Guys, Don't Waste Your Time & Money at Bars & Clubs - Here's Why

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
old married dude said:
Just learn how to DJ, as in playing music, get a gig at a club(s) and they'll come to you!
I stopped going to clubs when realizing the guys having the most success there (DJ, Bouncers, Promoters, Celebrities, Owner) were also the ones getting PAID to be there.

Remember.....players get played pimps get paid.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
If your game is high then you should invest in some dance lessons. You want the hottest women to notice you? Walk in at 9:30, make a b-line to the empty dance floor and bust a move for an hour. I've been break dancing for about 14 years and it has helped me meet thousands of people all around the world.

Its not hard to pick up a few basic things like popping and locking and you'll be the most popular person in the nightclub. I give lessons to guys in packed nightclubs, you should see the attention we get. If they have their game turned to full, you have near instant success. Can be applied in any club, anywhere in the world.

Its no different than being the extremely ripped guy w/ game at a nerd convention. You crush the opposition (10d6 lighting bolt, no saving throws!). I've NEVER spent money in a club and I go every Saturday on the VIP and get women approaching me non-stop through the night... I always bring a couple wings because I have a girl that I'm happy with.

Learn to dance, you don't have to be a pro.. a couple lessons for a hundred bucks will make clubs into gyms and you'll be the only body builder in a room full of fatties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU-tpNPoNmg

GAME is 90% body language, learn to use it and you'll be invincible. ;)

Sh0t

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo. Lil end of summer update.

Right now I'm actually packing up my truck and boat ready for another trip to Havasu for Labor Day weekend.

Figured I'd share some more observations about the club scene:

Foreign male influence is a big part of the problem. I have to travel a bit for work, and I travel a lot for play, and one thing I noticed is there are tons of British guys, Brazillian guys, and italian guys flooding to US tourist traps, but they are only males. I heard an anecdote from a navy friend talking about plane fulls of Brazillian men landing near his station, but never any of the women. The guys come, without equal female numbers, and just totally bulk up the male ratios in popular US spring/summer destinations.

Since he told me that, I've kept my eyes open, and that's a BIG part of why spring break destinations have been so bad recently.

As for clubbing in general. Clubs are for dates now, groups. They are NOT meat markets anymore. The meat markets are the social spots, the bars, the lil events. You won't meet your girls in clubs anymore, but you can use clubs as good day two/seduction scenario spots, if you know how to work that lifestyle.

I'm in San Diego, former military, etc. Lot of my friends live up in the Inland Empire, north of Base, renting houses. It has been a GOLD mine for me this year. SoCal is not out of the running yet, but the Coastal areas have been abused. I just spent a week in OC for work, some good, whole lot of bad. I can give better detail if requested, after I get back from my trip.

Vegas was still Vegas, but the foreign male influence was HUGE. I went to Vegas in May and July, and all over the place you saw the Euro dudes, whole teams worth, and not a single girl in sight. I talked to a bunch of them, trying to find out what's good, and they all said they came in groups of 5-10 guys, not a single girl, as "we came to find some American lasses mate".

They also get very drunk and can quickly ruin a party.

Dance game is QUASI-irrelevant because of what I listed earlier. dance game is a comfort and seduction tactic now, not really attraction. It will be hard to dance with NEW girls in many popular spots. They will all be in their groups with their dates/table mates. How you use dancing THESE days is to get a good club outing planned, and use your dance skills to build comfort with and seduce a girl you invited out.

A blueprint for me and some of my boys has been:
meet girls randomly wherever, invite them over to wherever to pre-game, go clubbing(dance, comfort, invite the seduction), bring them back for the afterparty, drink more, smoke weed, throw them into the pool, etc.

It's been pretty golden.

I still lone wolf in clubs and bars and it's still the same ole same ole, but the game has changed.

I'm not looking forward to this havasu trip at all, it is going to be 118 degrees and a major sausage fest. My boys just got back from Astan , so I'm going for their sake.

dudewut

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true. But do you guys think beta males who orbit these girls like the sun is the one to blame? If they would all just stop messaging them on fb like "damn baby u so fiiine!!!" then what would the outcome be?

Eugene__

Reaction score
While there's been a lot of discussion about how the nightlife has died (and I agree), no one has yet explained how women currently meet guys. They do not meet guys on Facebook. Facebook is for harmless flirting within cliques, but there's no true sexual aspect to it. Even if there were, the last thing people would do is publicize their sex lives on FB. From my perspective FB is smoke-and-mirrors and doesn't really reflect how women really meet guys.

I look at it from another angle, namely demographics. The number of young girls in the population varies from time period to time period, and right now we're in a period where there just aren't a lot of young single women in the US. Look at the population growth aspect. If you were born in 1980, that was a time point when US births started to increase every year afterwards till 1990. There were more young girls that came after you than there were guys in your generation. By the time you turned 25 (let's say 2005), the number of younger women exceeded the number of older men, and since that's the typical dating pattern (older guys date younger girls), you would've had a lot of choices in 2005. That's exactly what happened.

Now let's look at the current period, today's young girls 18-21 were born in 1990-1993. That was a time of decreasing births, because US births peaked in '91 and started decreasing afterwards (I'm looking at this graph: http://i39.tinypic.com/126eeu1.jpg) The number of younger girls is now less than the number of older guys who are looking for them. Negative population growth really hurts men while positive growth helps (e.g. after the Baby Boom in 1940-1960 there were so many young women that men had a very easy time dating and mating).

I explore this subject further in a new blog that I've just started,
http://ratiofactor.blogspot.com/

Feel free to check it out if interested, I'll be posting some further comments and analysis on this topic. I was looking for resources on this subject, but they're very hard to find for some reason. (Nothing against "Mala Fide" or other bloggers, but I don't find their expletive-laden diatribes scientifically satisfying.)

If anyone has further thoughts, please share.

Eugene__

Reaction score
While there's been a lot of discussion about the fact that nightlife has died (and I agree), no one has yet explained how women currently meet guys. Women don't really meet guys on Facebook. Facebook is for harmless flirting among cliques, but there's no truly sexual aspect to it, and even if there were, the last thing people would do is publicize their sex lives on it. FB is more of a smoke-and-mirrors kind of thing, which obscures what really goes on behind the scenes, so I wouldn't really blame it too much.

I look at it from another angle, namely demographics. The number of young girls fluctuates from time period to time period, and right now we're in a period where there just aren't enough young single women. Look at the population growth aspect. If you were born in 1980, you were born at a time point when US births had started to increase every year afterwards till 1990, i.e. there were more girls that came after you than there were boys in your generation. By the time you turned 25 (let's say in 2005), the number of younger women exceeded the number of older men, and since that's the usual dating pattern (older guys date slightly younger girls), you would've had a lot of choices in 2005, which is exactly what happened.

Now let's look at the current time period, today's girls who are 18-21 right now were born around 1990-1993. This was a time of decreasing births in the US, because after a peak in 1991, they began to go down each year (I'm looking at this graph: http://i39.tinypic.com/126eeu1.jpg). Thus, there are currently fewer younger women than there are older men who are looking for them. Negative population growth hurts men while positive growth helps a lot.

I explore this subject further in my blog,
http://ratiofactor.blogspot.com/

Feel free to check it out if interested, I'll be posting some further comments and analysis. I was looking for any resources on this topic, but they're really hard to come by, for some reason. (Nothing against "Mala Fide" or other bloggers, I just don't find their expletive-laden diatribes scientifically satisfying.)

If you have any thoughts/comments, please share.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eugene__ said:
While there's been a lot of discussion about the fact that nightlife has died (and I agree), no one has yet explained how women currently meet guys. Women don't really meet guys on Facebook. Facebook is for harmless flirting among cliques, but there's no truly sexual aspect to it
Meh, does still happen sometimes.

I fvcked two new women last week - one from a random club pick up, one from her (the other) randomly adding me on facebook and me escalating from there:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=191416

You can cry about night game being dead all you like, but where I am (when back in the city), there are thousands of hotties out.

Sure beats day game (although of course, opportunities may arise) and online (majority are fat or only seeking attention).

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PokerStar said:
the one thing I notice is that everyone takes pics with their phone or digicams, yelling out facebook profile pic!
lol I can verify this.

af·flu·ent

Reaction score
This is why women say men are stupid.

spinaroonie said:
Excellent point. The late 90s/early 2000s was a golden era in which when a lot of PUA material and the DJ Bible flowered. But the dynamics in bars and clubs back then were a lot different. Think of clubbing 10 years ago, circa 2000. No cell phones. No texting. No digital cameras. No Facebook. No MySpace. No online dating sites.

I imagine women back then were A LOT more receptive to cold approaches at bars and clubs, for all the reasons cited in the OP.

The GAME has CHANGED fellas, and game material hasn't evolved to catch up with the profound changes in communications technologies as it has affected social dynamics in recent years.

Would Mystery in his early days come up with the Mystery Method if he had to contend with ADD attention-*****s too preoccupied with texting their friends and taking pictures of themselves with digital cameras to put up on Facebook and calling all guys "creepers" instead of, like, having a real conversation? He likely would not have had the patience, grown frustrated, given up, and quit. There would be no PUA.

Precicely, now-a-days women (beutiful women) would rather read your profile first and then decide if they want to date you. They want to know that all too frequently asked question that they try to bury in their line of questioning as to be not too obvious. "So, What do you do?" or "What do you do for a living?"

That's why men like girls instead of women. After 25, all they want a man for is "support." If you have a constant supply of good money, keep going after the 18-25 year old girls. It's cheaper in the long run, and way less annoying. Besides, after 25 they start showing their age and are desperatly running out of time (and they know it).

Try starting a collage party (make some small flyers), only invite girls to this party. Start your own social event. You'll have a good time. I know, I have a yaght party every week. It doesn't take them long to find out who owns the yaght.:cheer: :rockon: :cheer:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The good thing about clubs is that they are a perfect place to practice pick-up, when you know that girls are no there to be get you can rely yourself and being outcome independant.
Despite clubs being a sousage fest there is still an agreeable number of girls in an environment where is no "creepy" to approach.

You can start the interaction and try to isolate and escalate and see what work (while playing on hard mode) so when you will be near accessible girls you know what to do and what to avoid.

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Disproved all this last night. Two girls, two numbers, both hit me up. Will soon fvck both of em. Good luck with that glass

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Young Juan said:
Disproved all this last night. Two girls, two numbers, both hit me up. Will soon fvck both of em. Good luck with that glass
The thread is about a general shift & trend. Nobody is saying it can't be done at all. Just that it is usually a waste of time, money and effort. And of course geographical area plays a role.

My experience is similar to everyone else's. Clubs/bars these days are a bunch of friends going out, staying together and leaving together while pretending that nobody else exists. I once was at a vodka bar where HALF of the whole fuvken bar was a birthday party. Lame as hell. I left after 10 minutes. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
When a woman encounters a man she is attracted to she shows signs of interest, regardless of the venue, style, trend or her relationship status.

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but I still disagree with the waste. As far as a solo guy getting it in with a group of friends? Not super likely. Now on the other hand, if you're with a few friends or a group, it's much easier to mix with another group since the singles from each group will intermingle.

I somewhat agree with the staying and leaving together part. Most chicks I meet leave with their friends but that doesn't mean that you can't go with her and her friends or her and her friends wont come back wit you and yours. The dynamics have changed but I disagree with it being a total waste of time.

The age old adage still stands true that girls just wanna have fun. I always try to just make my expereince to have as much fun as possible. I may drink 2 or 3 drinks, but I drink mostly water the rest of the night. I don't buy girls drinks unless they've been hangin out with me for a good while and I'm getting a round anyways. Half the time I don't even ask for their numbers, they ask for mine or suggest we exchange. Yeah, I live in a Phoenix, AZ, but my game was the same when I went to Anchorage, AK and it worked just as well.

spang

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes yes this my problem. i gave up on bars and clubs, it was a waste of time and money. i have no wingmen because all my friends are married and dont go out much. i have no one, so i have to go out and prowl on my own. its hard by yourself. i cant just jump into the middle of someones clique and hit on a girl in front of everybody. i mean nobody wants to do that.
ive noticed that attractive women are rarely alone. they always have their bf or the pvssy beggars that follow them around. the only times they are alone is when they are busy doing something like at the gym, reading, texting, or working.
now i just go to walmart or the supermarket hoping i can catch one shopping alone.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
LiveFreeX said:
If your game is high then you should invest in some dance lessons. You want the hottest women to notice you? Walk in at 9:30, make a b-line to the empty dance floor and bust a move for an hour. I've been break dancing for about 14 years and it has helped me meet thousands of people all around the world.

Its not hard to pick up a few basic things like popping and locking and you'll be the most popular person in the nightclub. I give lessons to guys in packed nightclubs, you should see the attention we get. If they have their game turned to full, you have near instant success. Can be applied in any club, anywhere in the world.

Its no different than being the extremely ripped guy w/ game at a nerd convention. You crush the opposition (10d6 lighting bolt, no saving throws!). I've NEVER spent money in a club and I go every Saturday on the VIP and get women approaching me non-stop through the night... I always bring a couple wings because I have a girl that I'm happy with.

Learn to dance, you don't have to be a pro.. a couple lessons for a hundred bucks will make clubs into gyms and you'll be the only body builder in a room full of fatties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU-tpNPoNmg

GAME is 90% body language, learn to use it and you'll be invincible. ;)
Whats your b- boy name? I used to break when i was younger. Im big into watching the red bull competitions. Junior from france is nasty and easy roc from rsc. Too many to mention. Im proud as hell how far its come. Been into graff though havent wrote bombed or pieced in years. T kid and many others from around the world are insane. Dj'd for 22the years huge into turntablism and real dj mixing skills. **** you got me going..lol

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
haha naughty ninja this is a whole new side of you i hadnt seen before.. didn't know you were this cool lol
**** im from nyc. I was single and barely dated for years. Teens were breakin, then djing and bombing for years and years. I was a friggin beast on turntables. Literally a hermit practicing mixes and dj routines for years. Djd in several states and jamaica. I still follow it but that sh!t consumed my life for years. Had to drop it all completely. Mofos have no idea the sh!t i know about djing and bombing especially. Damn i had the best years growing up even without chicks and id do it over again. Though after a certain point it got too much. Hell i could go on for days about dmc competitions writing breaking.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sstype said:
I stopped going to clubs when realizing the guys having the most success there (DJ, Bouncers, Promoters, Celebrities, Owner) were also the ones getting PAID to be there.

Remember.....players get played pimps get paid.
Yup, I remember getting loads of numbers, while watching desperate guys get gunned down left, right, and centre!
The guys who left with girls, more ofter then not, came in with them.

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
Bars and clubs were once venues in which women came to  actively seek and meet men. It was once socially acceptable and expected for men to approach women in this setting.

Lately, I've noticed the dynamic in bars and nightclubs shifting. Rather than the singles/meat markets of yore, bars and clubs are now becoming venues for groups of friends to celebrate some sort of group event - birthday parties, stagettes, "girls night out" etc. Blame cell phones, texting, Facebook, and social networking sites that make groups of friends connected to each other, yet form cliques and isolate themselves from the mainstream.

Additionally, the growing popularity of online dating means women no longer need to actively seek men - women can field multiple date requests from the comfort of their own homes. I believe this is why bars and clubs are increasingly becoming sausagefests - single women aren't going out as much today. They don't need to. They're staying home.

And therein lies the paradox of the broken bar/club scene today. Guys flood clubs in the vain hopes of attracting pvssy. Girls go to clubs to attention-***** and put up pictures on Facebook the next morning, and c*ckblock each other from hooking up. So the guys go home alone on yet another night. Sexually frustrated, they start fights with other guys.

And yet I live by a campus with a 2-to-1 girl-guy ratio. This is definitely not reflected in the sausagefest bars and clubs I frequent, where the ratio is flipped. So where are all the single girls? At home on a Friday night, watching Twilight for the 12th time. Not at the bars and clubs.

And here's the irony - I can't help think that there are still a lot of single, lonely girls out there. With women increasingly shunning bars and clubs, and online dating still carrying the stigma of a reserve for "desperate creepy guys", where is a girl to meet a quality man?

And where is a man to meet a quality girl?
Perhaps it's just me...but I completely disagree with your post/thoughts. I have been having nothing other than HUGE success at clubs. I don't just do the club scene to find women, but it has not let me down whatsoever.

As for where to meet a quality girl? You CAN meet them at a club, but it's a little less likely. I've always found GF material women are easiest to connect with through your social network. Friends, family, groups and organizations you may belong to are all great ways to meet quality women.