Girls in Washington DC and NYC?

learningtopimp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all your input guys. It's expensive to live there, although since I grew up in Redondo Beach and live in Westwood (I go to UCLA) it's not a shocker. But talking to other people who had summer internships there and all it doesn't seem like the place for me. At least DC. Maybe still NYC though.

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
didnt know so many people lived in the DC area. Should go clubbin sometime.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, I see whats wrong with this place...People arnt really laid back..I went to the Olive Garden today with my mom, and there were all these people who obviously we not working...They were all dressed up and talking about buisness like they were in a board meeting or something...My mom told me thats how most of the people here are though...But the problem is that when you start working in those kind of environments, that sh1t rubs off on you, cause I had to get it out of my system...Maaaaaannnnn, I wish I could go to Cali right now...:mad:

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheInfamousCBear
Damn, I see whats wrong with this place...People arnt really laid back..I went to the Olive Garden today with my mom, and there were all these people who obviously we not working...They were all dressed up and talking about buisness like they were in a board meeting or something...My mom told me thats how most of the people here are though...But the problem is that when you start working in those kind of environments, that sh1t rubs off on you, cause I had to get it out of my system...Maaaaaannnnn, I wish I could go to Cali right now...:mad:
YES, YES, YES!!! You hit the nail on the head. People here just don't freaking relax. It's all about being the top dog. That's why I'm going to get out of here as soon as possible.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by One on One
YES, YES, YES!!! You hit the nail on the head. People here just don't freaking relax. It's all about being the top dog. That's why I'm going to get out of here as soon as possible.
Even the kids my age are like that too...Its sickening...When I go to Hooters, me and my friends are wilding...But everyone else seems like they arnt having a good time...I mean, there are b1tches in your face! Flirt with them, do something! People want to look at me like Im crazy...:confused: And then everyone is such a status wh0re...Where Im at, all the kids want to go to Tysons Corner to shop and work cause it makes them look better or whatever...I remember this one kid used to work at Pizza Hut and he would take his whole 2 week paycheck and go to Armani Exchange and buy one outfit so he could keep up with everyone...I was getting like these people, but thank God I got out of that sh1t quick...

Frank Zappa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Girls in Washington DC and NYC?

If I move from here, its either Cali or ATL...Thats it...
Well, I grew up in the DC area and loved it, but now that I'm in my 20s, I'm glad I'm in ATL. The DC area is NO PLACE to spend your 20s.

You won't regret coming down here C-Bear, I like it better than any northern city. It's affordable to live in the heart of the city in a great place with hot tubs and pools.

Never been to California, although I'd like to visit there and Hawaii sometime. Don't think I could handle the LA life, but that's just me. And lots of liberals and hippis out west too... Or so I've heard.

~Zappa

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 of my cousins live in Atlanta...I could of went down there to live with them, but I passed...I want to reconsider...:)

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, ATL isn't for me because of the heat and humidity. In fact, I think the whole east coast has some ****ty weather (mostly because I sweat a lot and don't like the cold northeast either). I want to move to SoCal soon, and I mean soon as I can afford it.

How do you manage to uproot yourself, though? I mean, I don't know anyone out in SoCal so it's kinda hard to leave this area, but I don't want to continue living here. It really hit me how you said DC is no place to spend your 20s...I'm 22 and I felt the same way so its good to see someone who agrees.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by One on One
Well, ATL isn't for me because of the heat and humidity. In fact, I think the whole east coast has some ****ty weather (mostly because I sweat a lot and don't like the cold northeast either). I want to move to SoCal soon, and I mean soon as I can afford it.

How do you manage to uproot yourself, though? I mean, I don't know anyone out in SoCal so it's kinda hard to leave this area, but I don't want to continue living here. It really hit me how you said DC is no place to spend your 20s...I'm 22 and I felt the same way so its good to see someone who agrees.
There are some areas that are better than others. Try hanging out in Baltimore in areas like Federal Hill or Canton...lots of young people buying houses in old neighborhoods. It creates a real social revival. LOTS more young people than you'd commonly see in B-more...almost like a college town.

But yeah, you're right. Baltimore and DC are for the most part old neighborhoods and the people are way less interesting, not to mention most of the wimminz are ugly.

I wouldn't mind at all moving out west somewhere. I'm leaving the possibility open. :)

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
I remember this one kid used to work at Pizza Hut and he would take his whole 2 week paycheck and go to Armani Exchange
Hold on, there's an Armani Exchange around here? Is it in MD or VA?

Originally posted by squirrels
There are some areas that are better than others. Try hanging out in Baltimore in areas like Federal Hill or Canton...lots of young people buying houses in old neighborhoods. It creates a real social revival. LOTS more young people than you'd commonly see in B-more...almost like a college town.
A friend of mine goes down to Canton a lot, he usually starts the night a the Pickled Parot. I've gone with him in the past but he's a much bigger drinker than I am (like every night kind of guy). My grandmother actually lives within walking distance so I'm familiar with the area. Too bad grandma isn't cool enough for me to bring a girl back to her house for some lovin' :D

Never tried Federal Hill tho.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One on One, you goto tysons? Im there alot sargin'. You up to go pick up chicks sometime? :D

Thanos

Reaction score
Ho tell averybody even da mayor!!

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Heizen
One on One, you goto tysons? Im there alot sargin'. You up to go pick up chicks sometime? :D
I only go to Tysons like maybe 3 or 4 times a year. If you wanna wing there, though, I'd be game. You have any luck there? Girls seem stuck up for the most part, but I haven't tried much up there.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls at tysons are usually stuck up. I usually end up going to Fair Oaks, the girls there come from a bigger variety of school, and besides being better looking, they are less stuck up.

Needless to say until I turn 18 and can go clubbing, my stomping grounds are limited to say the least, hence I usually go to the mall.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
New York is awesome. Then again, I am sort of biased, but that comes with living here.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NYC Dude
New York is awesome. Then again, I am sort of biased, but that comes with living here.
Are you kidding? I love NY. Too many good places to hang out, too many good breakdancers there :)

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fascinating thread, guys. I'm one of those pretentious pricks that people call "bi-coastal", and I have a pretty interesting perspective on this topic, at least to those of you have that stayed on one coast for your whole lives.

Let me break this down into several points:

1) The Allure of the West

The West Coast, especially California, occupies a place in many East Coast people where legends reside. I would compare it to the "Swedish Phenomenon", where people automatically assume that everyone there is blonde, beautiful, and perfect. The truth is that that's not even close to being true - just as there are ugly people and darker-complected people in Sweden, there are pitfalls to living in California. For example, if you live in L.A. it SUCKS to be poor (like, below the poverty line). Because of the spatial layout of the city and how spread out it is (urban sprawl), you'll find that if you don't have a car, you're literally TRAPPED in your rough neighborhood. This is the reality that many poor blacks and Latinos (Mexicans) deal with in L.A.. Sucks. Other bad points include the superficial nature of the people, their lack of attention span, indolence, and [in certain places] blistering summer heat. Also, rent isn't exactly cheap, either. People are also not exactly..... intellectual, overall. A lot of airheads and meatheads. And the economy/job market is limited to certain sectors - you won't find the overwhelming variety of lines of work that is available in NYC, for example.

2) The Women of the West Coast vs. East Coast

Another prevailing myth. In terms of the literal genepool, I would say that they are pretty much evenly matched. Well except that perhaps the women are more tanned out in California, and slimmer in Manhattan proper because they walk everywhere without driving (but the LA hotties are still very hot).

One thing I've noticed though is that in the NE United States (where I am now - temporary move), there is a heavy Southern European (esp. Italian), Puerto Rican/Dominican and Jewish presence. This manifests itself in the genepool, with the particular 'looks' that are unique to each ethnicity. This is especially true in the state of New York. Out West, the greater non-Anglo influences include Hispanics and Asians. Also, the "All-American look" (God, I fvcking hate that term... why the fvck is 'blonde and blue-eyed' considered "representative" of American-ness? Sounds quasi-racist to me... :rolleyes: ) is more prevalent out West, because most of the white folks out West are descended from the original land speculators of the Wild West (of Anglo-Germanic-Celtic-Nordic stock), and also from the 'Okies' (Oklahoma hicks and rednecks that migrated over during the 1930s Great Depression/Dust Bowl phenomenon) and other Midwesterners that migrated to the West in the past century (similar stock). Thus, for those of us who still consider being blonde and light-skinned the epitome of human beauty, the decidedly blonder and blue eyed Caucasian population of California might make it seem that "Cali girls are hotter". IMO though - I don't think it's that. Not even close. It's about the attitude of the girls. More on this in my next point.

3) East Coast - West Coast: Differences in Attitude

I think that 'inner beauty' really does factor into a man's attraction to a female. And I don't mean that mushy crap - I'm talking about a woman's ability to be engaging, to make men feel comfortable. This is only my personal opinion, but the women in California are just more open, outgoing, and friendlier, once you break thru the initial resistance which pretty much exists anywhere. It could be just me, but in general I've found East Coast girls (with the exception of some lovely Latin/Dominican/Puerto Rican girls) to be a bit cold, and distant. I'm sure they're great once you gain their trust, but the learning curve in trying to do that is much steeper out East.

A friend told me that the best way to meet women out East (this is *especially* true in New York City) is through personal introductions. I believe him now. The cold approach here on the East Coast is a dicier proposition than out West - you'll meet greater resistance and even complete shut-outs. Hey, I'm not bytching, coz I can take my lumps like a man - but I'm just telling it as it is. Out West, you'll find that the bytch-shield isn't as high, but on the other hand you'll find many more flakes. Ironically, I guess the guardedness of East Coast girls will pretty much sort out that problem for you, because only those girls with strong interest will give you clear signals or give you her number.

4) Attitudes

Yes, people really are more laid back in California. This is 1000% true. But sometimes this can also be irritating when you're a person with high energy, who is a mover and a shaker. If you want to do big things with your life, Southern (or even Northern) California is probably not the place for you to be. There's too much of a "regional" mindset and life-outlook in California, despite that it has the 2nd and 5th largest cities in the country (Los Angeles and San Fransisco). Unless you want to make it in showbiz or cosmetic surgery.
:D

Last edited:

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jake,

I really appreciate your opinion having lived on both coasts since I'm heavily leaning towards a move to Cali in a few months. And, nothing you've said changes that.

It seems most candid opinions of both coasts always come to the conclusion that the west coast is definitively more laid back and people are more open. Looks-wise, I wouldn't expect there to be much difference in the girls, but, let's face it, there is never a problem finding hotties unless you live in Saudi Arabia.

You say the west coast can be blisteringly hot? I guess you're referring to areas inland because as far as I can tell, areas around LA are generally going to be 60-90 degrees high year-round without much variation. I've been watching LA weather very closely and it doesn't seem to vary that much. If I live between Santa Monica and Redondo somewhere on the coast, I think I can expect beautiful weather year round.

I agree with you that it's easy to get caught up in the allure of the West and I'm guily of this myself, but even practically speaking, the West does seem better...it's just not paradise, though.

Anyways, you've made me want to move to Cali even more. I'm not the type of guy who really cares for a career. I just want to have fun and do what I need to do and get by. Seems like Cali is the place to do it.