For you HS Seniors: What college are you going to?

Bladerunner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, dude, you can definitely get into USC. Possibly Stanford (go there if you get in).

Make sure you visit USC before you decide to go there though; it's in the middle of a freaking ghetto. Westwood (UCLA) is much nicer and has an even better SoCal vibe =D

Duke's awesome, Chicago is crazy intense.

Feel free to shoot me a pm about colleges though. I applied to 19 of the damn things, including about 2/3 of the ones you listed.

Kevansta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bladerunner said:
Yeah, dude, you can definitely get into USC. Possibly Stanford (go there if you get in).

Make sure you visit USC before you decide to go there though; it's in the middle of a freaking ghetto. Westwood (UCLA) is much nicer and has an even better SoCal vibe =D

Duke's awesome, Chicago is crazy intense.

Feel free to shoot me a pm about colleges though. I applied to 19 of the damn things, including about 2/3 of the ones you listed.
I visited UCLA about 2 years ago, and the campus was quite frankly gorgeous. It looked better than most private schools I've seen even. The only issue is that out-of-state tuition is like highway robbery. I still might apply there though, and see if I can get some scholarships or possibly in-state tuition.

Northwestern is also a really sweet campus, located in an amazing city. I'm from Wisconsin and we visit Chicago about once a month at least. I wouldn't mind going to school there, its just that I've had about enough harsh winters for my lifetime.

Where exactly did you apply to anyways? And how many of those did you get into? Thanks.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kevansta said:
I visited UCLA about 2 years ago, and the campus was quite frankly gorgeous. It looked better than most private schools I've seen even. The only issue is that out-of-state tuition is like highway robbery. I still might apply there though, and see if I can get some scholarships or possibly in-state tuition.

Northwestern is also a really sweet campus, located in an amazing city. I'm from Wisconsin and we visit Chicago about once a month at least. I wouldn't mind going to school there, its just that I've had about enough harsh winters for my lifetime.

Where exactly did you apply to anyways? And how many of those did you get into? Thanks.
Most University of California have ridiculous tuition rates for out of states. I got into Davis, LA and Berkeley but didn't go because of that. And also cause I live in New York xD

Bladerunner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kevansta said:

A = Accepted, W = Waitlisted, R = Rejected

UC Berkeley - R
UCLA - A
UCSB Honors College - A
UCSD - A
Bowdoin - W
Brandeis - A
Chicago - R
Claremont McKenna - R
Duke - A
Emory - R
Harvard - R
Northwestern - R
Occidental - A
UPenn - R
Pomona - R
Rice - R
Stanford - R
Swarthmore - R
Wesleyan - W
Williams - R

Looking back on it, the only places I would have possibly gone over UCLA if I'd gotten are Stanford, Harvard, UPenn, Emory, or Rice. Incredibly happy with my decision!