's pretty simple - you should know what you want in a woman. stick to your principles but at the same time you cannot lament about someone's past - because you also have your own.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't mind what a girl has done in her past as long as:

1.) She was cool with it and remains cool with it (regret and angst is 100 times worse to deal with than anything else)
2.) She is down to do it again with me if I want to. :D

Truth be told, I like a woman to have a bit of mileage on the tires. Talking girls into trying new things constantly gets old.

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
I did not say that she has DONE anything dumpworthy. Read my post again.
The OP obviously is disturbed by what she has revealed about her sexual past. He is entitled to his feelings and he is entitled to set his own criteria with regard to a potential LTR's moral code.
He needs to live for ,and pursue, his own standards in a woman NOT your's or Karma's .
What she did with her body previously IS now his emotional business because she gave him that information within a discussion which took place between two people who are "exclusive" ..
IF you guys do not care about your woman's sexual past, then that is your perogative. The OP is not happy with what he heard and that is his perogative. Calling him "clingy" is just a cheap swipe and misses the point entirely.
Good post!

betterthandead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're troubled by what she's told you then I'd rather just drop the relationship than go further. She's 23 and you're 31 too, think about it.

thedeparted

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
BINGO !!!
I have said this MANY times.." From my own experience ,women who come from a family with a weak,absent, angry, cheating or drunk/ drugged father are not suitable candidates for an LTR "
These ladies unfortunately have no effective male-female model to work from in their adult relationships. They are sexually impulsive, unfaithful , subject to alcohol or drug abuse and emotionally immature.. THese are the drama queens, the AWs and the BPDs .THey ALWAYS engage in incongruent behavior and are just plain confusing to be with.
YES!!!!

The girl that just did a 180 on me -- loves me one day, dumped me the next -- has an alcoholic father and complains about her family a lot. And she's addicted to caffeine, sugar, and cigarettes. Totally impulsive. And she admitted she did not have very many relationships, though I never dug into details. Putting that together, I'm glad she's gone, and I feel sorry for her, too. B/c she's hot now, but eventually she's gonna be old, ugly, and there won't be anymore new guys to run to.

Metro3pilot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if the answers scare you perhaps you should cease to ask scary questions