How my looks got me dumped!

King Frodo

Banned
Reaction score
So i have been with my girlfriend for 9 months now, and her and I were doing great. We were like two peas in a pod, I mean our hearts really did beat as one. (and even as i'm writing this i'm getting all bent out of shape and tearing up). Anyways, i really liked her, I mean, I loved her. And she would tell me the same thing.
Now some background on her, she is a 8 out of 10 and 23 years old. I've been told im a good looking guy, im tall, have decent abs, go to the gym.
So the day before thanksgiving she calls me up and tells me how she would like to breakup. Of course im like "why" and she tells me there is "someone else." - yeah that old line.
So i get it out of her that she just wants to date this guy because he is "hot," as she put it and not because he has a cooler personality than me. She is just in it for the looks i guess. I suppose there is nothing i can do either, seeing as though i can't change the way i look.
Any thoughts on how to win her back?

flu

Don Juan
Reaction score
She is shallow and superficial. You're better off without her.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
King Frodo said:
Any thoughts on how to win her back?
Ummm, she wasn't committed to you and you want her back because???? :confused:

Macca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry, he'll ditch her then she'll come crawling back to you! Guys that get girls cos they're "hot" will do to her what she's done to you!

My advice to you is to get your a$$ out on the scene and meet someone else asap! Your ex will be in pieces once she realises how much she's burnt her bridges with you...the great part is that you won't want to know cos your hooked up with someone else!!! Works both ways!!! Trust me...

LegendBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What a bitcyth.. Fvck her. If I was you move on... I know now you were with her so long you kind of loss your identity of 'you'. Instead you became 'you and her' really start getting your **** together..

Categorise aspects of life eg Spiritual, Academic/Working and right down where you are and where you want to be and how that can be achieved... Get yourself on course and the wind will be behind you..

In the mean time as hard as it is to not think about her and what she is doing with the guy and if she kisses him and all that.. Just give yourself some intensifying goals that you can work towards RIGHT NOW. There is no time to think man you got to get moving in the right direction.

King Frodo

Banned
Reaction score
but the thing is it bothers me that she left me cuz of my looks. I mean, i though looks weren't important.

LegendBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol..I think your a trolll.. Looks are important, as is personality as is wealth. Read what I wrote and get yourself together.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LegendBoy said:
now you were with her so long you kind of loss your identity of 'you'. Instead you became 'you and her'

WOW! Very articulate. I think all of us in LTRs need to think about that, even if things are going great.

Great post LegendBoy

King Frodo

Banned
Reaction score
i present myself just fine. i have a good style, she just bolted cuz she wants this guy i guess. but i cant stop thinking about what she is doing with this guy, and how his looks stole her.

Nasman

Banned
Reaction score
Dude your better off without her. Even if you can get her back it will never work it out. She will come back to you and do the same thing over again. if she really cared about you she would respect you and not do such a thing. Go bang some other girls. fcvck her.

King Frodo

Banned
Reaction score
i dont wanna bang any other girls, maybe i have oneitis or whatever, but damn, she was the one. now she is living it up with that meat head. the worst part about this is our mutual friend told me that she has already slept with this dude and he "rocked her world"

-=Ice-T=-

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing for you to do would be to find a new woman. The more you think about her the more miserable you will feel.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
King Frodo said:
but the thing is it bothers me that she left me cuz of my looks. I mean, i though looks weren't important.

First of all you sound like a big wussy!! Stop whining, its not attractive and girls are never attracted to girly men. Secondly, your gf didn't leave you because of your looks. Guys who are AFC's in a LTR competely lose sight of themselves and their needs. Instead they always think about their gf, which slowly but surely starts the inevitable death of the relationship.(your not alone, we've all been there) I'm willing to bet that you became too attached, too needy and too dependent on your gf for your happiness. While she might have liked it for a bit, it gets old real quick.

Your gf started looking for better prospects long before she gave you the bad news. Girls like to monkey branch, meaning they won't leave one branch (guy) until they are absolutely certain that they have the other branch (guy) secured. Your gf might have been cheating on you or at least hanging out with this guy she is into now. Don't think it happened overnight. OR she could be using this new guy as the cover reason for her wanting to break-up.

In any case, none of that should be your cocern anymore. Instead of whining and wishing that you had her back, you should take an objective look at yourself and figure out what you did wrong in this relationship. That way you won't repeat the same mistake for the next one.

Lastly, stop idealizing this girl like she's the best ever. She clearly didn't care half as much for you as you did for her towards the end of the relationship. There are tons of girls out there, the trick is to find a good one. Your young, you should be out boning and hooking up. Save the relationship phase for your wiser years when you want to settle down.

PIMP

King Frodo

Banned
Reaction score
all you guys who are replying with "go out and bone other chicks" or "stop being a whussy" are stupid. you've been coming to this site for god knows how long and that's the best you can come up with. you like to act all tough on a CYBER FORUM and pretend like you get chicks when all you really are doing is arguing with all the other frustred idiots.
if you dont have any advice for me about my gf getting pounded by some dude then dont post. if you do, help me...cuz i want her back. i miss her kiss.

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read Jariel's post on Rejection if you want to get her back. You'll find there are many similarities between it and the advice given in this thread.

Macca

Don Juan
Reaction score
No mate it is you that is being stupid! I suggest you go and jack off or something then come back tomorrow and review the comments. Only then in the broad light of day will you realise just how wise the above posts are!

Calling people stupid ain't gonna help your plight!

Get over it...move on! That's life, so DEAL with it!

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow this b1tch is shallow...

wake up frodo...she told u straight up before thanksgiving that shes breaking up with you for a guy thats "hot"...basicly its like a girl saying i love you for the $$$...and your actually up for winning this type of girl back ??

Say ppl on here helped you win her back...and a month from now before christmas she calls u and says...hey frodo, ive made up my mind, im going for this sexy tall guy..blaa blaa blaa.

The point is shallow girls will never be satisfied because there is always someone with more dough or better looks.

Whats confusing though, you said that you two were like two peas in a pod, your hearts pumped as one..yadda yadda yadda, what went on that she called to break up with you. If the way you describe your relationship is true it is very unrational for her to call u up and say its over cuz ive found a hot guy.

WHat did u or her do that caused a turn in your relationship??

King Frodo

Banned
Reaction score
i dont know what caused the turn in the relationship. just two weeks ago we were livin it up in san fran and she seemed happy and ****. but now, boom. she ditched me for a "hot guy."
since i've been dwelling on this **** i found him on myspace and his profile talks about how he has "something big waiting for the ladies." so now i know my ex girlfriend banged this dude and he is hung...great