Is there a such thing as a female friend?

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is it just me or is it impossible for a guy and girl to be friends. Either the guy wants the girl, the girl wants the guy, or they both want each other and nobodys made a move yet and eventually will. I just never see 2 people of the oppositie sex that fit this category. Usually 1 of the people is lying. Like a guy has had a major cursh on a girl for yrs and denies that he hangs out with a girl for that reason, even tho shes not interested and vice versa.

The only way i can see it being possibleis if 2 ugly people hang out, cuz they r both unattracted to each other.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:rockon: Platoic friends are just chicks you haven´t banged yet :rockon:

[R]eality

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm friends w/ girls I f.ck, what's the big deal?
EDIT: and non-White girls I don't f.ck. We're friends just fine.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[R]eality said:
I'm friends w/ girls I f.ck, what's the big deal?
EDIT: and non-White girls I don't f.ck. We're friends just fine.
i bet the ones u dont f*ck, secretly want u and pretend they dont just to be around u. If its a group thats doesnt count. but if r genuinely friends with them and do stuff alone together theres no such thing.

Think247

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with chrizZ or those you pretends to be friends with because you need the answers to your chemistry hw or she has so much hot friends or she works somewhere where she can give you discounts... you get the idea.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
is it just me or is it impossible for a guy and girl to be friends. Either the guy wants the girl, the girl wants the guy, or they both want each other and nobodys made a move yet and eventually will. I just never see 2 people of the oppositie sex that fit this category. Usually 1 of the people is lying. Like a guy has had a major cursh on a girl for yrs and denies that he hangs out with a girl for that reason, even tho shes not interested and vice versa.

The only way i can see it being possibleis if 2 ugly people hang out, cuz they r both unattracted to each other.
Yes what you say is true. Platonic friendships dont exist, or it cant exist if you see too much of each other. I believe you can go as far as being an acquantance with a girl without having the hots for each other.

Im still friends with the ex...we're very comfortable hanging out alone, we do want to fvck each other bad...in a sense we're BSing/kidding each other. But in order to stay truly platonic, boht sides must possess maturity and full mental/physical control...in other words keep up the charade, see how long it lasts before you give in to instincts.

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a number of female friends. It doesnt mean I want to bang all of them. Having female friends are great for picking up other women. Other women feel safe around you and dont think your a creep. Even David deAngelo highly recomends having female friends. Female friends are great for giving you insight into women psychology and how to interpret a date's ******** and how to deal with her mind games etc. Usual guys who do well with women have good women friends.
I SAY YES TO FEMALE FRIENDS

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freddy1 said:
I have a number of female friends. It doesnt mean I want to bang all of them. Having female friends are great for picking up other women. Other women feel safe around you and dont think your a creep. Even David deAngelo highly recomends having female friends. Female friends are great for giving you insight into women psychology and how to interpret a date's ******** and how to deal with her mind games etc. Usual guys who do well with women have good women friends.
I SAY YES TO FEMALE FRIENDS
You're missing the point. The question wasn't whether you can/should use women as "friends" to get other women. The question was, can you actually be REAL friends with woman like your buddy that you watch footbal with every sunday?

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's possible.

One of my best mates is a chick, and it's completely plutonic. Sure, we've done it times in the past, but, sitting and watching the rugby or just hanging out is something I do with her very often, just like I do with my guy mates.

Although, it is human nature to see a member of the opposite sex in a sexual light. Instincts aren't things that curbed very easily.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KillaCam said:
It's possible.

One of my best mates is a chick, and it's completely plutonic. Sure, we've done it times in the past, but, sitting and watching the rugby or just hanging out is something I do with her very often, just like I do with my guy mates.

Although, it is human nature to see a member of the opposite sex in a sexual light. Instincts aren't things that curbed very easily.
This doesn't count. YOU HAD SEX WITH HER. That is not platonic. Just because you don't have sex with her now, it doesn't mean everything in the past is erased. You two got together with sexual intentions and there is still likely some interest on someone's part...or both.

Have you had sex with any good guy friends in the past? No? Didn't think so.

D_Master

Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experience it can be done, but it will not last in the long run. I've had a number of female friends through work and other friends, even a couple that were like sisters to me I cared about them that much. However, once they get a boyfriend it won't last so I would say they can be "acquantence friends" but don't think you can have a friendship in the long run. Society doesn't allow for it.

Tau

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, if you're not into her

I've had luck when I wasn't into the girl but I knew she would want to hook up with me if I was.

If you want to hook up with her its not going to work of course. Even if I don't like her, but I wonder if I *could* hook up with her it creates the same needy vibe I think.

Reaction score
I dont know, I see this concept abused by too many females to believe there is any grain of credibility, IMHO. Usually the woman plays on a guy's hopes, manipulates a guy into thinking there is potential when she's not interested in anything more than friendship.

If this wasn't abused so many times, then perhaps it may have some credibility.

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
This doesn't count. YOU HAD SEX WITH HER. That is not platonic. Just because you don't have sex with her now, it doesn't mean everything in the past is erased. You two got together with sexual intentions and there is still likely some interest on someone's part...or both.

Have you had sex with any good guy friends in the past? No? Didn't think so.
I can tell you now, the fact I have had sex with her in no way affects our friendship right now. Our sexual intentions in the past were based purely on want and need. Right place, right time, easy as pie. We are very good friends, and neither of us see each other in a different light.

Like I said, curbing human instincts isn't exactly done in the click of a finger, but it can be overrided. While it's natural to see the other gender in a sexual scenario, that doesn't have to be the main factor. Other things can take importance over that, friendship is just one of them.

It depends on the people involved and the situation. Anything and everything is possible.

rrrrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's possible. Not only have i had female friends i wasn't attracted to, I've had female friends i thought were attractive but not my type, if i like voluptuous women but have a petite friend that's pretty it doesn't mean i'm trying to bang her.

However it's alot more fun hanging out with guys, i don't get this sense of plotting, backstabbing, trickery or bad feeling i get when hanging out with women.

LaoDa

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to never have female friends cause i thought they were only good for banging-- well I noticed that the girls I wasnt really into also had a personality and were interesting to hang out with so I made a few and they actually are pretty solid-- one even helped me out witha problem i wouldn thave been able to resolve myself

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is it that big of a deal?

Some girls are just not hot enough to bang but they're still fun to be around so they can be like guy friends or can even work as wings/social proof, (not a lot of proof mind you) but proof nonetheless.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Argh such Bull****!

Maybe i have no reason to be mad. My f'ing friend (ex) is being cold/distant to me cause i treat her as a friend/one of the guys. I know she feels used cause i've been initiating the contact/get togethers. she wants more, gave her teh chance but she's been in denial. But i respect her...not my fault she's not being honest.

History repeats itself with girls you LJBF, if they cant get into your pants then they may as well be distant/play games.

Female friends dont exist, I say they truly do when the guy is the one wanting to get into their pants/being afc.

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really hate to say this, but there are so many narrow minded people out there.

Sex is not life.

Sometimes, it's as if the concept of having a non-sexual relationship with someone is a distant theory.

Sex is good. Sex is great. Actually, sex is fantastic. But a males drive to achieve that "ultimate goal" of getting a lay, is too often getting in the way of living a fvcking life.

The existance of a vagina does not suddenly turn someone into a foreign object, one not capable of holding an intellectual conversation with, or perhaps finding fun outside the use of one's anatomy. A guy and a girl can be friends in the right cirumstances. The d1ck and the pvssy does not dictate life. Not to say a d1ck in a pvssy isn't good of course :up:

It's not the sexual motivation I have a problem with, it's the people who don't know how to control it, to the point where it impacts other facets of life.

I'll put that down as my rant/vent for the day ;)

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TillTheEndOfTime said:
You're missing the point. The question wasn't whether you can/should use women as "friends" to get other women. The question was, can you actually be REAL friends with woman like your buddy that you watch footbal with every sunday?
Yes alot of guys who date alot do have alot women friends regardless.

I dont know about football persay but I do have girls that I can do stuff with and keep in platonic. A number of my friends also have women friends they hang out with. And yes they are real friends.

It seems the ones that dont have women friend tend not to do that well with women in general (not knocking anyone down or anythinglike that.)

(btw you check out Mystery's material. Many pretty women have guy friends surrounding them.)