is physical size an issue?

MotoXXX

Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been a question I have had running through my head for awhile now. Is physical/appearance size an issue when attempting to pick up chicks? I ask this because I am a muscular person, I am 5'9" and I weigh 230lbs. I have 8% body fat. My bicep region is 18.5" in circumference. Now what I am asking is I see my buddies who are of average build getting chicks coming up to them all the time but I rarely do, what gives. When I do approach though it is probably 90% successful. And probably 25% that I end up in bed with wont sleep with me because they say they really like me and dont want to be a booty call of mine? AWWW so I never call them back again.

VegasGuy56

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just start exercising. Jogging and a healthy diet (Note that a healthy diet doesn't mean you should start eating miniscule amounts of food).

Lost1

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol did u read what he said, he's saying he's too beefy. And the less beefier doods are gettin his ladies.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's pretty big. I'm 19, about 5'8, and around 165. Trying to get up to about 180, max. Part of this is because I think this is the most physically appealing. But also, I practice BJJ and muay thai, and don't want to be too mostrous.

No girl of mine has ever indicated she wanted me to be bulkier. Being over 200 at my height would seem to look a little akward.

MOST women seem to like the muscular, but athletic appearance, not the giant lee priest look.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VegasGuy56 said:
Just start exercising. Jogging and a healthy diet (Note that a healthy diet doesn't mean you should start eating miniscule amounts of food).

He says he is at 8% bodyfat. I'm guessing his diet is doing pretty good.

5'9", 230 @ 8%. Thats crazy man. Some chicks may dig that, some chicks may not. If they pull the "one night stand" line, just be like "I'm not into the whole hit it quit it and dip deal babe, if you're good enough you'll be around for a while ;)"

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VegasGuy56 said:

Ya, did you even read his thread?

MotoXXX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont look like Lee Priest or any of those juiced up body builders. But I am a bulky fella. And yes my diet and gym routine is very strict, because I used to be a fat kid through school. After I graduated I was sick of being fat and watching all my buddies get hot chicks while I was left with the scraps. Joined the gym, started eating healthy, taking vitamins and supplements and the transformation began. I made a vow after I started gettin the hot chicks I wanted to do all the chicks that shot me down in H.S. and I am gettin pretty close. hahaha. What I have I have earned though and continue to earn, weights 4 days a week and cardio at least 5-7 days. But it is definetly worth it, believe me from a transformed fat kid.

gimmeyofonenumba

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well Moto, I think its well known that the girls that like the Brad Pitt kinda body outweigh the type that like your kinda body. Anyways, good job on the w/o man. Can you post your w/o routine and diet? peace.

MotoXXX

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, I agree the Brad Pitt idealism is really F*cking me, but I gotta work with what god gave me. Ya Know. My workout routine is pretty easy, it has worked great for me, but everybodies genetics are different. I will start with my weights routine first. Monday needs to be your muscle group you want to build the biggest the fastest, and the reason is this.....what do you do on weekends? drink and eat right? right. Your body just loaded up on calories, carbs(beer is loaded in carbs), carbs turn into energy that feed your muscles, also a 2-3 day rest with no stress on your muscles lets them really repair. Okay break your body into 4 muscle groups. I use chest/shoulders on monday, tuesday is Back/Trapezius (upper, middle, and lower) this includes the Latissimus Dorsi, Wednesday is Legs (quads, hams, calves and shins), Thursday is for arms (bicep, 3 heads of Tricep, and forearms. Then some Fridays I will go to the gym and pump up my beach muscles before I go out. I do my weights in the evening so I can take my protein 2 hours before bed so my muscles relax and heal through the night. In the morning before work I will go to the gym on an empty stomach and do at least 30 min. of a cardio exercise (elliptical machine, stationary bike, treadmill or stair stepper). and my diet consists of mainly Tuna (the albacore kind, I just think it tastes better), but i eat pretty much whatever I want except fast food, deep fried food, or like that. Common sense tells you what you should or shouldnt be eating if you want to eat healthy, you know. I try to stay under 2,000 calories a day and at least 50g protein on my weights days and 10-15g on non weight days. Thats it really. I can get more in depth in the forum for fitness if anyone wants.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some women like beef...some prefer chicken. It clould be a little intimidating to be with a very powerful guy, you might be scaring them. You didn't mention what your approach is, or where you're trying to pick women up so perhaps it's that that sends them running for your slimmer friends?

Another thing is all the bad press about steroid use and it's side effects. (I'm not accusing you of using, but they make it sound like every body builder is.) If girls think you have rage issues or a tiny penis they probably won't want to be with you either.

On a personal note...if a girl says "Oooo! You work out a lot!" This is NOT, repeat NOT an invitation to tell her your entire diet/workout program! It's boring and we don't want to hear it. Just smile warmly and say "Yeah, I hit the gym when I have time." and then use that as a possible way to invite her to your gym for a work out. You can show off your muscles to her!

MotoXXX

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is really no one place I am trying to pick up women, I just got out of a LTR, though. So recently I have only been puttin in work at the bars. Not because I am feeling sorry for myself, because my ex hated me going out.

I have never and will never use steroids. As far as rage I have a short temper with mouthy bastards, but I have never laid a finger on a girl. But I have never had negative feedback from a chick about being a ****.

If a girl says something about my size or if I go to the gym I dodge the question, and then try to say something funny. example is Your a big guy, my response is yeah its natural, in a napolean dynamite type response, then I am done talking about it, turning the convo direction to gettin in her pants.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WaterTiger said:
Some women like beef...some prefer chicken. It clould be a little intimidating to be with a very powerful guy, you might be scaring them. You didn't mention what your approach is, or where you're trying to pick women up so perhaps it's that that sends them running for your slimmer friends?

Another thing is all the bad press about steroid use and it's side effects. (I'm not accusing you of using, but they make it sound like every body builder is.) If girls think you have rage issues or a tiny penis they probably won't want to be with you either.

On a personal note...if a girl says "Oooo! You work out a lot!" This is NOT, repeat NOT an invitation to tell her your entire diet/workout program! It's boring and we don't want to hear it. Just smile warmly and say "Yeah, I hit the gym when I have time." and then use that as a possible way to invite her to your gym for a work out. You can show off your muscles to her!
Heard guys do this before. It's really very ridiculous.

For this man, let your utter confidence shine. Sure, you may not be a women's IDEAL body type, but neither am I, standing at a mere 5'8 and having a fairly small body type (only around 165).

You're strong and bulky. Use that. Make them feel protected, but not intimidated.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MotoXXX said:
If a girl says something about my size or if I go to the gym I dodge the question, and then try to say something funny. example is Your a big guy, my response is yeah its natural, in a napolean dynamite type response, then I am done talking about it, turning the convo direction to gettin in her pants.

If she makes a comment, just look at her and tell her you like lifting hard.

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MotoXXX said:
I dont look like Lee Priest or any of those juiced up body builders. But I am a bulky fella. And yes my diet and gym routine is very strict, because I used to be a fat kid through school. After I graduated I was sick of being fat and watching all my buddies get hot chicks while I was left with the scraps. Joined the gym, started eating healthy, taking vitamins and supplements and the transformation began. I made a vow after I started gettin the hot chicks I wanted to do all the chicks that shot me down in H.S. and I am gettin pretty close. hahaha. What I have I have earned though and continue to earn, weights 4 days a week and cardio at least 5-7 days. But it is definetly worth it, believe me from a transformed fat kid.

I'm sensing from this post that you have a little bit of a chip on your shoulder towards women. You may not even realize it but you are probably coming across kind of arrogant or trying to show the chicks that you are better than they are. That combined with your size is a bad combo. I'm saying this to you cause I'm living it. Only difference is that I started as an extremely skinny kid.

It's hard when you feel like you've been wronged by women your whole life to one day be able to love them openly. You always feel like they treated you like **** so why should you be nice them now. Now YOU are the man and you are gonna let them all know it. Think hard and you'll probably see that I'm right.

If not, I've also noticed that all the super huge guys in the gym never have hot girls. I just don't think most girls really like THAT much muscle. I think Vin Diesel is the max size that girls still find attractive. Like the guys said above, Brad Pitt in the movie Troy and Mark Wahlberg in his prime is what girls want (assuming an appropriate personality goes along with that body).

MotoXXX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right now I have a chip on my shoulder about girls, agreed. But it is because me and my fiancce just split. And 2 days later she still hasnt givin me the god d*mn $6,000 engagement ring back, and today mothers day she has some puke of a guy around her son that I treated like my own. And I saw this little puke at the bar the night before and he smiled at me like hahaha, I didnt put 2 and 2 together then, do now. So your right there is a chip on my shoulder.

Like I said earlier I can only work with what I was givin'. I am not trying to get bigger anymore, more of just a cutting phase and maintain.

I dont feel like I have been wronged by women, I am at the point in my life that I am done with LTR's. I have come to the conclusion that god wants me to be with alot of women, not just one.

fitos

Don Juan
Reaction score
You said they like you, and that they wont sleep with you because of that.
Maybe.. you're a great catch as a PROVIDER!

I have a friend of mine with the same issues. You must believe it's natural to go to bed at a certain time.

Search on ASF or whatever about how not to become a provider, but your problem should have to do with you beeing extra nice and showing that you are a great guy as bf material instead of just an atractive one.

Also read gunwitch method.
Good luck.

MsDonJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
MotoXXX said:
This has been a question I have had running through my head for awhile now. Is physical/appearance size an issue when attempting to pick up chicks?
Of course.

I ask this because I am a muscular person, I am 5'9" and I weigh 230lbs. I have 8% body fat. My bicep region is 18.5" in circumference. Now what I am asking is I see my buddies who are of average build getting chicks coming up to them all the time but I rarely do, what gives.
No offense but you sound kind of short and stocky. Nothing wrong with 230 lbs of muscle, some girls like that I guess, but don't over do it 'cause you'll just look scary.

far from average

Don Juan
Reaction score
MotoXXX said:
I dont look like Lee Priest or any of those juiced up body builders. But I am a bulky fella.
Bullsh*t. 5'8'' tall and 240 with 8% bodyfat are the stats of a professional bodybuilder, though they go lower than that on bf% to compete. Either you're off on your stats or you do indeed look like one of them. Post your picture.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are intimidated by you. You are a very attractive man. Very manly. And you said about being 90% succesful. Great, approach then. Keep it up.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:crackup: No.. he is not attractive... they are not scared if they openly ask/insult you.

Just do cardio, stop lifting weights.
You are too big, wide, and heavy for your height.

Do cardio.

Being all bulked up like that does not look that much diffrent than being bulked up with fat in a women's eyes.