John Titor: Fraud or Time Traveler?

AFC-Murdaz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow
Another prediction that came true was China putting a astronaut into space .. :eek:
yeah that too, there was more than just china going into space, i think china getting sars was a prediction too

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So according to John's predictions, there should be a civil war this year and many people will die from a draft ..

DirkPitt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While you sit by and watch your Constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food, buy manufactured products no one needs and turn an uncaring eye away from millions of people suffering and dying all around you.
DANG? when was this written?

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well we've got 1 year that will make this guy BS or real

Just like when they said "catastrophic changes" were going to happen to the earth in 1998-2002 on that.

DirkPitt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone realize this means that he is 6 years old right now if, and this is a big if, he's telling the truth?

AFC-Murdaz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DirkPitt
Anyone realize this means that he is 6 years old right now if, and this is a big if, he's telling the truth?
well put it this way

many of the time travelors we see today are PROBABLY fakes, while john titor is probably the real one

cant think of a good analog :( oh well

but what i do find strange is, the us official, govt, or other nations' gov't, or whatever army (area 51) arent investigating this, thats the only doubt i have

and as for the predictions, im sorry but those are the ones i remember, cant find them now

as for john being 6, yes i realized that, i did the math
now its my job as morpheus :)) ) to find young titor and tell him he made a legend of himself.......

DirkPitt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol the govt probably made a little secret inquiry about it. they can't make it public for 2 reasons.

1.) If he's real, then all havoc would break loose because public will go crazy.

2.) If it looks like the government gives attention to these types of things, then all attention whoring wackjobs will go pull this sort of stunt.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of his predictions are starting to become true. If everyone starts arguing about those politics he was talking about then I will believe him.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow
Most of his predictions are starting to become true. If everyone starts arguing about those politics he was talking about then I will believe him.
Man...This is scary. Anyone else investing in a bomb shelter in the upcoming years?

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
You know, us time travlers don't really like this Titor guy. I mean, he went and messed it up for all of us. It used to be, you could hop in your time machine and go whenever you want; but now the government has stricter controls over it and oh god don't get me started about the tax. I mean, do you know how many forms I have to fill out just to hop back 20 years? It's like an 8 page form! Rediculous.

icallug

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
why doesnt someone go and find the real john titor you is 6 years old. but there is probably a lot more than one john titor

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FRAUD

You know, I haven't seen anyone challenge the whole IBM 5100 thing, and I think that's a key problem in his story.

Mr. Titor's whole purpose for travelling back in time was to fetch an IBM 5100, which could supposedly translate between "APL, Basic, and Unix". Now, it is a fact that the 5100 could run either APL or Basic. Further, its processor could run two rather different instruction sets: it used one to run APL programs, and one to run Basic programs.

However, it could not translate between them. There was a front-panel switch that changed it from being an APL computer to being a Basic computer. It was two completely separate modes. There was no crossover.

Further, the 5100 could not run Unix, either then or now. It didn't have enough processor power nor memory, and it did not support hard disks at all.

Going one more step, Unix is NOT a language like APL or Basic. You can
translate from APL to Basic, but it is ridiculous to talk about translating between Basic and Unix.

And finally, the fact that he mentions APL and Basic at all puts the final nail in the coffin. All of the historical computing web sites on the IBM 5100 mention APL and Basic (and 1975), which would explain where he got the terms, but both languages are virtually irrelevant today, and will only grow more so as time goes on. He is supposed to bring this computer back to 2036 in order to fix up a bunch of legacy code, but the fact is there is absolutely no "legacy code" written in APL, and there is no "legacy code" written in the primitive version of Basic built in to the IBM 5100.

It's all fun to think about, but it's a crock.

jaye

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another prediction that came true was China putting a astronaut into space ..
Are you kidding me? China's space program has been well documented since the early 1990s, and they had already announced most of their space ambitions by the late 1990s, including timetables on when they planned to send people into space.

This is the most retarded thing I've ever read. A civil war in 2005... China and the EU getting destroyed? 3 billion people dead?

Whoever even begins to believe this **** is dumb-tarded.

Jeez.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why doesnt someone go and find the real john titor you is 6 years old. but there is probably a lot more than one john titor
People have tried to find him and his family with no success. Obviously John Titor isn't his real name, and he faked his IP address, making it nearly impossible to find him.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

So according to John's predictions, there should be a civil war this year and many people will die from a draft ..
It goes down in the history books that the cival war starts this year. It won't be obvious until 2008 however. John said we should start seeing "a Waco like event happen every month" sometime this year. Probably closer to election time I'd guess. The election seems like the most obvious trigger for mass activism, and under the Patriot Act demonstractors can be classified as "terrorists."

BTW, anyone else see parallels to WW2? Hitler attacked Poland as a "preemtive strike" before WW2 started, which pissed off other countries that did nothing about it (Iraq). Jews were demonized and catagorized early on (Muslims/Arabs now). Hitler legaly came to the possition of leader but wasn't elected by the people (Gore wins the popular vote). Pearl Harbor gets the US involved in the war (9/11). Call me crazy, but I think history is repeating itself, whether Titor's story is true or not.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftkey
Reply to MVPlaya...

http://www.anomalies.net/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000772

This has been pretty hashed out. You're going to have a hard time proving Titor a fraud when time travel fanatics haven't been able to do so in over 2 years.

Another interesting thread on the subject

http://www.anomalies.net/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000754
This is a pretty empty statement, when you think about it.

The same as you can't prove Titor ISN'T A FRAUD when time travel fanatics haven't been able to do so in over 2 years.

So what's your point here?

Like JT said.. I'm waiting for the civil war to start in late 2004 when Bush gets re-elected. I'm waiting for absolutely NOTHING to happen and we can finally put this JT bullshyt to rest.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct victor von doom. JT hasn't been proven either way. My point was a counter argument to what MVPlaya said, which is why I said "Reply to MVPlaya." I wasn't trying to prove JT's story is real.