Is there a such thing as a female friend?

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KillaCam said:
I really hate to say this, but there are so many narrow minded people out there.

Sex is not life.

%The existance of a vagina does not suddenly turn someone into a foreign object, one not capable of holding an intellectual conversation with, or perhaps finding fun outside the use of one's anatomy.
Thank you!

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yep I got female friends who I really love to chill wit and not to bang and they're fine, it's just cuz I know them so well that ****ing them would seem wrong and I love being their friends, first i used to be attracted to them but when I got over them we became real cool, it's funny how most other guys wanna bang them but I don't lol

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna be honest with ya. I hardly if ever hang out with girls I'm not seeing/know they like me. I'll hang out with them at parties, but they'll never take the role of a guy friend.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you and a woman connect intellectually and have stuff in common, then i see no reason not to be friends. The only part that's lacking to become more than friends is the physical attraction aspect.

I say it works if both want the friendship.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the reason some guys don't believe female friends is possible, is because their interested are confined to sex/beer/watching TV sports.

Seriously, think about it. If your life revolves around drinking, sex, and TV, you're not likely to find girls who share these hobbies. I look at my female friends, and they're all from the hobbies/interests I do. Most of them are from my soccer club, others are from my sprint team, a few I met during camping.

We have a lot in common, and we can connect on a no-sex level. I'm going camping and kayaking in a few weeks, and I've grabbed a few girls along. Yeah I used to sleep with one of them, but it doesn't affect our relationship.

As for "deep friendship", I don't believe guys can have those (unless they're emo or gay). If you're a guy, all your friendships are based on utility. You hang out with a certain guy cuz you both like to drink at the XYZ Bar. I hang out with a girl cuz we both like camping. Nobody has a friend they "connect emotionally" with, or have "deep conversations". Hell, my deepest conversation with a girl was whether its worth bringing flavoured drinks on a day hike.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are misinterteting my pt i think. I know its possible to have female friend. I have several close female friends, but im just askin, r they really ur "friends". Cuz my theory is that one always likes the other. Either u like the girl and pretend u dont just so u can be around her, and shes using u for attention but has no interest in dating u. Or u hang out with girl who likes u but u have no interest in.

I just seem to see these 2 situations all the time. The only time i dont is when both r unattracted to each other.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
I have several close female friends, but im just askin, r they really ur "friends".
If you hang out together, if you share common interests, if you're falling off a cliff and grabs your arm; then she (or he) is a friend. In your early 20s, friendships don't get any deeper, unless you've known each other for a decade, or you're one of those deep emotional guys who write poetry.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only guys that think you can't be friends with women are the kind of guys that think women have no value other than sex, food preparation, or typing. Stuck in some 50's era mindset.

And so what if you have a bit of sexual attraction for a friend? Just makes it more interesting.

Reaction score
KillaCam said:
I really hate to say this, but there are so many narrow minded people out there.

Sex is not life.

Sometimes, it's as if the concept of having a non-sexual relationship with someone is a distant theory.

Sex is good. Sex is great. Actually, sex is fantastic. But a males drive to achieve that "ultimate goal" of getting a lay, is too often getting in the way of living a fvcking life.
But you dont 'have' a girl unless you have sex with her, all you have is a 'false sence of security or mirage' that you have a girl if you didn't do it.
Dont you think so?

KillCam said:
The existance of a vagina does not suddenly turn someone into a foreign object, one not capable of holding an intellectual conversation with, or perhaps finding fun outside the use of one's anatomy. A guy and a girl can be friends in the right cirumstances. The d1ck and the pvssy does not dictate life. Not to say a d1ck in a pvssy isn't good of course :up:
But you still dont 'have' her if she's just a friend. You can have a nice conversation with anyone on the street or at a bookstore. To me, this 'friend' idea is an insult - you dont have someone if she's just a friend, you just have an obsession and fantasy. When you actually do it, then you have someone. Don't you think so?

KillCam said:
It's not the sexual motivation I have a problem with, it's the people who don't know how to control it, to the point where it impacts other facets of life.

I'll put that down as my rant/vent for the day ;)
And I'll put my reply to your rant/vent as mine.

You dont get respect from women until you've slept with them.

Reaction score
Ok, it seems I got on this board a bit pissed at something. Let me tell you about a female friend I picked up on the internet and share something here.

I first meet this female friend in March, she claimed she was a virgin then on MSN chat, and I told her I was one too, we hung out and talked for a while.

She had seemed to be a bit disrespectful by using her cell phone while we were walking together, or showing pictures of her hugging her best friend while I was chatting with her on MSN chat (she was chatting with other guys at the same time), and we had email exchanges, but still continued to a future hang-out, that I thought would never happen.

Then, when I finally started getting 'into' her during the third meeting, she hugged me, I asked for a kiss, and she said, eventually - and later emailed saying that it would be sometime soon. We had some interesting types of conversations.

So, I went to Italy - sent her a couple of music clips, she never replied back. When I returned, I saw her website, with song lyrics saying that some guy used her and dumped her and she doesn't want to waste time with men.

Moral of story: - I'm the naive nice guy that though there was a pleutonic relationship with romantic potential, while this girl respected a guy who banged her and gave her virginity to him while leaving me hanging. She's probably preganant now and I'm left with a mess while I am not taken seriously from the beginning.

What I think about female friendships based on this. Unless your a non-virgin and had girlfriends before, I'd say it's a pariah idea that should be avoided. It's an WBAFC, BAFC and AFC idea.

There is nothing that touches a nerve more than what I experience. Save pleutonic friendship until after kissing or fvcking a girl, that's what I learned from this crap.

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. No such thing. I can guarantee that one of the two of you like / have liked the other in a romantic or lustful way at one point in time.

Unless your gay, it's impossible to have a female friend. If guys want a friend they look for another guy who they can do "guy stuff" with. Sports, beer, picking up girls together.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eminence said:
Nope. No such thing. I can guarantee that one of the two of you like / have liked the other in a romantic or lustful way at one point in time.

Unless your gay, it's impossible to have a female friend. If guys want a friend they look for another guy who they can do "guy stuff" with. Sports, beer, picking up girls together.

thank you! finally a man with some sense.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
The only guys that think you can't be friends with women are the kind of guys that think women have no value other than sex, food preparation, or typing. Stuck in some 50's era mindset.

And so what if you have a bit of sexual attraction for a friend? Just makes it more interesting.

your missing the pt of what im saying.

I like having female friends, i have one rihgt now that i think is awesome we hang out alone soemtimes, laugh alot. But i know for a fact she has a thing for me. she practically asked me out 3 times. Same with 2 other female friends ive had in the last 2 years. If it wasnt for the fatc that they wanted me thety would most liely not be chilling wit me. thats my pt.

Yes there "friends" but what im saying is either the girl wants the guy, or the guy wants the girl period. Everyone lies! even mother theresa probbbaly.

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
Yes there "friends" but what im saying is either the girl wants the guy, or the guy wants the girl period. Everyone lies! even mother theresa probbbaly.
Thats just a sweeping generalization.

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
I think you hit the ball on that one.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
This is it.

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
your missing the pt of what im saying.

I like having female friends, i have one rihgt now that i think is awesome we hang out alone soemtimes, laugh alot. But i know for a fact she has a thing for me. she practically asked me out 3 times. Same with 2 other female friends ive had in the last 2 years. If it wasnt for the fatc that they wanted me thety would most liely not be chilling wit me. thats my pt.
So you had/have a few females who had other moltives.
It still doesnt mean there aint people out there who are just friends.
I know a few attractive married women but it doesnt mean I necessarily want to have a relationship with them.

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freddy1 said:
So you had/have a few females who had other moltives.
It still doesnt mean there aint people out there who are just friends.
I know a few attractive married women but it doesnt mean I necessarily want to have a relationship with them.

u said u know them, do u actually go out with them alone, or talk on the phone and sh*t.

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJinTraining06 said:
u said u know them, do u actually go out with them alone, or talk on the phone and sh*t.
I do both actually.