Female self esteem issues

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have acquired a few female friends over the last couple years. They often open up to me and we have very personal conversations. One thing i have noticed is that most females have struggled or are still struggling with self esteem issues. It seems almost ubiquitous among them. This is especially true for the extremely attractive ones, and the extremely unattractive ones. Its gotten to the point where when a new female friend or romantic partner gets candid with me, i can predict that they will reveal to me that they secretly have self esteem issues.

It always amazes me becuz alot of these women are very good looking and get tons of external praise from both men and women. Maybe they secretly know that they are not that special inside? It seems like the low self esteem is completely unjustified. Alot of these chicks are upper middle class, and have alot going for them. Im not sure what it is. Maybe its the media(body image thing), or maybe its physiological. I don't want to overgeneralize here, not all women have self worth issues but the majority do.

I realize that all men also have some sort of self esteem issues but i don't think its as common or as severe as female self esteem issues are. The problem is so bad that on college campuses they have whole organizations just dealing with female self esteem. Any other men notice this?

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pandora,

Understand that women, far more than men, have their sense of self worth link unfairly to just their looks. I suspect that a woman's appearance is judged even MORE harshly by some of the "other" women who are closest to them. Friends, Family, Organizational Associates, etc...

So, why is it that you are encountering so many women with self-esteem issues?

It's because NOTHING is a shakier foundation to build your self worth upon than your outer appearance alone. And the women who have bought into this shortsighted "value" system often have become their own worst enemies.

VU

sweet girl

Reaction score
Do u know why this phenomena happens to the extremely attractive girls, and the extremely unattractive ones? Because both of them have not chances to keep in touch with the opposite sex. Man are afraid of extremely attractive girls and do not like unattractive girls.

Please see below the post that i made today in this forum and please give your comment. It has to do with your post.

Thnx in advance

I am really confused related to the "today" men. I am shocked that all guys are just going to let all the women ask them out, because this way is less risky for.
I am writing even from my closest friend situation. My close friend (30 yrs old now, a manager and professionally in good situation, is very attractive, charming and beautiful. Many people says that she resemble to young Sophia Loren.In fact she is very cheerful, very communicative and not at all presumptuous, although she is almost perfect. Related to the relationship with males she is really unlucky. Many boys think that she is fulfilled, she has everything she wants, she is happy and she does not need one to complete her. The truth is, she is unhappy with this situation (no man in her heart), but she is just fine in the appearance (smiley when meeting and discussing, sweet and strong girl at the same time). She does not express her spirit situation. All the chances she had are the men that are like females and want a strong girl to go out. Intelligent ones are afraid of her, afraid of her "self-confident" "fulfillment" in appearance. They think that she is that kind of woman the can get what she wants, can't believe that she is "sweet" "soft" and a typical female waiting for her prince. All she need is a man to have the courage to know her inside not outside, an intelligent man to dig in her "world"
On the contrary , men can take a chance only with insecure and not self-confident girl or maybe with none because they have been hurt once and do not want to get hurt again.
Something is wrong with that picture (general picture that man stay "waiting" for the girls) and I certainly don’t think that was the way God intended it. Are man inferior and wait for the female to move on? I think that men need to step up and take a chance!

Why men are not asking women out on dates like they used to?

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How does having low self-esteem affect women?

It's really obvious how having low self-esteem and poor confidence can affect a man. But I don't have a clue how it works for women.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:

It's really obvious how having low self-esteem and poor confidence can affect a man. But I don't have a clue how it works for women.
It doesn't seem to does it. A low-self eteem girl can still think she is too good for most guys and get plenty of guys chasing her. If anything when a female exhibits low self esteem and lack of confidence doesn't it only entice orbiters and white knights to tell her, "You are strong, girl" "You are so wonderful" etc. You see it all day everyday on facebook. They still expect a man to exhibit confidence. And wouldn't a high self esteem girl just come across proudy and stuck up more than anything?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been dating skanks lately and let me tell yah, low self esteem confessions = I know I'm not worth it, and you seem pretty cool, but if I tell you all of this and you still wanna screw me, then it's on, mind you I will act like a crazy ***** later if you don't get out soon enough. Seriously, I've heard it so much in the last few months that I know what's coming next. I had this happen thursday night with this cute little pixie blonde. She tells me how she doesn't have custody of her kid, shes living with her mom and she just got a job after 8 months. Then she tells me she has low self esteem. I smack her on the ass. Tell her she's hot. I make a joke about something from earlier, ask for a hug good night, go for the kiss, make out and BJ in the car. I'll call her in a month or so.

Normal chics don't act like this with guys they like. If she is an otherwise normal chic and you aren't banging her and shes going on about self esteem issues, understand this is how chics bond. They don't do this with guys they want to bang because either the guys will treat them like I treat girls or they will run from the possible crazy. Everyone has some issue, most people just don't talk about it to their potential suitors.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
Pandora,

Understand that women, far more than men, have their sense of self worth link unfairly to just their looks. I suspect that a woman's appearance is judged even MORE harshly by some of the "other" women who are closest to them. Friends, Family, Organizational Associates, etc...

So, why is it that you are encountering so many women with self-esteem issues?

It's because NOTHING is a shakier foundation to build your self worth upon than your outer appearance alone. And the women who have bought into this shortsighted "value" system often have become their own worst enemies.

VU
VU you are right but its just a very difficult concept for the average guy to understand. Its so counterintuitive. Its truly another universe that attractive women live in. I guess they are constantly self conscious of their looks.
College girls have told me that their self esteem took a beating during sorority rush week. During that week they realized that there are ALOT of more beautiful girls on campus. They found out that they are not as special as they think and that they are actually quite common. During that week they are constantly being compared and comparing themselves to other gorgeous girls. I guess thats horrible for anyones self esteem.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Seriously, I've heard it so much in the last few months that I know what's coming next.
Yeh man, it gets d@mn predictable. You def start knowing wut is coming next. You almost wanna say "women stfu and go out in the world and use your brains and your looks to make something of urself."

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
It doesn't seem to does it. A low-self eteem girl can still think she is too good for most guys and get plenty of guys chasing her. If anything when a female exhibits low self esteem and lack of confidence doesn't it only entice orbiters and white knights to tell her, "You are strong, girl" "You are so wonderful" etc. You see it all day everyday on facebook. They still expect a man to exhibit confidence. And wouldn't a high self esteem girl just come across proudy and stuck up more than anything?
The thing is, is that these women almost have a delusional sense of self ugliness. Its like when a girl with anorexia nervosa looks in the mirror and still sees a fat girl. Its crazy. All of the compliments in the WORLD don't stick. They constantly need that injection of compliments on facebook and in real life. Like a drug addict they need that fix. These girls i know are gorgeous (with or without makeup), but if they go outside without makeup one day they feel like the ugliest girl in the world. You are right, they still think they are too good for most guys, but its like once you can crack that outer shell you learn that they don't have a high opinion of themselves. They just use the power we give them to prop up their frail self esteem.

When they act stuck up to me, i know the real scoop. I know that they are faking it. Thats prob why some respond so well to mis treatment. It matches up with how they really view themselves.

A guy friend once told me something interesting. He said that since most attractive females don't feel good about themselves, imagine how they view guys that worship them. That makes you look even less valuable than how she feels about herself. They view it as you not being worth too much if you would fawn over something that is worthless. This guy happens to be pretty good with chicks.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
That's because its pretty much irrelevant. Calling a beautiful woman insecure is a way to try and equalize the playing field, like spotting a defect or a weak spot. However, does this insecurity affect her market value in the eyes of men? Not unless she's a psycho, and even then, there would still be men going after her, maybe even moreso because some consider crazy chicks to be easy, wild lays.

If she's attractive, she'll still have her ass kissed regardless.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is really confusing.

How about this.

If you know a girl has self-esteem issues, how should you act with her? Assuming of course, that you want to get with her.

Is it different if you want to date her or just mess around?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:

it works the same way with men and women. poor self esteem can f you up ... in all sorts of areas ... in the head... in the heart... in the sack.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
it works the same way with men and women. poor self esteem can f you up ... in all sorts of areas ... in the head... in the heart... in the sack.
Hmm.

The reason I'm wondering is because the girl I like has self-esteem issues and I think it's part of the reason why she doesn't want to date.

I just don't know if there is anything I can do.

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm.

The reason I'm wondering is because the girl I like has self-esteem issues and I think it's part of the reason why she doesn't want to date.

Are you saying that she has low self esteem issues and still doesn't want to date you? Or you're not sure if she is into you? Because, if she's just not into you, it doesn't matter what she has or doesn't have, she doesnt' like you. You can't blame her poor self esteem for not wanting to hang out with you and somehow try to fix her. But if you haven't yet tried, then make a move on her, regardless or not if she is low-self esteem.

To answer another question you had, yes, it is different if you wanna date her or just mess around. Your best bet here is to ONLY mess around and do not date her or get serious with her.

Now, I'm of course thinking of a cluster-B type of low self esteem here. If this is just another random girl with slightly low self esteem (normal for a lot of girls actually, if they are any decent looking, a lot of them will have at least SOME level of low self-esteem, so you have to be careful that you're not disqualifying normal chicks)..

So read up a bit on cluster B type, BPD, that way you will know quickly if you are dealing with one of them. And if so, then only go in for the sexual pleasures, and do not see her or talk to her more than once or twice a week, max. This way, you can have a F buddy, but neither you or her are likely to develop feelings, thus saving you from a potential nightmare down the road.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Hmm.

The only time I've had LSE girls not want to date me, was when they felt I was out of their league (which I am). So I let them go. No need to stoop to their level just for some azz. This has happened to me 3 times in the last year. I still get emails, texts and FB messages from them, but unless they are coming over to F, I could care less.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's just an ex-fat girl. Probably still has body image issues. She doesn't care about being in style.

She's totally fine with hanging out but doesn't want to date.

I don't want to just mess around.

I don't know if I should talk to her in a certain way that could make her want to date. If it's not me, it will eventually be somebody else.

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She's just an ex-fat girl. Probably still has body image issues.
I've seen a few of these. One of the girls in my social circle is a hottie and does some modeling now. I recently found out she used to be a fattie back in high school (accidentaly saw some old pictures at her parents house). It's crazy how different she looks now, but my girlfriend did tell me that she still has LSE over it and I guess got offended where sometime last year I joking called her a "fat ass" during a river rafting trip. I didn't even know she got mad, but I guess she told my girl about it (who I wasn't dating at the time lol).

So yeah, I've seen a few of these, fatties turned hotties, and it seems like most end up with some level of low self esteem, but if it's not horribly bad, these girls can actually make pretty good mates, as their head is not all up in the clouds. Hence, you may have a somewhat normal girl as she didn't grow up with the priviledges of a knockout who got her ass kissed all her life, and she is a hottie now! Too bad this one doesnt' like you though, otherwise, she'd "date ya" lol.

She's totally fine with hanging out but doesn't want to date.

I don't want to just mess around.
Well, once again, if she doesn’t' want to date, it means that she is probably not interested. You've been on this board long enough, haven't you got that basic down? If a chick doesn't want to date you, she may give you a 1001 excuses, but the bottom line is, she is not interested man.

"I don’t' know if I should talk to her a certain way, I don't want to just mess around"... ok, well you know what.. your BEST chance in this hopeless scenario is in fact to "mess around"... this allows you to control how you want to develop this "relationship" and where you want to lead it to.

You have to physically/sexually advance on this girl, and she may then be interested, where at first she didn’t' see you in this sexual light. So proceed sexually and make moves on her, make out with her, and advance as far as you can. If you’re good at this, she will WANT to be with you.

I actually a similar talk with one of my close buddies. He is the “picky type” that never seems to make sexual advances and only wants to date “properly”, and for a long time before sleeping with a girl. This guy is very good looking, but struggles with women. He calls me often asking questions, but he won’t listen to the advice. He has been single for a long time, he’s 27 now, and has never really had a steady girlfriend.

He has been recently hanging out with some Latina hottie who approached him first along with her friend. They have been “dating” for almost a month, is what he told me on the phone last week. I said “great man, that’s awesome I’m happy for you”. Then we talked about it a little bit more, and I find out that they not only haven’t had sex, but in fact they barely even make out. They’ve only made out a few times here and there, and he takes her on these “proper dates” and has not brought her over or been over her place.

I told him “what the F are you doing? How many times did I talk to you about this?” And he goes “I know man, but I really like this girl, she’s different. I feel like we know each other so well, we talk about everything and anything. We stay up laying just talking about our selves. She asked me what my biggest fears are, and then she told me hers. I mean, we have talked about everything. I’m not gonna lie, I’m really starting to like her a lot”.

He went on to say how lately she has been a bit standoffish and doesn’t always return his calls or texts until much later. He went on to say how it’s “more than just about the sex, and sex is not so important, bla bla bla bla BLA” and I told him… “I agree, it is more than just about the sex, but you absolutely HAVE to sex this girl up man, or you’re gonna just end up rejected because she is losing interest as you’re not making any moves, or worse, you might even end up her buddy”… “yeah I guess you’re right, I’ll try something bla bla..”

We talked about an action plan where he is gonna bring her over and end up making a move. Well, he did actually take some action, and ended up at her place instead of his. He stayed up in her bed until 04:00 AM, and supposedly did some heavy making out and dry humping. I asked him why he didn’t hit it, and he said “it just didn’t happen tonight, but we both had a good time, I’m really into her now, her body is just banging.” I’m like that’s awesome man, great progress, but you should have nailed it also, and he is like “well I tried taking her skirt off, but she stopped me” LOL I’m like “Jesus dude, you don’t just reach and try to take the skirt off, where the hell are the basics at, get her turned on after some making out, and proceed slowly. I think you very well could have had her, especially after you got to the point of dry humping, you should have tried to advance then.” But he said he thought the night went well.

This was Thursday night, he texted her on Friday but got no response all day long. He told me on Saturday morning, that he didn’t’ get a response yet, and that he’s not gonna text her back anymore unless she writes him back.

I take this as another of a million lessons, that if you wait to damn long to close the deal, the girl will lose interest in you sexually. It’s good to build anticipation and all, but you eventually have to deliver. Or else.

Please learn from my buddy.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever self esteem issues the chick has, just remember, do not make them yours, do not be Captain Save a LSE Ho. They're for her to deal with.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the post sexysuave.

She's definitely a normal girl, doesn't think that she's hot stuff.
You've been on this board long enough, haven't you got that basic down?
That's way too complicated to get into here.
You have to physically/sexually advance on this girl, and she may then be interested, where at first she didn’t' see you in this sexual light. So proceed sexually and make moves on her, make out with her, and advance as far as you can. If you’re good at this, she will WANT to be with you.
Each time I we hang out, I'm more physical than the last. She's also letting me do stuff to her that she hasn't in the past.

Yeah, I can see that it's really important to make a move.

If you’re good at this, she will WANT to be with you.
And if you're not good at it?