For you HS Seniors: What college are you going to?

PimpC2k6

Reaction score
I'll be headin to University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Fighiting Illini!!!!!
I had a 4.0 GPA witha 24 ACT score.

Plane

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or MSU could mean Missouri State University, which basically sucks balls, Im already taking classes there and I am a Soph in HS.

Im planning on going to UMKC (University of Missouri-Kansas City). My Mom and Dad both went there, and I really want to do the 6-year med-school program.

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I applied to MSU because they offered a full ride and I'm poor. =)

It was purely for "plan C" purposes.

If anyone wants to know my stats, here they are. Remember though, you don't need to have numbers like this to get into top schools:

SAT 2280 (800 M, 730 V, 750 W)
SAT II: 720 Lit, 720 Math IC, 770 Bio
AP Tests: 4- English Language, 5- United States History
State Qualifier in debate, state qualifier in piano
Lots of volunteering hours
President of Chess Club
P.I.M.P.

Yes, the last two might seem contradictory, but I hold it down in my 'hood.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all of you are ****ing smart... a little too much time into the books, and not enough time with girls huh? but thats cool, all of you are probably going to end up really good finanically so money as well as women will probably come at the same time.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flabbergasped? said:
I applied to MSU because they offered a full ride and I'm poor. =)

It was purely for "plan C" purposes.

If anyone wants to know my stats, here they are. Remember though, you don't need to have numbers like this to get into top schools:

SAT 2280 (800 M, 730 V, 750 W)
SAT II: 720 Lit, 720 Math IC, 770 Bio
AP Tests: 4- English Language, 5- United States History
State Qualifier in debate, state qualifier in piano
Lots of volunteering hours
President of Chess Club
P.I.M.P.

Yes, the last two might seem contradictory, but I hold it down in my 'hood.
Are you black or hispanic?

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BUMP! Where's everyone going this year?

KnockoutJM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ill be going to Univ Rhode Island Next Year. (Kingston) I saw it and thought it was really nice, plus they gave me free tuition. I also liked when i found out the female to male ratio was almost 60%:40%

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
Potbelly said:
good luck man. if you succeed, you'll probably get in anywhere.
What's with you and antiblack sentiments... you racist? My friend is black and he has a higher GPA than most kids 4.12 he actually studies and takes all AP courses, 2300s in the NEW SATs. He is planning to go to either MIT, Princton, Brown or Harvard.

Cheeto717

Reaction score
comic_relief said:
Millersville University

GPA is 3.7

accepted to Kutztown University but rejected it for MU

comic_relief

hey, im going to MU as well. Where do you live around?

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I guess it got bumped for 2007.

Well I live in a city just north of Boston.

Bit surprised to hear discussion on school people are going to in a forum that focus on getting girls mostly. Blah, that sounded more condesending then I intended, can't think of a more correct wording. Anyways I applied to ten schools.

Boston College (waitlisted), Brandeis (waitlisted), Tufts (rejected), RPI (waitlisted), WPI (Accpeted), College of the Holy Cross (Accepted), Boston University (Accepted), Clark University (Accepted), Northeastern (Accepted), and University of Massachusetts Amherst (Accepted).

Since I actually listed the schools I got in (and not), might as well ask this, useful to get a perspective by this site. Judging from my past posts and your experiences, what school of the six that accepted me should I take? Ignore financial aid.

In terms of academics my passions are divided between Computers and History. Making me part Computer nerd and part history buff. My sense of idealism and draw to history also cause me to see myself as a Humanist in both the philosophical and classical sense.

Socially, I would like to attend a party here and there, but I definately more drawn to other aspects of the social life. I much rather have a good circle of friends to have fun with, study with, and possibly an occasional adventure (of course a girl I like by my side too) (hmm... that also does not sound accurate, guess the best description is the Brandeis social life with parties not as prominent and so on, too bad I got waitlisted there).

muzicfreak2k3

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to go to Lehigh but got waitlisted =/ So now I'm going to Syracuse up in New York. Anybody go there or could give me some info on it ?

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Accepted: East Carolina, Virginia Commonwealth, Randolph Macon and Roanoke
Waitlisted: Univ of Vermont, Christopher Newport
Rejected: U of M(alumni-dad), James Madison and probably VTech, they're reviewing it now since my transcript was never sent by my school.

2.2 freshman yr, 2.5 soph, 2.7 junior, 3.5 senior
2 IBs and APs every year and advanced math every year.
Weightlifting team, Scuba diving, snowboarding

w/e, ECU here I come. So much hot punani and badass parties and decent school. Playboy visited once last year, and Girls Gone Wild twice. 9th for Hottest Coeds in the nation.
sweet.

we all eat food

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Community College for me lol, its the best thing, since im in special ed already so watever

playher

Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to a well-regarded high school in Los Angeles and I have a 1890 SAT, 3.7 gpa and I still got denied by a lot of schools...Might I note I am asian. However in todays world college admissions have to read about 50000 applications. How do you think you will rank amongst them. They randomly read about your personal self in the essay portions, its mainly the race you are, numbers you have and etc. The mayor of la's kid goes to my school and he has a 3.0 gpa and he got into princeton and every ivy league. So all that matters is who you know? Do you have money? And not to be racist, but are you of the "better" black or mexicans. Personally it pisses me off to be judged on a higher point scale because im asian as compared to so many mexicans who had a 3.0 and got into ucla and etc. Oh well thats life---just remember its are you really going to put yourself out there and learn or hide behind a school name going through the motions like so many robots in our world today.

MoolahDiamond

Don Juan
Reaction score
2310 SAT
35 ACT
780IIC 690USH 680Lit
4.0uw 4.93w
APs: 5,5,5,5,4,4,4,3,3

Denied at upper Ivies and accepted at Cornell, UCs, and USC. I think my SatIIs Killed it for me at the top schools. Heading to UC Berkeley next year. Anyone else going?

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
MoolahDiamond said:
2310 SAT
35 ACT
780IIC 690USH 680Lit
4.0uw 4.93w

Denied at upper Ivies and accepted at Cornell, UCs, and USC. I think my SatIIs Killed it for me at the top schools. Heading to UC Berkeley next year. Anyone else going?
Wow what upper Ivies denied you? One of my girlfriends are going to Harvard and she has the same track record as you. Well she kinda is like a school freak doing like 10 clubs and she prob had a good interview too.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MoolahDiamond said:
2310 SAT
35 ACT
780IIC 690USH 680Lit
4.0uw 4.93w

wow ur smart

im goin to uci...not my first choice but wutever